[ ๐™๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ข๐™ค, ๐™„๐™™๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™–...

By ferretsforlegs

[ Daniela Martรญnez has been best friends with Camilo Madrigal ever since he first received his gift when he... More

[ ๐€/๐ ]
[ - ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ - ]
[ - ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ - ]
[ - ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘ - ]
[ ๐€/๐ ]

[ - ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ’ - ]

31 0 1
By ferretsforlegs

╔═════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════════╗

𝐀/𝐍 - Please read!!

The way I'm going to write any parts where they're in school will be the way a school in the UK works. I'm from the UK, so it's the only way I know how to write schools.
I hope this isn't a big deal for you and you can still enjoy the book in the same way as before, I just have no idea how to write any other different schooling systems.

Also, there may be swearing in this chapter and the following ones to come!

Thank you, and enjoy the chapter!

╚═════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════════╝

I awoke to the shrill sound of my deafening alarm clock. Monday was here, and it was time to face it. I hit the top of the clock and slowly, but surely, started to get up. I let out a loud yawn and stretched my arms as I sat up, with my coffee-coloured locks sticking out in all different directions. I was tempted to just lay down, fall asleep right then and there, but I didn't. I knew that it's not worth missing a test just for a couple extra hours of sleep. I slept pretty well, anyway, since I went to sleep so early. I glanced over at my alarm clock to check the time.

7:02 am.

School started at 8:45, so I wasn't too concerned. I wearily dragged myself from my bed, taking Cosmo with me. I opened my wardrobe and put him back on my shelf, while grabbing my school uniform. It's nothing special. A white polo shirt with a pocket on the left side of your chest, a blue sweater vest with our school's logo on it, a pleated, navy blue skirt that comes to just above my knees, some white, calf-length socks and some black school shoes.

I quickly threw everything except my shoes on before tackling my messy curls. I guess it's my fault for going to sleep with hair that was still kinda damp. I managed to get them sorted out with a lot of brushing, and a midnight blue coloured headband to match my uniform. I took out my eyeshadow and found the most natural colour I had. I grazed my soft but slightly worn-down make-up brush over my eyelids. I then moved onto my mascara, flicking it over my eyelashes. I decided not to go with any eyeliner, since I'd probably get detention for wearing it. Students were already on thin ice with the most natural make up look they could get away with, which is what I had done.

I grabbed the books I needed for the day and stuffed them in my bag, along with my pencil case and a notebook that I keep that was meant to be for notes about my work, but I always just end up writing notes to Camilo or doodling in. I put in some small, blue, stud earrings in my lobes and stepped out of my room, adjusting the bag on my shoulder. I ran downstairs to where my Abuela and father sat and ate their breakfast.

"Morning, Abuela! Morning, Pà!" I greeted, reaching over to take the piece of toast my Abuela had made for me. I placed the piece in my mouth and slipped my feet into my black school shoes.

"Morning." My dad grunted, not taking his eyes off the newspaper. His eyes were transfixed to it. He always gets a bit grumpy in the morning so I didn't think too much of it.

"Good morning, dear. In a rush today, are we?" She asked with a laugh, watching me eat my toast.

"Yup! Got be there early for the test!" I said, finishing my toast and drinking a glass of orange juice. Once I finished it I took it to the sink and washed it before running back over to the door. "Adios, Abuela, adios, pá!" I marched over to the door.

"Wait!" My Abuela called back to me. "Aren't you forgetting something?" I stared at her with a confused look on my face before realising.

"Oh! My café uniform!" I realised, running back upstairs to get it. My mamá and papá run a café in the town, and I work there, since they don't have many employees. I work on Mondays, Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays, and I always go there straight after school, so it's easier if I just take my uniform with my to school and change in the bathrooms at the café later.

I ran back upstairs and shoved the uniform in my bag, before closing it and taking it back downstairs.

"Okay, I'm going for real now!" I laughed, opening the door and waving to my pá and Abuela.

"Off you go then, quidera! Good thing you get up earlier than your mother and sisters or you'd be late by now." She chuckled back, going over to the kitchen to get more tea. She came back out and nudged my dad. "Say goodbye to your daughter, hijo."

"Bye, Daniela." He muttered, actually managing to look up from his newspaper. My dad is a man of few words. He only says what he needs to. It's not a long walk to school, so I enjoy it most days. It's nice to be out and get some air.

"Hola, Camilo! Hola, Mirabel!" I waved at the pair of cousins who were stood outside the school, chatting.

"Morning, Dani." Camilo replied, turning to look at me.

"Hey, Daniela!" Mirabel waved back. "Did you revise for our test today?"

"Yup, did a lot last week but not so much over the weekend. I think I'm ready, though." I beamed.

"I wonder why you didn't do any on the weekend?" She thought sarcastically, earning an eyeroll from both me and Camilo. "I've revised too, but I was just telling this dunce how bad he's gonna fail." She continued, staring at Camilo with an unimpressed look on her face.

"Hey, it's not my fault I didn't study!" Camilo exclaimed, nudging her in the arm.

"Oh, really? Who's is it then?" Mirabel sneered, folding her arms.

"Well.. I- umm..." Camilo stammered. I knew he wouldn't have thought that far.

"Idiota." I mumbled, glancing at him with a sly smile.

"Estúpida." He bickered back with that stupid, yet charming smirk he had always had. Ever since I met him. It's one of the things that's never changed about him.

"Dios mío, you guys, get a room already!" Mirabel joked, nudging Camilo. He suddenly turned bright red, but I wasn't phased by her teasing. She's always saying stuff to wind us up like that. I laughed it off and looked at Camilo, who was doing his best to not look at either of us. That's when the yellow shimmer of the crystal planted in his chameleon locket caught my eye.

"Had he even taken it off?" I wondered. "What do I care? It doesn't matter to me." I justified in my head.

That's when the school bell rang and we all collectively groaned, having to go to registration. We are all in the same class for it though, so that's a plus. We continued our conversation as we walked in together as Camilo's face cooled down and he returned to normal.

"What are you doing after school tonight, Daniela?" Mirabel asked me, adjusting her glasses a bit.

"Working at my mis padres café." I replied with a sigh. "I always work there on Mondays, Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays, depending on how short-staffed they are." Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't like working at the café.

It's super rewarding and fun when it's busy because you're constantly on the ball, taking orders and bringing people their food, but it's so mind-numbingly boring when there are barely any customers. Camilo always comes to the café if it's slow to hang out with me so I don't go insane there.

"I'll come by after school with you, if you want." Camilo offered, opening the doors for Mirabel and I.

"Thanks Camilo, and yeah, that would be awesome if you did! What about you, Mirabel? Wanna come by the café after school?" I asked her.

"Yeah, sure! I don't see why I can't come to the café with you guys!" She grinned. "Thanks for opening the door by the way, Camilo."

"No problem." He said, shutting the door behind us. We all walked up to our registration class and headed inside. Not much happens in there, to be honest. My teacher for it is pretty cool, though. We basically just chat and hang out for a bit before we have to get to our actual classes. During reg today, however, I was showing Camilo my English notes to help him get at least a decent grade.

"Why are you helping him?" Mirabel asked. "I was looking forward to laughing at him when he fails." She giggled.

"Ha, very funny." Camilo replied in a monotone voice.

"I mean, she does have a point, Camilo. It is kinda your own fault you didn't study." I agreed with Mirabel. "You're lucky I'm so nice." I said jokingly with a wink.

"You? Nice? Please." Camilo replied in that same sarcastic, monotone voice again. Our teacher sat down at his desk.

"Alright, time to do the register!" My teacher called out to our chatty class. He went through all of our names, as usual, then let us go back to talking before he started sipping at his piping hot coffee. After about five more minutes he talked to us again. "Okay, everyone, it's time for your first lesson! Pack up any revision you've done for your English test. I'm sure you'll all do great." He told us with a smile.

We all walked over to our English classroom, that wasn't too far away from our reg, which is in Maths. As we were waiting to walk into our English class, Mirabel and I were talking about how we were pretty sure we were gonna get good grades. Well, I would of probably ended up with a B or something, but it was better than not passing. Camilo wasn't looking so confident though. Through his cockiness and his jokes, I could tell he was really scared he was going to fail. As kids started piling in the classroom, we were the only two left in the hallway.

"Hey," I looked at him in the eyes and took his hand clasping it with both of mine. I brought it up and squeezed it slightly. "You'll do fine, Camilo." I reassured him, letting go of his hand afterwards. He took a deep breath as we both stepped into the classroom and sat down next to each other.

══════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════════

Word count : 1806
Next chapter is an A/N explaining where I've been!

╚═════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════════╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 86.3K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
285K 8.5K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
70.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
461K 31.4K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...