K/DA: The Reluctant Writer (M...

By powerhouse616

K-pop bands, clubs, high-rises, and. . . the looming threat of an eldritch nightmare? They didn't pay you eno... More

Silence
New and Old
First Day
K/DA
Don't Dance with the Demon
Devil's Advocate
Lights. Camera. Drama!
Truth: Part 1
Truth: Part 2
Pop/Stars
The Bitch Came Back
Call of Adventure: Part 1
Call of Adventure: Part 2
Homeward Bound
First Date

Bloody Nose

2.9K 57 28
By powerhouse616

Akali: Up!

Y/N: Owwwwwwwwww–what the fuck Akali? You didn't have to kick me!

Akali: You weren't getting up. We got places to be and people to see!

Y/N: Oh, right. We get to punch my cousin in his stupid face.

Akali: Bingo, so wake up sunshine!

She walked over to the window and flipped the blinds. You cringed and hissed as the deadly UV rays singed your vampire skin.

After your eyes adjusted to the blinding rays, you looked around your newly furbished room.

After talking with Ahri and the girls at dinner a couple of days ago, you had agreed to help them with their little project for the next couple of years, only after a fair amount of begging and groveling on Akali's part. The girls decided that it would be best to use the Lustros family home as a base of operations. Since Ahri's sister left the house to her, she said that you could personalize your rooms as much you like.

Yesterday consisted of painting the rooms, buying new beds, and getting whatever miscellaneous things you would need for the duration of your stay. Ahri had essentially given you a blank check to gather everything you would need so long as you provided her with all the receipts.

You and Akali had gone paint shopping at the local store. Since you had worked at a paint store for a college job you were the best suited for the task. Akali went with you because, well she was basically your official shadow at this point. She came in handy when it came to translating what you wanted though–good thing too as no one there spoke English.

You left the store with eight gallons of paint; satin gray for you, satin white for Ahri, satin purple for Kai'sa, and flat black for Evelynn. Akali had gotten the glossiest pink she could find and then somehow found a bright gold color to do the accents and trim with.

After being scarred on a deep and emotional level by Akali's choice in color, you had come back to the house to find a moving truck's worth of packages. You didn't get to see what was in most of them, but one of them contained your new bed and a very nice oak desk, like your old one back home.

Akali: Oh don't be a baby, the girls are already ready to go. Meet us at the car in 5. Oh, Ahri wants us all to wear those matching black outfits we got. And do something with that hair, no bedhead, bosses orders. No matter how cute it makes you look.

She ruffled your hair and left the room, giving you a playful wink as she left.

Y/N: That woman.

_______________________________________

It was hard to not notice someone like the boy sitting across the cafeteria. He was a head taller than the biggest athletes and had musculature that would put a Greek God to shame. The boy named Hawk had transferred to the school two weeks ago and quickly become the center of attention.

The guys were aggressive with him at first, he was as different as you could get; language, skin tone, hair color, height. All of it made him stand out like a sore thumb.

But one aspect that stood above the rest was his kindness. A few of the usual suspects attempted to bring him low. They insulted him, tripped him, shoved him. One kid, tall and slender, named Seo-Jun, actually threatened his life for making moves on his girlfriend. The unfortunate part was that Hawk hadn't even hit on the girl, he was just asking for directions and was having a hard time getting his message across and she took it the wrong way.

Hawk didn't fight back; he just smirked that confident smirk of his and reached out a hand. He said that he was sorry for the misunderstanding and that offered to buy them lunch the following day because 'they seemed like cool people'. Two days later Ahri saw them both sitting at the same table, talking and joking like old friends. The male population of the school quickly learned that there was no need to posture with Hawk. He wasn't the type to go after someone's girl and would only interact with you if he thought you needed help with something. You always knew where you stood with him, everyone did. Everyone except for a certain fox.

Kira: Just talk to him Ahri, it's you!

Kira was Ahri's closest friend, an exchange student from Japan.

Ahri: I know it's me, but he's. . . he's him.

Hawk had only been there a couple of weeks but he was already the talk of the school. A few of the other girls had been daring each other to go up and talk to him, but none of them actually went for it.

The boy seemed to speak and understand Korean well enough, but that was just from Ahri's observation. Ahri's – borderline stalkerish – observation. Could you blame her though? He was so different, so unique. But he was also a creature of habit. He ate the same food every day. He sat in the same spot every day. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say he was like a video constantly set to loop.

Ahri was the popular girl. She just had a weird charm that attracted people to her without her even trying. And because of her fox tail and ears, it was impossible to not notice her. It was scary at first, being the center of everyone's attention. Everyone's eyes were on her, grabbing at her. They were either idolizing, scathing, amused, envious, or even lustful. That last one made her especially uncomfortable. But she eventually grew comfortable with it, with everyone thinking she was some sort of supernatural beauty. It was true in some respect. She even used it to gain favor in certain circles.

But the thing that made Hawk stand out to her was simple, he didn't look at her with lustful or disgusted eyes. In fact, he didn't even seem to realize she existed. He might have just thought that the ears and tail were a fashion statement or cosplay, but she doubted that. This left her on the other side of things, now she was the one approaching the mysterious and unique person. Now she was the one feeling nervous.

Kira: You just need to suck it up and talk to him, it won't be that hard!

Ahri: I don't think it'll be hard but. . . what would I even say? Hey, do you like jazz? Can I do my laundry on those washboard abs? Is it true white guys have-

Kira: No! Not that! Just think of something cute. . . or witty. or cutely witty! Go, now!

Ahri: Can I at least borrow your glasses? They look so cute on you I'm sure they'll help-

Kira shoved Ahri forward. Hawk was sitting alone as the rest of his friends had already finished and were already going to their next classes. He was only a few meters away. He usually left five-ish minutes after the rest of his cohort. Sometimes stalking paid off.

He was tall, clean-shaven, had a tangle of messy brown hair, and very bright orange eyes. He was a very pretty man.

Akali moved her feet forward like she was walking on ice, trying to keep her balance and avoid falling. She felt like a statue come alive, trying to escape the museum without scratching the floor. She dreaded reaching her destination. Hawk had noticed her at this point, quirking his head and smiling. As she finally reached him she gave a small wave.

What was she going to say? Why did she decide to do this? She could be doing her work, or talking to friends, or sucking up to the teachers, or-

Ahri: . . .sup. . .

She figured her English would be better than his Korean but just saying that felt stiff. She tried to fall back into her 'cool girl' posture, putting her hands on her hips and giving him a slightly arrogant glair.

Ahri: You're Hawk, right?

She attempted to say in a sexy drawl, the kind you use to seduce a lover into bed. . . maybe? She had seen it done in movies. Questionable movies. Fuck. Wait. Was she trying to be cute or sexy? Why was she trying to seduce him in the first place? She literally knew nothing about him. She just thought he seemed interesting. Oh well, no going back now. Is it getting hot in here?

He took a bite of his sandwich and chewed for a moment, looking her dead in the eyes as he did so. He swallowed and opened his mouth.

Hawk: Caw-CAW!

Ahri's eyes and mouth went wide, she had to cover the latter with her to maintain her composure. Did she hear that correctly or did her brain translate his sentence into bird speak? She wouldn't put it past herself to do that.

Ahri: The fuck was that?

Hawk: Language missy. You asked me if I was Hawk, I gave you the answer a hawk would have.

Ahri blanched. So it was a crow sound? That was a terrible joke. It wasn't even the right bird! And did he just scold her about her language? Her mental picture of this man had changed significantly in the past 3.53 seconds. Right. So definitely a Superman type of guy. That was. . . fineeeee. At least he wouldn't be trying to get in her pants. Probably. Definitely. Unfortunately.

Ahri: Um, I think that was a raven, not a hawk.

Hawk: Ah, forgive me. Quoth the raven, CAW-CAW!

Ahri lost her composure at this point, her facade falling away and she began to giggle. Her tail wiggled wildly, brushing against the table as she tried to compose herself once more. She felt any and all tension that had built up in her over the past week completely fall away. It shouldn't have been that funny. It wasn't really that funny. But it was the perfect thing he could have said to put her at ease.

Dork. He's a dork. He's a complete dork with no sense of social tact or grace. Welp, guess this is what love feels like. I think this is what love feels like. Wait, love? I literally have said less than two full sentences to him. What is wrong with me!

And why do my thoughts keep switching between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person?! Pick a perspective brain!

The rest of the room was looking at them now.

Ahri: Haha–you, you're something else, sir Hawk.

Hawk: Sir? I didn't realize I was knighted. Oh, you're Ahri, aren't you?

Ahri nodded vigorously. Ahahahahahaha he knows who I ammmmmmm.

She felt like a giddy schoolgirl right now. Oh, wait.

Hawk: Ah, I shoulda recognized you. You're all any of the guys talk about. Well, that and the fox tail should have been a dead giveaway.

Ahri blushed at the mention of her extra appendage. She was used to people pointing it out. Since her grandmother was a Kumiho she would have inherited some traits. Hopefully, he found them cute. Did he want to touch them? Did he want to hold her tail when he pushed her down and. . .

No! No. Nope, not going there. Wholesome thoughts. Wholesome thoughts!

Hawk: Hey don't be embarrassed. We may be more similar in that aspect than you think. My grandmother was actually a phoenix, it's why my eyes are like this.

He pointed to his eyes and she realized what he was talking about. His eyes weren't just orange, they were glowing orange. Inside his irises were swirling colors of yellow and red, It was like they were on fire, it was beautiful.

Pretty eyes. And he's a phoenix? That's kinda hot. At least I don't have to worry about suffocating him in bed–fuck! Stop! Wholesome thoughts! Kittens. Puppies. Kittens snuggling puppies!

Ahri: I thought I was the only one who had supernatural heritage. That's amazing!

Akali: Hold up! Hold the fucking phone!

Ahri turned back to look at Akali, pausing in her retelling of their first meeting.

You had made your way inside one of the skyscrapers downtown called Riverstone Records. You were currently on your way to the 17th floor where Colt's office was.

Akali: His grandma was a fucking phoenix? And why in the twisted fuck did you also have to recount the running monologue? That was so gross! Fuck!

Kai'sa: Language, Akali!

Akali: Don't you mother me right now! I just learned how down bad Ahri is for my best friend, who is a fucking phoenix!

Y/N: Ouch. Tell me how you really feel.

Akali turned to you with a half-annoyed expression on her face.

Akali: Not the point ya dolt. When were you going to tell me you had a phoenix great aunt? and don't say-

Y/N: You didn't ask.

Akali stepped on your foot and moved her face way too close to yours.

Y/N: Again, ouch. Don't mad-dog me, Kali, it never came up cause it really didn't matter. He didn't inherit any sort of ability or extra appendage, just a weird eye color.

It really did not matter. His grandmother completely bailed on the family after he was born, neither of them had ever actually met her. The only reason his parents even told you both about it was because of his unnatural eye color.

Akali: Oh really? Did you ever think that maybe he's so damn charismatic because he radiates some kinda warm fuzzy life energy stuff?

Y/N: Come on that's. . . uh. . . you see, now that I think about it. . .

That made a surprising amount of sense. You always were extra energetic when he was around. And he was way too good at making people laugh at the worst jokes. . . Oh.

Akali: Ugh! I'm surrounded by idiots.

Evelynn: Well, if you want to call the kettle black then that's fine.

Akali rounded on Evelynn, switching targets in an instant and cornering her in the back of the elevator.

Akali: Got something to say to me, Evie?

Ahri: Akali, calm down. Why are you freaking out? It's not a huge deal! I'm a fox for god's sake!

You saw a small tear run down Akali's cheek. Wait, what? Was she taking it that hard? It wasn't a secret or anything you just didn't bother to mention it, neither did he.

Akali: You both knew me for years, and I thought.

She backed herself into a corner of the elevator.

Akali: I thought that you trusted me with everything. I thought I knew everything about you. Next, you're gonna tell me you're secretly the son of some mighty dragon prince cast out from heaven because he stole some lord's wife on their wedding day.

Well, that was extremely specific. You moved over to her, taking a few timid steps forward and placing your hands on her shoulders.

Y/N: Akali, I trust you more than anyone. You know how much I care about you; I'm here aren't I? I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I really thought that it wasn't important. I didn't even really understand what it meant to be honest, I never met his grandmother. If this is really bothering you then you can help me punch in his stupid face, okay?

Akali nodded her head mutely.

You pulled her into a tight hug and she accepted it quickly, squeezing you back. Well, this wasn't how you expected this day to go. You began the day giddy about meeting your cousin again, now you had to comfort your best friend over a simple omission of truth. Speaking of. . .

Y/N: But I am going to need an apology.

You broke apart and Akali quirked her head, wiping her eye. She folded her arms and leaned against the wall, apparently attempting to regain her composure.

Akali: Why?

Y/N: You called Colt your best friend. I think that you owe me and all the ladies an apology.

Kai'sa nodded smartly, Ahri inclined her head, and Evelynn gave her a glare that would make Solanthos quake in his boots.

Akali shriveled under the combined looks and laughed nervously.

Akali: I'm sorry. You're better than I deserve. Ahri, sorry for interrupting the story. Your internal monologue was really cute.

Ahri nodded appreciatively and the others seemed satisfied. But you weren't.

Y/N: That ain't gonna cut it for me, short stack. I'm your best friend, always will be. Say it. Say it now or forever be condemned to Helheim.

Akali: God you're weird. Ughhhhhhh fine. You will always be very important to me.

Y/N: That wasn't the answer I was looking for.

Akali: Well, that's the answer you're getting.

The elevator dinged and the door opened. She shouted something and threw a smoke bomb on the ground, disappearing in a cloud of pink smoke as you and the girls evacuated the elevator.

That woman. You all coughed loudly and rubbed your eyes. Did she tear gas you too?

Ahri: Remind me why I picked her up again?

Kai'sa: Supposedly she's good at rapping, but I'm starting to question our wisdom.

Evelynn: She's dead. I'm tying her up and leaving her for the wolves.

Ahri: Come on, let's just get this over with before something else goes wrong.

You reached a door labeled 'Hawk Carmine' and Ahri knocked twice. Whoever was inside shouted for you to make your way inside, Ahri immediately doing so.

You entered last, noting that Akali was still absent. Well, hopefully she wasn't doing anything stupid.

The room was. . . extravagant. The red carpet and multiple sets of display cases immediately drew your attention. On one side sat various artifacts and weapons. A beautiful chrome hammer – encrusted with gold – was displayed on the left wall above twin daggers. A silver rapier with some sort of revolver gimmick worked into the handle sat on its own display case. There were also a few antique firearms. On the right sat a bronze statue of a phoenix and a dragon in some sort of fight. The back wall was all glass, looking out upon the city. In the center of the room sat a large desk with five chairs arranged in front of it.

A man stood up from behind the desk, making his way around it to greet you. He was wearing a red suit, had a long brown beard, and his eyes glowed like the sun in the middle of July.

Colt: Ahri! It's been too long. How have you . . . you.

His eyes locked onto you and he stiffened. His features suddenly looked wary and he shifted, clearly uncomfortable.

Colt: Ah, so that's why Ahri neglected to mention the ghost writer's name. I should've seen it coming.

You said nothing, but you began to walk forward with a grim determination on your face.

Colt: Oh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right at me?

Y/N: I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer.

Colt: Oh ho!

His eyes perked up and his fire, previously put out, was back to roaring like an inferno.

Colt: Then come get me.

You quicked your pace until you were within arm's reach, then you struck. You sent a left jab his way, faster than you thought he could react. He brought an arm up and blocked it, leaning into your strike and pushing you back. Colt sent a fist into your gut, striking with the force of a hundred rhinos. You stumbled and moved back a bit. This was not going to be easy.

You moved left and threw a combo at him; left jab, left jab, right cross. He took the jabs in the shoulder and took the last blow across the cheek.

Colt: Hahaha! Damn, you've gotten faster little bro.

He struck out, grabbing both your arms then spinning on his heel. He threw you over his shoulder and flung you right into the table, snapping it in half. The wooden desk splintered under your weight as you fell through it.

Fuck that hurt.

Evelynn: Is he okay?

Ahri began to move toward you but Colt held his hand up.

Colt: Stop. He's taken worse than that. It's not over. I know you're here, come pick up your boyfriend and give me a real challenge.

Kai'sa: Who's he talking to-

A high-pitched laugh echoed throughout the room, sending a chill up everyone's spines. Well, everyone aside from you, you were currently trying to clear blood from your nostrils.

You stumbled to your feet and wiped your nose; your hand now being caked in the red fluid. This wasn't going to plan. You completely overlooked the fact that Ahri had described him as a Greek God. Of course he would be stronger than you. Stupid. You needed a new plan of attack.

Colt: I know you're here little dragon, don't make me wait.

You felt something brush by your ear and cheek, Akali's voice traveling through your ear.

Akali: Dragon and wolf. Remember?

You smirked to yourself as you felt her presence leave your immediate vicinity. Of course she wanted to do that, it was her favorite move after all. You put your hands up and moved forward, keeping a wide stance.

The loss of her presence left a strange longing in its place. Something deep down wanted her back by your side, not moving off for a sneak attack. Well, it wasn't a secret why you wanted it. It was painfully obvious to everyone that you two had an unspoken bond, something more than friendship but not quite love. Something powerful but not complete. Not yet.

But now was not the time to dwell on this phantom feeling. It was time to knock out a hawk with two stones.

The girls stood near the door, looking supremely worried about you, but they didn't have to be. You had your secret weapon with you, and she packed a mean punch in a pint-sized package.

You rushed Colt like a man possessed and started throwing hands. Left, right, jab, cross, uppercut, knee, sidekick leading into a crescent kick. You were relentless with your barrage of attacks. Colt stood and took the hits like a champ, as unmovable as a boulder. He was taller and stronger, which mattered most in all but a few situations. But this was one of those situations. You just had to be faster. He threw out a few moves of his own, swinging a haymaker that you deftly weaved under. He let loose a right hook, you coiled your arms around it and pushed upward, moving it into an awkward position.

He grunted in pain at that and shook you off, stumbling back.

At that moment you lowered yourself, making your back and shoulders as big as you could. Akali used your back as a springboard, soaring high into the air and becoming visible once more.

Colt: Oh.

She stuck downwards like a bolt of lightning, snapping her leg down on Colt. he crumpled under the sheer force of it and was sent sprawling to the ground, rolling to a heap in front of the other girls.

Akali landed like a graceful cat on all fours. She turned and ran back to you, helping you stabilize yourself on your feet. You were in rough shape. That last barrage had taken the last of your energy. The room was now spinning.

Akali: hey, hey, hey. We got him. You okay?

You wiped your nose again and spit on the carpet–good thing it was already red.

Y/N: Ha. . . yeah. . . we, we got him. One sec. Out of breath.

Kai'sa rushed over to the crumpled form of your – probably deceased – cousin, falling to a knee and listening to his chest.

Kai'sa: I mean, he's breathing. I think.

Ahri: Are you out of your damn minds!

You and Akali looked to see Ahri absolutely livid, but her anger wasn't the crazy part, that was to be expected. What shocked both of you was that her tail had turned from a soft blond to a glowing blue. It was almost translucent and it had multiplied, there were nine of them now.

She stepped towards you, blue and purple energy manifesting around like a celestial body made manifest.

Ahri: We came to ask him for help with our music career. My music career. Do you have any fucking idea how stupid that was! You could have killed him with that stunt! Are you both so angry at something he did so long ago that you're willing to jeopardize our future and his life to settle some petty score?

She was standing in front of you now, eyes taking on the same glow as her tail. The air around you suddenly grew cold, it was like there was an icy wind sucking the strength from your body. Ahri was bleeding malice and raw power from her eyes. Every second you were in her presence felt like a thousand boulders were crushing you. She looked like a mad god. It was suffocating.

Akali: Ahri. . . I can't-

Ahri: Shut up. You have no room to speak. I knew bringing you both was a terrible decision. God, after all that talk about wanting to punch him, I should have realized something like this would happen. You helped almost kill your 'best friend.' Little-miss-ninja. And you, you almost killed your cousin!

Ok, it was clear that you had both gone over the line. But you weren't sorry for finally getting to punch in his stupid face, it was kind of therapeutic. But clearly, you had gone too far, jeopardizing the entire reason you were here and putting your new friends in danger in the process. And. . . yeah, that last attack was too over-the-top.

But that didn't matter right now. What mattered was that Akali was clearly having trouble breathing because of Ahri's dome of malice. She looked like she was about to collapse. You wanted to go over and shield her, you felt a protective urge that you couldn't act on. Ahri had you both rooted to the spot. You hated it. You felt the anger hot and red. That wasn't Ahri right now. That was a beast about to kill the person most important to you.

Ahri: is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourselves?

Colt: Enough.

Colt laid a hand on Ahri's shoulder, quieting the tempest that she had been extruding in an instant. He pulled her back gently and patted her head, making her ears go flat. Her tail also returned to its normal state.

Colt: That was too much, Ahri. You nearly did them in. Take a deep breath and sit down.

He looked worse for wear. His suit was stained with blood and snot, and he was holding his shoulder. It might have been dislocated when he hit the ground. His face was also a mess of red.

You immediately stepped over to Akali as she doubled over gasping for air. You patted her back and steadied her as she regained herself, concern blatantly written across your face. Whatever happened to Ahri would have to be dealt with later. But mark your words, it would be dealt with. That stunt almost seriously hurt Akali, not to mention what Ahri had said to you both.

Colt: It's good to see you still care, Ahri. But it's ok. I'm fine.

They embraced and he coughed over her shoulder, quickly moving away as to not spray her with blood.

Colt: I think you broke a rib. Nicely done.

He grinned a bloody grin and brought you into a one-armed hug.

Colt: It's good to see you, little bro.

Y/N: Yeah. . . you too, Colt.

You hugged him back. You should have felt angry or happy, something. But you just felt numb. And tired. Also, you went from trying to slaughter each other to hugging it out in the span of a few minutes. Yep, you were definitely family.

Colt: Oh, It's Hawk now by the way.

Hawk released you and turned to Akali. He smiled widely and spread his arm.

Hawk: Bring it in little dragon, I so missed your antics!

Akali's fatigue seemed to dissipate and she flung himself into his arms, laughing.

Akali: I missed you so much, Blood Angel!

Kai'sa frowned and walked over to you while the pair was catching up.

Kai'sa: So, how many names does he have?

Y/N: Oh beats me. everyone had a different nickname for him so it could be well over a hundred; Blood Angel, Firefly, Man of Iron, Red Viking, and now Hawk.

Kai'sa: That seems. . . excessive.

Y/N: Tell me about it, he just makes friends too easily so they all give him names. Also, he gets into a lot of brawls and he always ended up bloody. So he just decided to always wear red.

Kai'sa: You and Ahri talk about him like he's some kind of charisma god. I didn't think he'd enjoy conflict.

Y/N: He is, but he enjoys fighting just as much as talking. It's a hobby for him, but never out of malice.

You both looked over as Akali popped his shoulder back into place, hearing a yelp of pain from the bear of a man.

Hawk: Wow. Ok, let's go find somewhere to have a proper discussion. Maybe get cleaned up and get some food.

Everyone nodded eagerly at that.

Hawk: Right, I'll make reservations for us at this quaint little place down the street. We can get cleaned up in the bathrooms down the hall. Oh, and what band should I tell the producers I'm interviewing today? You said you were still deciding on the name, Ahri?

Ahri and Evelynn exchanged a glance, smirks forming on both of their faces.

Ahri: Well, there is one we've been throwing around. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 558 17
Plot: A famous band that was admired by almost everyone came to crash a concert! As the Girl band tries to get clues, a new announcement came from th...
759K 16.3K 39
An average daycare worker finds himself taking care of four of the world's most famous pop idols kids. Can he handle the pressure of the kids and the...
62.3K 1.5K 23
(A little side project to give you all something to read) Everyone one is told of fairy tales as a child. Some to make you wonder, some to put you to...
181K 3.9K 62
A Male Reader x K/DA Story, inspired by @Katsuwumi and her story The Outsider (Check it out!) Y/N L/N is a well-known musician. While going on tour...