Step of Faith

By helenaj05

"You never truly know how much you want something until it's within your hands reach." - Blair Ivy is a senio... More

Introduction
Character aesthetics
Chapter I: Off to a slippery start
Chapter II: Unexpected beginnings
Chapter III: Shedding tears
Chapter IV: Petty is my middle name
Chapter V: Favorite song
Chapter VI: The truth uncovered
Chapter VII: Late night conversations
Chapter VIII: Game night
Chapter IX: Competition stress
Chapter X: Apologies
Chapter XI: Not so friendly
Chapter XII: Twenty questions
Chapter XIII: Touch
Chapter XIV: Revenge and Forgiveness
Chapter XV: Pictures
Chapter XVII: Thigh pincher
Chapter XVIII: Reminiscing
Chapter XIX: Quiet
Chapter XX: Needed you
Chapter XXI: Vulnerable
Chapter XXII: Little sister
Chapter XXIII: Sit and Wait
Chapter XXIV: Mistletoe
Chapter XXV: Never wake up
Chapter XXVI: What we deserve
Chapter XXVII: On my best behavior
XXVIII: Locker room full of tears
Chapter XXIX: Coming together
Chapter XXX: No silent treatments

Chapter XVI: Wishes

7.9K 170 83
By helenaj05

Chapter XVI: Wishes

Theo's POV

It's been a week since the incident in the locker rooms. But it hasn't been eventful at all, only classes and practice. Plus I didn't see Blair as much as I would've wished to. 

It left me in a sour mood for the longest amount of time and of course, the guys found it funnier than anything. Their teasing will drive me to my grave.

Right now I was at practice and it was very stressful, to say the least. Coach Willson was yelling his whole soul out and I felt as if he raised his voice even a bit, I would for sure lose my hearing.

"Keeps, can you not tell the difference between speed and agility? Do I need to spell it out for you?" Willson's yells reverberated through the empty rink.

Everyone was on edge. Our championship qualifiers were coming up and they were coming up fast. It's like the past month and a half passed like nothing.

I was pushing myself to new limits. I had to be the best or there was no point in playing at all. This year was brutal for me. So many scouts for NHL teams announcing their presence so I had no place to be sloppy.

Me and the guys started up our morning runs again. It's getting a bit colder here but that wasn't an excuse to sit around. Blair came on one this week and after it said that we run like old men. Which wasn't true, she just picks up Usain Bolt speed and we're supposed to keep up.

Speaking of Blair, she wasn't here. Apparently, she called in sick last minute and that was weird to me. I really hoped she didn't catch the stomach bug that some of the teammates have because she has to perform at the Hockey qualifiers.

I've noticed that everything that includes her now concerns me. I used to give zero shits about what other people did, even my best friends. But now I'm like an overprotective dog that needs to know where she is at any time of the day.

I was certainly developing some kind of feelings but they made me queasy. This week I noticed that my stomach constantly feels weird around her and I get nervous. Maybe I have the stomach bug.

"Grayson, you going to keep dreaming or start working?" Coach barked out the question and I immediately turned my brain off.

The rest of the practice was uneventful. We did a scrimmage game, as well as some exercises. Then he made us speed skate but the exercises didn't have the fun Blair touch she added to them.

Dude, get a grip.

After everything ended, I threw all of my stuff in the trunk of my car and drove home as quickly as traffic could allow me. Tonight was my turn to pick up the groceries for the house so I made a plan of checking on Blair and then going to the store.

I opened the door and the scent of food hit my nostrils. It was something delicious. I walked deeper into the house and padded to the kitchen. All of the guys that were sick were sitting at the now clean dining table and Blair was pouring soup into bowls.

"This is my mom's medicine for stomach bugs. Eat it slowly because it's still hot," she placed the bowls in front of the guys.

I stood there watching her. She looked the most beautiful when she wasn't aware that I was watching. So carefree and calm. Her hair sat in a low ponytail with a lot of loose strands framing her face.

I cleared my throat to not startle her and her smiling face turned my way. Her face had this glow, she seemed happy.

"Come on, you'll help me carry this to Levi," She poured another bowl and started wetting a towel under the sink, taking a thermometer with her as well.

I walk up to her ignoring her protests of me not carrying this to Levi. I put my palm up to her forehead and it felt normal. I scrunched my brows in confusion.

"How do you feel?" I ask her, her brown eyes staring back at me.

"Okay. Why?"

"Coach said you were sick," I pick up the bowl and we start to walk up the stairs.

"I told him I'm taking care of the sick and he mumbled something about qualifiers and practice so he probably wasn't listening very closely," she chuckles and opens the door to Levi's room.

We walk into the room and the first thing I notice is West, passed out on the armchair by the bed with a book in his hands. Did he leave practice faster to come home?

Blair gave me silent commands of where to place the bowl while she put the wet towel on Levi's head. She tucked him in and I silently watched her. How her eyes lips quirked up in a little smile at Levi's sleeping face.

She lightly shook West awake and gave him instructions on what to do when he woke Levi up. West slightly widened his eyes when he saw me standing in the middle of the room but I thought nothing of it.

Blair and I left the room and walked into hers. I don't know why though, she just grabbed my hand and started pulling me to her room. She quickly scrambled through her bag, she got her wallet out.

"Let's go," she exclaims.

"Where?"

"I'm coming with you to the store. I need to get out of this house, I haven't been outside today," she pulls me downstairs and out of the door. And I follow her. She could pull me through the seventh gates of hell and I would still follow her.

On the way to the store, we tell each other about our week. Hers wasn't eventful either and my grin grows when she says that she missed my company as much as I did hers. Good to know, Skates.

She told me about all the things Catherine and Carl said to her and I was glad to hear that most of them were compliments. Knowing how they get when her competitions come up it was more than deserved.

I told her about all of the classes I had this week and to my surprise she listened to every single thing. I've never had someone I could talk to without filtering anything.

When we got to the store I finally realized why she didn't give me a choice in her coming or not. She was going to annoy me through this whole store trip.

First, she kept continuously pushing her cart into mine and then saying it was accidental. The quiet chuckles from her proved that they weren't accidental. When I gave her a glare she claimed that she was simply playing bumper cars.

And when we passed the stuffed toy section she made us stop. We stood there for fifteen minutes and I tried to suppress my smile when she held up two stuffed animals to her face. I didn't miss the opportunity of taking a picture of the sight.

Then she made us take a selfie with a big stuffed bear. Blair proceeded to tell me how she doesn't want to take it home so she picked up two small teddy bears instead.

"The brown one will be for me and the black one for you because that's our hair colors and I'm very original," She puts them in her cart.

"You should become a philosopher with that kind of imagination," I widen my eyes in fake surprise.

"Oh shove it," she hits my shoulder.

The rest of the store trip was strictly following the list I had in my hand. I learned that I can't pick up just any kind of milk because that's not good. And when I asked why I was met with a slap to the back of my head. Our bickering was entertaining me more than it should.

Blair might've been shorter than me but she was sure as fuck more intimidating than half of the people I know. Especially, when we were fighting about who was paying. I insisted that I pay because it was my turn but she threatened to kick me in the nuts so I obliged to splitting it.

We walked to the car and packed all of the stuff into the trunk. When I closed the trunk up she reached for something in her back pocket.

"Where the heck did you get that?" I look at the little wrapped thing in her hands.

"I bought this for us," she starts unwrapping it.

And when she opens it I realize what it is. They are the best friend necklaces every teenage girl has. The little puzzle pieces that connect. But there are only two.

"I don't think that's going to be enough for all of the guys."

"By us, I meant you and me," she leans forward to clasp the necklace around my neck. But she doesn't move after she's done, "Can I kiss you?"

I simply nod in fear of my words betraying me. Her soft honey lips meet mine and I sigh into the kiss. This one isn't eager, it's slow and I feel like I'm savoring something.

I grip her thighs and lift her onto the car. Blair's hands go to my hair and I sigh at the feeling. The thoughts of almost losing all of this once again run through my mind.

She's like a drug and I'm the addict. She's like food and I'm a starving man. She's like water and I'm the desert. I place my forehead on hers and close my eyes. My hand is still on her neck. I feel her pulse, she's here with me.

"I want to take you on a date, if you'll let me," I breathe against her lips.

"Like a date date?" She chuckles, slight confusion laced in her voice.

"Well, sort of. I'm going to see my family tomorrow and I would've taken you anyways. But we can call it a first date," I fidget with the neckline of her shirt.

"First? There'll be a second?" a grin spreads on her lips.

"Fuck, Blair, I hope so," I return her smile.

"Then yes, I'll come to see your family with you," she brushes the hair strand out of my face.

I internally congratulate myself on the successful outcome. That could've gone much worse. I don't know why but I had convinced myself that she would say no.

We drove home and I could feel that she was getting more comfortable around me which made a warm feeling spread in my heart.

While placing all the stuff in the fridge I was getting a bit more relaxed about tomorrow. I haven't seen my mom and sisters in a while and the sudden invite to visit made me anxious.

I thanked Blair for everything today and walked upstairs to my room. As I closed the door I already noticed the teddy bear sitting on my pillow. She's a sneaky one.

Having her there tomorrow will be one of the best choices I've made in the past two weeks. It won't make me want to crawl into a hole and die.

The fact that I'm sure mom will invite my uncles and aunts sent more chills up my spine. When dad left us the mood was tense between everyone for a long while but half a year later everyone was back to normal like nothing happened.

My sisters seemed more affected by it than me. From another point of view, it probably seemed like I didn't care but I was never attached to him so him walking away didn't matter.

The only thing that I'll blame him for the rest of his life will be hurting mom. She was heartbroken for so long. It was like he had ruined her, maybe he somehow did. But now my mom was better than ever, so I could thank him for erasing him from our lives.

I was staring at the wall when a soft knock sounded at the door. It was 12:04 am so I had no clue who needs me at this hour.

When I opened the door I was met with the brown eyes that I see in my dreams. Blair was grinning from ear to ear with a cupcake in her hands and a candle.

"Happy birthday, Laurie," she extended the cupcake.

"I told you to stop calling me that," I groan, "And how the hell do you know it's my birthday?"

I never tell anyone. I hate my birthday, it reminds me of dad. And I don't want to be reminded of him.

"Both of us talk a lot when we're drunk, now blow out the candles before they melt and ruin the store-bought cupcake I decorated," Blair glared at me.

I blew out the candle and pulled her into my room, closing the door behind her. Her eyes slightly widen but she goes with it.

"What did you wish for?" She asks me as I take the cupcake from her.

"You," I whisper as I take the frosting and put it on her lips. I kiss her, licking all of the frosting off. Her hands fist my shirt.

"I wished for you," I took more frosting and placed it on her exposed collarbones. I lick it off of her as a small gasp leaves her lips.

I licked a stripe up her neck. Then placed a soft kiss on her temples, on both of the dimples she has, and then on her lips.

"Only you, Blair."

A/N: Miss me? ;)

Thank you so much to those of you who were patient with me. I lost some followers but I'm glad that the rest of you stayed. You being here outweighs the sad feeling I had when I saw numbers going down. I've had time for myself and to focus on school so I'm glad you were accepting and encouraging. 

But how did we like tonight's chapter? Theo and cupcake frosting will be on my mind for the next week. 

How are you guys doing? 

Kisses, hugs, and cupcake frosting from your dear Helena <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 14.6K 38
[MATURE] After a hate-filled one night stand, Evanna Hill is in shambles. With her perfect reputation and Rich parents' influence, she is shocked at...
2.1K 37 11
ππŽπ€ π‚πŽπ‹π‹πˆππ’ a girl who was forced to move out of her college and transfer to the same one as her brother π‹πˆπ€πŒ π€ππƒπ„π‘π’πŽπ the popu...
7K 105 37
Adrian Levont, a star hockey player at Ivywood College, finds himself in trouble after a fight during a crucial game. His coach's punishment is an un...
383K 6.5K 31
"Your really are the biggest pain in my ass." "I'm glad you've given me such an amazing roll being down that end. Wouldn't want to be a pain in your...