after potter's death - cedric...

By hermy_reads

People are talking about what seems to be the only thing people talk about these days. The tragic death of Ha... More

chapter 1: introduction
chapter 2: crushes
chapter 4: secrets
chapter 5: lovebirds
chapter 6: hiding
chapter 7: lying
chapter 8: unbearable
chapter 9: goodbye
chapter 10: miss mopey
chapter 11: truth
chapter 12: apologies
chapter 13: christmas
chapter 14: hollow silence
chapter 15: confessions
chapter 16: accusations
chapter 17: romcom
chapter 18: puzzle pieces
chapter 19: voldemort

chapter 3: quidditch

13 0 0
By hermy_reads

Sarah takes both of Cedric's hands.
"Don't look at me like if I'm gonna break up with you!" she says when their eyes meet.
"Oh thank god." Cedric breaths out. "I went so nervous from the moment you said we needed to talk, god I thought this was it for us." Sarah laughs out loud at him and he forces a smile.

"No silly, I enjoy being with you way too much to end things." she smiles.
"But?" Cedric wonders.
"Yeah. Last night I spoke to Eve and the girls in the dormitory." Sarah begins and tells him all about what they had said yesterday and why she hadn't slept a single minute.

Although when she speaks of the fact that she worries about him after what he had said about Voldemort she makes it sound not as bad. And she doesn't even mention the whole thing about how he had said he loved her yesterday. So they mostly just talk about the conversation she had with his sister and their friends.

"Peters." he simply says when she just has told him what a big mess it all basically was. She nods and looks at him.
"We are in this mess together." he continues and takes her hands. "And as long as it's the two of us we will get through it. And there will come a day when the right time is here and we can tell Eve without her freaking out too much"

"Together." Sarah smiles.
"And remember that i prioritise your feelings so if you don't want this to be a secret to her anymore we can tell her right away."
"I don't want that, no... She'll... no... let's just wait, for everyone's sake."
"Alright, let's go get some breakfast." Cedric says and kisses her forehead.

They hurry to the great hall to get there before it's way too crowded. Since it's a Sunday morning they won't have too much to worry about and once they get there there's only a few students sitting by the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff table and at the Slytherin table there is only one student, Draco Malfoy. But it looks like if Draco has fallen asleep right there.

Cedric and Sarah sits down next to each other at the end of the Slytherin table. She fills up a big cup of coffee while Cedric takes a glass of orange juice. They eat and talk about the new defence against the dark arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge.

She's dreadful. Nobody likes her except some of the Slytherin students, but Sarah is not one of them.
"So what are you doing today?" Sarah asks Cedric when they've finished eating.

"I would like to hit the pitch and play some quidditch for the upcoming match, we were supposed to practice with the team today but everyone weren't feeling very well so it got cancelled. And then... well I guess I'm gonna try to see if I can talk to Professor Dumbledore again." he explains.

"Ah, is there anything I can do?" she wonders but he shakes his head.
"I'll tell you afterwards how it goes though. And if you're not gonna hang out with your friends you could always join me and play quidditch together?"
"Yeah, I'd like that." Sarah smiles. They sit there and talk for a little longer til more students starts to arrive.

They decide to ask Malfoy if he wants to come along too and Sarah goes to wake him.
"Psst... Malfoy!" she yells, standing very close to him. Draco shoots up from the bench in shock and turns to face Sarah.
"What do you want now?" he mutters.
"I'm heading back to the quidditch pitch." she starts.
"With Diggory?" he quest.

"Uh yeah."
"Goodbye Peters."
"You're such a loser Malfoy. C'mon."
"You want me there?"
"Why else would I be asking? But alright Malfoy, bye then." Sarah sighs and starts walking away together with Cedric.

"Wait, I'm coming!" Draco shouts, catching up with them when they've already walked out of the great hall.
"Ugh so I'm spending the day with a Hufflepuff now?" he says with a gross look. Sarah laughs at him and takes Cedric's hand.
"You own choice loser, your own choice." she responds and Cedric responds with a chuckle.

A few hours later, when they're done and have said goodbye to each other, Sarah is walking back to the Slytherin common room by herself. Cedric is on his way to Dumbledore's office and he told her to at least try to catch some sleep. And Draco Malfoy left awhile ago after almost falling asleep in the sky.

Sarah walks through the common room and opens the door to her dormitory.
"Peters? Is that you?" she hears Eve asking from her bed.
"You're still sleeping?" Sarah responds and turns the lamp in the ceiling on.

"What are you doing?" Cherry mumbles from her corner. "It's a Sunday."
"You guys are lazy." Sarah sighs and lays down next to Eve in Eve's bed.
"Have you been working out? You smell." Eve mumbles into her pillow.
"Yes." Sarah chuckles.

"Leaveeee." she grunts and pushes Sarah out of the the bed so that she lands on the floor.
"What are the two of you doing?" Cherry wonders and sits up. "Go take a shower Peters."
"I want to sleep too." Sarah sighs, still laying on the floor. "I haven't slept in... I don't even know how many hours."

"What are you taking about?" Eve asks and rolls over in her bed.
"I never fell asleep last night, and then I eventually went to play quidditch instead, and then I had breakfast and continued playing quidditch."
"You're mad." Cherry laughs. "Who did you even play with? Just you?"

After hearing the sudden question Sarah sits up, still on the floor. She glares at Cherry who frowns back.
"What? Who was it?" Eve says when Nobody says anything.
"Fine. Okay so... hrm..." Sarah begins. "He couldn't sleep either, and he's on the team and we both were in the common room sooooo..."

"Who?" Even interrupts.
"Malfoy." Sarah blurts out. "And-"
"You spent time willingly with that prick?!" Cherry shouts and in shock Eve sits up quickly.
"What?!" Cherry continues. "He is a spoiled brat who sets a bad example for Slytherins, making us all look like blood thristy death eaters- Oh and he was probably in love with Potter too."

Sarah and Eve nods.
"So anyway..... I'm going for that shower now." Sarah says and stands up again.
"Wait wait wait, Peters who else was there?" Eve asks.
"Nobody." Sarah says quickly.
"You said 'and' before Watson yelled about Malfoy."
"Fuck- yeah so... After breakfast uhhh.... Yeah no, it's not that weird... yeah."

"What's not weird?" Cherry asks.
"It was Cedric. Me and Malfoy and Cedric Diggory."
"Uh how come?" Eve wonders. "How come he joined the two of you? He's a Hufflepuff and he's not very fond of me or you and especially not of Malfoy."
"I don't know Eve! But he was also there and it was fun."

"Fun." Eve mumbles.
"Oh c'mon Diggory, it's not like they're dating."
"Yeah-" Sarah lies. "It is not like we are dating."
"You're right." Eve says. "Sorry I just, why?"
"I don't know, but it's not like it's the first time I've played quidditch with Cedric! We do it every summer when I'm at yours." Sarah says to her defence.
"Yeah, I know that, but yeah... Okay. Okay!" Eve stutters.

"I'm taking that shower, please don't act this weird when I get back." Sarah says at last and leaves the dormitory. Before closing the door she hears that the girls starts taking about what Cherry said about Draco Malfoy again.

After taking a bath in the prefect's bathroom she gets dressed and head down to the great hall where she meets her friends for lunch. While they eat she tries to spot Cedric at the Hufflepuff table but can't seem to find him. In disappointment she continues eating and looks up at the teacher's table and Dumbledore isn't there either.

The only teachers currently eating is Professor Snape and Professor Flitwick, and they're barely talking.
"What's on your mind Sarah?" Eve asks.
"Nothing special." she replies and continues looking at the teacher's table, Cherry follows Sarah's eyes.
"Don't you guys think he's been acting weird?" Cherry then questions.

"Who?" Eve wonders.
"Snape." Sarah replies. "And yes, definitely." She looks back at her friends and they start whispering.
"Oh, yeah... Is it since Potter-" Eve says silently.
"Must be, I mean, what else?" Cherry answers.

"But how can Snape be devastated... If that's the right word? I mean about Potters death, he was awfully rude to him." Sarah states.
"And now Snape is awfully rude to everyone instead, even us Slytherins." Cherry adds.
"I didn't even know Snape had-" Eve continues.
"Snape had what?" they suddenly hear a well recognised voice saying behind them.

A/N:

Good evening!! It's been awhile but here I am with the third chapter! I've had a writers block for some time now but hopefully that's over loools. Hoping y'all are enjoying this book and as I've said before if love it if you voted or left a comment!!

Lots of love!!❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 1.2K 35
'I wouldn't mind being with you, you topless Jaffa Cake..' You {Y/N} are currently attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and you are...
38.4K 811 18
Popularity is not for the faintest of hearts. While surrounded by people y/n Freeman cannot help but feel alone sometimes. That is until third year w...
211 1 19
Scarlett Diggory was an ordinary Hogwarts student, well, as ordinary as you can be with the Golden boy of Hogwarts as your twin brother. She was smar...
731K 18.2K 40
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...