Sins will never be Forgiven (...

By Ashul_Z

[ GENSHIN IMPACT | DEBTS WILL NEVER BE PAID SEQUEL ] Her shadows are gone, and now what? The dreams of those... More

Prologue
02
03
04
05
06
07

01

73 1 0
By Ashul_Z

It's been a while since she stabbed Dottore's thigh and finished their contract. Her freedom was set, and she would be able to start a new life next to the people she loves and appreciate.

She wasn't a Fatui anymore, she was the Knights of Favonius Chief Alchemist's assistant, and Timaeus friend.

But besides, she was also the friend of Rubedo, Albedo's forbidden brother. He made her feel confident and safe. He was important to her.

And her life became the one she ever dreamt of. She would be working on investigations, fulfilling tasks and spending time with her friends.

But sometimes, those memories came back to her.

So many people who was in the same situation than her, adopted by the same monster she fought.

And if it wasn't because of fate, she would be buried as they are.

A scary feeling ran into herself and she felt goosebumps.

She wouldn't even be there, next to many kind people.

When she felt like that, it was usual that "that" man usually held her shoulders to calm her down and softly whisper.

—"Sucrose, are you alright?" — Albedo whispered away from Timaeus. —"Need to take some breath?"

Sucrose just looked back at him and made a deep breathe.

—"I'm alright." — She answered. —"I can deal with this, don't worry."

Albedo just walked back, unsure about her statement, but sure that she would deal with it.

After all, she passed through harder situations, right?

And when the daylight disappeared, she'd say goodbye to her coworkers and walk home to have rest in the night.

That night, Albedo was concerned about her situation. By some reason, she loved working and hated having rest. He was sure she was going to, eventually, pass out in the middle of her work, and he didn't want to.

After that day, she slept for two days straight and when she woke up she realized that she was half fox because of her delusion.

He was worried of her, and she needed to make sure she was alright.

Before Sucrose could actually say goodbye and goodnight, Albedo had to ask something.

—"Sucrose, can I walk home with you?" — Albedo shamelessly asked.

It surely took her by surprise. It wasn't the first time he walked home next to her since he does it when she looks dizzy or strange. And she knew he had other motives behind.

Sucrose accepted his request and they both say goodbye to Timaeus. By his part, he was laughing inwardly at their blindness. How could they not notice...? But whatever.

They walked upstairs to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters, where Jean gave Sucrose a room after the incident some months ago.

In the meanwhile, they were talking about how their day was, and Albedo specifically talked about Klee coming back soon. Sucrose really wanted to meet her and show her the color bombs she made.

They greeted the guards, entered the Headquarters and walked upstairs to the dorms. There, the third door was her room.

Sucrose got her key out of her bag, placed it inside the lock and opened the door to reveal her full-of-plants clean room. She was kinda ashamed of it.

Before leaving, Albedo had to speak once again.

—"Sucrose..." — He stopped her from walking into the room. —"If by any reason you start feeling weird, do not-" — he couldn't finish the sentence.

—"I will be fine, Mister Albedo." — She sweetly smiled. —"I'll surely be fine."

She was looking at him, and he was looking at her. How could such eyes not see what was harbored within them? So much to say, and so much to keep silent.

Their hands, so warm, trying to unite eternally.

Their arms, so warm, trying to find each other again.

And him, appearing out of nowhere.

Rubedo.

—"Good night, dearest brother." — He says sitting on Sucrose's couch. —"Sorry for coming first without telling, but I'll take care of her so you can go to your boring mountain and do your boring experiments."

Albedo was in shock. Since when he was there?

And how did he get there?

Sucrose greeted Rubedo and Rubedo greeted back. It's been a while since Rubedo is visiting Sucrose, and Albedo wasn't alright with it.

But she was okay with him, so he had nothing to plead.

Sucrose said goodbye to Albedo and he walked back home. He knew he wasn't going to hurt her, but there was something else Albedo was worried about.

Sucrose took off her jacket and put it on a chair. Walked towards her bed and threw herself on it. She was tired of this day, the week and the whole month.

Actually, tired of her whole life. But who cares?

Rubedo stared at her and didn't hesitate to say something related.

—"You can't really let go, can you?" — He sarcastically spoke.

—"But their dreams, their hopes..." — Sucrose spoke lying down on the bed. —"I was really deluded into believing that Albedo was to blame but in the end I feel like it was my fault. If only I could forget it..."

—"You can't." — Rubedo got up from the couch and reached her. —"You can't forget it, you say it yourself. Their dreams, their hopes, you knew how they lived and you know that they were as blind as you. But..." — He sat next to her and sighed. —"If there is anyone who deserves to rest, it is all of you."

Sucrose was not convinced at all. Because yes, she deserved to get it out of her mind, that suffering, that pain, everything.

—"I feel like there's something else I need to do." — She spoke. —"I feel like I should keep their memories awake, eve though it burns me out."

—"Then do it." — Rubedo just scoffed. —"If you feel like you should burn yourself thinking about what could have happened, or if you think keeping the memory alive is going to make you feel better, do it."

It really didn't help.

The next day that Sucrose came back to work, not only Albedo, but the Traveler, who was back in town from Inazuma, realized how she was acting. The Outlander were here to check on a Commission

Quickly, the traveler reached her, who was doing some commissions in the Alchemy Table. Happily greeted her and Sucrose greeted back, getting her mind out of the work.

—"Good Morning, Sucrose." — The traveler greeted her. —"How is my commission doing?"

Sucrose quickly got a bag out of the shelves and show it to them.

—"It's ready to be delivered, Mr. Outlander."

Sucrose and the traveler realized the transaction and just stood in front of each other for a while. In that second, the traveler remembered the commission given by some pink kitsune she knew.

—"Ah, I forgot to give you another commission I've got from Inazuma." — The traveler shamelessly spoke. —"Guess you will have a very busy week."

Sucrose didn't get it.

Fulfilling a commission would usually take her one or two days, since the Traveler delivered them. But this seemed to be a bigger one.

—"46 Dragonheir's False Fin, 168 Sea Ganoderma, 30 Kageuchi Handguard." — The traveler spoke. —“All of them delivered to the Guuji Yae, in Inazuma. Must be a challenge, isn't it?”

What did the traveler mean?

—“But aren't you going to deliver it for me?” — She curiously asked. —“Also, those materials are Inazuma exclusive, how Am I supposed to get them?”

—“And that's where you come In.” — The traveler highlighted. —“You will collect them in Inazuma, as a request by the Guuji of the Narukami Sanctuary.”

She was shocked. Was that possible? Even factible? No, it wasn't. She would never go to Inazuma by such a request, right? Neither Albedo would consent it. Or is him...?

—“Take my assistant as long as you need, Traveler.” — Albedo appeared behind Sucrose. —“It must be beneficial to expand our market in other nations. Sucrose must be feeling proud of this honoring travel.”

Sucrose was confused. How would he approve such a request? It wasn't even possible. He wouldn't want her to leave, neither in this situation. Is him the Albedo she knew?

Sucrose quickly turned out to see Albedo and check on the neck mark. Her uncontrolled gaze analyzed every inch of him, trying to find s hint of Rubedo.

Neck mark was there.

And his eyes were... there, but...

On her.

Sucrose reacted and ashamedly turned again. She didn't realize she was overlooking on him. It might be misunderstood.

—“I-I'm sorry!” — Sucrose spoke as she walked back to her workspace to continue with her commissions.

Albedo walked towards her as he wanted to point something.

—“I have no idea of why you're apologizing.” — He took her out of her place by moving her with his arms. —“And I also have no idea of why you aren't planning your trip to Inazuma. Finding a float is hard nowadays.”

He confirmed her deductions. She would be traveling to Inazuma.

—“You don't need to worry about anything.” — He clarified. —“I've covered your travel for about two weeks and I will fulfill your commissions instead of you.”

She had nothing else to say, right? Her boss has spoken.

That day, the traveler and Sucrose got plans to travel to Liyue and then get a boat to Inazuma. Sucrose packed her necessities and had a long long nap to recover energies. She will much likely need them. Of course, if some clone brother didn't bother.

Next day came quickly and Sucrose was anxious about this event. But the Traveler made her feel comfortable. It's been a while since they both fought on Dragonspine against a Cryo Regisvine.

They both used a Teleportation Point to travel from Mondstast to Liyue, and they arrived early as expected. She didn't have many time to look into the place, but surely, a caring aura was around.

She arrived to the place she would meet the Captain of the boat in which she would travel to Inazuma.

It didn't surprise her that the captain would be Beidou, the Captain of the Crux Meridiam Float. A tall women, with red clothes and a really questioning humor sense.

—“Hello there!” — She greeted them. —“My name is Beidou, the one who ended the greatest Haishan, and you and I will be travel mates.”

Just Sucrose and her. What else could be worse?

The traveler wasn't going with them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 1.7K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...
338K 9.9K 38
[Genshin Impact] [Scaramouche x fem!reader] [Please don't read this if you are younger than 16โ›”๏ธ] You were born visionless into a world (Teyvat) whe...
15.1K 451 15
โ™ฅใ€€โ™กใ€€โ™ฅใ€€โ™กใ€€โ™ฅใ€€ โMY LOVE FOR YOU IS BIGGER THAN A FIREWORK!โž โ™ฅใ€€โ™กใ€€โ™ฅใ€€โ™กใ€€โ™ฅใ€€ (๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜บ๐˜ข ๐˜น ๐˜จ๐˜ฏ!๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ) โ˜ฝหšโ€โžท When an Inazuman who lived in Mondstad...
833K 43.3K 125
"I'm scared of what I can't control. Wondering if I'll be more than a memory. If I go down in flames and I fall from grace. Is that all you'll see wh...