His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 5

4.7K 112 6
By luna8406

Check in, how are you?
I've been watching Shadowhunters and daaaaamn jace is really hot yall.

Hope:

I dressed way more out of my usual style today. I wore dark jeans with a green floral tank top covered in pink flowers. Over it I had a white sweater and wore a necklace that looked like a dreamcatcher with three charms dangling from it. I paired it all with brown heeled boots. It was a cool windy day in Forks. Being up north, especially in September, the weather is shifting from summer to autumn. Today is one of those autumn days, so I dressed warmly. Plus, I don't normally look as cute as today.

I'd only been in Forks for about three or four days. I still spend my nights in my motel. Edward and Bella's drama takes a bit of a toll on me because I was called by Carlisle and if we're being technical, Jasper too, to protect Renesmee from the Volturi. My real concern is protecting her from her mother.
Bella's fallen off the wagon learning Edward doesn't want to be with her because I'm his mate. I believe she's potentially dangerous for all of us, even the Quileutes. Edward's explained her relationship with them to me. She's quite close with them because Billy, Jacob's dad, is close friends with Bella's dad, Charlie. And because of her friendship with Jacob, she's friends with the packs.

I entered the Cullens' house, and instantly caught the scent of wolves. Following the scents, I was lead to the upstairs living room that was located on the third floor. Sam, the alpha of the Uley pack, and the other members turned and faced me.
Sam nodded his head as a formal way of greeting me. Paul just gave me an icy glare. The other wolves simply remained silent and kept their expressions towards me neutral. Leah and Seth were here with their alpha, Jacob. Seth ran up to me and hugged me. Seth's only fourteen, and we haven't talked much but I like him. He's kind and welcoming, and always sees the good in people unless they're a threat to those close to him. He reminds me of me when I was younger. Leah just gave me a nod, like Sam. And Jacob, well, he's Jacob.

"What's going on?" I realized that if all the wolves were here, this was serious. I hadn't been called in for an emergency, but I think it's good I drove over here early this morning.

"Bella has Renesmee, and we can't find her." Carlisle explains.

"We searched pack territory, the beach, and Charlie's house. He got a call from Bella this morning saying she'd be out of town for a bit and that it was a last moment decision, so he wouldn't be suspicious if we came asking questions about where she's at. She played this smart." Sam added on to Carlisle's news.

"Well who was watching Ness?" I ask.

"Jacob." Edward replies. I had half a mind to go over there and detach his esophagus from his throat, but remained standing where I was and managed to calm down.

"Jake, I have a feeling she's about to beat your ass." Seth chuckled, earning a hit in the arm from Leah.

"Language." Leah scolded him.
Jacob rolled his eyes and ignored Seth's comment. But he kept eyeing me. He seriously still thought I was a threat? Especially after the wolves attacked me first? I simply fought back in self defense.

"We've all tried calling Bella, just goes to voicemail." Esme says worriedly.

"Where would she go? She has no friends that are vampires." Rose asks. Then something dawned on me, and I suddenly had an idea of places she could be.

"No, but she has human friends. You all went to the same high school right?"

"Hope, you're the smartest person ever." Edward says. "Let's go, we're bringing my daughter back home."
Edward leads us into town and towards one of Bella's friends houses. He said we'd first go to Angela's. As a human, Angela was considered Bella's best friend due to her kind and gentle nature, meaning if Bella was to go to any of her friends for hiding, Angela should be the first one she goes to.

We parked our cars and got out. The packs rode with some of us, it was daylight and we couldn't risk being seen using our powers so we had to drive if we wanted to get here fast instead of walking.

"Everyone besides Rose, Emmett, Jasper, and Alice, stay in the cars." Edward says as he and his siblings walk up to the door. Edward knocked and the door opened.

"Edward." A soft voice said. She must be Angela.

"Is Bella here?" He asked.

"No, why?"

"Nothing, thank you for your time." Edward replied politely.
We checked the houses of Bella's other human friends. Bella wasn't with any of them. I thought she would've run to them for hiding but she may be smarter than we thought.

We went back to the Cullens' house, and sat in the living room defeated. We didn't know anywhere else she could be.
We were stuck here with no plan, no information, while Bella was out there somewhere with Edward's daughter.

"Edward I'm sorry." I tell him, I felt like my coming here was entirely useless if I couldn't do the one thing asked of me. Asked of me by Jasper. I feel like I'm letting him down, all of them.

"For what?"

"For being wrong. I thought Bella would run to her human friends but she didn't and I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about." He replies. I felt the connection of the mate bond surging through me as I looked into his gold eyes. I broke the connection bringing us back to reality, and looked immediately away.

"He is right, ya know. It was a pretty damn good thought, even if it turned out to be incorrect." That calming, comforting southern accent told me. I felt a little bit better knowing they weren't mad at me for leading them to a dead end. We were now right back to where we started, no where.
And I doubt all of them weren't mad at me. Jake, Leah, and Paul, still seemed to not trust me. Which I can't understand, well Leah I can. She's closed off to almost everyone, so of course she has reason for her walls. But Jake and Paul have no reason to not trust me.

"Anyways," Paul interrupts the current conversation, "we need to think of something else. There has to be something somewhere that could give us a hint to where Bella has gone."

"For once I agree with Paul." I reply with a snarky smile, he just rolls his eyes at me in return. I know he doesn't like me one bit, but it's quite amusing to watch him being forced to behave under Sam's orders. He has no choice but to listen to alpha command.

"Not the time vamp." Jared snarls the word vamp with a disgusted tone. At this point, I was angry with these naive wolves.
I speed over to Jared, gripping his neck as he's pinned hardly to the wall.

"I've had enough of the disrespect. I'm here strictly because my closest friend asked me to be. Whether you like it or not, you wolves are forced to work with me regardless. True, I'm an outsider vampire but I'm also your best chance at defeating the Volturi. So all of you watch your damn tones with me or you'll find out what happens to those who challenge me." I hiss at him. When I'm finished getting my anger out, I release him. He drops to my feet gasping for air, and I proudly turn back around to the others.
"Anyone else?" When I received no answer, I added, "Good." Jasper raised his hand for a high five to which I gladly granted as I walked past him. His proud and soft smile made me feel better about my strained relationship with the wolves, at least some of them. Seth happily ran up and hugged me.

"I absolutely admire you Hope." He says excitedly. Seth was quite an adorable kid. I bent down a bit to talk levelly to him.

"I appreciate that, but you already have the best role model in your life Seth." I turned him around to face Leah. She seemed taken aback by the action.
"She's fierce, strong, and fights for what she believes is right. Your sister is your true admiration Seth."

Seeing his face light up as he walked over to her and they hugged warmed my heart. I'd never been so soft but these people have changed me. I finally see what it's like to have a family again, I just wish I still had mine.

Edward:

"How are you doing?" I ask Jacob as I joined him on the patio.

"Shouldn't you be with your leech girlfriend?"

"Don't go there Jake. And no. She's talking with Rose and Alice."

He sighed. "I'm not okay. I'm going crazy, Edward. My mind is racing, my heart is pounding, it's like I can hardly even breathe now. I'm shattered, feeling like it's my fault we can't find Nessie."

"It's okay Jacob, I can assure you we will find Renesmee. I will never give up looking for my little girl. And I don't blame you for Bella taking Renesmee, no one does."

"I do."
Jake leaves me and goes back inside. I'm now left alone with my thoughts. Hope was quite hot when she stood up for herself against the wolves. Paul, Quil, and Embry wanted to interfere but I and Sam told them to let Hope get her feelings out. If the wolves were going to constantly make their distrust open and honest, they should at least give Hope the chance to do the same. I'm glad Seth admires her, we all should. She's brave and bold, loyal and honorable. She's the one thing none of us are... Pure.

Hope you enjoyed! I'm going to go update TOP now. I'd been trying to write this chapter for like four days before I put everything on hold so I'm happy I finally finished it. With major editing to the storyline of this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
342K 11.2K 28
Milly Swan was the sweetest girl anyone would ever have the pleasure to meet. She was a breath of fresh air to anyone that came across her, and it wa...
49.5K 1K 14
Alethea was once a part of the Cullen Family. However, she mysteriously disappears. Centuries later, Renesmee is born. Noticing the similarities bet...
10.4K 192 8
Elina Swan, she used to be happy, fun, giggly, popular, and utterly beautiful. But 2 years ago, it all changed. She turned into a girl who is broken...