What We Lost (Camilo X Y/N)

By Gisel25princess

"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person... More

Who Are The Family Madrigal?
Dance Like Nobody's Watching
Mariano's Suprise
Him
I like you. I know.
A Future Proposal
Ruin
Heavenly
Those Three Words
Gone...?
Two Dark Stars
Broken
Mr. Widemouth
Lo Que Perdimos (What We Lost)
Dos Estrellas Brillantes (Two Bright Stars)
Authors Note
Authors Note 2

Proposing? I think not.

901 18 53
By Gisel25princess

     Señora Madrigal came to pick us up later on that day. The whole town knew of Mariano's proposal. For the first time I actually felt important and special. The whole village walked with us and we're gathering around El Casa Madrigal. They all were waiting anxiously for Mariano to propose.

I saw Camilo at the door and I heard him call out to Isabela saying, "Isabela, you're boyfriend's here!" While shifting into Mariano, mocking him. I giggled under my breathe and I saw my mother look at me. I stopped giggling. Once we reached the house, the whole Madrigal family came down stairs and greeted us.

As my family and I entered, many hugs and greetings were given out to us. As everyone was talking with Mariano and my mother, Camilo came over to me with a smirk. He whispered, "Hola, mi amor." I smiled lightly. However, my eyes trailed behind him and I saw Bruno Madrigal speaking with Isabela. Isabela looked nervous and Bruno looked as if he was trying to calm her down. Camilo looked back at what I was looking at and he sighed.

"I need to talk to you." He said before quickly taking my hand and into a room. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Isabela. She doesn't want to marry your brother. No offense." He said. "None taken." I said a little worried.

"Isabela told Mirabel, Luisa, Dolores, Antonio, Bruno and me that she doesn't want to marry him. She is only doing it for the family and to please the adults. Specifically, our Abuela." He said.

"Oh..." I said not knowing what else to say.

"We all want to help her but we aren't sure how." He said shrugging.

I walked around and looked down at my fingers. I began to mess with them, trying to think of a way to stop this proposal. Then, something came to mind.

"What if we made it a disaster?" I asked. "What do you mean?" Camilo asked.

"I mean, what if we slowly ruined the proposal? Tonight has to go perfect but what if we made it not perfect and made it the worst proposal." I said.

"How?" Camilo asked.

"What id we make everyone get mad and panicked?" I suggested.

"Yeah! All of us can be immature and annoying! We'll say stupid things and the energy will spread to everyone at the dinner table! It will cause a panic and everyone's powers will be out of control!" He supported.

"Yeah exactly!" I said. Camilo grabbed my hand, spun me around and pushed my back abasing his chest. "Ah princesa you are a genius!" He whispered in my ear. I giggled as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Let's go tell the others" Camilo insisted. I agreed and we both went to find Isabela, Mirabel, Luisa, Dolores, Antonio and Bruno.

After we came up with a plan. All 8 of us were ready for this disaster to go down. Yes, I feel guilty for doing this to my brother, but honestly it was for his own good. I hope it will teach him a lesson to not jump right into serious things.

We all sat around the table for dinner. I sat in between my mother and brother. The food was given out and we all began to eat and talk amongst one another. However, Mariano noticed Mirabel was acting off.

"Mirabel? Is everything okay?" Mariano asked. "Oh yeahhhhh! I'm super! Don't worry about me." She said nervously. "Okay?" He said before going back to his conversation with Isabela. Isabela, was being rude on purpose.

"Isabela!" Señora Madrigal raised her voice at Isabela, trying to get her to be kinder to Mariano. That's when Dolores looked like she was about to pop and so she whispered to Camilo. Whatever she whispered to him, startled him so he began shifting into many people uncontrollably. "Camilo!" Señora Madrigal shouted. "Control yourself!"

"Is everything alright, Camilo?" I asked concerned. He gulped, "Y-yeah, I'm fine." He said before sipping his drink. His dad, Felix gave him a weird look before going back to eating.

Camilo and Dolores began to whisper again and their mother, Pepa was staring to get mad. She whispered to them loudly, "Dolores, Camilo!" A thundering cloud began to form over Pepa. "Stop whispering!" She said strictly. "Mi vida, calm down." Felix said. "They're just talking."

Pepa sighed and calmed down, going back to her plate. That's when Camilo whispered to his father what Dolores whispered to him and Felix spit his water out that landed on Mariano. Isabela and I laughed.

"Y/n! Hush!" My mother said. "Mariano, are you okay?" I roll s my eyes. "Yes mami." He said in a childish tone.

Camilo laughed and turned into Mariano and mimicked him. "Yes mami." That made Isabela, Mirabel, Luisa, Antonio, Dolores and me laugh. Mariano you as embarrassed and all the adults were getting angry.

"Camilo!" Pepa yelled and the thundering clouds came back but became stronger.

"Hey, Pepa calm down! He didn't mean it! We don't need another disastrous accident in here." Bruno said. "WHAT?!" Pepa yelled at her brother in frustration. "Hermana, please calm down." Julieta said softly.

"DONT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! ALL OF YOU CALM DOWN!" Pepa yelled and it began to rain and lightning was striking everywhere.

Everyone began to argue with one another and it scared Mariano and my mother. Señora Madrigal became frustrated and was trying to calm everyone down. Antonio even called over his animals to create even more chaos. Lighting struck the table and scared Isabela and made a flower punch Mariano in the face. He cried out in pain. This silenced everyone and made the gasp.

"Oh my god! Mariano, are you okay?!" I asked pretending to be concerned. To be honest o kinda was. That was a hard punch.

That's when the doors slammed open and the village cheered and clapped saying congratulations, but really it was a disaster. Pepa's cloud then began to rain. We all go soaked.

Mariano, being the baby he is, began to cry and my mom picked him up from his seat and both began to start running out of the house. "Y/n! Let's go!" My mother said furiously.

"But mama-" I was about to say I wanted to stay but she cut me off. "Y/n! Now!" She yelled before running away with my brother. Alma Madrigal ran after them. The adults such as Pepa, Felix, Julieta and Agustín all went to the doors and watched them run.

The rest of the family that was in on the whole thing stayed behind and high fives one another. "Thanks guys." Isabela said thankfully.

"No problem, kid. It's not fair to you that you can't decided when and who you get married with. Glad I could help." Bruno said softly.

"That was so much fun." Mirabel said, laughing.

"I hope he's alright though." Dolores said worried.

"Eh he's fine, hermana. He's a big hunk anyways. He'll be fine." Camilo said.

"I really owe you all one." Isabela said. "Even you Mirabel. I couldn't be more grateful!" Isabela then hugged Mirabel. Judging by everyone's faces, Isabela and Mirabel never hugged before. I was glad this helped make up for lost sister bonding time.

"I'm glad it all worked out." I said happily.

"Sorry about your brother, Y/n." Isabela said grabbing my hands. "No it's okay Isa. No offense but I wasn't too fond of the idea of him marrying you. Different reasons though." I told her. She nodded. She understood me. "Anyways, I better get going. My mother will get mad if I'm not there with them."

"I'll walk you out." Camilo said heading in my direction. Camilo and I walked to the front of the house. He turned to me and said, "Well, I thank you for what you did for my cousin today. It meant a lot to her and the rest of us."

"Yeah no problem!" I said. "I'm always happy to help!"

"I know you are." He said with a smile. I smiled back. I looked over to the streets of the village and saw my mom and Mariano. "Well, goodnight, Camilo." I told him.

"Goodnight, mi amor." He said, kissing the back of my hand, softly. My cheeks turned pink and a small smile grew on my face. I didn't want to let go of his hand. We both slowly let go and I ran after my family, preparing for my mother to talk trash for when we get home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 501 16
Luna Madrigal, the only child of Bruno, had looked forward to getting her gift all of her life, until her gift became the reason she and Bruno were t...
3.7K 25 34
𝑺𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔: ~Set one (or two) years after the original movie, a young girl named Imena is found passed out in the woods. Oblivious to her pa...
1.9K 50 15
[Disclaimer! I do not own Encanto or its characters!] Tonight was supposed to be perfect. After the previous ceremony that left a confused, scared, a...
12.4K 202 15
After the encanto broke and the miracle died, Mirabel Madrigal ran away feeling guilty. Everyone was desperately looking for her, but nobody found he...