Seventeen "The Bad Boys Serie...

By missauthorC

Responsible for her father's debt, Ghide was sold to Yoon Jeonghan and was forced to sign a slave contract wi... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 "Fearless Woman"
Chapter 2 "Slave Contract"
Chapter 3 "The Idiot Brother"
Chapter 4 "Unique Thief, Weird Maid"
Chapter 5 "Red Panty"
Chapter 6 "Don't Trust Anybody"
Chapter 7 "The Woman I Loved"
Chapter 8 "Imperfect Life"
Chapter 9 "Sudden Empathy"
Chapter 10 "Someone I Should Hate"
Chapter 11 "Outside The Playground"
Edited
Chapter 12 "She's Cute?"
Chapter 13 "Not The Right Time To Feel This"
Chapter 14 "Mission Possible"
Chapter 15 "In the Middle of Denying"
Chapter 16 "His Hand"
Chapter 17 "Us Under The Rain"
Chapter 18 "Wrong Emotion"
Chapter 19 "Cat And Her"
Chapter 20 "Memories of Last Night"
Chapter 21 "Things on his Mind"
Chapter 22 "Fish in the Tank"
Chapter 23 "Confusion"
(Edited)
(Edited)
(edited)
Chapter 25.1 "The Weird Pair"
Chapter 25.2 "The Weird Pair"
Chapter 26.1 "Not Someone Who Deserves my Explanation"
Chapter 26.2 "Not Someone Who Deserves My Explanation"
Chapter 27.1 "Tough Servant"
Chapter 27.2 "Tough Servant"
Chapter 28 "Handsome Men"
Chapter 29 "Tormenting Her For Fun"
Chapter 30.1 "Third Party's Guest"
Chapter 30.2 "Third Party's Guest"
Chapter 31 "Mixed Emotions"
Chapter 32"Villain's Fear"
Chapter 33 "Busy Life"
Chapter 34.1 "Wrong Choice"
Chapter 34.2 "Wrong Choice"
Chapter 35 "Confession"
Chapter 36 "His First"
Chapter 37 "Pulling you Closer"
Chapter 38 "He's probably dating someone"
Chapter 39 "Family"
Chapter 40 "Band-Aids"
Chapter 41 "Not Allowed to be in Pain"
Chapter 42 "Milk Bottle"
Chapter 43 "Reminds me of you"
Chapter 44 "Laptop's Owner"
Chapter 45 "I don't Know But..."
Chapter 46 "MeloDrama"
Chapter 47 "Opening his heart"
Chapter 48 "Slaves of Misfortunes"
Chapter 49 "Choices"
Chapter 50 "Don't waste your time"
Chapter 51 "I hate you But..."
Chapter 52 "My anxiousness towards you"
Chapter 53 "Far from the World"
Chapter 54.1 "You and I can't"
Chapter 54.2 "You and I can't"
Please read!

Chapter 24 "Juice"

1.6K 68 17
By missauthorC

As soon as Junhui entered his friend's house, he heard a piercing shout for him. His friend, who looks like an aggressive crocodile, came rushing to him. If he has a horn in his head, he might had already bulldozed Junhui with it.

"Ghide pooped in my shoes!" his friend complained. He is referring at the stray cat from the street that Junhui took and brought in his friend's house.

Weirdly, when Junhui heard that the cat, which was named after his brother's maid, he has an odd imagination of the real human Ghide pooping in the shoes.

"Pfft...!" Junhui laughed all of a sudden, on which made his friend murmured word of his craziness.

"Do you think it's funny?"

Wiping his wet eyes, Junhui answered, "Yeah."

"HA HA HA," his friend, Michael, gave a fake laugh, before he pointed the troublesome that is currently biting and scratching the sofa. "That's funny?"

Junhui pretended he didn't see a thing. Then he uttered, "She's cute."

"Cute my ass! I bought my shoes for $500!"

"My shoes are $2000."

"You....!"

"Ahhh stop being so noisy!" Junhui shook his ear with his forefinger. "Don't you feel guilty for shouting at me when I was away for a long time?"

"Sadly, I don't. TAKE YOUR CAT AWAY. PLEASE, DUDE."

"I can't," Junhui said, sighing. He sat on the couch and looked at the black and white cat, which stopped as soon it laid its eyes on the handsome long-legged man who took her out of the box. "I don't have my own place. My brother is allergic to cats."

Michael rolled his eyes. He, therefore, suggested, "Then bring it at any veterinary shop."

"Are you crazy? I don't like to carry a cat. People think I'm a cute guy who loves cute pet."

"THEN....! Why did you take it at the first place?" With excessive had gestures which show his annoyance, Michael inquired his friend's intention.

Once again, Junhui met the little kitten's round eyes. He took the cat because he pities it. Moreover, the notes that Ghide has written on the box, "Please take me. If no one would, who will?" was also the main reason why.

'It's her fault,' Junhui unknowingly blaming everything to the human Ghide.

"I'm begging you, Junhui. Take your cat away. NOW," Michael warned as he pointed the direction of the door.

To answer him, Junhui took out his wallet. "$500 per month."

"Do you think you can buy me with money?"

"$1000."

"I'll take care of your cat, sir," Michael suddenly agreed as the tails of his lips soared up. He looked at the cat and sweetly called her, "Hey kitty kitty~ It's time to feed you." Michael carried the cat in gentle way. "Why is our Ghide so cutie patotie?"

"Meow."

"Awww, you are so..."

Michael stopped when he felt a warm liquid on his chest.

"Oh? W-What is this?"

He looked down and saw his limited-edition Guess shirt that was wetted with the cat's pee.

"MY SHIRT! GODDAMIT! JUNHUI, I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF TH..."

"$1500."

Michael's rage subsided. Carrying the cat on his arms, he forced a smile on his lips and murmured, "It's okay, Ghide. Uncle Michael can understand you." He glared at Junhui before he took the cat on the way to the kitchen.

Chuckling, Junhui looked at the wall clock above the Television and saw that its hands pointed to half past five in the afternoon.

"Did she go back home already?" Junhui murmured.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Michael, who has a strange strong hearing ability, shouted from the kitchen.

"I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU!" Junhui answered. Then he stared upon the clock again.

This late morning, Ghide went out of the condominium, saying she'll take a breather because it's holiday. However, Junhui couldn't help but to feel anxious about this. Then he realized that he just unconsciously got worried at someone he should not.

'Wait a minute. Why am I worrying about her?'

Last night's event flashed back into his mind as he looked for the answer of his anxiousness:

Yesterday, after Junhui brought the cat to Michael's house, he went to the convenience store to buy a citrus juice that's good for sick person. He didn't know why he bought it, though. But when he entered the condominium building, he decided to throw it in a good way.

'I'll throw this to that idiot maid,' he said to himself while opening the door of the condo. As soon as he entered, he heard his brother's terrified voice. Next, he saw the unconscious young lad in his brother's arms.

"Ghide! Ghide! Can you hear me?"

"Hmmm," unconscious Ghide groaned. A heavy sweat bedewed her forehead, trying to open her eyes when she could not, she knitted her brows as if she's in deep pain.

"Shit!" Joshua cursed, slightly trembling.

Looking at the situation before his eyes, Junhui was alarmed by a terrible shock that he almost lost his balance. It followed with a hot fear on his blood where a moment before had been only a chill of horror.

"B-Brother..." Junhui called Joshua. He just hated himself at this moment, because he sounds so coward who did nothing but to stare at the circumstances.

"Junhui!" Joshua gasped. "Ghide lost her consciousness. Go call a doctor!"

"Y-Yeah." Junhui hastily got his phone from his pocket, with his hands in immense tremor. When he was dialing their family's private doctor, he made few mistakes dialing the number.

After succeeding on dialing the doctor's number, Johneey put the phone on his ears.

'Ring ring ring.'

He bit his lip firmly while waiting for the other line to receive his call.

[Hello? Young master Junhui?]

"Doctor Bill! Hurry and come..." Junhui stopped in the middle of his report when he saw that Joshua carried Ghide in bridal way. Joshua flicked from side to side, as he searched for her room while catching his breath. And his expression? It was as if he was being chased by a pack of wolves.

'Brother... really likes her,' Junhui realized.

"What are you doing?!" Joshua shouted at Junhui, while carrying Ghide. "Tell the doctor to come quickly!"

Snapped out of his shout, Junhui gulped the lump on his throat and continued his report.

"Come here at Joshua's condominium. And prepare an emergency vehicle just in case," Junhui said to the elite doctor from his uncle's hospital.

Doctor came to Joshua's condominium. Fortunately, Ghide's situation isn't as grave as Junhui thought.

"It's over fatigue," Junhui heard doctor Bill from outside of Ghide's room.

Somehow, he couldn't bring himself to come in because he felt guilty. There were times when he purposely made Ghide's job as a maid very difficult. To tease her, he deliberately spilled the milk in the kitchen. Not only that, he even stained his undergarments and the bed sheets with his s*men, because he knew she'll be to embarrass to wash those.

So he partly blaming himself that she fell sick because of his antics.

'All I want is for her to stay away from my brother,' he defended himself, even though he knew that this doesn't makes sense.

"You don't need to worry," the doctor continued. Junhui looked at the closed door and continued listening in secret at the doctor's findings. "I already gave her a medicine so she'll feel better tomorrow."

Hearing that she had sustained no major problem in her health, the shock on Junhui nerves had passed away quite harmlessly.

'Thank goodness,' he said inwardly, sighing.

"The medicine will make her dizzy at the process so if she wakes up, either she needs to drink water or take a pee, please look over your girlfriend."

The smile on Junhui's lips has vanished when he heard the doctor's speculation at Joshua's relationship with Ghide. His hand clutched around the citrus juice that he bought from the convenience store.

'It's okay. Brother will definitely deny the accusation,' Junhui believed. However...

"Yes, I will take care of her," Joshua answered at the doctor.

Junhui's eyes widened as soon as he heard his brother's answer. Encountering the shock, he felt the rapid beats of his pulse as he dropped the juice that he was holding. It fell on his feet and rolled under the sofa.

Her heard the footsteps which were coming closer and so, Junhui hurriedly flee. He entered his own room, closed the door and leaned his back against on it.

In the dark, he came into a realization. He realized why he bought the citrus juice from the convenience store.

'It is because I am worried about her,' he admitted. 'I got worried when I don't have the rights to. Damn it.'

------------------------------

Ghide's POV

Before coming inside sir Joshua's condominium, I browsed on Go*gle on different ways to quietly enter the house. All results have "Ways to break into the house" which is for burglars. In the end, I closed my phone and entered the condo in my usual way.

I looked every corner before stepping in.

'The coast is clear, roger,' the left part of my brain reported.

Tiptoeing as if I don't want to wake up a monster, I successfully passed through the living room without making too much sounds. Phew~

'But you aren't sure if Joshua is not here,' right part of my brain reminded me.

That's right. I need to be careful. My plan is to cook the dinner, hide inside my room, wait for him to finish his meal, go outside, wash the dishes alone, go back to my room and sleep.

'This plan sounds very familiar.'

Anyway, I have to make sure not to appear in front of him tonight. I knew there's no point in avoiding him because we're living under the same roof. But I am still not ready to meet him after I said those stupid things about masturbating.

'Should I just dig a hole and die?'

No. Before this, I experienced a lot of trouble such as getting chased by the loan shark owner, sold as slave, fight with the school's gangster, etc...

'I'm sure I can also surpass this hurdle.'

With a force smile on my lips, I raised my leg and made a step forward. But after my first step, the door of Joshua's office opened at the same time.

"..."

"..."

A moment ago, I was so sure that I can surpass that. I WAS REALLY SURE.

But when the fresh pleasant smell that is clean like white sheet, clear like the blue sky, refreshing as the sea breeze and sweet as dew drop, penetrated into my nose, fear washed over me, raising the fine hairs on the back of my neck.

I wanted to run and flee, but my feet would not allow me to do so, for every muscle froze in the spot. The pulse that was beating so loud in my ears, blocked all other sound except his breath.

"Where did you go?' his husky voice that sucked every air from my mouth.

'What should I do? Where is all of the confidence I had before I entered inside?!'

Looking at the blank space, I remembered the quotes I accidentally read somewhere when I was browsing at the internet. It says: 'The embarrassment is temporary, tomorrow they'll be onto another thing, so walk in there as if all was right in your world and soon it will be.'

It is really perfect for my situation. Don't know how the hell did I remember it, though. Maybe it's due to the adrenaline rush that's flowing in my nerves right now.

I stretched the corner of my lips and looked back at sir Joshua. He's very tall, so when I felt the pain on my nape, I'm not sure if it because I quickly got tired on looking upon him or because the stress level has reached my brain through my spinal cord.

"H-Hello, sir. Good evening. How's your day?"

"..."

He didn't answer and just kept on staring at me.

'Okay. This is so awkward. Badly need help, SOS.'

I felt the sweat ran down on my back while I am waiting for his response. Somehow, it reminded me of the situation I had with mister Jeonghan before. After we ate at the restaurant, he was all so quiet inside the car. It also awkward that I even counted how many times gulped my saliva.

'Is he really mad? But it was only an accident when I burped in front of his face.'

On the second thought, if I'll put myself in his place, I will also get mad if someone burped in front my face.

'Then, isn't it might also be the case in sir Joshua?!'

If I'll put myself in his place, I will also get mad if someone asked me if I am mast*rbating.

'I think I should really die this time. Yes. Let's die.'

"You're blocking the pathway."

"Huh?"

I lifted my eyes to the man who said that I am blocking his way. After some blinking, I quickly stepped back.

"S-Sorry, sir."

Sir Joshua moved forward as if nothing happened. 'That's weird. I expected to hear some piercing curses about last night's incident.'

"Sir!" I called.

Sir Joshua stopped walking but he didn't look back.

"A-About last night," I stuttered while fidgeting my fingers. "Actually, I don't remember anything."

During my first year in senior high, I made a writing essay about "Reasons why Lying is bad." And I won the competition. Father always tell that if I lied, then I am avoiding the truth and I won't progress as a person. Then, what happens if I forgot what I had lied about? I'll be out of luck in the future.

So I need to apologize to my dead father and for my past self who wrote a righteous piece about lying. Because no matter where I looked at, lying that I forgot everything is the only choice I have so I face sir Joshua.

"You don't remember anything?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Y-Yes."

"Hmmmm," he hummed. "Well, nothing much happened. You came home with high fever. Then you went to your room and fell asleep."

I knitted at my brows at Joshua's story. That's not what I remembered. Or... Maybe, the memories that I remembered are just dreams; because it's impossible for Sir Joshua to lie about this!

"If you don't have anything to say anymore, I'll go now," sir Joshua said, pointing the kitchen.

"Y-Yes sir! I don't have anything to say!"

Finally, a sense of relief knocked on my heart. I guess I worried for nothing. Darn dream. Why am I dreaming useless things nowadays?

Sir Joshua entered the kitchen while I caressed my chest. Smiling widely, I was about to go inside my room to change a pair of clothes. But I saw a canned juice beneath the couch.

'That looks yummy.'

I picked up the citrus juice then entered my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
282K 9.6K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
191K 6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
223K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...