Fight For You | Eren X Reader

By hanjismommy

You transfer to Shiganshina Military School, where you run into Eren Yeager, a troublesome teenaged boy motiv... More

01 | Shiganshina High
02 | Training
03 | Training (Eren's POV)
04 | Weak
05 | Iniquity (Eren's POV)
06 | Apologetic
07 | ODMG Training
09 | Team Battle (Eren's POV)
10 | I Hate You
11 | Indecisive
12 | Partners and Projects
13 | Astrayed
14 | Fate
15 | Kickback
16 | Kickback (Eren's pov)
17 | Sunset
18 | Peregrinating Paris (part 1)
19 | Peregrinating Paris (part 2)
20 | Empty
21 | Over the Edge
22! | Vulnerable
23 | Phone Calls
24 | Rumors
25 | Confrontation
26 | Always You
27 | Waiting Room
28 | Without You
29 | Amends
Author's Note/ HeadCannons

08 | Levi's Banquet

704 23 50
By hanjismommy

Content warnings; foul language

After school and another tiring day of training with the neat freak, I decided to head over to Historia's place. She had given me her address via text and it seemed to be within walking distance as well. Not like I had a car anyway, my dad took it when he left.

I walked down the street and finally ended up at her place. It was no surprise that her house was relatively huge. I knocked on the door and she answered quickly, as if she were waiting right by the door.

She was even more beautiful when she wasn't in her uniform. She wore a beautiful white night gown and her hair was in a neat braid.

"(Y/N)! Glad you came!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me inside and to her room. Her room was beautiful and filled with all kinds of pastel colors. She had an antique queen sized bed, which literally looked like a throne— not to mention her closet was probably the size of my room.

"Eager, aren't you?" I asked, laughing.

"Very!" She shouted.

"Your house and room is beautiful." I complimented.

"Aw, thank you bestie." She blushed.

Besties already!? I'm loving it here.

She plopped down on her bed, "So, before we get started, I just wanna chat with you about some things." She smiled at me.

I sat down on her bed next to her. It was soooo soft.

"What things?" I asked her, engrossed.

"Do you like Jean?" She asked, vivaciously.

"No, not at all." I answered, confused.

"Hmm, okay. And what about Eren, do you like him?" She asked, observing me.

She's throwing these questions at me like a fast ball.

"No! Of course not, he's such an asshole to me and he's rude and a jerk and I don't even know why I even bothered talking to the boy! I even tried helping him at practice and he just..."

"Bingo!" She said interrupting me, smiling.

"Huh?" I stopped my rambling, giving her a muddled look.

"When I asked you if you liked Jean, your response was calm, but when I asked you if you liked Eren, you raised your voice and your cheeks turned slightly pink." She stared at me.

"...And not to mention your tediously lengthy speech about how you don't like him.." She rolled her eyes, playfully.

"That doesn't mean anything!" I shyly stated.

"I've been seeing the way you look at him. At lunch you stare at him and in the classroom when I was trying to get your attention—you were too busy watching him." She smiled.

I sighed.

"Do you like him? Spill the beans." She poked me.

"There's really no beans to spill at all, but to be honest, I don't even know. He's always so mean to me." I admitted.

Everything is confusing, especially him. He apologized to me once and then turned into an asshole again.

"He's always like that. He tends to push everyone away at times. Even Armin and Mikasa, but aside from all of that, if you do realize you like him, I'll help you out." She winked at me.

"Do you know why he does?" I felt myself asking, although it's really none of my business.

As if I should care anyway..

"No, I don't even think his two closest friends know why. I think they just know the outline of the situation." She answered, shrugging.

"Oh..." I said. I didn't know what to say, I really just wanted to know what that kid's deal was.

"It could be something personal that he seems to take out on everyone else. That's why we're distant from them and that's why Jean doesn't really like Eren." She told me.

After that awkward interrogation on whether I liked Eren or Jean, we decided to get ready for Levi's banquet. I was nervous, not only because I'm going to be wearing a dress for the first time in years, but also because teams are going to be announced.

You have nothing to worry about, why would Levi pick you anyway?

"Do you want something that stands out or something plain and simple?" She questioned me, smiling.

"Something simple, I guess." I shrugged.

I don't wanna stand out even more than I already do.

"How about—this!" She pulled out a black, strapless, tight-fitting dress that would show my figure really well. It also had some cleavage exposure.

"I like that, actually." I smiled.

"I've got some red bottom heels that'll go with it perfectly." She squealed.

I bit my lip, "Uh, You're smaller than me—are you sure I can fit that?" I asked, half-smiling.

She chuckled, "Of course, I knew that. However, this isn't my dress—it's Frieda's. She gave me some of her clothes, hoping that I'd grow into them, but as you can see, that's not happening." She responded.

"Good to know then." I beamed.

For some reason, getting ready with Historia reminded me of the times I'd play dress up with my mom and it made me extremely happy. Historia was so sweet, fun, and entertaining and I would love to do this again with her.

"What are you going to wear?" I asked, nosily.

"A pink and sparkly dress. I'm saving my good one for the annual spring dance." She smiled, twirling around.

A dance? I wanted to know what she was talking about, but I didn't wanna ask.

We had both changed into our dresses and did our makeup. I had absolutely no idea what to do with my hair, so I asked Historia and she told me to put it in a low, but stylish messy bun.

I actually felt pretty for once. I haven't had serious girl time like this with anyone; it was fun, let me tell you.

"That'll get Eren's attention for sure, you're beautiful." She said jokingly, kissing my cheek right after.

"Not like I need his attention anyway." I awkwardly laughed and blushed profusely.

She laughed, "We'll see about that." She teased me.

What does she mean by that?

"But anyway, look at you! You look stunning." I complimented her.

"Aw, thank you." She twirled around. Her dress suited her perfectly. She wore her hair down, but she had curled it and her makeup was absolutely flawless.

We walked to campus and headed to the mess hall, also known as the same place we eat lunch at. It was nicely decorated and not to mention— it smelled sooo good.

"We'll eat when everyone gets here." Levi said to us, as we walked further in. I don't mean to say this about the captain, but he looked hot— He wore a brown suit and his hair was slicked back, and of course, he had a handkerchief with him. Typical Levi.

I nodded.

I spotted Connie, Jean, Sasha, Hanji and Ymir standing in the corner, so I grabbed Historia's arm and walked towards them.

"Oh my goodness, you two look like angels!" Sasha, smiled happily.

I noticed Sasha didn't care enough to dress up. My guess is she's only here for the food, which I don't blame her. It smells amazing.

"(Y/N) and Historia! Beautiful girls, bring it in." Hanji cheered, ran up to us and pulled us into her chest, hugging us tightly.

She looked great too, although she didn't wear a dress, she wore a nice slim suit and she wore her hair down. It was my first time seeing her with her hair down and she looked handsome, beautiful, all of the above.

"Historia, marry me!" Ymir pulled her away from Hanji and held her close to her waist. Historia leaned into Ymir's chest.

"You look pretty—No, beautiful actually." Jean complimented, blushing harder than ever, as he approached me.

"Thank you. You clean up nice Jean, love the hair." I winked. He had his hair slicked back and it actually suited his look.

"Hey, hey, hey! What about me?" Connie asked, intruding our conversation.

"Can't forget you either, Connie! You look amazing." I smiled at him.

"You do too!" He smiled.

"Hey, I want a compliment too!" Sasha whined.

"You didn't dress up, you idiot." Jean shook his head.

"Why would I dress up if it's going to get messy?" She frowned.

"It's only going to get messy because you eat like a damn animal." Connie said, rolling his eyes.

"If you're jealous you can't eat like me, I understand." She said, pouting.

I laughed because she was definitely serious. If we had an eating competition, she'd definitely come out victorious. I noticed that Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner walked in.

"I'm starving, Captain!" Reiner yelled.

"Can you lower your voice?" Bertholdt nervously chuckled.

"Hey guys!" Connie shouted, waving.

"Oi! Connie!" Reiner yelled back, as the three of them walked up to us.

"All of you look amazing, I must admit. Especially you Historia." Reiner smiled.

He looked completely flustered, when he was speaking to Historia. Ymir growled and rolled her eyes.

"Too bad she's marrying me, perv." Her grip around Historia, tightened.

Annie looked beautiful as well, she wore a white dress and her hair was in a bun.

"Looking good lady and gents." Hanji complimented.

"I agree." I commented.

"Thank you, you both look great as well." Annie softly stated.

Next to walk in was Mikasa, Armin and Eren. They all looked amazing, especially Mikasa. I wasn't expecting her to show up in a dress, but she did and when she did, she totally owned it.

They had walked over to us.

"Mikasa, you look beautiful." I told her, admiring her. I tried forgetting that whole punching situation, I guess it wasn't like me to hold grudges.

She blushed, "You do as well, (Y/N)." She half-smiled.

"Hey, (Y/N). I'm sorry I didn't get to properly introduce myself, but you look great as always!" Armin nervously smiled.

"Thank you, Armin." I smiled.

I then looked at Eren, he wore a traditional black and white suit, but he pulled it off. His hair was the same as always, but it fit his look.

"You look good, Eren." I complimented, hesitantly.

"I suppose you do too." He said, in a slight aggravated tone.

He's so mean for no reason, but I don't blame him. It was weird for us to compliment each other, after constantly being rude to each other.

"You all can eat now, food just got done being plated on the tables. I've got one rule; you mess it up, you clean it up. If it's not clean, no one is going home until it is." Levi said, giving us a small lecture.

We all exhaled and looked at Sasha.

"I'll be cleaner, but no promises!" She shouted and ran to the tables.

"Let's eat! YEAH!!" Sasha was of course, the first to sit down and start chomping away at everything.

The rest of us had sat down after her. I sat in between Jean and Connie and it was awkward because Eren sat directly across from me, in between Mikasa and Armin.

Levi of course, sat on the end.

We all began eating some of the food. There was lobster, steak, pasta, salad, potatoes and so much more. I'd hate to admit it, this is the best food I've had in a while—So much better than that repetitive bread and soup we've been eating for lunch. And it was soooo much better than the food I'd been eating at home.

I had some steak and roasted potatoes.

"Captain? Did you cook all of this for us?" Armin asked, stuffing his face. He looked adorable!

"Tch. No, my personal chef Niccolo did." He pointed the direction of the kitchen and Niccolo waved at all of us.

He then walked over to us, throwing a towel over his shoulder. He placed his hand on Levi, proudly.

"Don't touch me with that towel or your filthy hands." He ordered, in his deep monotone voice.

"S-sorry Captain!" He shrieked, causing some of us to laugh.

Niccolo was cute, he had wavy blonde hair and brown eyes, with a golden tint to them. I wondered if he was around our age. He'd be the perfect date for Sasha!

"Oh! Niccolo, you're a food genius!" Sasha shouted, sobbing. She had about three plates already, before I could even finish one.

"Th-thank you." He blushed, eyeing Sasha, as she shoved a whole lobster tail in her mouth.

"Quit crying dumbass, before you get your salty tears all over the food!" Connie scolded her.

"Shut up dummy!" She shouted, food particles flying out of her mouth.

"Ewww!" Connie shrieked. I laughed to myself, those two are definitely meant to be friends!

I stared at Eren for a minute.

He's extremely quiet, not to mention he's barely eating anything.

"Are you enjoying your food?" Jean asked, breaking my trance.

"Oh yeah...haven't had food like this in a long time." I said, chomping away on my potatoes.

"I can tell, you demolished your steak. You're a Sasha clone." He bantered.

"Huh!" Sasha said, looking up at us, as she heard her name being mentioned.

I looked over at her, "I wish I could eat that much, food is life." I smiled.

"See! She gets it! Food makes the world go round, food is what keeps us alive!" She shouted and then started licking her plate.

"Sasha, have some manners!" Connie yelled at her.

I saw Armin and Mikasa chuckling, but Eren didn't really look up from the table. He did manage to eat the majority of his food, after a few minutes or so. I thought about what Historia said back at her place.

"It could be something personal that he seems to take out on everyone else."

"All of you shut up, It's time to announce the teams. There are thirteen of you, however, only eight of you are competing this go around." Levi yelled, getting all of our attention.

"Excuse me Captain, why just eight?" Historia asked, politely.

"Because I wanted it that way." He answered, sheepishly.

"Team one will be Jean, Annie, Connie and Hanji." He announced.

"Team two will be Reiner, Armin, (Y/N), and Mikasa." He continued, fixing his handkerchief.

What! You're kidding me! Why the hell am I fighting?! I am NOT mentally prepared for this.

"What?! How come I'm not fighting?" Eren asked rudely, finally looking up from the table.

"Oh, I don't know brat, maybe because you still don't know how to use the damn ODM gear. Which is what you'll be learning, while they fight." Levi said, shooting him a daggering glare.

"Calm down, Eren." Mikasa stated, in her usual monotone voice.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" He loudly whispered at her.

"(Y/N) took your place this go around." Levi clarified.

"Why the hell does she get to do everything, she had just gotten here! I've worked hard for this and she's done— she's done nothing, but get in the way of everything!" Eren voiced, standing up.

I gasped.

"Shut up, Eren! She deserves to fight like everyone else." Jean said, standing up for me.

"Go neigh somewhere else, you annoying fuck!" Eren yelled at Jean.

"And (Y/N), everything was fine, until you showed up. You were never needed here." He yelled at me.

"How can you say that?" I blurted out.

"How can you just come here and fuck things up for me even more?" He retorted.

"I didn't do anything to you!" I disputed.

"You getting in my way is doing something and taking opportunities away from me, is also doing something!" He argued back.

I don't get it! What am I taking away from him!

"What the hell, Eren!" Jean shouted.

"And Jean, just because you got rejected doesn't mean you need to go for every new girl that comes here." He said, eyeing Jean.

"Don't talk to him like that." I said, frowning at him.

"Oh shut up, what do you know? You're just an insignificant girl." He said, looking at me with hatred in his eyes.

"Watch your damn mouth! I don't care what you say or do anymore. You can continue to act like shit and push us away all you want, but don't bring her into this mess!" Jean said, standing up. It was definitely clear that these two might just go at it.

"She brought herself into it by coming here." Eren stated before storming off.

Everyone was shocked—even Levi. The table was awkwardly silent and soon after, everyone's gaze soon focused on me, as they noticed I was on the verge of crying. Historia, Sasha and Hanji came over to hug me.

Is this what it felt like to have an enemy? Are they always this mean and harsh for no reason at all?

"Don't worry about him (Y/N), I'll deal with him later. Anyway Ymir, Historia, and Bertholdt you will be cleaning, while they battle." Levi continued, quickly disregarding what just happened.

"Please. Please just ignore everything he said. You are needed here and we all really like you." Jean said trying to comfort me, but I ignored him.

Mikasa was about to follow Eren outside, until Armin held her back. That's when I decided to follow Eren and try to talk to him myself, even though I knew this is destined to be a mistake. He was leaning against the wall.

"The hell do you want?" He asked, piqued.

"Eren, why do you blame me for everything?" I asked, in a slightly hurt tone.

"Because you ruined my chance of fighting. I just don't get how you can just come here and take everything that I've worked hard for—away." He sighed in distraught.

"I'm sorry. I never intended to ruin anything for you nor did I intend to take anything away from you, but if you resent me for that—I understand." I apologized.

"You don't understand, you and I aren't the same." He replied, cold-heartedly.

"I never said we were." I said, confused.

"Quit acting like you understand me then. I despise you, people just like you." He said, staring out into the vast darkness.

"People like me? What have I done to you?" I asked.

"You shouldn't have come here, go back to your Maple High School." He said, emotionlessly.

"Fuck you, Eren." I felt myself say, he needed to hear that anyway.

I walked away because my feelings were way too hurt.

I feel moderately bad for him, if I'm getting in the way. I don't mean to after all, but he doesn't need to be so damn harsh.

Whatever, he doesn't deserve any sympathy of mine acting like that.

I was about to walk back inside, until I noticed Armin and Mikasa standing in front of the entrance.

Please don't tell me she's going to hit me again.

She exhaled, "I'm not going to hit you, (Y/N). You don't have to look at me like that. I just wanted to know if you've talked to Eren by any chance?" She asked.

"Yeah, briefly..." I exhaled.

"What did he say?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Well, to sum it all up, I pretty much ruined everything for him and that he despises me." I replied, looking down.

She frowned, "That idiot." She muttered underneath her breath.

"Huh?" I asked.

"(Y/N), Eren's just trying to find a reason to hate you because it's a possibility that he has interest in you." Armin elaborated softly, staring at me with his blue eyes.

There's no way in hell that's true.

"I don't think that's the case here. If he liked me, he wouldn't have said all of those hurtful things." I denied.

"Hear me out, Mikasa and I have noticed the way he blushes around you and not to mention the fact that he always looks at you. He does it a lot when you're in the classroom or around Jean." He continued to say.

"When he looks at you, I've noticed his pupils dilate as well. It happened at the lunch table your first day here." Mikasa explained.

I noticed that his pupils dilated too, when he came to my front door to apologize. But could that even be true? Doubtful.

"In other words, he's channeling his inner feelings. He's trying to convince himself that he hates you, when maybe there's a gut feeling of his that knows he doesn't." Armin explained.

"Eren always hides his true feelings, whatever the situation may be. I know for a fact he doesn't hate you, so don't feel bad. Alright?" Mikasa stated, as she surprisingly hugged me.

"Thanks you guys, that does make me feel a tad better." I said, hugging her back. I felt incredibly relieved.

"He's been a ticking time bomb ever since..."Armin then stopped himself from speaking, after I noticed Mikasa made a gesture, telling him not to continue.

Mikasa and Armin walked inside with me to give Eren some alone time, but what they said really stuck with me all the way until I got home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 91 6
As an Regularly Normal College Student, Levi is only studying just to get an Random f*cking Job. His life seems pretty normal... Until an New College...
70.9K 1.4K 20
Levi and Eren has been classmates ever since fifth grade. In their third year in high school, Levi and Eren gets paired up with each other for a proj...
7.4K 201 51
Y/n was born in the underground city. Y/n was the daughter of a very well known theif. Y/n at 9 years old,and her father,along with her aunt and uncl...
94.2K 2.5K 20
Eren Yeager had lost his memories after the fall from his malfunctioning 3DMG. He had been over stressed due to all the pressure the Survey Corps had...