Soaring Through the Sky - Spe...

By coucoumgg14

To meet your soulmate is to to surrender yourself completely. Bella Snow and Spencer Reid have been in love f... More

~INTRODUCTION~
~PROLOGUE~
saturn
i dreamed a dream
lover
to build a home
golden
for emma
you are my sunshine
we'll meet again
lovers rock
hidden in the sand
red
believer
wait
16 candles
the night we met
slipping through my fingers
sunsetz
somewhere only we know
washing machine heart
cough syrup
feeling good
love grows
what once was
somebody's watching me
i love you so
dark red
me and my husband
everywhere
oblivion
space junk
she knows
in this shirt
ophelia
until i found you
i feel pretty
maniac
at last
nothing new
halloween
therapy
fourth of july
watching him fade away
eventually
keep breathing
how to disappear
city of stars
welcome home, son
penitentiary
mind over matter
matilda
in limbo
murders
the end of the world
ivy
you're gonna miss this
where'd all the time go
ob-la-di, ob-la-da
stuff we did
epilogue
~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

thank you

2.8K 95 103
By coucoumgg14

"I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all"

* * *

   Emma babbled and played with her stuffed giraffe as she sat in her stroller. Bella hummed to herself, taking in the scenery of the peaceful hiking trail. The warm sun beat down on her skin as her skin and hair glowed in it. Birds chirped and sand brushed over her sneakers as she continued to walk.

   "What do you think, Em?" Bella asked. "It's pretty out, hm?"

   The baby cooed in response, Bella grinning to herself as she spotted a bench, pushing the stroller over to it and stopping. Her legs burned and her feet ached as she took Emma out of the stroller, adjusting the sun hat on her before setting her on her hip. 

   With a grin, she sat down on the bench with Emma in her lap. The baby had a smile on her face as she looked around, staring at the different trees and birds that flew by. Bella watched as Emma's hazel eyes lit up, her dimples deepening as a butterfly flew past her nose.

   "That was a butterfly, Em," Bella smiled. "Your Aunt Penny likes to buy you shirts that have butterflies on them."

   Emma continued to giggle and look around at the beautiful nature. Bella's heart thudded against her chest with pure love as she stared at her daughter. She didn't know it was possible to love another human being so much. 

   She pulled Emma into her chest, planting a kiss on her cheek and tickling her stomach. Emma let out another giggle and squirmed in Bella's arms. As Bella let out a laugh, the sound of a loud groan filled her ears. Furrowing her eyebrows, Bella turned and looked around only to realize that no one was around. The groans continued as Bella stood up.

   "What the hell?" she whispered underneath her breath.

   Bella set Emma back down in the stroller, soothing her as she started to fuss. She continued to look around, the groans intensifying. They sounded like someone was in pure pain. Like they were in excruciating agony. 

   "Help me!" the voice called out. "Please! Help me!"

   Hesitantly, Bella pushed the stroller closer to the sound of the voice. She followed the sound of the groans of pain, realizing that she was approaching a large cliff. She caught her breath as the pleas for help started to get louder and louder. Bella got closer to the ledge, keeping the stroller back as she peered over the ledge.

   A gasp escaped Bella's mouth as she looked down, seeing a man laying at the bottom of the steep drop. Blood oozed out of his mouth and his legs twisted in odd ways as he struggled to breathe and stay awake.

   "Hel-help me," he begged.

   "I'm right here, sir!" Bella called out. "Give me a second! I'm going to get help! Just stay with me!"

   Pulling her phone out, Bella rushed back over to the stroller and picked up Emma. Tears streamed down her chubby cheeks as she started to wail. Dialing the number to the FBI rescue team, Bella's hands began to shake as she held her daughter closely and tried to comfort her. 

   The man continued to cry out in pain. 

* * *

   Bella bounced Emma in her arms, wiping the tears off of her cheeks as she watched Spencer's car pull up. He practically jumped out of the car, rushing over to Bella and Emma with his face contorted in concern. 

   "What happened?" he asked.

   "I found a man over there, must've fallen off the cliff somehow," Bella said. "Emma started crying, I think she can sense that he's in pain. I called a rescue team."

   "That's good," Spencer nodded, reaching out and taking Emma from Bella's arms. "Awww...come here, pumpkin. Daddy's got you, it's ok. It's ok, baby." 

   Emma buried her small face in Spencer's chest as her crying started to calm down. Spencer wiped the tears from her cheeks and planted a kiss on her forehead. He lightly bounced her in his arms, humming gently. Soon, the cars of the rescue team quickly sped into the parking lot. Multiple members jumped out as Bella flagged them down.

   "I found him over here," Bella said, leading the way. "Bad condition, he must've slipped or something."

   She led the rescue team over towards the ledge, peering over and pointing at the man. He continued to cry in pain as Bella looked down at him. A rescue member peered over the ledge and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

   "What is it?" Bella asked.

   "Ma'am," he said. "There's no one down there."

   "What?"

   Bella blinked her eyes and peered back over the ledge, the bleeding man now gone. No more pleas for help or cries of pain. Confusion swept over Bella's entire body as she continued to look down, shaking her head.

   "No, no," she said. "He's down there, there is something down there."

   "Ma'am," the man said.

   "Trust me!"

   The man let out a huff, "We'll take a look."

   "Thank you."

   Tying a rope around his waist, the man was lowered down the ledge by other members of the rescue team. Bella watched him get closer and closer towards the ground before finally setting his feet down. He looked around the sand before Bella watched as his face paled. 

   Reaching over, the man picked up a human skull and multiple human bones. He looked up at Bella and the rescue team, shock in his eyes as Bella held herself back from freaking out. 

   "Leave those there!" Bella yelled. "Exactly how you found them!"

   She pulled her phone out of her pocket again, only this time, she was calling Hotch. 

* * *

   Gus Humphries took one last puff of a cigarette before tossing it to the ground and stomping it out. He inhaled sharply before popping a piece of gum into his mouth and heading inside the large FBI building. He swiped his card and held his chin up as he passed through the long hallways, his eyes glancing over at passing agents before giving them a polite nod.

   He turned and adjusted his tie before pushing the doors open to the BAU. His eyes scanned the large room, taking in every single detail and trying to memorize every single face. A couple of women walked past him, giving him flirtatious smiles before giggling and blushing as he smiled back at them.

   With a heavy sigh, he turned and set his eyes on a familiar blonde sitting at her desk. With a grin spreading to his face, he slowly approached the blonde and reached his hand out as he got closer and closer. 

   "Boo!" Gus laughed as he grabbed Bella's shoulder.

   "Jesus!" Bella gasped in shock. "I swear to god, I'm going to kick you're--"

   Turning around in her chair, Bella's mouth dropped open once she saw that it was Gus, expecting it to have been Spencer. She gasped and stood up, reaching out and pulling the lanky man into a hug.

   "Good to see you too, blondie," Gus laughed. 

   "What the hell are you doing here?" Bella smiled. "I feel like I haven't seen you in so long!"

   "11 months to be exact." 

   "Shouldn't you be in a courtroom right now?"

   "I'm--uh--I'm actually not a defense attorney anymore."

   Bella furrowed her eyebrows, "What? You're not? How come?"

   "A new job was offered to me and, well, I just had to take it."

   As Bella opened her mouth to say something, Hotch walked into the room with a handsome Hispanic man following behind him. The man looked confident and strong, like he had waited his entire life to be there.

   "Everyone," Hotch announced, grabbing the attention of the entire team. "I'd like to introduce you to SSA Luke Alvez, he is joining us after previously working at the fugitive task force. I'd also like to welcome back Gus Humphries, who is now joining the team."

   Bella widened her eyes and turned to Gus, "You quit your job to come work here?"

   "You really think I'd turn this place down?" Gus replied, giving her a wink.

   The team patted Gus on the back, welcoming him to the team before shaking hands with Luke and greeting him. The two men smiled at the entire team, already feeling welcomed. Bella kept a smile glued to her face as well, feeling giddy inside.

   Gus had tried to fight to save Alistair's life, he was always there when Bella needed legal help. He was a hard worker and he was passionate about doing what was right. He was passionate about every career he got into.

   "So, I heard we've got unidentified bones we're dealing with," Luke said. "Who found them?"

   "I did," Bella said, raising her hand. "I think it's a man, the skeleton was thicker and looked bumpy."

   "Did you ever work in forensic anthropology?" 

   "No--I just...know things. I have an IQ of 179."

   "That makes sense."

   Spencer fiddled with a pen in his hand, "Mine is 187."

   Bella rolled her eyes, "He's also a show-off."

   "Am not," Spencer said.

   "Are too!" Bella argued back.

   Hotch frowned and turned to Luke, "They're the youngest on the team...as you can tell. They're also married to each other. You'll get used to it eventually."

   Luke chuckled as the sound of high heels clicking filled the air. Penelope came dashing out of her office with wide eyes and rosy cheeks. Her heels barely touched the ground as she hurried over to the team, gripping onto a piece of paper like her life depended on it.

   "Crimefighters!" she called out. "I have news! Big news! Probably the biggest news of the week!"

   "What is it?" Hotch asked.

   Penelope paused and looked up at the two men, "Gus Humphries, what are you doing here?"

   "I work here now," Gus grinned.

   "Ooh! Yay!" Penelope cheered before her gaze focused on Luke. "And...you are?"

   "SSA Luke Alvez," the handsome man answered. "And...you are?"

   Penelope narrowed her eyes, "The queen of the BAU."

   Luke slid his tongue over his teeth as he let out a laugh. Penelope continued to narrow her eyes at him before shaking her head, turning her attention back over to Hotch. 

   "Anyway," she continued. "I know who the bones belong to."

   "Who?" Tara asked.

   "Colby Granger."

   "Colby Granger?" Rossi questioned. "Are you serious?"

   "Who's Colby Granger?" JJ asked. 

   Hotch frowned, "He's an agent here in the bureau--well--was an agent. He went missing a month ago."

   "How did I never hear about this?" Tara asked.

   "Wife took 5 days to report him missing," Hotch continued. "No one could find any trace of him."

   "That's a red flag right there," Luke said.

   "Last time anyone saw him he was getting gas at a small gas station, 3 miles from where his bones were discovered," Rossi said. 

   Bella raised her eyebrows in shock and surprise. Hotch pressed his lips together and furrowed his eyebrows before glancing over at Gus and Bella.

   "Humphries, Snow, I want you to take a ride out to the Granger residence," Hotch ordered. "Talk to the wife, get as much as you can out of her."

   "Sure thing," Bella said, glancing up at Gus who grinned at her.

   He pulled the car keys out of his pocket as Bella turned and gave Spencer's hand a squeeze. She turned and followed Gus out of the building, a little pep in her step as they approached the car and climbed in. 

   "I think we both already know what happened," Gus said, starting the car.

   "I bet his wife was having an affair and wanted Colby out of the picture," Bella said, looking over at Gus. "She totally did it."

   "Totally."

   The two agents sped out of the parking lot. 

* * *

   Bella and Gus took a seat on the couch across from Katherine Granger. The brunette woman took a sip of her ice-cold water and set it down on the table beside her. Dark circles were underneath her eyes and she looked like she hadn't eaten in days.

   "So," she began. "You found my husband? You found his--bones?"

   "Yes, ma'am," Bella said. "We're very sorry."

   "I had a feeling this day would come."

   "Why do you say that?"

   "Well, he went missing. Colby was never gone for long, not unless he was working. I knew something bad happened. He wouldn't leave me."

   "Did you know where he was going?" Gus asked.

   Katherine shook her head, "No, I had no idea. I thought he was at work."

   "It was a Saturday."

   "He worked on weekends," Katherine whispered, her face reddening. 

   Gus scrunched his eyebrows together, "How often?"

   "Often enough for me to notice."

   Bella studied the woman's body language as Gus narrowed his eyes at her. He glanced over at Bella, the blonde raising her eyebrows at him before turning back to Katherine.

   "Where were you that Saturday?" Bella asked.

   "Here at home," Katherine said.

   "So no one can confirm that you were here? No witnesses."

   "Um...no."

   "Why did you wait so long to report your husband missing?"

   Katherine narrowed her eyes, "Am I being interrogated?" 

   "I'm only asking basic questions, Mrs. Granger. Why did you wait so long?"

   "I didn't!" 

   "5 days is a very long time," Gus said. "Especially, as you said, he would never disappear. So, why wouldn't you call it in sooner? It wasn't like Colby to disappear. Were you not concerned?"

   "I was concerned!" Katherine exclaimed. "He was my husband!" 

   "He had just taken out life insurance," Bella said, looking down at her files. "Right?"

   Katherine gulped, "Right."

   "And why was he at that hiking trail?" Gus asked. "Was he an outdoorsy type?"

   "I-I," Katherine stuttered. 

   "How did he manage to fall like that?" Bella asked. "No one stands on that ledge and falls unless something tragic happened. Do you think he slipped?"

   "I don't know," Katherine breathed.

   Gus raised his eyebrows, "Fell on his own?"

   "I don't know," Katherine repeated.

   "Katherine, was he pushed?" Bella spewed out.

   "I DON'T KNOW!" Katherine yelled, her cheeks turning red before she calmed down. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell." 

   Bella nodded and leaned in closer, "We know about the affair, Katherine. Just tell us what happened."

   Gus hid his grin, knowing that Bella was bluffing to get something out of Katherine. The thin woman paled as her hands began to shake. She looked between Bella and Gus before letting out a soft breath.

   "I was trapped, ok?" she breathed. "I had to get out."

   "Why?" Gus asked.

   "I didn't love Colby!"

   "What did you do?"

   Katherine swallowed and looked down, "We went hiking and I--I..."

   "Come on," Bella urged. "If you tell us what happened then we can work on a plea deal."

   With a nod, Katherine licked her lips, "He was being mean and I just...I pushed him. I pushed him harder than I thought and he tumbled and...fell. I didn't mean to kill him. I swear."

   Bella and Gus looked at each other, bursting with joy at the fact that it was so easy to open and close this case. 

   Gus slowly took out his handcuffs as Bella pushed stop on the recorder in her pocket. 

* * *

   Brushing out her long hair, Bella ran her fingers through it and took in the silky feel. She set her brush down and turned to climb into bed. She turned off the lamp on the nightstand and sunk deeper into the bed.

   "Night, Spence," she whispered, only to be met with no response. "Spence? You asleep?"

   "Uh...sorry," she heard Spencer sniffle. "Lost in my thoughts."

   "Are you crying?"

   "I-"

   Bella reached over and turned the light back on. Spencer rolled over and wiped the tears from his cheeks as sadness pained Bella's heart. She reached out and pulled Spencer into her arms, hearing him let out a quiet sob.

   "Love, what happened?" she asked, her voice soft. "What happened?"

   "It's my mom," Spencer said. "She--she's just getting worse. She keeps getting sicker and sicker, Bella. I don't know what to do."

   "Oh, Spence."

   Bella kissed the top of his head and hugged him. She held him tightly as he held onto her, taking in her warmth and comfort as tears continued to roll down his cheek.

   "Maybe she should come and live here," Bella offered. "That way, we can take care of her. You can see her more and she might be happier."

   "I know, I've thought about it," Spencer sniffled. "It's just that...her sickness makes her aggressive sometimes. I don't want her hurting you or Emma. I don't want that happening."

   "I'm sure we'd be fine, Spence."

   Spencer wiped a tear away, "There is some medicine in Mexico that I heard might help her."

   "Mexico?"

   "Yeah, it could help her a lot."

   "Is this medicine legal?"

   "Y-yeah."

   Bella paused, "Just...be smart. She is always welcome to live here. I can take time off work and take care of her."

   "Bells, you don't have to do that."

   "I like taking care of people."

   Spencer turned and let a dopey grin spread across his face. Bella grinned back at him and leaned in, planting a warm kiss on his lips. She could taste his salty tears staining his lips. 

   "Everything will be ok," Bella whispered.

   All Spencer could do was grin. 

______________________

Song: "Thank You" by Dido

A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks so much for reading! It really means a lot if you leave comments. For writers, it means the world. It lets us know that you care and are engaging with the story. I just want to hear your reactions and opinions. So please leave comments, it means the world to me. Thank you to those who leave comments on each chapter, you're the reason why I'm still writing. I hope you're all staying safe and healthy. I'll see you next time! Much love!

Also, I imagine Gus as Mike Faist. I don't know if that's because I'm currently obsessed with him, but that's the only face I can picture when I write him. Like, come on, how can you all NOT be obsessed with Mike Faist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 24.5K 27
"Hm," Rossi says. "You two must've been good friends." "Best friends," you say, grinning at Spencer. "Yeah," Spencer replies. "Best friends." ✧-It's...
34.4K 711 25
Y/n recently transferred to the BAU. She quickly became closer to a fellow agent than she ever thought possible. Will her past ruin her future, or wi...
193K 3.3K 19
you and spencer have known each other since your were both genius' in high school together. you loved each other's smarts and personality. you start...
2.3K 67 16
Maya Prentiss is Emily's little sister. She was a caring person with a big heart but the world can be cruel so now she hides that under sarcastic com...