A Little Help from a Snake...

By onyxjay

(Aka the Tomalongadingdong™ fic) It was a normal day for Harry. He woke up, made breakfast for his relatives... More

Before You Read
0: Prologue
1: The Letter*
2: And They Were Soulmates*
3: All Aboard!*
4: Getting Sorted Out
5: Severus Snape
Part 6*
7: Dobby
8: Train Has Left the Station*
9: Ripping and Tearing is Kinky
10: The Legendary Chamber*
11: Lockhart is Still Alive
12: Diary of a Teenage Voldemort
13: Thnks fr th Mmrs*
15: The "Rescue"*
16: Going Down Like a Lead Balloon
17: A Grim Tale
18: Diagon Alley*
19: Lone Wolf*
20: This Is What You Came For, Isn't It?
21: Mapped Out
22: Monster in the Wardobe
23: Snape Adopts a Teenage Dark Lord
24: Tiny Blond Fucker
25: The Man Who Cried Werewolf*
Part 26*
Part 27
28: Dun Dun Dun!
Part 29*
Part 30*
Part 31
Part 32*
33: Harry the Heinous*
34: A Serious Discussion About Gas
35: Finally Fourteen
36: Something of a Riddle
Part 37
38: Raining on One's Parade
Part 39
Part 40
41: Cliffhanger in Part 40
42: Can I Get a Fuck No!
43: Calmly™
Part 44
45: The Skrewts Started the Fire
Part 46
47: Sixteen Going on Seventeen
Part 48
49: Caught Six-Legged
50: Snape, Snape, Swearverus Snape
Part 51
Part 52
53: Baby, It's Cold Outside*
Part 54
Part 55
56: The Lion, the Witch, the Audacity of This Bitch
Part 57
Part 58
(Somewhat) Updated Reading Checkpoint
59: Caught Pink-Handed!
Part 60
61: Spring Has Arrived
Part 62*
Part 63
64: Back Home
65: Ding Dong! Tomalonga is Back!
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
69: The Party for the Bonding Ceremony
70: The Actual Bonding Ceremony
71: The Aftermath of the Bonding Ceremony
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Epilogue
Thank You! (Again)

14: The Nicknames Begin*

22.2K 910 404
By onyxjay

Revised: January 21, 2022

Changed a few lines to match the previous changes I've made. Will also be revising Part 15.

Please be in the correct order...

——————————

Tom closed his eyes with relish as he held his soulmate for the first time. For fifty years, he had been stuck in that damn diary. Fifty years of longing for human contact. Of dread for what the future held for his Harry. He had guaranteed that Dumbledore would have taken measures to prevent him from being born and, if that failed, to prevent him from ever finding out about his relation with Tom. Yet here he was, face buried in Tom's robes as he processed what he had learned.

After several long moments, Harry lifted his head. "How have you coped for so long?" he asked.

"Mostly a desire for vengeance," said Tom. "When Ginny came around, I had decided I would use her to get my body back."

"It's no wonder she's been acting strange," said Harry. "She's hardly looked at me in the past week."

"How did you find out about the soul bond anyway?" And how did Dumbledore not find out he knew?

"Gringotts," Harry replied. "We found that there had been blocks and compulsions put on me, so I had them removed. After that, the parchment revealed the bond." He paused. "What did Ginny write about me?"

"Not much." Harry raised his eyebrows, surprised, Tom continued. "She knows she doesn't have a chance with you, but she does want to get to know you better. Oh, and it seems like she's one of the few Gryffindors who don't believe you opened the Chamber. In fact, she's worried you'll be attacked." Because she feels responsible, he added silently with a flicker of guilt.

Harry snorted. "Well, that might explain why she was following me around before. But there must be a way we can get you back without hurting her or anyone else."

"There may be something down in the Chamber," Tom mused. At Harry's confused look, he clarified. "There's a library back there. Athanasia guards it."

"Athanasia? Who's that?"

"She's Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk," Tom explained.

'Basilisk?' A dark shape poked out from behind Harry. It was a snake, and as Tom watched, it uncoiled itself and situated itself on the floor beside Harry, gazing up at Tom with its tail lashing excitedly.

"A basilisk?" Harry echoed, not at all perturbed by the snake that had seemingly appeared out of thin air. His eyes darkened. "Everyone that's been petrified had been lucky they haven't looked in her eyes directly," he said more to himself.

Tom nodded in agreement. Ginny had told him of the first petrification, so he had ordered Athanasia to be more careful. It hadn't worked.

'I wanna see! I wanna see!' The snake was now slithering around Harry in excited loops.

"This must be Azure," said Tom.

Azure stopped circling Harry and raised her head proudly. 'That's me.'

"Careful," Harry said as Tom leaned down and stroked her head. "She takes pleasure in insulting people she likes."

'You'd better watch your mouth, Tart-boy, or else I'll leave another dead mouse in your bed.'

Tom let out a laugh, smiling down at the snake. 'I like you.'

'No need to feed into her ego,' Harry said, a smile crossing his own face.

'Keep feeding my ego,' Azure argued. 'It's starving.'

"How do I get in to the Chamber?" Harry asked, changing the subject.

"Stand in front of the sink and say 'Open' in Parseltongue. It'll open and you'll go down the slide. Or ask for stairs."

'Slide? I want to go down the slide!' Azure turned to Harry and jabbed her tail in his shoulder. 'Never use the stairs to go down or else...'

Harry just raised an eyebrow at his companion. 'You're really enjoying this.'

If snakes could shrug, Azure probably would have done so. 'Slides are cool.'

'And you are a child in a snake body,' Harry retorted.

Azure didn't try to deny it, just stuck her tongue out.

"All right, then. Tomorrow morning before breakfast."

Tom nodded. "Then I shall see you then," he said, and then Harry was back in his dorm, falling off his bed. Somehow, Azure managed to stay on.

At the same time, Draco entered the dorm. "You all right?" he said, looking down at his friend who was tangled up in the bedsheets on the floor.

"Yeah," said Harry, sitting up and trying to act normal.

He failed.

And Azure just laughed at him until she fell of the bed as well.  Then she continued laughing.

'Open,' Harry hissed as he stood in front of the sink. Slowly, it opened, revealing the slide Tom had mentioned.

'Look out below!' Azure squealed before throwing herself down the pipe. Rolling his eyes fondly at his familiar, Harry followed. They continued down until they came across a wall with stone snakes that seemed to stare right back at him. 'Open,' he repeated and went through.

He removed the diary from his robes. "All right, I'm here."

Tom materialized in front of him. He looked very smug as Harry looked around the vast space. "Athanasia. She won't... you know, try to kill me if you call her, will she?"

Tom shook his head. "No, she won't. Did you know that a basilisk's gaze is not fatal to Parselmouths?"

"No." Now Harry was really interested in seeing her for himself.

Chuckling at the raw excitement in Harry's eyes, Tom stepped forward and hissed, 'Speak to me, Slytherin, greatest of the Hogwarts Four.'

Out of the mouth came a giant serpent, hissing as it spotted Harry.

'Don't hurt him,' Tom said. 'He is my soulmate.'

'Soulmate?' The basilisk moved closer, hostility vanishing. Harry was looking directly into her large yellow eyes, but as Tom had said, he was unaffected.

'Yes, I'm Harry Potter.'

'Harry Potter.' She seemed to be scrutinizing him. 'You are a small one.'

Harry suddenly felt very self conscious of his shorter height compared to Tom. Tom was already taller than an average sixteen-year-old, but Harry would bet that he would always be at least four inches shorter than him. 'It's not my fault I hadn't always eaten enough,' he muttered mutinously.

Behind him, Tom scowled a little at that. He hadn't really paid much attention to their height difference, but looking closer he could see that Harry wasn't just short; he was skinny. Not overly so, but it was clear years of malnutrition had stunted his growth. Whoever did this would pay.

He glanced at Azure. She didn't speak, just gazed back with a sad expression.

Unaware of Tom's thoughts, Harry reached up and stroked Athanasia's nose.

Azure peeked out from behind Harry's leg and approached. 'Greetings. My name is Azure.'

Athanasia lowered her great head to gaze at Azure. 'Another snake.' She sounded pleased. 'It's been so long since I've spoken to another one.'

'Tom not good enough?' Harry teased, grinning when Tom gave him a look.

'Tomling's fine, but he is still not my kind.'

Harry looked at Tom, who looked like he had swallowed a lemon. "Tomling?"

'If it makes you feel better,' Azure said cheekily, 'I call Harry hatchling.'

'Better than Tomling,' Tom groused.

"All right, enough fooling around," Harry said. "What are we going to do about all this? Dumbledore keeps subtly insisting I'm the one behind these attacks —"

"As if he doesn't know the truth," Tom scoffed.

"True." An idea was forming in Harry's mind, but he didn't know if it would work.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Tom enquired.

"I think I know how we can end this whole Chamber fiasco and make it look like Dumbledore's plans are working."

Tom's eyes lit up. "Let's hear it."

Hey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 19.9K 57
Voldemort didn't just give Harry some of his powers that night. He gave him all his memories. With them, his allies,and his friends Harry shall chang...
695K 17.6K 49
"No, please just hear me out hon" She is still sobbing. I'm trying my best not to give up on her or atleast not to wiped her tears I hate seeing you...
199K 4.6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
46K 1.8K 36
!! Currently Editing!! After event of 2012's Avengers ,loki was send Asgard with thor , After 2 year something happens in Asgard ,that why Loki send...