𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆

By WICKSWHORE

"𝖨𝗇𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀, 𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖳𝗈𝗉. 𝖡𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝗎𝗍𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀, 𝗍𝗈 𝖠𝗅𝗒𝗌𝗌𝖺... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

30

16.6K 792 962
By WICKSWHORE

GQ STUDIO - 10:15 AM - SATURDAY
BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

"Wassam, it's Kaizier Gaulden, middle-weight boxer. And I'm here wit GQ ta answer y'all questions." Kaizier smiled at the camera, holding the cards in his lap.

He began to flip to the first question. "What does getting hit feel like?"

"Uh, it don't feel good, nigga? Oh, shit I'm spose ta curse in dese?" He laughed at the camera. "Fuck it." He threw the question onto the floor.

"We love you and Alyssa together. How did you two meet?" Kaizier read before throwing the question on the ground.

"Ta be honest, everyone knows I was street fighting and shit. I had got jumped by dese big ass niggas cause I beat dey friend, and I was slumped inna alleyway. She's a nurse, so she got off and found me and took me back ta ha place, and stitched me up. And I fell in luh wit ha right after that night, keep it real witchu, slime. Next question."

"Why did you choose to switch from street fighting to boxing?"

Kaizier smiled, looking into the camera. "I got people ta live fa. My guh won't feelin' dat street fighting shit, neither was my brudduh Horace and my mawmaw, so when Micheal gave me da opportunity, I took that bitch."

He threw the card behind him.

"What's some advice you would give to an up-incoming boxer?" Kaizier read off slowly. He clicked his tongue.

"You prolly askin' da wrong nigga, aye, say I'm still a rookie myself, mane." He laughed softly, "But what I can say, is don't let nobody tell you dat you can't do shit, new or not. You ca do whatever da fuck you want cause fuck dese people."

Kaizier made his way to next question. "Awww boaaa!" He laughed loudly, throwing his head back, "Maneee y'all hell, ian readin' dese fed ass questions."

The producers behind the camera laughed softly. Everyone really liked Kaizier's personality. At first, he had came into the studio with a sad and down attitude. He had a dream about his grandmaw, but he cheered up when he reminded himself that she was no longer suffering and in a better place.

"Question say have you eva killed someone in da street fights?" Kaizier laughed softly. He stared at the camera before throwing the card behind him, "Fed ass question. Next."

"It say if you could describe one word of yo boxing career, what would it be?"

Kaizier clicked his tongue, "Uhh, exhaustin'. I'm tired of gettin' beat on, waking ma ass up on training days at 4:30 in the morning and shit. It's drainin' as hell, so yeah." He threw the card.

"Is Alyssa here with you now?"

"Nah," He smiled, shaking his head, "She went out wit ha friends fo a girls day. But, Ia tell ha you said hi."

"What is yo favorite thing about wrestling?"

Kaizier nodded his head. "Good ass question, lil slime. Uh, my favorite thang about boxinnng," he trailed off, tapping his chin a couple of times, "Oh, Ia have ta say da actual fight. I be havin' so much steam ta let out, so yeah."

"What's yo favorite hairstyle on Alyssa?" Kaizier read before kissing his teeth, "Y'all luh my girlfriend more den me is lookin' like. But, I'ma have ta go wit ha natural hair, or blonde lace front and shit. My baby deadass look good in errythang, but dem my favorite on ha."

"How is it having Micheal B Jordan as your coach and mentor?"

Kaizier looked into the camera. "Is like havin' a father with you forreal, mane. That nigga make sure I never want fa nothing, and he just love me like my daddy. It's good doe. I get support as a father, but then I get dat tough nigga shit cause at the end of the day, he still my coach."

"When your going into the ring, what is going through your mind?"

"I gotta win." Kaizier shrugged, "I got family ta feed, and with boxing it ain't no team sport, it's really every nigga fo themselves. Say, it is what it is, but you ain't taking from my plate & I know yeen going down without a fight about yo plate, so I just go in thinking about the people that motivate me and luh me forreal."

He let the card fall down to his feet as he began to read the next one.

"Have you ever got beat us so bad and Alyssa took care of you?"

"Every damn fight," Kaizier chuckled, staring at the camera. "One time I got knocked in my stomach real bad and was pissing out blood and shit and Alyssa took care of me the whole time. Healing process real crazy on the body. She ma lil nurse forreal though."

"Next question say," He looked down at the card, "Did your parents support you when you decided to switch to boxing?"

Kaizier frowned a bit before straitening up. "Uh," he cleared his throat, "My daddy in jail, and Ian seen my mama since I was in middle school, so Ion know. Ian think to ask they ass I guess. My mawmaw ma real mama, and my real daddy is Micheal, but they know dat."

He was fine with being transparent about his life. It wasn't shit nobody could say about him that he wouldn't say about himself.

"When you have a child, would you get them into boxing?"

"Nah," Kaizier shook his head," I want my kids in regular ass sports. Basketball, football, soccer, sum shit like dat. If I'm in da stands watching dey matches, I know Ima get mad as hell watching some other person beat up on ma child. So, nah they good on that."

"How many kids do you want?"

Kaizier licked over his lips, shrugging. "I want three, but dat ain't really up to me, I know who having my babies in da near future, and it's ha body so whatever she feel like ha body can take, that's how many we having. Ian never put no pressure on her to gimme more den 1 baby, if life just seem ta happen like that, Ia damn sure be happy though."

He threw the card behind him and flipped to the next question. "Have you ever thought about a back up career seeing as boxing careers don't usually last long?"

"Yuh," Kaizier smiled widely, "I'm tryna start up a couple businesses and invest my money forreal. I want generational wealth in ma genes, my kids and dey kids, and dey kids, shouldn't want fa nothing."

"Aight two more questions left," Kaizier held the two cards up, "Will you ever hold a meet and greet or something?"

"Ion know," He whispered, "Should I? Ian think I had fans like dat, that would wanna see me forreal. My guh damn near my manager so I would have to get ha hip to it forreal and see where ha head is about dat. Ion make no decisions without ha."

"Last question say, what is something that you were told by a loved one, that will forever be with you, especially in the ring."

Kaizier bit his lip, his mind instantly going to his grandmother. "My mawmaw passed away just last month, and everything she said would stick by me, but when i'm in da ring, ha reminding me to just keep getting up, keep going, sits with me forreal."

The studio got silent as Kaizier stared into the distance before he ducked his head down, clearing his throat.

"Dis was Kaizier Gaulden, Middle-Weight boxer on GQ, sighing out."

"Annnd that's a wrap!" They called and everyone clapped as a dark skin girl made her way towards Kaizier to unhook his mic and everything.

"Sorry about your grandmother, Kaizier." She smiled softly, "My grandmother just died last year, it gets better."

Kaizier sighed, "Preciate you. What she die from?"

"Stroke." The girl shrugged, "She died in the ambulance."

"Damn." Kaizier whispered.

"What about you?"

"My mawmaw had memory decay and stage 4 breast cancer. The cancer was leaving ha body and then they told me it began to reform and shit and it upped from a stage 3 to 4."

The dark skin girl pouted, rubbing Kaizier's back. "It's okay. It gets better, I promise. Things like this will pass, and though the heartache will never go away, it will be a reminder that she was once here with you! And once you have children and stuff, just pass on her great legacy and the good memories you have with her."

Kaizier turned to her, a small smile on his face. "Was yo name?"

"Ramiah."

"Well, thanks fa talking and shit wimme, Ramiah."

He was caught off guard when she hugged him. It seemed to be in a supporting matter as she just rubbed his back and made sure not to press against him closely.

"It'll get better. Just continue to talk with your girlfriend and don't hold anything in."

They hugged tightly, not realizing the many eyes and cameras that were on them.

"How you feeling?" Micheal asked as Kaizier walked into his house.

Kaizier shrugged, "Ion know to be real. I feel...tired." He made his way into the kitchen and sat at the breakfast bar.  He hadn't been over here since his second fight, due to Micheal allowing him to stay with Alyssa, knowing he needed some time to grieve.

"You just coming back from your interview?" Micheal opened the fridge and grabbed some sweet tea. He poured some into a glass before sliding it to Kaizier who gave a sad smile and took a sip.

"Yuh," He sat the glass down, "They was askin' hella fed questions."

Micheal snorted, leaning against the counter with his arms folded over his chest. "How's Alyssa?"

"She good. Speaking of, I already spoke to Horace but, our one year anniversary, I'm thinkin' bout proposing, mane. A baby ca wait forreal, but I know I wanna spend my life wit ha forreal."

"Damn," Micheal was taken back, "You don't wanna wait and think this through? You still young Kaizier, marriage is a big responsibility man."

Kaizier nodded. "I know, and I'm ready fa it. Everythang Alyssa come wit I'm ready fo. Everything I come wit, I already know how she feeling. Say, I need you to come with me and Horace, cause I'm spose to be picking out a ring in two months. I'm bringing India wit me fo a women's opinion."

"Why don't you just focus on getting over your grandmother's death first, Kaizier? You doing too much at once, son. Slow down."

"What?" Kaizier scrunched his face up, "Whether my grandmaw was hea or not, I was still planning on proposing, bruh. Say, you'on want me ta get married or sum shit?"

"You sound dumb," Micheal straight-faced, "Of course I want you to get married, man. I'd be the happiest father ever, I'm just looking out for you, Kai. You tryna juggle so much shit at once, you need to slow down for you crash and burn."

Kaizier just waved him off, rolling his eyes and taking another sip of his drink. "So you coming or not, Micheal?"

Micheal sighed, running his hand down his face. "Yeah, I'll be there. Your training starts again next week, you ready?"

"Mhm." Kaizier spun the liquid around in his glass, "Whens my next fight?"

"I don't know, kid." Micheal lied, "You know I can't disclose that information, just be ready for when I tell you. You got about five more fights before we can get you a fight for the middleweight champion. Focus on winning those, and then we can figure whatever else out."

Kaizier nodded his head, furrowing his eyebrows when his phone began to ring off the hook in his pocket. He pulled it out, seeing hundreds of notifications from Instagram and Twitter. He clicked on the dm from a fan to see they had sent them 'theshaderooms' latest post.

"The fuck?" He mumbled to himself, his eyes slightly widening as he was seen hugging Ramiah, both of their eyes closed in a tight embrace.

"Mane, fuck!" Kaizier read over the caption, quickly closing out the app before moving to Alyssa's contact.

"What's going on?" Micheal asked, watching as Kaizier bit his bottom lip, pulling the phone away when the person didn't answer.

Kaizier tried to dial her number once again, but it went to voicemail. "Manee these bitch ass blogs always turnin' shit to nothing bruh." He mumbled angrily, passing the phone to Micheal so he could see.

Micheal read over what was going on before looking up at Kaizier. "Y'all do look close as fuck, why was y'all hugging like that?"

"Mane," Kaizier took a deep breath, "She was comforting me about my grandmaw, man. Her grandmaw died from a stroke last year and she was just tellin' me it gets better and shit like dat. She hugged me so I hugged ha back. Ian think nobody was finna sit up hea and try to flip it and shit."

"Kaizier, you in the public eye now. The blogs are always gonna do shit like this, so get used to it. What I am gonna say, is whether she was comforting you or not, you should have never let her get that close. A nice little high five or side hug woulda been fine, but y'all full-on embracing each other and shit. It looks bad fa you, son."

He passed the phone back to Kaizier, who bit his lip, taking it softly. When he got another Instagram notification, he clicked on it to see it was the girl Ramiah that was going live. The fans had sent it to him, so he clicked on it, her face appearing on the screen.

"I fucking hate social media for this fucking reason." Ramiah looked to be in her car, stressed as hell. "Me and that man have nothing going on. I follow his girlfriend and I love and respect their relationship. We were just talking about personal issues, and he looked as if he needed a hug! That was it. Theshaderoom makes nothing into everything, every fucking time, and y'all eat that shit up cause y'all don't have shit better to do than sit y'all fat asses on the couch, dig ina bag of chips, and scroll through that outdated ass iPhone."

"Mm, I see you like feisty women." Micheal joked, Kaizier looking up at him slowly. Micheal quickly cleared his throat. "My fault."

"Add me on here." Kaizier typed in the section.

He watched as she paused, picking her phone up before nodding. She clicked a couple of buttons and then the screen got cut off and Kaizier was in the bottom half.

"Wassam, Ramiah." He greeted softly.

"Hi, Kaizier." Ramiah said irritably. "Are you seeing this shit? Are you and Alyssa okay?"

Kaizier gulped, but played it off, nodding his head. "Yuh, we straight. She know what the fuck going on, I would neva in my life cheat on my wife, and she know dat shit. These bitch ass blogs don't got shit goin' on and luh to assume some shit from a fucking picture."

"On everything!" Ramiah shook her head, "Whole time, I'm a lesbian so what the fuck am I gonna do with you, Kaizier? Explain that to me."

Kaizier laughed softly, "Guh, shut the fuck up. How you feeling bruh? I know da spotlight can be...uneasy."

"I'm fine," She sighed, "I'm more focused on how this can affect your relationship. My girlfriend already knows what's going on." He watched as Ramiah turned the camera to a tatted-up Latina girl that was smoking.

"Wassup," The Latina girl nodded. "Big fan."

"Preciate you." Kaizier smiled softly. "Look, Miah, me and Alyssa good, aight? Ima catch you later, guh. Stay safe."

He got off Instagram before grabbing the keys to the rental he was using since his car wasn't here yet. "I gotta go, pops. Ima catch you aight?"

They both dapped one another up before hugging and Micheal followed Kaizier out who was making his way to the rental car. "Tell me how it goes, youngblood. Make sure you clear that shit up."

"I will, bruh."

Kaizier got into the car, closing the door. He got another notification from Instagram, this time, a post notification from Alyssa.

"She ca post but can't answer the fucking phone, bruh?"

He clicked on the notification, kissing his teeth. "Hea she go, postin' haself and shit." He slid clicked the three little dots in the corner, reporting her pictures before making his way to her profile and reporting her whole account for Innaporiateness.

"Dumb bitch." He mumbled to himself, although he didn't actually feel like that about her.

Throwing his phone into the cupholder, he threw the car in reverse before backing out of Micheals' driveway and making his way home.

It took about twenty minutes, with the way he was speeding, until he was unlocking the door and walking into their house. He closed it and locked it, making his way up the steps and into their bedroom.

"Say, you ain't see me calling you?" He asked, opening the door and seeing Alyssa on the floor, city girls playing as her makeup was all around her.

He watched as she opened up an eyeshadow pallet and began to put it on her lids. She was naked and Jhene Aiko blasted from her TV. Kaizier looked at her outfit on the bed, scrunching face up.

"Where you going?"

Alyssa continued to ignore him, humming the music as she put some color in her crease.

"I like yo hair," Kaizier tried to compliment. She had changed it from blonde to black, wavy hair, and it looked good on her. Anything looked good on her really.

"Thanks." Alyssa curtly said.

Kaizier ran a hand down his face. He came behind her, bending down so they were eye level in the mirror. He moved to kiss her naked shoulder, but she moved out the way, Kaizier scrunching his face up. "You bein' fucking childish. You know I would neva cheat on yo' ass, bae. It was a fucking hug, and da media ran with that bitch ass shit and turned it into something else. Ha grandmaw died a year ago from a stroke and she was just explaining that the shit gets better and stuff."

"Okay, Kaizier."

He frowned once she said his whole name. He bit his lip, moving to sit on the edge of her bed. His leg began to move up and down as he grew frustrated with her. "You doin' too much, mane. Fuck is you still ignoring me for when I just told you what the fuck happened?"

Alyssa ignored him, grabbing the remote and turning it up higher. She was honestly just mad because why were they hugging in the first place? If the roles were reversed, Kaizier would want her to one, confide in him, and two, she wouldn't even be close enough to hug another nigga in the first place.

She was jealous, mostly. But she felt disrespected. The picture kept fucking with her. Kaizier's hands were around the girl's waist, his eyes closed and his head tucked in her neck. The girl was standing on her tiptoes, her arms around his neck and her eyes closed as well.

"Baby," Kaizier whispered, "It was a hug, ma. It won't nothing more than that. Can you please talk to me, bruh?"

Alyssa put the final touches on her makeup before standing up. He could tell she just got out of the shower, and she was wearing his favorite scent too, Strawberry Cheesecake. She made her way towards him, Kaizier smiling thinking she was about to talk to him.

"You sittin' on my clothes, Kaizier."

Kaizier frowned, his lip curling up. "Mane, is you fucking serious? Fuck dem clothes, Alyssa. You ain't going nowhere, any fucking ways. Not till we talk, bruh."

"Fine, I'll just pick something else out." Alyssa mumbled to herself, turning around and making her way into the walk-in closet. Kaizier followed her, angry as hell, and frustrated with her for not hearing him out and just ignoring him.

He already lost his grandmother and it felt like he was about to lose Alyssa too.

"Baby, please fucking talk to me, bruh. Say, it was a fucking hug, ma! You trippin, and won't even let me explain myself or nunadat."

She slammed the door in his face, causing him to slightly jump back, gritting his teeth together. He could hear shuffling in the closet.

"Alyssa, open this fucking door fo I break this bitch off tha hinges bruh. You gettin' me tight, on everything I love you is. Aye, say, Ian did shit wit dat guh and you ignoring me and shit and not talking ta me showing me how you really finna carry our problems in da future!" He banged on the door, twisting the doorknob.

"You see one lil ass picture and now you jumpin ta conclusions and shit! I thought we was betta den dat!"

"Kaizier, get away from my door, please." Alyssa called out softly, "You're really blowing me, bruh."

"Bruh?!" Kaizier scrunched his face up, "Mannneee, get the fuck out dis doe before I drag you the fuck out maself. You playin na!"

The door opened and Alyssa came out fully dressed in a black and blue outfit. He backed up, his face tight and twisted up.

"Why was y'all that close in the first place, Kaizier? If it was me and you seen me hugging up on a nigga like that all over the media, you'd be hot as fuck, so I suggest you put yourself in my shoes. Your hands were damn near touching her ass. And you expect me not to feel a way and jump to conclusions?" Alyssa mugged him, pushing him out her way as she moved back into her bedroom, Kaizier hot on her trail.

Kaizier's fists curled at his sides. "How many times I gotta tell you it was just a hug, Alyssa? Huh? A fucking hug cause she was comforting me!"

"I comfort you!" Alyssa screamed, Kaizier shutting his mouth. "Me, not another girl. That's what the fuck I'm here for, Kaizier. Fine, she was comforting you, but the hug was too fucking much. Do you not see how fucking close y'all are?"

Kaizier frowned, watching as Alyssa angrily threw her stuff into her purse. His shoulders dropped when he heard her sniffle and frustratedly wipe under her eyes, trying not to mess up her freshly done makeup.

"You don't fucking get it, Kaizier. It's the principle of it all. I look stupid as fuck on this fucking dumb ass up. Got people telling me you prolly fucking around on me and shit. That's not even what I'm upset about. I'm upset at the fact that you're not putting yourself in my shoes. Had it been a picture of a nigga with his face tucked in my neck and his hands damn near on my ass, you would have been hot, right?"

"Yeah," Kaizier whispered softly. "But, it wasn't anything like that, baby. On my grandmaw, it won't. She was just talkin' bout ha grandmaw and I-I just needed to hear someone say it was gon be okay."

Alyssa gave a dry laugh, shaking her head. "Look, I just think we need a little bit of space until we both cool off before I say things I don't mean, okay? I'm just going out with Dream and Ari, and I'll be back in the morning."

"Alyssa, please," He turned her around, holding her face in his hands softly. "I'm sorry aight? My hand placement was weird as fuck, and we shoulda never been dat close. Ian mean to make it seem like it was more den what it was."

"I know, Kaizier." Alyssa moved her hands away from his face, "I just need space, okay? I love you." She whispered, kissing the corner of his mouth.

He watched as she grabbed her spinnanight bag before making her way out of their bedroom, shutting the door softly.

hi.

there won't be cheating in this book by the way, this is the only instance that they get into it over another women, or whatever the case may be.

Q AND A

- do you think alyssa is overreacting?

- would you get mad at something like this?

- kaizier is going to propose on their 1yr anniversay, do you think its too soon?

I LOVE YOU
boujeereapin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 242 9
𝐀𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐑.. -𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐟�...
43.3K 1.3K 18
@𝟰𝟰𝟰𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀𝗹𝘃𝗿 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 <𝟯 | 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹
97.5K 4.8K 42
Will being in a one sided relationship lead kentrell to someone who will truly be all in?
1M 21.8K 57
Crystal is a 17 year old girl who lives with her mom who is addicted to drugs and abuses her for being a stripper trying to make money so she could s...