First Wife, First Love.

By Karnavi55

0. Summary. [Arranged Marriages Series 0.5] She is his first wife and soon she turns out to be his first love... More

0. Characters.
1. Arya Malhotra.
2. Vedant Mehra
4. Old Friends.
5. Marriage Proposal.
6. First Meeting.
7. Save The Date.
8. So Much Shopping.
9. Happy Moments.
10. Engagement Day.
11. A Piece Of Past.
12. Mehandi & Sangeet.
13. Tied Forever.
14. Considerate Husband.
15. Silly Siblings.
16. Our Name.
17. Hold My Hand.
18. Balancing Relations.
19. A Little Closer.
20. One Kiss At A Time.
21. Good Habit.
22. Starting Somewhere.
23. Rakshabandhan Shock.
24. Insecurities.
25. Truth Unfold.
26. New Morning.
27. Shocking Applaud.
28. Living With Guilt.
29. BB & NN.
30. Romantic Hubby.
31. Falling For You.
32. All Yours.
33. Extended Honeymoon.
34. Just A Thought.
35. Family Dinner.
36. Little Argument
37. Opening Up.
38. Patching Up.
39. Beautiful Family.
40. Epilogue.
41. Epilogue-2.
Author's Note.

3. Failed Marriages.

17.5K 867 88
By Karnavi55

***Arya's Pov.***

I rock the chair that I am sitting on as I caress Veer's head. He is laying on my chest asleep with his thumb still in his mouth. It has been a month since the divorce papers have come to our door.

*One Month Ago.....*

"But didn't you tell her about living with us before getting married?" Mamu asks.

"I did. I said in simple words that I want to live with my family and work in my company only. She said we will think about it after marriage." Reyansh bhai says.

"Then why does she want a divorce?" Mami asks as tears come to her eyes.

"Please drink some water, Mami." I say to Mami as I try to console her and make her drink some water.

"Everything was going well for a month. Then she started her tune again of getting a separate house and asking to move abroad as I have good scope there. I told her again and again that I want to invest my talents in my own family's company. Why do I work for someone else when it can benefit me and my family." Reyansh bhai says looking at Mamu.

"Is there no way this relationship could be saved?" I ask bhai as I know he loves bhabhi.

"No. If she had not said the things she said yesterday I would have gone and asked her to come back. But no. I will not bring her back to destroy the peace of my family. I thought she understood me but the only thing she understands is money and privacy and no family. Caring for family is cowardly behavior in her eyes." Reyansh bhai says and looks towards me then looks away.

I finally understood what Jagvi bhabhi had said. She must have been telling bhai about me. Everybody praising me must have gotten on her nerves as I don't let her do much. She doesn't like working at home so I always make excuses for her. But I don't know why she dislikes me.

"Now what do we do?" Nanu says.

"I will divorce her but not let her take a penny from here. She threatened me that she would make me pauper if I didn't return to her and live separately with her." Reyansh bhai says and anger is clear in his eyes.

"Come with me. I already messaged Mr. Sen. He will help us." Shaurya bhai says and takes Reyansh bhai from the house. Parth bhai takes Mami and Dadi to their rooms.

"Arya?" Mamu asks and I look at him.

"Yes, Mamu. Do you need anything?" I ask.

"Why don't you go and check on Veer?" Mamu asks and that means they want some privacy to talk about something.

"Ok Mamu but if both of you need anything, please tell me. Okay?" I ask.

"Okay, dear. Now go." Mamu says and I start going for the back garden but stop when I hear mention of my mother.

"First Sakshi then Shaurya and now Reyansh. What is happening to my kids? One after another they got divorced. At first my daughter, Sakshi got betrayed and died of cancer. Then Priya divorced Shaurya and has not even looked at her son even though she has gotten visit rights. Now Reyansh is getting divorced with Jagvi." Nanu says.

"It is not their fault Dad. They all just love their family too much. We have always taught them the value of family and told them family is everything. They are right at some point but they are wrong only in one thing. Getting married to people they love. It is not bad to love but they should have looked past it to see the character of the person they are marrying." Mamu says as he sits beside Nanu.

"I am done with having a love marriage in our house. Arranged marriages are at least better. Slowly but gradually the relationship between husband and wife becomes strong as they come to know their likes and dislikes. It also gives them time to know their family." Nanu says.

"You are right Dad." Mamu says.

"I have decided that we are moving back to Shimla and from now onwards I will decide who gets married to whom. That's it." Nanu says as he gets up from the chair with anger on her face.

"As you say, Dad." Mamu says as he gets up and looks at Nanu respectfully.

I walk away from there deep in thoughts but when I hear Veer's cry, I go towards him. I take Veer from his nanny and start playing with him to divert his mind.

After Veer sleeps, I hear from Parth bhai that divorce process has started already and I come back to my room. I don't know what to say. Are love marriages bound to fail? Or just people are not working on the relationship more?

It does not the matter which marriage you do but you have to be patient and loving towards not only your husband but also the family you have entered. That is what Mami taught me. And she is right. None of my bhabhis have ever worked to talk or be with us. And we in turn have done everything possible to make them feel comfortable.

And now we have to move back to Shimla. We have been living in Patiala for a few years but our actual home is there. It is our second home. But maybe going to Shimla would at least take us away from the bad memories.

At night, I made sure everyone had dinner. Then after having dinner go to sleep. But the thought of marriage doesn't let me sleep. I trust Nanu. I know he will choose the best husband for me. And unlike my bhabhis I will try my level best to be a good wife and also good daughter in law for the family.

*Present Day.....*

So here we are in Shimla now. Two weeks ago, Reyansh bhai and Jagvi applied for divorce and got divorced immediately after that as they mutually wanted it. Jagvi bhabhi didn't get anything except for the fees of divorce from bhai as Mr. Sen proved that bhai has no obligation towards Jagvi as she asked for divorce.

The next two weeks, we tied up the loose ends in Patiala and just two days ago moved here to Shimla. This time in May as the summer is going away it is very beautiful.

Soon it will be monsoon and winter. I love our Shimla home. It is at the mountain with such a beautiful view. Also it is just five to ten minutes away from the locality. A knock comes at my door and in comes Shaurya bhai with a smile as he looks at us.

"My two babies are relaxing, huh?" He says as he sits beside me and looks at Veer.

"He loves sleeping in anyone's arms as long as they are on the rocking chair." I say as I smile and remove the thumb from Veer's mouth.

"Are you okay?" He asks me with worry on his face.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I ask in return.

"Just asking. Can't I just ask casually?" Shaurya bhai asks.

"Of course you can. I am fine. How is Reyansh bhai?" I ask.

"You know him. Once he gets busy with other things he forgets everything else. And we are there for him so no worries." Bhai says to assure me.

"I hope he will be okay. He is such a nice man. Any woman would be lucky to be his wife. He is so caring and honest. I don't know how Jagvi didn't see it even after being with him for 2 years." I say.

"I know. But what about me? Am I not all those things? You mean to say no woman would be lucky to get me?" Bhai says as he shows me his fake anger.

"All my brothers are the best and I know they will soon get a life partner who would be just like what my brother's like and also a bit more loving towards me." I say and I see a sad smile on bhai's face.

"I don't think I could marry again. Once was enough and I don't want to ruin Veer's life by choosing a woman who would not even love him as her son. No, I am not marrying ever again." Shaurya bhai says with a serious face as he looks at Veer relaxed sleeping face.

"What if you meet a girl who would love Veer like a mother. God knows that he owes Veer a mother and I know soon he will get her. Then you will get jealous that she loves Veer more than you." I say as I get up to put Veer in the crib.

"I don't think it is possible that a woman like that exists. But if it does then I wouldn't mind her being Veer's Mom then my wife. You say what kind of husband you want?" Bhai says.

"Me? Hmm... I don't know." I say as I think about it.

"Something you want him to do? Or something he should be?" Bhai asks.

"I want him to be honest and kind. He should be very close to his family and caring towards them. The one who will be there for his family and me when we need him the most. I want someone who would respect me and understand me. Someone like that." I say.

"Oh! Fine, I will tell Dad beforehand to find someone like that for our Aru." Bhai says and I hug him to hide my blush and he laughs.

After our little talk, I go into my room and look at some designs I made for Nanu and Nani's new cottage. It is actually a colony of cottages near a beautiful lake. Every cottage is at some distance from others and has plants and small trees surrounding every cottage, so it can also give them some privacy.

It is Nani's birthday's secret surprise from Nanu. I have yet to see the cottage but tomorrow Nanu and I are going on a secret mission. I am just jotting down Nani's favorite things and colors.

After completing my work, I go down to make dinner. As Mami and Nani are gone to meet our relatives who are here. In Patiala, we have many relatives but in our village we have an even bigger group of relatives. In Shimla, Mami's cousins only live.

I decided to treat my family today. So I make Dal Makhani for Dadi and Mamu. Then Chole Bhature for Shaurya bhai, Kadai Paneer for Mami, Gajar Halwa for Reyansh bhai and Dadu and Phirni for Parth. The helper helps me a bit in chopping and other stuff while I make it.

"Oh my God! You are an angel, Arya. I was dying of hunger. Finally something to eat. Everything is aromatic. You made my favorites too. Phirni. Where are your hands? Let me kiss them and show my gratitude towards my sweet sister." Parth says dramatically and I give my hands to him and he kisses it then sits down for dinner.

Parth and I are of same age. He is just five months older than me. Soon everybody joins the dining table for dinner and praises me a lot. After dinner, Reyansh bhai goes out and brings my favorite ice cream.

"Why this? I already ate so many things." I ask Reyansh bhai as I eat my ice cream.

"Because it is your favorite. You made our favorite dishes. I know I can't cook but I can bring your favorite things at least." Reyansh bhai says and smiles as he and my other brothers also eat ice creams.

My brothers are really very caring towards me. They always know what I want and if I like something that thing would be in front of me that day only. I am so lucky that I have them.

After that, Nanu and I discuss some plans as we walk in the gardens. I take him to my room and show him some things I finalized according to the blueprint he sent me. I told him we have to visit the cottage, so I can make necessary changes.

We decided to leave tomorrow in the mid morning when everybody would be busy. Also tomorrow we have to go for Nanu's check up so I will accompany him.

As I go to sleep I feel something. Something different like tomorrow is going to be... the start of something. I don't know what but whatever it is, it is good for sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 19.7K 46
An Indian arranged marriage love story. Like my first one this one has a new challenge. This girl here is different. Another gleaming image of confi...
691K 25.5K 36
Pranit Verma-A successful self-made businessman ,specifically a hoteiler. He runs a chain of hotels in India as well as in some foreign countries. A...
380K 14.3K 40
BILLIONAIRE × DOCTOR (Marriage series- arranged marriage) English × hindi dialogues ~•••••••~ ~•••••••~ The minute I heard my first love, I sta...
4.7M 239K 150
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...