Phantasm Deliverance

By Darkpetal16

Ainz Ooal Gown had forty-two members in its prime, but when the end finally arrived, only two remained. Full... More

A New Life
Character Sheet
A New Life II
A New Life IV
Divergence I
Divergence II
Divergence III
Divergence IV
Divergence V
Divergence VI
Divergence VII

A New Life III

1.4K 93 60
By Darkpetal16

Lumière and Momonga had donned masks before heading into the village. Although Lumière could deactivate her halo on command (which she normally kept off because it was blindingly bright and really only useful in raids for the passive), there wasn't much she could do to hide her wings. She had a long white cloak in her inventory which she pulled out but it offered little use outside of disguise since its stats were small.

Before they left, Momonga had casually tossed a throw-away gatcha item that could summon some Goblins to protect the girls from any other knights. Lumière wanted to summon an acolyte for them, but she refrained per Momonga's insistence not to waste her spells.

Momonga tilted his head. "The Death Knight has nearly slaughtered all of them."

Lumière sensed some displeasure in his tone and hesitantly asked, "Is that not a good thing?"

"It is good our enemy is weak, but..." Momonga tapped on his mask thoughtfully. "It would be harder to find their masters if they are dead, no?"

Lumière nodded in understanding.

"I'm going to fly ahead. Jack, with me. Albedo, stay with Lumière."

Both bowed.

"[Fly]" intoned Jack and Momonga. The two took to the skies.

Albedo and Lumière could fly as well, but Jack and Momonga had teleportation abilities that could guarantee their capability to flee. Lumière's wings nervously fluttered behind her.

"Please be at ease, our dear angel, for Lord Momonga is powerful. No enemy could harm him," Albedo soothed.

Lumière smiled at the succubus. "Thank you, Albedo. You're always so kind."

Albedo's raven black wings flapped happily. "How could I not be to our treasured lady or to the man I love most?"

Man she loves most...?

Lumière did not recall there being any mentions of romance in her biography. Actually, she thought she remembered Tabula specifically writing her last line as "slutty bitch" because he thought that'd aptly suit a succubus.

Perhaps she was misremembering. Or maybe Albedo has already fallen in love with Momonga since they came to the new world.

Lumière tried to picture the two together. Momonga had only had a couple of girlfriends in real life. Only one of them he spoke positively about and described her in a wistful way. They had been together through college, but when she got offered her dream job out of the country Momonga hadn't wanted to follow her. They ended things amicably and returned to being just friends. Momonga hadn't dated anyone since—and that was well over a decade ago.

Even when he joined in RP sessions he never started a romance or even jokingly seduced anyone.

Thinking back, Lumière tried to remember if he ever volunteered his preferences. He would answer honestly if directly asked, and give out relationship advice if begged, but he was never the type to bring it up. If the topic got too raunchy, he'd either defean or try to change the subject.

If he were a character in a dating sim, he'd probably be the helpful guide who did not have a route because he was wholly uninterested.

Or he'd be the hidden character that required a lot of hidden achievements before even becoming available.

The thought of her friend as a character in a romance game made her giggle.

⁽ˇ́˙̫ˇ̀˵⁾

Momonga sent a message to Lumière to bring the girls. He had chased off the final knights and soothed some of the villagers. He mentioned that the villagers were naturally wary of him—unlike NPCs from YGGDRASIL—and he would need Lumière to put them at ease with her [Hope] passive. He wanted her to try to obtain information about the world.

After retrieving the two girls, Lumière and Albedo met up with Momonga and Jack in the village at the largest house in town.

The Village Chief had a house near the village square. Upon entering, one would be greeted by a large living room, with a kitchen off to one side. A rickety old table and several chairs occupied the center of the room.

As soon as the humans felt Lumière's passive, plain relief and tentative hope filled their gazes. Their eyes were glued to the angel whose face was hidden behind a crystal mask.

Lumière entered the house with Momonga.

"Good day," Lumière said, her voice coming out soft and gentle like someone brushing their ears with a feather. The humans shivered at the inhuman sensation, but their hearts continued to swell with hope as they gazed upon her.

"G-Good day," stumbled the Village Chief. "Th-Thank you very much. Without your aid, we would all be dead. You have our deepest thanks."

The Village Chief and his wife bowed so low they might as well have prostrated themselves.

Lumière's wings quivered from discomfort. She and Momonga were still unused to having people bow to them, and seeing humans she perceived as elderly did so perturbed her. She resisted the urge to look at Momonga and defer the rest of the conversation to him.

Her passive made her ideal to charm the frightened villages. If they were intimidated by Momonga because of how easily his Death Knight dispatched their enemies, then Lumière ought to soothe them.

Lumière tried to keep her voice as warm and amicable as possible. "It is common sense to help those in need when you are able to, no?"

"You speak the words of a saintess," the Village Chief demurred.

Lumière placed a hand over her heart. "I am the High Priestess of the Silverlight faction. Helping those in need is one of our creeds."

"Forgive us, High Priestess, f-for we have not heard of that religion," the man stumbled over his words.

Religion? It's a faction, not a religion—Wait, they don't know about it?

All NPCs in YGGDRASIL recognized all factions, regardless of their geographical location. The fact that the villager did not—

We're definitely not in YGGDRASIL, and... it looks like the Silverlight faction does not exist.

That was... troubling. On a number of levels.

In YGGDRASIL there were over a hundred different factions.

Factions were groups formed based on beliefs. A player could only join one faction, but they could raise their reputation with any of them. Many of the factions had prerequisites that limited a player's ability to join—for example, there were numerous paladin factions although they ranged in karmic value and beliefs. At a high enough reputation with that faction the player could purchase unique items from that faction's vendor. However, if a player joined the faction they could rise through the ranks and obtain specific rewards. The rewards ranged from permanent buffs, re-worked passives, mounts, titles, an extra ability, and so on.

Momonga, a collector by nature, had refrained from joining any faction and instead grinded reputation with as many as he could find. He had managed to reach max reputation with over fifty factions before the game was scheduled to shut down.

Lumière had joined a faction.

Specifically, the Silverlight faction.

The Silverlight faction had one prerequisite—the player must have the most points in a healer class. Ergo someone who was mostly a warrior with one or two healer talents could not join the Silverlight faction.

The Silverlight faction was not a popular one, and that was because of their unique passive that all players part of the Silverlight faction immediately received and could not get rid of unless they quit the faction.

That was [Ascended Healing].

[Ascended Healing] made all healing spells heal, regardless of race. That meant that even holy spells which would normally damage the undead would instead heal them.

This was an ideal passive for someone part of Ainz Ooal Gown, but considering that most of the players were humanoid and a very select group were undead, it made it an awful passive for the rest.

Lumière knew she still had her passive, but if the faction did not exist that meant there was no temple. As High Priestess, Lumière had special abilities that could only be refreshed upon bathing in the Blessed Pools at a Silverlight temple.

Really good abilities!

Her favorite abilities!

Alarm shot through Lumière as she realized she could only summon her most powerful acolyte—The Right Hand of Light—once. Once!

ONCE?!

Her wings trembled as she fought to push down her bitter frustration alongside her immediate fear.

Lumière had nearly all of her points placed into healing. She had met Bukubukuchagama very early, so the two leveled up together. Lumière did not need to place many points in damage because she always had someone to do quests with. They could pull all the mobs and spam spells while she kept them alive. It was quick, fun, and when they died it was hilarious because they'd have, like, fifty mobs glitch-dancing over their corpses because they pulled so many it caused a lag spike.

Upon joining the Silverlight faction, Lumière was assigned an acolyte to "raise" and grow in power as she gained ranks in the faction. Upon replacing the High Priestess in a special month-long quest line her acolyte was promoted to Right Hand.

She could summon him once a day and he would stay at her side until dismissed or if he perished. When her guildmates were too busy to assist her, she was able to summon the Right Hand to do the tanking and damage for her.

He was her damage.

He was literally her damage.

And as the Right Hand he had a truly phenomenal ability: [Sacrificial Love]. Should Lumière—his bonded player—receive a fatal blow, he would die for her.

It was such an amazing get-out-of-jail-free card. So many times she had mistakenly stepped on a trap in a dungeon, or fallen out of bounds and instead of losing her items and experience, she'd hear him cry out a programmed line of, "NO!" and promptly die in her place.

She'd be teleported to wherever he was—and thus out of danger—and he would despawn until she reset the ability.

Heck she even used it to purposefully kill her teammates. She would run into lava and use her [Leap of Faith] ability to pull one of her friends into the lava with her. She'd get instantly resurrected in a safe zone while her teammates died.

She did that a lot with Peroroncino and Herohero because Bukubukuchagama would egg her on. Or bribe her. Bukubukuchagama loved listening to her little brother's (Peroroncino) screams of despair and misery when he lost ten levels because he kept instant dying in a danger spot Lumière had pulled him into.

For a couple of months some of her guildmates were literally paying her to kill their friends that way. She made a lot of money which she used to buy materials to upgrade all of Jack's professions.

Completely worth it.

Especially since she probably would have "murdered" them for free.

(Of course, many of them returned the favor. One time Peroroncino teamed up with Momonga to trap her in a spot where she couldn't get out of without dying, but there were no enemies monsters around to kill her so she had to wait six hours until Touch Me came on and PK'd her out of mercy.)

Good times.

Her only being able to summon the Right Hand once was like a warrior not being able to use their weapons and having 0 skill in bare-fisted combat; or a hunter without their pet and bow; or a druid without the ability to shapeshift!

Her heart hurt.

She really liked that ability!

Plus—

MY DAMAGE! Oh NO.

She didn't even have points in hand-to-hand combat. When she had to fight enemies without a tank she danced around them and healed herself while her friends picked them off. Or she just stood there spamming teehee while a rogue unloaded their combos and all she had to do was pop a cool down to stay alive until her teammates nuked 'em.

It was hilarious in the game. Not so much in real life when physics suddenly mattered. Headshots would kill her now! Backstabs would probably hurt a lot! She could not—probably—prance about and giggle teehee while people tried to kill her.

Ooooooh that sucked so much.

She needed to get a temple set up ASAP.

For now, though, she needed to continue to obtain more information.

"There is nothing to forgive, please be at ease," Lumière whispered, struggling to keep her voice pleasant and even.

She thought quickly about what she would say in an RP session.

"My f—religion has been enclosed in isolation for many years as part of our... training. I am embarrassed to admit that the world seems to have changed much during our meditation. Would you be so kind to enlighten us with some answers?"

The Village Chief and his wife straightened up. "Y-Yes, High Priestess."

Lumière first asked about the neighboring countries, and the Chief responded with many names that they had never heard before. Although they were prepared for that, they could not help but be surprised after hearing them. Lumière and Momonga exchanged glances, despite being unable to read each others' expressions behind the mask.

Even so they knew what the other was thinking.

Where the hell are they?

The nearby countries were the Re-Estize Kingdom, the Baharuth Empire, and the Slane Theocracy.

Lumière was already thrown off upon realizing she essentially lost her damage for who knew how long, but upon hearing these definitely-not-YGGDRASIL names her heart sunk further. Her wings folded and unfolded themselves in a plain gesture of anxiety. The humans did not notice, thankfully, due to her powerful [Hope] aura that radiated from her.

Firstly, there was the Re-Estize Kingdom and the Baharuth Empire. These countries were on different sides of a mountain range, and to the south of those mountains was a sprawling forest, and at the edge of that forest was this village, under the Re-Estize Kingdom, and the fortress city of E-Rantel.

Relations between the Kingdom and the Empire were bad, and they would fight a battle in the wilderness near E-Rantel almost every year.

To the south was the Slane Theocracy.

There were other countries, but the Chief only knew of those three.

The Village Chief started talking about monsters next.

Like with YGGDRASIL, that world had monsters. The nearby forest was filled with monsters, and one of them was known as the "Wise King of the Forest." There were also Dwarves, all sorts of Elves, Goblins, Orcs, Ogres, and the like. Apparently, some demihumans had even built their own nation.

The prospect of finding elves did put a smile on Lumière's face. Elves were one of her favorite races because of how beautiful they were portrayed. Even in the games, she envied the graceful elven players so much that she designed her angel avatar off some of their features.

After all, angels in YGGDRASIL by their base form were... not pleasant to look at. Oh sure the idea of having a dozen eyes and a face-that-was-not-a-face was interesting from a game standpoint but it wasn't pretty to look at. As soon as she had the option to have multiple forms, Lumière gleefully took it.

The Chief continued in his explanation.

There were people called adventurers who drove off these monsters, and they counted many magic casters among their number. Apparently, these adventurers had guilds of their own in all the big cities.

Apart from that, they also learned about the nearby fortress city of E-Rantel.

According to the Chief, E-Rantel was the biggest city in the area, although he did not know exactly how large its population was.

That seemed to be the best place to gather information.

Finally, there was the matter of language. It was astounding that they understood Japanese in that new world. However, upon looking carefully at the Village Chief's mouth, it was evident that he was not speaking Japanese.

(Lumière would later find out that Momonga had noticed that as well and promptly did some subtle experimentation during the conversation. Momonga concluded that someone had fed the people of that world some sort of Translation Konnyaku. However, he did not know who had fed that substance to them. The language of this world was translated before the other party heard it. In theory, they should also be able to communicate with non-human lifeforms, like say, a dog or a cat. The question then was who had done such? Other players, or...?)

A knocking came from the door. The Chief anxiously looked upon his saviors. He dared not act of his own accord because he was still explaining things to his saviors, as payment for saving him and everyone else in the village.

"Please, by all means."

"I'm very sorry about this," the Chief said as he nodded in apology. He headed to the door, and when he opened it, a villager appeared.

He looked first to the Chief, then to Lumière and Momonga, and said, "Chief, I'm sorry to interrupt you when you're talking to our guests, but they're ready for the burial..."

"Oh..."

The Chief looked to Lumière and Momonga, his eyes begging for his approval.

"It's fine. There's no need to worry about us," Momonga politely assured.

"Thank you. Then, tell the others that I will be there soon."

As soon as the Chief stepped out, Lumière glanced at Momonga about to ask—

"Do not offer to resurrect them," he immediately rejected. "We can test that skill on an enemy at Nazarick when we are away from prying eyes."

Lumière held her tongue. She supposed that made sense, but... it felt wrong. If they could help them, why shouldn't they? Lumière hadn't lied when she said it was the creed of the Silverlight faction to assist when they could. There had been plenty of quests from YGGDRASIL where she was tasked with resurrecting NPCs. She had no issues helping them, why would she be perturbed to help those who were truly in need?

Additionally—

Additionally

If I can't heal, what use am I?

Momonga sensed her trepidation. "... If you feel strongly about testing it now, I will not oppose you."

Lumière brightened, relieved. "Thank you."

She hurriedly left the hut, eager to bring it up with the Chief.

Resurrection. A common ability in YGGDRASIL. If a player resurrected another player, the once-deceased player could avoid certain penalties. The stronger the resurrection, the less the deceased suffered. As a healer, Lumière had access to a variety of resurrection spells. She planned to test her strongest.

A ninth-tiered aoe (area of effect) spell with a one-day cool down and two-second cast. It was popular to use in raids, but due to its cooldown it was usually saved for "final pull."

"Chief?" Lumière inquired, Jack right at her heels. "Might I offer a blessing upon the deceased?"

"W-We would be honored," the Chief said, lowering his gaze.

There were not enough hands to have created enough graves for all those who had been slain—but they had gathered all of the deceased victims to one area to mourn and bless.

Lumière was most excited to test her ability. She was disheartened to know her main damage was practically inaccessible, and so she hoped that at least her resurrection spells would be possible.

If not...

She'd be useless.

Abandoned again?

Lumière looked upon the sea of sobbing faces that had gathered around the maimed bodies.

"[Vivifying Moonlight]"

Lumière had spread her arms wide upon casting the spell. At once, silvery light shone down on the bodies like a spotlight on stage. They were enveloped in glittery light that elicited gasps from the surrounding villagers.

Just as quickly as it came, the light vanished.

The bodies were pristine. All the blood and gore and injuries had been erased under the light and instead—

The first one was a child who sat up in gasp, coughing. Then a second. A third. A dozen.

The villagers screamed.

Mothers rushed to their revived children. Husbands wept upon seeing their wives shakily stand up. Brothers and sisters reunited in a weeping mess. They cried, clinging to one another as they were reunited from the miracle of resurrection.

Lumière's wings stretched out behind her, delighted that her spell worked.

Will it stay working, or are they on borrowed time?

She would have to monitor the village to see. Hopefully, that wouldn't be an issue.

Momonga sighed with relief beside her. "It is good to know it works."

"They don't seem fatigued," agreed Lumière. "Although the long-term effects of resurrection here are... unknown."

"Right... We should monitor them afterward."

Lumière smiled, placing a hand over her heart. Or where her heart should be. Angels didn't have hearts that pumped blood and instead consisted of some kind of cosmic stuff.

She wondered if she even had blood?

One test at a time.

The tearful reunions went on for several minutes until the villagers truly realized what Lumière had done. And within seconds they had dropped to their knees in reverence to her.

"Oh," she said in surprise upon seeing them. Her wings hugged around her waist and she took a nervous step back. Resurrection wasn't uncommon in YGGDRASIL but in the new world maybe it was?

"Thank you..."

"Thank you, Priestess—"

"—Saintess—"

"Thank you—"

Their sincere murmurs of gratitude only fed into Lumière's nerves. She had gone on numerous quests that required resurrecting NPCs, but none had reacted so... fervently.

I suppose... this kind of ability... isn't common...?

Oh dear.

Oh dear, dear, dear.

If it wasn't a standard, then did she draw a lot of attention to them? Her wings trembled.

Momonga stepped forward and in front of her. "This is a special blessing. Lumière has worked hard to achieve this power, and it is not something we want shared with the world just yet. I am sure you can all imagine the hardship our priestess would need to endure if this was common knowledge?"

Oh... Oh...

That was right. Why, why did Lumière insist on continuing to RP? Why did she feel compelled to help when they were placed in an already dangerous situation? Was it an angelic impulse, or the simple whimsical desires of her very soul?

The villagers murmured agreements, some nodding furiously.

"Please keep this to yourselves for her sake," he said.

There was a chorus of promises and many people swearing to gods Lumière and Momonga did not recognize. Lumière sighed, shame prickling inside her.

Oh, why didn't I think that through? Of course there was a reason Momonga advised not to. Stupid impulse.

Her shoulders drooped.

I'll be a lot more careful. I'll be sure to listen to those smarter than me—like Momonga, Albedo, and Jack.

They did not have very long to celebrate.

A scout that had been watching the edge of the village had reported more knights were coming—each of them armed to the teeth.

⁽ˇ́˙̫ˇ̀˵⁾

Momonga sent Jack and Lumière away with the other villagers as he, Albedo, and the Village Chief moved to the center of the village to intercept the incoming knights.

As he waited for whatever to arrive, he thought back to his friend.

Lumière had been his friend for over a decade. She was his oldest friend. Despite the fact that neither of them met in real life, it didn't matter.

Neither of them had much of a family outside each other. Momonga had buried the last of his relatives a long time ago, and Lumière's parents only saw her as a tool for their political gain. Christmases were spent logged in to YGGDRASIL with only one another to keep company.

Momonga had to admit that there was little he wouldn't do for her.

Which was why he didn't protest when she wanted to resurrect the villagers, even though he knew it was a (probably) stupid idea.

He noticed during the conversation with the Chief that something had upset her.

If taking a gamble and letting her try out a spell on the villagers was what it took to cheer her up... Momonga...

Well, he really shouldn't have done it, but he did it without thought. It'd be like if a big brother saw his dear baby sister crying. It's natural he'd do what he could to cheer her up, right?

Even though it was dumb of him. Ugh...

What was she upset about? I'll need to ask her when we get back.

After a while, they finally sighted many mounted warriors along the road leading to the village. The horsemen slowly entered the square.

They aren't uniformly equipped, and each of them is outfitted differently... are they not regular troops? Momonga mused as he observed the men and their armor.

The knights from before had breastplates bearing the symbols of the Baharuth Empire, and they were heavily equipped, each in the same way. While these men were wearing armor as well, their gear varied from man to man. Some wore leather armor and some did not have their plate armor on, exposing the chain mail underneath. Some of them wore helmets, while some went bareheaded. About the only thing they had in common was that they each showed their faces. Even their weapons were varied.

One could say that they looked like hardened veterans of the battlefield. A less polite way would be to say that they were a ragtag bunch of mercenaries.

The riders finally entered the square. There were around twenty of them, and while they were wary of the Death Knight, they formed up neatly before Momonga and the Village Chief. A man stepped forward from the rest of the force.

He seemed to be the leader of the horsemen. He looked like the fiercest and most eye-catching one of his men.

The leader's eyes rested briefly upon the Village Chief before lingering on the Death Knight, and then he turned toward Albedo. He took a long time looking at her. However, once he satisfied himself that none of them were going to move, he immediately turned his sharp gaze on Momonga.

Thanks to his undead body, Momonga remained unperturbed despite being heavily scrutinized.

Once satisfied, the leader spoke in a grave tone, "I am the Warrior-Captain of the Re-Estize Kingdom, Gazef Stronoff. By order of the King, I have been visiting each of the frontier villages to exterminate knights from enemy countries who have been making trouble here."

His even baritone echoed through the village square, and there was some commotion from the villagers behind Momonga.

"The Kingdom's Warrior-Captain..."

That means nothing to me. Ugh.

Momonga tried to keep his irritation out of his voice as he quietly asked the Chief, "What sort of man is he?"

The Chief whispered back. "According to the traders, he was a man who claimed the championship of the martial arts tournament held before the king, and now he leads the elite warriors who are loyal to the king."

Momonga was unimpressed. The man that stood before him did not look anywhere near powerful enough to serve a king directly let alone be a champion in martial arts. "Is the man before us truly so amazing...?"

"I do not know. All I heard were stories."

Momonga looked closely, and he saw that each of the horsemen had the same emblems on their chests, which resembled what the Chief had said about the Kingdom's emblems. That said, he did not have enough reliable information to be certain.

Gazef looked at the Chief and said, "You must be the Chief of this village. Can you tell me who is the person beside you?"

Momonga interrupted the Chief, who was about to answer, before nodding to Gazef and introducing himself. "There is no need for that. Pleased to meet you, Warrior-Captain of the Kingdom. My name is Momonga, and I am a magic caster who is escorting a priestess on her pilgrimage. This village was attacked by knights, and so we stepped in to rescue them."

Gazef immediately dismounted, his armor clattering loudly as he did. He bowed deeply once he was on the ground.

"Thank you for saving this village. I have no words that can adequately praise your kindness."

The air seemed to tremble.

The Warrior-Captain was a man from a privileged class of society. It was quite shocking for the villagers that such a man would bow and scrape before a nobody like Momonga, in this world where people were so clearly divided amongst each other. From what Momonga had heard, the concept of human rights was almost nonexistent in that country—no, in that world.

A few years ago, the Kingdom still sanctioned the slave trade.

It spoke volumes of the man's character that he bowed to Momonga. Momonga mentally reassessed the man before him, intrigued.

"Please, do not stand on ceremony. I was merely acting on orders of the priestess who hired me," said Momonga, carrying on with Lumière's lie. It was a good lie. He felt proud of her for coming up with it on the spot.

"Does this mean that you are an adventurer?"

"That is close enough to the truth."

"Oh... I see. You must be an extraordinary adventurer, then. Although, forgive my ignorance, but I have not heard your mighty name before, Lord Momonga."

"I have been in isolation for many years studying magic," said Momonga. "I only recently came out into the world."

"I see. Although I regret having to waste the time of such a great adventurer, could you please tell me about the knights who attacked this village?"

"It would be my pleasure, Warrior-Captain. Most of the knights who have attacked this village are already dead, so they will not be able to make trouble for the time being. Shall I go on?"

Gazef blinked in astonishment. "Already dead... Lord Momonga, did you strike them down?"

"...Well, that is not entirely accurate..."

Gazef picked up on the hint in Momonga's tone, and turned his eyes toward the Death Knight. He must have smelled the faded scent of gore and death that came from it.

"I have a couple of questions... may I know who that is?"

"He is a servant that I have created."

Gazef murmured in approval, and then looked Momonga up and down with a keen gaze.

"Then... how about that mask?"

"I wear it for reasons known only to a magic caster."

"May I remove that mask?"

"Sadly, I must refuse," Momonga said as he gestured to the Death Knight. He lied, "It would not be good if I lost control of him."

A look of shock flashed across the face of the Chief, gasps came from the villagers hiding behind them. Perhaps he had sensed the change in the air and seen the look on the Chief's face, but Gazef nodded deeply and said, "I see. Then, we'd best not take it off."

"Thank you."

"Then—"

"Before that, I have a request you might not like to hear. This village was recently attacked by knights of the Empire, and if you gentlemen brought your weapons in, it might trigger unpleasant memories in the villagers. May I ask you to place your weapons in a corner of the village square, to put the people at ease?"

"...It is as you say, Lord Momonga. However, this sword was given to me by the King. I cannot set it down without his express permission."

The Village Chief whispered, "Lord Momonga, we will be fine."

"Is that so, Chief... then, please forgive my unreasonable request, Warrior-Captain."

"No, I see the logic in your thinking, Lord Momonga. If this sword had not been personally awarded to me by the King, I would gladly lay it aside. Then, could we sit down and discuss the details. Also, the sky is growing dark, and we would like to rest in this village for the night..."

"I understand. Then, let us return to my home together—"

In the middle of the Chief's reply, one of the horsemen ran into the square. He was panting heavily and had an urgent report. In a high-pitched voice, the horseman said, "Warrior-Captain! We've sighted a lot of people around the village! They've surrounded the village and they're closing in!"

Momonga wanted to sigh.

⁽ˇ́˙̫ˇ̀˵⁾

She may not have access to her big boi damage but she's still a level 100 in this world. Momonga, a mage with no specs in strength, literally crushed a "powerful" enemy to death with a hug.

Answer: Probs same as Lumière. Love me the fluffy wings / true form being an eldritch cosmic horror show.

Question: What class would you like to be as a Supreme Being?

Reviews are love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 698 9
"Ainz Ooal Gown. Back in Ygdrassil there was no one who didn't know that name and the terrifying 41 monsters that created it. Well ... it doesn't mat...
261 13 5
Read my account message before you start 👍 This is A FxF reader insert into the overlord game world (Amaryillis) the insert will not be part of the...
13.5K 220 123
Overlord x Tensura Future Chat Group Op to Godlike Mc Massive Harem. Wish Fulfillment. If you want in depth story with character development then t...
50.2K 825 23
YGGRASIL, a game that the entire world know is coming to its end after a long 12 years of beloved memories but one of the Original Guilds had stayed...