Backstabber (Five Hargreeves...

By characters_need_love

[ON HOLD TEMPORARILY] backstabber : a co-worker or friend assumed trustworthy but who figuratively attacks wh... More

Check In
Introduction
We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Run Boy Run Pt.1
Run Boy Run Pt.2
Run Boy Run Pt.3
Run Boy Run Pt.4
Run Boy Run Pt.5
Memes Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.1
Man on the Moon Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.3
Man on the Moon Pt.4
Tagged
Memes Pt.2
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt. 1
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt.2
Number Five
Memes Pt.3
The Day That Wasn't Pt.1
The Day That Wasn't Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.1
Memes Pt.4
The Day That Was Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.3
The Day That Was Pt.4
Memes Pt.5
Rescue the Princess Pt.1
Rescue the Princess Pt.2
Rescue the Princess Pt.3
Rescue the Princess Pt.4
Memes Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.5
Fictional Crush Q&A Tag
Rescue the Princess Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.8
Rescue the Princess Pt.9
Rescue the Princess Pt.10
Rescue the Princess Pt.11
Rescue the Princess Pt.12
Memes Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.13
πŸŽƒπŸ’€Halloween SpecialπŸ’€πŸŽƒ
What Will Happen (Important A/N)
Rescue the Princess Pt.14
I Heard a Rumor Pt.1
I Heard a Rumor Pt.2
One of u needs to come clean
I Heard a Rumor Pt.3
Not a Chapter but Important
I Heard a Rumor Pt.4
I Heard a Rumor Pt.5
I Heard a Rumor Pt.6
Memes Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.7
I Heard a Rumor Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.9
Changes Pt.1
Changes Pt.2
Changes Pt.3
Changes Pt.4
Memes Pt.9
Changes Pt.5
Changes Pt.6
Q&A Pt.1
Changes Pt.7
Changes Pt.8
Changes Pt.9
Changes Pt.10
Changes Pt.11
Changes Pt.12
Memes Pt.10
Changes Pt.13
Changes Pt.14
The White Violin Pt.1
The White Violin Pt.2
The White Violin Pt.3
The White Violin Pt.4
Public Apology
The White Violin Pt.5 (Final Part)
Memes Pt.11
Memes Pt.12
Five in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole
Five in Wonderland: Advice From a Caterpillar
Five in Wonderland: The Grinning Cat
Five in Wonderland: A Mad Tea Party
Five in Wonderland: The Queens' Croquet Ground
Five in Wonderland: Who Stole the Tarts
Five in Wonderland: Five's Evidence (Final Part)
Introduction 2
The Frankel Footage
The Swedish Job
The Majestic 12 Pt.1
The Majestic 12 Pt.2
The Creatures of the Night Pt.1

Right Back Where We Started

538 16 7
By characters_need_love

Song Choice: Ricky Montgomery - Mr Loverman

"-OVE YOU!" Five's screaming confession was cut directly in half as he fell into a puddle in an alleyway from above.

She was gone. (Y/n).

He felt as if he couldn't bear another second of the thought of going another day without her apart of it. He felt as if all of the happiness he had ever experienced was taken away from him. He felt as if he was living a nightmare. He felt as if he was torn apart by a mix of anger and sadness. He felt as if his heart was shattered into small pieces.

She mattered a lot to him and all he ever wanted was for her to stay in his life, was that really too much to ask for?

Five was feeling an overwhelming rush of suffering emotions as he stumbled around to the wall to rest against and catch his breath. He almost couldn't comprehend it. He felt like he took her for granted. He felt like he failed her. He felt like he abandoned her when in reality she left him no choice but to.

'How could she leave me like that after promising that she would stay with me?' His mind finally managed to settle on words.

He never planned to leave (Y/n) there and he knew she didn't plan on it either over last second decisions. He understood that she tried to do what she thought was right but he still wished he could talk to her, even if it was just a minute, to have her make him understand the reasons why she did what she did. He didn't really have a choice but to leave without her if she didn't cooperate, he had to time travel with or without her.

She was the one he needed most and she left him just as he secretly feared she would. He felt heartbroken, stuck in a state of dolorous, he felt betrayed.

Maybe she really was meant to be a traitor to everyone.

But now he realized that he will never get to hear her play piano just like she promised.

Before tears could even form, that's when he noticed the sound of booms and gunshots and small explosions. But that's also when he realized his siblings weren't with him so he looked up at the sparking blue cloud he came from and called out to them before the cloud vanished in a warp. He turned to the noises and stumbled out to the street, still mentally drained from the devastated impact of losing his beloved one (especially right before he could tell her how he truly felt about her).

The sounds of guns firing and bullets ricocheting heavily filled his ears as he reached the end of the alley, probably looking as pale as a ghost. What he saw shocked him beyond belief. Before him, was a full out war with fire and machine guns. A tank crossed his vision along with a soldier running with a red communist flag.

Planes flew by and the next moment Five ran over to a pile of ruins where the headline of a paper clearly read, "SOVIETS ATTACK U.S." and "JFK DECLARES WAR ON REDS".

Five's eyebrows knit together in panic as he got back to his feet, men shouting in russian in the distance. "No, this can't be right." He mumbled, not remembering that type of war at all, as he walked back a soldier holding a civilian bleeding out. Another soldier noticed Five and yelled out to him to get down.

"What the hell did we do now?" Five asked himself.

A missile was triggered and shot right next to his head, making him jump away from sudden shock. But that's when he saw Vanya floating in the air and ripping apart that same missile, Klaus conjuring up ghosts to attack some soldiers from the other side, Luther jumping onto the ground to protect Klaus from a fired missile, a blue transparent Ben using long monster arms to take down soldiers form a rooftop, Allison using a rumor to explode a few soldiers' heads, and Diego dodging bullets before knifing other soldiers. Diego noticed Five and screamed, "Five! You sick son of a bitch, where the hell have you been?!"

Five was about to run over and help but was stopped by an old man zapping from thin air who he recognized as Hazel. "If you wanna live, come with me." "Hazel. What the hell's going on here?" "There's no time to explain." Hazel pointed up to the sky. "Those are nukes, old-timer."

"What about my family?" Five asked in sudden pressure. "You can't save 'em if you're dead." Five knew he was right so they both gripped hands and were zapped to a sidewalk next to a street.

"Okay... what the hell was that?"
"The end of the world, November 25, 1963."
"'63..." Five looked around and noticed the people walking by dressed very vintage, in a legit way.

He chuckled, having a lot to process since he hasn't gotten a break. "You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust."
"No shit."
"What about my family?"
"Dead, like everyone else."

He glanced away then looked back at Hazel. "What about (Y/n)?" He asked, his voice weakening at the name. Hazel shrugged, "I don't know. The last time I personally saw her was at the clothing store in 2019. I don't know anyone who has seen her recently." Hazel paused as he noticed Five's face falter to sadness. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Five slightly nodded and tried to change the subject, not liking thinking about it too much. "Where am I now?" "Dallas. Same street. Ten days earlier." Hazel walked around to sit on a bench. "Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them." Five followed and sat next to him. "So where do we start?"

"'We'? You're on your own, pal. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes." Five looked over to him. "Is she...?" "Dead?" "Yeah." "Cancer. Took her quick. But we had 20 good years together. I guess forever just wasn't in the cards." Five felt intense empathy. "I'm sorry, Hazel. What about the Commission?" "I quit those assholes, remember? I don't owe 'em the fuzz off my peaches."

Five turned his head to pinpoint three men with white hair staring at him from across the street with a look he knew too well by now, that they wanted to kill him. "Well then, who the hell are those guys?"

Hazel was quick to see the guns so he slipped a small box into Five's pocket and shoved the briefcase in Five's arms. "Run!" Five immediately spacial jumped to beside a car, kneeling down before looking down at the briefcase now covered in bullet holes. "How many times did I say 'bulletproof briefcases'?" He peeked his head over the trunk to see the men walking toward him. He spacial jumped to the rooftop, without the now useless briefcase, before they rained gunfire on him.

When the coast was clear he spacial jumped to the alleyway and walked down it as he adjusted his tie. He looked up and noticed curtains closing and lots of satellites. Liking his chances, he spacial jumped in the building and knocked on the door from the hallway. The door right next to the one he knocked on opened up and a man quickly peeped his head, looking paranoid and on guard. "What do you want?"

"Hi, I'm selling encyclopedias for my youth group. I was curious if-"

The man shut the door in his face.

Five huffed and spacial jumped directly into the room, giving the already anxious a fright with a yelp as he gripped onto his kitchen counter. "How'd you do that?" He said after grabbing a butter knife and pointing it.

"Don't really have time to explain."
"You from the Pentagon? Huh?"
"Definitely not."
"CIA? FBI. KGB?"

Five pointed at the pot of coffee. "Is that fresh?" Then he spacial jumped over to it and began pouring himself a cup, the man still on guard. Five took a sip as he walked into the next room to look around then looked down at the cup. "This Colombian?"

"It's my own blend." The man stated before Five noticed specific ripped newspaper columns hung up on the wall like aliens and UFO's. He turned to the other side of the room to see multiple radios on a table near the window. "You ever heard of Area 51? Roswell?"

The man scoffed and chuckled excitedly, dropping the knife on a drawer with a smile. "Hot damn! Whoo! See, I always knew we weren't the only ones. See, Eleanor thought my head wasn't screwed on tight, but... but it's all true, yeah? UFOs, crop circles..."

"Well, the truth is out there." Five stated with a smile, being superstitious himself due to everything he's seen in his life.

The man walked closer to Five with his arms out. "No, no, no, no, no. The... The truth, it's... right here in front of us. Tell me," Five backed up in defense with a glare, "wh... why is it always an anal probe?"

"Any closer, and I'll melt your brain."

"He needs a little space. Yes. I'll be over here." The man said, backing up with an excited grin.

Five continued his analyses of the room. "All those contraptions on the roof, you built those, right?

The man rubbed his hands together. "Oh, yeah, yeah, sure did. Yeah, I've been tracking anomalies in... in the atmosphere. Just waiting." "Waiting for what?" Five questioned with a squint.

The man motioned to him. "For you. For all of you." The man began explaining the energy surges he's seen in the alleyway in the span of only a few years. Five even saw the photographs of his siblings and the man explained the sightings.

Five turned to the man and started toward him. "Now listen to me..." The man backed up and eventually fell over the couch. "Elliott. Elliott. My name... My name's Elliott." "Whatever, all right?! I got ten days to find them and save the world. Now, I need your help to do that.

"You need... my... You know what? I, uh..." Elliott scrambled in his drawer and pulled out another part of a newspaper. "I always thought that this, uh, mugshot looked like arrival number four." "Diego." Five said as he took it.

"So then, that's helpful?" Elliott asked. "You have no idea." Five zapped himself out of there and Elliott finally got a break to catch his breath until Five zapped right back in, giving him another jump and heart attack.

Five pursed his lips, gripping onto the paper as he looked to the side before looking at the nervous Elliott. "By any chance... have you seen a (H), (S/c), (H/c) girl dressed in (fashion sense) clothing?" Five was pretty sure he already knew the answer to that but he thought it wouldn't hurt to ask even though the chances were slim.

"Um..." Elliott tried to think, even looking over a few photos on his desk before turning back to Five. "I'm afraid not. Why? Is she important? Do we need to find her too?" He asked, trying to be helpful.

Five wished it was that easy. "It doesn't matter... forget I asked." Then Five quickly zapped away with a grouchy attitude like a passive aggressive teenager.

Five was able to visit Diego, Number 2, in the mental institution but it was a lost cause because all he wanted to do was stop bad events that affected the following decades, like Hitler and the death of JFK. He snitched his escape to the guards to keep him grounded and away from potentially starting doomsday.

After some digging, he was then able to find Luther, Number 1, in the nightclub. He wasn't so happy to see him and barely gave him a minute of his time.

"Luther, wait. Look, I get it, okay? I know what it's like to be stuck in time... Thinking this is how you're gonna live out the rest of your life. On the run, and not knowing if you're ever gonna see the people you love again, and to be in an unfamiliar world. But Luther, you're not alone. We have to find the others because the world ends again in ten days. I have no idea how to stop it."

"I don't give a shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Secrets By empathetic_dreamer

Mystery / Thriller

7.8K 390 52
Four estranged friends harboring secrets. What happens when the friends, who hadn't seen each other for five years, were forced to come together and...
274K 5.9K 43
Y/n has always felt like she wasn't loved and wanted, but then she met a boy, they fought, a lot. They threw more than insults at each other. But the...
5.4K 61 16
( sorry for any incorrect spellings ) " you act so innocent yet here you are spilling lies and playing your little game like were just some board pie...
253K 4.4K 38
Read at ur own risk... this is from my imagination and if u don't like smut then don't read. It's going to be a long story. Basically- You ended up...