Purple Rain.

By madd_libbs

In which the healing process becomes a lot more difficult than (Y/n) (Y/l/n) would have expected. Book Four o... More

Info.
Year Six - The Order of the Phoenix
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two.
Chapter Forty-Three.
Chapter Forty-Four.
Chapter Forty-Five.
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven.
Chapter Forty-Eight.
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One.
Chapter Fifty-Two.
Chapter Fifty-Three.
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five.
Chapter Fifty-Six.
Chapter Fifty-Seven.
Chapter Fifty-Eight.
Chapter Fifty-Nine.
Chapter Sixty.
Chapter Sixty-One.
Chapter Sixty-Two.
Chapter Sixty-Three.
Chapter Sixty-Four.
Chapter Sixty-Five.
Chapter Sixty-Six.
Chapter Sixty-Seven.
Chapter Sixty-Eight.
Chapter Sixty-Nine.
Chapter Seventy.
Chapter Seventy-One.
Chapter Seventy-Two.
Chapter Seventy-Three.
Fin and Book Five.

Chapter Three.

662 42 6
By madd_libbs

The party sat silently, waiting for Arthur to light the candles. He, however, was very fascinated with Tonks' lighter. There were other fascinated faces, but most people were simply waiting, their moods too good to be annoyed.

"Arthur, dear," Molly finally said. "You're supposed to light the candles..." She had the fondest of smiles for her husband.

"Simply brilliant, Molly," Arthur exclaimed. "Matches first and now these! Muggles are so smart, aren't they?"

"Well, I suppose they'd have to be without magic," Molly mused.

"How do they work, (Y/n)?" Arthur asked.

"Um..." (Y/n) murmured. "The little wheel acts as a... lock, you might say. You can't press down on the button... thing without turning it. When you push down on the button, you're creating pressure. Depending on the lighter, there's fluid or gas in the... tube, I guess. When you push down on the button and create the pressure, you're also releasing the fluid or gas— usually butane gas— and the torch inside the lighter creates the flame you're seeing... It'd be easier to show a diagram of the inside, but I don't have paper... or a pen..."

"Fascinating!" Arthur exclaimed. (Y/n) nodded.

"How do you know all that?" Tonks mumbled.

"She's a science kid, Dora," Penny teased.

"Only the engineering bit," (Y/n) smiled. Penny's eyebrows furrowed.

"Potions, technically speaking, is chemistry," she said. "And Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures, essentially, is biology."

"What's that make the other subjects?" Tonks hummed.

"History of Magic is History, I guess," Penny said. "Transfiguration and Alchemy are Science. Muggle Studies is kind of English... I feel like that's really pushing it, though... Study of Ancient Runes would be a better fit for English, but you aren't learning grammar and stuff like that now, are you? Arithmancy's math. They really don't teach us that kind of stuff, huh? I doubt a single person here can name all six of Henry the Eighth's wives."

"Catherine—"

"You don't count, (Y/n)."
(Y/n) pouted. She watched as Arthur finally got around to lighting the candles along the circumference of the cake.

"I don't understand why I'm getting a party this year," (Y/n) mumbled. "What's so special about sixteen?"

"You can drive," Tonks answered.

"That's worth throwing a party over?"

"This could be the last birthday we're able to celebrate for all we know," Molly said. (Y/n) hummed and nodded her head as Arthur stepped back, admiring the candles and the actual cake. Molly must've put a lot of effort into it. It had pink frosting with rainbows along the side. There was the head and neck in addition to the paw of a Cheer Bear and in front of her was small ballons. White frosting bordered the bottom and top of the cake, holding the candles and a small sign reading Happy Birthday. Maraschino cherries were also in the ring of white frosting. Childish, yes. But (Y/n) absolutely loved the Care Bears and didn't mind. 
Molly had accounted for there being sixteen people present and there was an equally as grand cake with a 16 candle being lit by Arthur. The second cake was coated in green (what (Y/n) assumed to be) matcha, giving a rather grassy effect. There were strawberries eight strawberries and dollops of either whipped cream or frosting, (Y/n) couldn't tell. Either way, both cakes looked delicious.
(Y/n) hoped she wasn't grimacing as the party started singing the tune of Happy Birthday. She grinned rather awkwardly, wanting to go to her room and curl up now more than ever. Fred and George were the last to finish the tune, dragging out the last 'you' a tad too long for (Y/n)'s liking and with far too many rifts.

"Make a wish," Penny beamed, holding her camera up.
(Y/n) thought long and hard about her wish, closed her eyes, and blew on the candles, only hoping she actually blew them all out. Peeking her eyes open, she beamed at the lack of candles. The cake was moved aside and the candles were removed from it as the second cake was put in front of (Y/n) and another round of the tune began.
(Y/n) teared up as she refrained from running away and back into the comfort of her room. Her grin had dropped into a strained smile and she very awkwardly held her hands in her lap. She hated sitting still as the people around her sang. It was very uncomfortable for her. When they were done and she was told to make a wish again, she gave a few seconds pause before instantly blowing out the 16 candle. Charlie chuckled as the cake was once again brought away to be cut.

"Which one will it be, (Y/n)?" Molly asked. "Pink one's chocolate cherry and green one's strawberry matcha cheesecake."
(Y/n) oohed and took her pick, eating the (cherry/strawberry) before she even considered whether or not she would be able to stomach a whole slice of cake.

"I don't dance," (Y/n) insisted as Cedric stood beside (Y/n) on the lit patio (it was well past dark by now, just as it had been when (Y/n) blew out her candles). Cedric had just offered a dance to her.

"You led a dance class last year."

"Over a very simple Muggle dance!" (Y/n) insisted.

"Yeah, okay, Miss Sandra Dee," Cedric said. (Y/n)'s lips twitched up and her eyes brightened as the song changed to one of (Y/n)'s favourites: Steal Away. "You like this song," Cedric beamed. (Y/n) gave him a rather cold stare, making Cedric's smile widen.

"Do I?" (Y/n) asked, side-stepping two steps to her left and then two to her right. She had just enough time to set down her drink as Cedric actually brought her into the light and twirled her around. (Y/n) closed her eyes, feeling the beat as the two danced to it. She smiled her first genuine smile of the night. It turned to a grin as she squealed when she was dipped down. She gave Cedric a very playful glare and rose his hand over his head as she twirled around him on beat, once again picking up their quick-paced dance.
"I caught you glancing my way," (Y/n) sang along softly. "And I know what you're after. No second chances tonight."

"Why don't we steal away?" Cedric chorused with (Y/n) in an undertone. (Y/n)'s grin widened.

"How often do I listen to this for you to know the lyrics?" 

"Enough," Cedric snorted.

"Good. Corrupting you wizards with good music is my life goal," (Y/n) said. Cedric shook his head.

"Shouldn't," he said in an almost scolding tone.

"Hm... Why not?"

"That's a horrible life ambition." (Y/n) tilted her head back with laughter.

"That hurts my feelings."

"Does it?"

"No."

"Didn't think so."

"This'll be a cute thing to play at their wedding, hm?" Mrs. Diggory whispered to Penny in a teasing tone. 
(Y/n)'s eyes widened and her smile dropped entirely, much to Cedric's concern. Her lips turned up in a small, rather painful smile in an attempt to drop Cedric's concern.

"This was fun," (Y/n) said shortly before walking away and returning to her place in the mainly shadowy area, only the front of her figure seen. She folded her arms, moping at the mere thought of jumping into a relationship so soon.

"What'd I do wrong?" Cedric whispered to Tonks, who was trying to enjoy their biscuits.

"Huh?" they asked, pulling the biscuit away from the mouth that was about to accept the food.

"She grew all sad again after the song finished," Cedric frowned, glancing at (Y/n), who was staring at the ground, lost in thought. Tonks' eyes also found (Y/n). The girl sat on an outdoor couch, her legs folded on the couch as she curled up against the arm of the couch. Her heels were discarded in front of her.

"What'd you say?" they ask.

"Nothing!" Cedric huffed. "We were joking about (Y/n)'s Muggle music two seconds ago." Tonks hummed in thought, finishing off their biscuit and brushing off their hands.

"Maybe she was upset that the song ended," Tonks said with a shrug. Great as (Y/n) found them, they were rather oblivious to (Y/n)'s— and anyone's— feelings. Cedric gave Tonks a look and walked off.

"Hey," Ron greeted. (Y/n) jumped out of her skin and Ron held his hands up in mock surrender.

"Hi," (Y/n) sighed, momentarily glancing at Ron as he sat beside her on the outdoor couch. He put a gift bag on her lap. (Y/n) peered down at it. It was taped shut. "What's this?"

"A Christmas present," Ron said sarcastically. (Y/n) gave him a smile. "Go ahead and open it," he insisted. (Y/n) did just that and peered inside. She took out the Proud Heart Cat plushy only to hit Ron with it.

"Real nice," she jeered.

"It's fitting!" Ron yelped as (Y/n) hit him again. "You're a—" He laughed as she repeatedly hit him, "—a fox! This is a cat— close enough! You like those weird bears and this is from it... I think it is, anyways. Hermione said it was but she easily could be lying."

"You're both idiots," (Y/n) said coolly. She hugged the plushy close as she glared out into the night. Ron grinned from beside her, clearly amused by her anger. "Hermione and Harry also got me different foxes. I don't suppose you guys correlate for this?" Ron snorted.

"Yes. Yes, we did correlate," Ron mused. "Harry thought it'd be a good joke, you know, since your Animagus is a fox." (Y/n) gave Ron a very sharp look, her lips quivering as she tried not to smile. "Sorry if you don't—"

"I love it, Ronald," (Y/n) interrupted. "Especially because you actually remembered an old cartoon that I like." Ron beamed.

"Move, Ronniekins," Fred said, waving away his brother. Ron grumbled, getting up nonetheless as Fred and George took his place. George held out a gift for (Y/n), who hesitantly took it.

"No explosions?"

"No."

"No loud noises?"

"...Um. Doubt it. Not that kind of gift... At least it shouldn't be."

"No confetti?"

"No."

"No fireworks?"

"No."

"(Y/n), we haven't rigged your presents since... I can't even remember when," Fred said. "Do you not trust us that much?"

"You rig other people's gifts and that's what makes me suspicious. What makes me so different, you know?"

"We like you," George said simply.

"Yes, but why?" (Y/n) pressed. Fred and George exchanged a glance.

"(Y/n), there isn't enough paper in the universe for me to write a list," Fred declared dramatically. (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"I can never get a straight answer out of you, can I?" (Y/n) huffed. "Very out of character for you."

"You can tell us apart," George said.

"What, like it's hard?" (Y/n) teased. Fred and George exchanged another glance.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, come off it. The second someone gets to know you guys, it isn't hard to tell you apart," (Y/n) said, unwrapping the gift. "Appearance-wise? Nearly identical... Besides last year when you switched your hair up. In all honesty, if someone told me to tell you apart without getting to hear you, I wouldn't have a clue but if I was allowed to hear you two, it's an easy task."

"So... you like us for our personality?"

"What kind of question is that? Do you think I'm shallow? Only befriending people for their looks?"

"Of course not!"

"I just mean that our own family can't tell us apart and suddenly this girl a year younger comes along and breaks that." (Y/n) rose an eyebrow. "This got really depressing," George sighed.

"(Y/n), can we play fight bots?" Luna asked from the other side of the patio. Ginny, confused, stopped dancing and eyed the both of them.

"Sure, Lu. They're... either in my room or still on the coffee table," (Y/n) answered.

"Fight bots?" Fred asked.

"Mhm. Spent the whole week making them," (Y/n) said. "Luna and I were playing with them yesterday." She very sudden shut the lid of the unwrapped box. "I can't accept this," she hissed.

"Ah, the best for the best," Fred insisted.

"Fred and George Weasley!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "You take this back this instant and—"

"One day, when we're rich, we'll be sending expensive gifts on the daily," George said, looking out into the distance as though envisioning it. "And all because you'll be our assistant, won't you?" (Y/n) stared at both of them in dismay.

"To pay you back? Absolutely!" (Y/n) said. Fred and George side-eyed each other. By then, Luna had returned with two robots and two controllers. (Y/n) sat up, accepting one of the robots and the controller. Luna and (Y/n) placed the robotic creatures with six legs, each with three joints. There was a singular giant eyeball coming out of each of them that were either red or pink. It was clear that, though they had the same overall shape, they were not made from the same exact parts.
"I made them from spare parts I found in my parts box," (Y/n) informed. "Battery-operated, too. I'll be able to use them at Hogwarts." She pulled up the antenna and when she did so, the miniature screen on the remote now showed the point of view from the robotic creature.

"How'd you make these in a week?" Fred gaped. 

"Sorry, I should've clarified that I did the wiring in a week," (Y/n) corrected. "They started out as wind up toys I made last summer and I thought, why not spy on people? Maybe I'll install a mic sometime this summer, too. Though I really don't need the mics, do I?.. Ooh, wrong remote, Lu," (Y/n) laughed, trading the remotes with Luna. "Who knows? These could be very useful..."

"You have these little... spy bugs and you use them for fighting?"

"What? Like I'm going to send one to your house and spy on you guys?" (Y/n) grinned, momentarily glancing at the twins before giving the bots her attention. The robots were no bigger than (Y/n)'s hand. "They can also deliver things," she informed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 5K 56
In which a Ravenclaw gets mixed up with the wrong (and right) people. Book One of the Party Police Series Pre-Harry-Potter-Series & Philosopher's Sto...
5.9K 200 15
you found me in my dark times and brought me to the light
8.3K 64 25
We will be writing different situations with the characters of Harry Potter **I do not own any other the characters in here. These are all characters...