The First Fae Mate

By Kayla_Bee23

~Alpha Awards 2023 Winner~ Wattpad official Werewolf page Visena Sage knows two things for sure. Her name, a... More

Authors note | Introduction
One | Memory
Two | Dogs
Three | Home
Four | Dirty
Five | Blunt
Six | Punch
Seven | Tear
Eight | California King
Nine | Council
Ten | Dinner
Eleven | Intruder
Twelve | Soaked
Thirteen | Choke
Fourteen | Cry
Fifteen | Pepper
Sixteen | Hypnotised
Seventeen | Blood Moon
Eighteen | Shift
Nineteen | Hard
Twenty-one | Changeling
Twenty-two | Veil
Twenty-three | Hina
Twenty-four | Hide-n-seek
Twenty-five | Ticklish
Twenty-six | Yearning
Twenty- seven | child lock
Twenty-eight | Jurisdiction
Twenty- nine | Trickery
Thirty | Intrigue
Thirty-one | Hello?
Thirty-two | Peach
Thirty-three | Too late
Thirty-four | Gone?
Thirty- five | Little Lady...
Thirty-six | Little shit
Thirty-seven| Erithacus rubecula
Thirty-eight | Remember?
Thirty-nine | Confessions
Forty | Gift
Forty-one | Panic
Forty-two | Broken
Forty- three | Rabid
Forty-four | Bow to me
Forty- five | Cold Iron
Forty- six | Dam
Forty-seven | Powerful
Part Two: Forty-eight | Rest
Forty-nine | Weird...
Fifty | Kids
Fifty-one | Regium
Fifty-two | Wake-up
Fifty-three | American Alpha
Fifty-four | Faer
Fifty-five | Mate
Fifty-six | Goodbyes
Fifty-seven | Beta
Fifty-eight | Ceremony
Fifty-nine | Death
Sixty | Humans
Sixty-one | Fault
Sixty-two | Death wish
Sixty-three | Sky Fae
Sixty-four | Promise
Sixty- five | Conspiracies
Sixty-six | Betrayal
Sixty-seven | Murderous
Sixty-eight | Mother
Sixty-nine | Returned
Epilogue

Twenty | Spells

6.8K 376 84
By Kayla_Bee23

"Alpha? We need a word."

Visena's eyes were bleary as she turned toward the incessant knocking sounds and apprehensive voice. Gideon was already perched on the bed's edge, wiping sleep from his eyes. The sun shone brightly through the window, revealing the pair had slept in.

He rose with a groan, pulled a shirt on and glanced at his mate before opening the door. The Alpha stood blocking the gap in true gentlemanly fashion so no eyes would peer in and bother Visena. The gesture was so sweet she suppressed a giggle in the duvet.

"What is it, Gammas?"

"The pack may have found out about you potentially having a mate, and they want to know what's happening." It was Jed.

"Prim was very loud last night... Some wolves overheard." Eve. 

Visena almost burst into laughter hearing Eve's poorly thought out choice of words. If Prim's voice carried from the Medical building, which was tucked away from all the main cabins, then surely the pack could hear everything. So how did any of these wolves... you know... Fuck? 

Gideon tilted his head and sighed to the ceiling. "One day of peace was too much to ask for, I see." 

Visena had used that time to pad over to the blocked doorway quietly and, with a grunt, squeezed her head under his arm. "Morning! How are you?"

They both bowed their heads, and Visena nearly slapped them. "Don't do that. I'm still the same person I was yesterday. Please don't treat me differently."

Eve and Jed shared a glance then looked up to Gideon with uncertainty which made Visena bristle.

"Don't look at him. He's not the boss of how you treat me."

Gideon's chuckle made her blush. His arm dropped from the door frame and rested across her shoulders, fingers lightly swirling patterns across her bicep. His warmth and stimulating touch sent tingles down her spine and between her legs.

"Sorry, A- Visena, it's just a pack thing," Jed remarked, looking sheepish.

"If you don't want us to view you differently, maybe lay off on the Alpha commands," Eve added wryly. "It's basically impossible for us to resist."

Gideon's calculating stroking continued as the Gamma's stated their piece. However, he wasn't particularly focused on them; instead, the petite Fae pressed against his side.

Visena's eyes shot open as her thighs squeezed shut. If their hearing was good, what about their sense of smell... Oh goddammit, shut up, Visena! She chastised herself internally. Self-sabotaging perv. Now she was heating up all over. "Sorry! Um, I'll try not to..."

The four of them stood awkwardly in the doorway. Jed apparently had the biggest balls of the group. "So... Will you come to make an announcement now?"

Gideon looked down at his mate and winced. "Will you come with me?" Her glowing smile appeared to put him at ease. 

She was glad he didn't realise how awkward she was. "Of course, just let me get showered and changed first." Among other things.

Both Gamma's tilted their heads at the Alpha's and retreated quickly down the stairs. Visena headed to her room when Gideon dragged her backwards and shut the door. "What are you doing, Gideon?" she asked with a yelp.

"Just five minutes." His head dipped to her neck as he kissed along her throat. She sighed delightedly and cupped his face, bringing his lips to hers. It was as if he could read her mind. 

With a lust-filled groan, Gideon lifted Visena and carried her to the California king before tripping on a pile of laundry and sprawling across the mattress. He had twisted midair so as not to crush his mate, and Visena squealed as she landed on top of him. "Are you okay?"

He answered by lifting his mouth to hers again with a crimson flush across his cheekbones. Visena peppered kisses across his lips before she couldn't resist the temptation any longer. It was as if the words had a mind of their own. "Looks like you've already fallen for me..."

Visena's grin was contagious. Gideon hid the smile in his hands and replaced it with a groan. They both fell into a small fit of laughter as they made eye contact again. "Stop Visena. We have to go soon." 

Gideon's flustered look made Visena giggle even harder. He pushed her off gently and flipped himself on top of her. Her laughter paused, but her flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes persisted. "Looks like the big, bad Alpha is embarrassed," Visena said breathily.

Gideon pulled a face before kissing her forehead and pushing himself off the bed. "Let's get ready..."

...

Visena gulped and wrung her hands, leaving the Packhouse that morning. As it turned out, every Invictus wolf had come for the announcement. All one hundred and something. In fact, the only wolves she couldn't find were her friends. "Where are Eve and Prim?"

 Gideon lay a comforting hand on her lower back. "Calypso," was all he said before facing the eager crowd.

"I've been told some of you overheard a conversation I had with our Delta last night and took it upon yourselves to share that with... Everyone." Many wolves took on a guilty look. Visena couldn't blame Prim; all of these bloody wolves were gossips! And eavesdroppers. Although, she couldn't really blame the Invictus wolves either. They were like a massive, oversharing family. No petty squabbles or rows had broken out for Visena's entire stay. Except for maybe Eve and Gideon... But even that animosity didn't last long before they were awkwardly hugging and making up. She wondered if her blood family were like that. 

"I understand your eagerness considering this pack hasn't had a female Alpha since my mother died," Gideon said with a sigh. "I don't have as much information as you deserve. As far as I'm aware, my mate is the first of her kind." 

There were a few murmurs at this. 

"She is not just Fae as many of you presumed. She is also a Wolf."

The crowd looked moderately uncomfortable. "How do we know it's not a trick? She could just be casting Faery spells on you! On all of us!"

Visena searched for the voice's owner but found they were too bunched together. Her eyes drew to her mother standing near the sparring squares with a calculating expression. Visena raised her brows at her, eliciting a smile from Esmerelda. She tilted her head as if to say, 'they're all yours.'

When Visena was about to speak up, a warm, feminine voice spoke from the forest. "Half Fae, huh?"

The pack's hackles rose, and they all took defensive stances. Gideon held out his hand in a stop gesture while Visena unabashedly walked towards the voice.

The woman looked powerful. Her muscles rippled as she moved; the shadow cast from the midday sun showed heavily defined abdominals. She must have run here as a wolf, Visena thought. Her attire was a sports bra and athletic shorts. No shoes. Her dark eyes were vigilant and complimented her bronze skin. 

Visena was drawn to the woman.

"Alpha Thyra," Gideon bowed his head slightly, and she reciprocated.

"You're the Praelia Alpha?" Visena asked.

"I came to see who had my border patrol wolves so... excited." Thyra's tone gave away nothing. She truly embodied her Packs namesake; she was a warrior.

Visena could sense some of the Praelia pack members hiding in the tree line. Her eyes flicked to her mother again, who was now shimmering. Esmerelda winked at her daughter before blinking out of existence. She wasn't gone, but she was invisible. Her mother was using a Glamour. The earth sprouted dark green grass and flat top mushrooms in a perfect circle beneath her feet. Visena tutted. No one would be able to use that square now.

"I must say," Thyra's voice broke through Visena's inner monologue. "I'm not that impressed..."

Visena's eyes returned to the visiting Alpha and crinkled. "I am. You are stunning."

Thyra's mouth opened and closed a few times. 

She was not expecting that reception.

"Be careful, Thyra. If you make an enemy of me, you will regret it." Visena walked closer, leaving Gideon to stand with his pack. "But that won't happen. I have a good feeling about you."

Thyra finally regained her voice. " My wolves are supposed to be loyal to me only. So how do you expect me to trust you when it seems like you're trying to steal my pack?"

"Careful what you imply," Gideon ground out between clenched teeth.

Visena silenced him with a look and took off her top layers until she only stood in underwear. Thyra watched sceptically while the Invictus pack edged closer. It was much easier to shift this time, and Visena stood proud in her wolf form in a blink. In the sunlight, her fur shone. Almost blindingly so. The pack gasped in collective amazement. She strutted the remaining distance to Thyra and trotted around her before playfully nudging her shoulder. Thrya undressed and shifted while Visena sat on her haunches observing. 

Thyra's mahogany wolf was fierce and prowled around Visena's massive wolf form. For such a petite Fae woman, her wolf was unnaturally large. They eyed each other for a few tense moments before Visena huffed. She let out a long howl, reminiscent of the night before, and Thyra stiffened. Half of the Invictus pack shifted involuntarily, and Visena cringed slightly. Whoops. Tattered clothes covered the path. Her eyes hardened. Everyone better pick up their mess, or there be hell to pay.

She looked over at Gideon and blinked. In her wolf form, she felt their bond so strong it hurt. Visena had to look away before the ache grew unbearable. Thyra shifted back, redressing and nodding with a strange expression.

"I get it now."

~~~

A/N 

Thanks for reading!

It's going to start heating up sooon. 

Let me know what you think. 

Also, we somehow got 1K reads when I wasn't looking! 

Love those little milestones <3

Until next time xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.2K 3K 51
Rosalie Brookwood , Queen of all wolves and magical creatures Born in the Medieval time era . Half Werewolf ,Half Vampire. Her mother died in a ro...
135K 7.6K 74
Supernatural creatures are real. They are a part of the world now, instead of hiding in the shadows. They want to belong. Will they? When Davyna's mo...
121K 4.4K 64
Book 1 of The Lost Crown Series "Miss Selena Wilson, I have enough evidence, right at this instant to announce you as a traitor to the pack. You are...
1.9M 94.7K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...