Wedding In Pandemic ( Complet...

By Spmoonchild3

Weddings are always special. But when it is your cousin's wedding it is even more. Maya is a sweet independe... More

THE BEGINING
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
ANCIENT HISTORY
BLAST FROM THE PAST
THE DAY WE MET
EVIL INCARNATE
RUTHLESS
ICECREAM KISS
SKY IS PINK AIR IS PURPLE
EUPHORIA
BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS
DESIRE OF THE SOUL
WHIRLWIND
BETRAYAL, LIES AND PAIN
JUMPSTART TO REALITY
TWISTING TIMES
BLISS
HOME
BITTERSWEET
WHOOPSIE
LOCKED IN
RELAPSE
MISCHIEF RUNS IN THE FAMILY
REDEMPTION
DUST AND COBWEBS
HIGHWAY TO HELL
BLOOM
IN THE CLEAR
DESIRE
UNINVITED
DIABLO RETURNS
AFTER SPRING COMES FALL
DUSTY PAGES
WHISKEY HEIST
DRUNK AND DESIRED
LIGHT THE WAY (HALDI)
THE DAY BEFORE DHOLARE
GHOST OF THE PAST
SWIRLS OF LOVE
THE PIT OF DESPAIR
REVENGE IS SWEET
COLORS OF LOVE
SHAADI MUBARAK
EPILOGUE
Author's Note
Sneak peak
WIP TRAILER
INFERNO

ALL HANDS ON DECK

2.8K 170 31
By Spmoonchild3

ADHI'S POV

Maya is going to kill me!!!!

She had sent me a text about the meeting for the haldi discussion. It was supposed to be held at 11 am, and now it was 12. My stupid ass had to fall asleep right at this time.

I was running to main house hall with my camera safely tucked away in its bag. When I reached the hall, the meeting was almost halfway over. Maya was explaining everybody's tasks and handing them a sheet of paper with the said task written in calligraphy.

My women is so extra.

I stumbled at the threshold. The whole room turned to look at the noise. I smiled sheepishly and my eyes met a very unimpressed Maya. She shook her head and pointed me to a chair next to Arjun. Who was biting his lips to not laugh.

I sat down and was hit by a crumbled pink sheet of paper in the face. I looked up and saw maya trying to hide her smile. I narrowed my eye at her but still smiled.

"That is your task list, I need you to click at least 50 photos a day and show me. If it is good ill think about appointing you as the official photographer ,we've 4 other options too, better make it work Mr. Sankar. " She smiled.

My mouth hung open. Tara started openly laughing, arjun joined too. Maya passed me a smile and moved on to the next person. It was for the video and She gave the instruction manual to Jeeth.

JEETH?

Is she fucking crazy? he's letting that asshole record her sister's wedding? What the hell is going on? Was that a smile she gave him? Is he smiling back what the fuck Is going on?

my hands clenched to fist and arjun tapped on top of it. he looks equally confused as me. Tara smiled at him, they were having those silent conversations which only they could understand. I sometimes wonder if they are telepathical.

Ughh soulmate shit.

After the meeting was over maya sprinted to the next room with vivek chasing. she mustve given her a shitty task too.

I waited outside their room for their fight to end. When vivek left the room I entered and lock the door. Maya jumped from the bed.

"I can explain!" she said her hands held forward in defense.

I pushed her to the bed and straddled her, lifting both her hands up and pinned them with mine. She was squealing but I didnt budge. I bend down to her and we were face to face.

"Start talking" I growled.

She laughed "ohh so scary"

I bit down on her neck and she screamed in delight. "TALK NOW!!"

"okay.... okay...." she was panting.

"Jeeth is very good in the video recording department as we know, and he is here, so I thought why not make use of it?"

"and you gave a pervert who is obsessed with pornography a high quality video camera. WOW!" I left her arms and sat by my knees in the bed.

"He's not a pervert" she murmured while sitting up, she was fixing her top.

"What??" I growled.

"stop with the growling Adhi" she snapped. "Jeeth is not a pervert. I know, he told me." she sighed.

"And you believed him? just like that?"

"You will too, when you hear the full story." I scoffed, she grabbed my face and made me look at her. "let me ask you something Adhi, You told me that day that you slapped Taniya right?"

"yeah.. why are you asking?"

"What does Taniya look like?" she looked me dead in the eyes and asked.

"I dont know.. short, long hair, glasses, I.. what does Taniya has to do with this?" I yelled.

"that bitch!" maya murmured and started getting up from the bed.. she knee crawled across the bed and pulled up her laptop, she browsed through her old photos and pulled on up.

"the girl you say is not Taniya.. This is" she pointed to the picture and it was...

"Khushi..?" my eyes widened in shock. "what...?"

I zoomed in the picture. there she was cuddling with Preethi and maya in their hostel room. She was pretending to be Taniya. Why?

I looked at maya in confusion, she nodded. "You didnt slap Taniya, it mustve been some poor pawn of hers, She was the one who shot your parents video, our Video and made Jeeth blackmail you" she sighed "She was the one using you using Jeeth not him, he was a pawn in her game too".

"I don't believe that. I cant" I started pacing in the room. god im turning into arjun.

"Adhi.. There is very solid reason for why Jeeth was blackmailed. I cant tell you what it is. it is hi story to tell, but I can assure you No man will lie about something like that. So please talk to him, or at least listen." she cupped my face in her hands. "please.."

She was looking at me with such sincerity in her eyes. Either Jeeth was an expert liar who managed fool her, or maybe Jeeth was innocent. I was so confused right now. But I had to snap out of it. I had just gotten her back I cant waste our time thinking about Jeeth or anything that is not Important.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her to my chest, her arms came around my neck.

"Okay" I whispered before I brushed my lips against her in a soft kiss. we both pulled back with a smile.

"You seriously doubt my photography skills?" I asked. She giggled and pushed me out of the room. Before closing the door she leaned in and said "Just because your my boyfriend doesn't mean you get special privileges"

I grinned "Im your boyfriend?"

She faltered a bit, a small blush spreading across her cheeks. she quickly shut the door.

I smiled to myself as I walked to the garden. I have an assignment from the Mrs.

MAYA'S POV

Stupid stupid stupid.

I slid down the door and sat on the floor. I slapped myself.

"Boyfriend? BOYFRIEND? really maya" I murmured to myself.

I was not ready for that. a few kisses here and there was okay, but boyfriend? do I trust him like that?

if you can trust Jeeth why cant Adhi?

But Jeeth had his issues.

so did Adhi. Jeeth did it to keep his sexuality a secret. Adhi did it to protect his mother. Big difference

Right? So I should trust him?

bitch you already do.

I did. I absolutely did. My conscious was right. No matter how much I tried to put walls between us, he managed to slip past them. And the moment his lips met mine, I knew I was a goner.

I quickly shook off my thoughts. I had a lot of work to do. I quickly print out all my layout I had set for the haldi function. It was the already existing stage set up but with the yellow splash of color.

I had to sort out all the yellow shaded sarees from Tara's collection. Then drape it into a pattern and arrange it on the stage and the pillars nearby. I had decided to contrast it with a dash of pink. There will be a photo shoot shed which will be decorated with bangles and thermo coal patterns. All local, all homemade.

It wont be wow ish. but it will have to do. The next thing I needed was yellow flowers, which is impossible to grow with this time period. So I had to settle with the next best thing. Paper flowers, and who was making them? My nieces.

I was making my 7 year old nieces make 3000 paper flowers. I was going to hell. But we all volunteered to help. And that was my next stop flower making. it was almost 3 in the afternoon.

When I had reached, adhiti and adha had made a whole lot of flowers by themselves. All the girl population was in the room making flowers. I went and sat by pooja who was flower taping the ends of the flowers so don't open up. I tried making one, and after the fourth attempt I quit. Even my nieces are more talented than me.

When the clock hit 5pm and almost making 250 flowers I told them to rest. it was a group effort even then I couldn't exhaust them. After making the tired females and little ones some refreshments I went too check on the boys. And as I expected they were not working, but had completed the arrangements. The wooden pillars were installed perfectly and the markings for the saree draping was done perfectly.

I saw Arjun walking towards me and I felt a little guilty.

"I will be the only wedding planner in the world who's making the groom do the heavy lifting."

"oh please, its good exercise. I need it. Or else you brother in law will have a flab on the wedding day" he joked.

I smiled "Tara will have a fit"

"Speaking of brother in law's, how is things with Adhi going?"

I squirmed. " Its going.... we'll see how it goes"

"I don't know.. it sounded pretty good this morning. The walls are pretty thin maya" he shrugged.

My blood rushed to my cheeks. I could feel myself turn scarlet. I started stammering. Arjun just grinned patted my head affectionately and left.

Damn it! I hate being caught.

Dinner at the tharavadu was a really fun affair. All the members after taking an evening shower are gathered in the main hall. All the furniture are moved aside and then they sit on the floor. Banana leaf is set infront of them as modes of plates and the food is served on to it.

But with an attendance of 300 people it became a little crowded. So the elders will eat first, because their medications and stuff and then the kids, meaning us will eat later. And by the time the elders will finish eating it will be very late. And elders being elders they wont wait up for us. They will go to bed.

Well fine by us. It is a blessing anyway. We will have the whole house to ourselves.

After the elders ate, all the kids including Arjun's family, sat in a big circle and ate. we served each other, told embarrassing stories. It was less eating, more laughing. And vivek almost spit up his food when Varun started talking about his Kristen Stewart addiction.

And for me, a person who was cooped up in a one bedroom flat for the past 3 years, this was heaven. Adhi eyes would find me from across the room, We would exchange smiles and then I would exchange snarls from Vivek. Also a girl from his side of the family was staring at me like she wants to eat me alive.

guess that's Greeshma.

After dinner, everyone was stuffed and sleepy. But the bridezilla had made plans with her darlin to meet up at the rooftop. And I had to third wheel But I wasn't alone. I had vivek with me . That's a plus. We reached the rooftop and Arjun was already waiting there. When Tara saw him she just ran upto him and KISSED him.

"AAaaahhh" vivek screamed and covered his eyes.

"MY EYES MY EYES" his gorilla arms covered mine too.

"Eww" I heard a third voice say. Without turning back I knew who it was.

"Kids" Tara said and went back to kissing.

"dude stop, youre scarring the kids" adhi said.

Me, Adhi and vivek were lying down on the terrace watching the stars. Vivek being the mother hen was lying between us, The child we never had.

"You know what we should do?" vivek suddenly asked.

"What?"

"We should steel our parent's booze stock" he smiled wickedly.

"Your parent's have a booze stock" Adhi was shocked.

"Yeah. I had forgot about that. A wedding home in Kerala might run out off many things, but alcohol is not one of them" I grinned.

"How do we steal it?" Adhi was stoked.

Vivek laughed "Yo love birds, " he called out to the kissing booth. their head popped up.

huh, so it wasn't just kissing going on there. I smiled to myself. Who is talking here? im much worse.

"You guys up for a alcohol heist?" He asked in a serious tone.

Arjun showed a thumps up and Tara shrieked.

I guess we are stealing then.

*******************************************************************

WANNA SEE THE LAYOUT MAYA MADE FOR TARA'S HALDI CHECK MY IG STORIES, IT WILL BE POSTED IN MY HIGHLIGHTS,

ALSO DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 11.6K 45
"Mom, I don't know what the heck I'm doing... I'm going to marry my sister's fiancé," I said, tears streaming down my face. "We can't do anything, be...
313K 13.1K 25
A marriage with no love. Will it do or divorce? Two people are bound into a relationship where Raghav knows he has to be married someday and doesn't...
2.3M 91.8K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...
20.2K 715 12
"Bend over on the table and spread your legs " he whispers into my ear huskily. I follow his command as i don't want him to get more angry , knowing...