Power Built In Sorrow (Male R...

By Hellbound199

A Young Man Lost His Family And Closest Friend To An Bandit Attack. During The Confrontation The Child Unlock... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55: Epilogue

Chapter 51

515 11 3
By Hellbound199

You sit in Daedalus street, head hanging low. You feel your anger rising up, yet your body refuses to move.

Covered in a cloak you acquired from a recently killed adventurer, you avoid detection.

"This is wrong. I've taken too many lives already, I... I should stop." You mumble, occasionally slipping off the Entity's control but not enough to remove influence.

"Stop? Stop!? Did Ares stop!? Did Vonika stop!? I gave you power, yet you do nothing with it!" The Entity whispers, dragging his ragged voice around you.

"Once again, your emotions made you vulnerable. Look at you. Look at what Vonika had done." The Entity continues, drilling the recent events into your skull.

"Your sister is turned against you, following the very same man who made your life hell. Pathetic." It teases.

"What ever happened to protecting the family? Hestia's in Ares' hands. Listen to her screams!" It laughs.

A blood-curdling scream overwhelms your ears. Tears fall from your eyes and into the ground.

"Crying, are we?" The Entity asks, his laughter returning louder.

"Look at you. The feared Godkiller is on the floor, crying. How is Ares going to take you seriously now?" It teases. Your head throbs in pain once more, hearing the screams of the souls the Entity dropped onto you.

"Please, just make it stop." You cry, dropping your weapon.

"You want it to stop?" It asks, "Then you have to finish what you started." The Entity orders, raising your head.

Your vision reddens, citizens of Daedalus... no! Knights of Ares flood the street, looking for you.

"I have a gift." The Entity chuckles.

Black ink flows out of your chest and into your shoulders, forming the arms you recently lost. You look at the newly formed hands and open them. All feeling has returned.

"Two Pendants..."

"One connotes your suffering, and the other, the suffering you will give to them." The Entity says his farewell for now and leaves.

You stand up and throw away the cloak, "I will make you all pay!" You shout, cracking the two pendants in your hands.

Chains appear out of nowhere and attach themselves to the closest Ares knight. The chains pierce through his arms and legs, lifting him from the ground.

"Starting with you." You smile, walking closer to the man.

"It's the Godkiller!" One scream in fear. Everyone turns his attention to him before seeing you. Panic ensues.

You feel something move inside your arms. A dire crow's head pops out. It caws, flying away before latching onto a female knight, pecking her eyes out.

More fly out of your arms, swarms of them. You cackle in joy as the cacophony of the knight's screams fills your ears, silencing the souls eating away at your sanity.

▲▼▲▼▲

Vonika stands with S/N outside Miach's potion store, the Blue Pharmacy. She smiles, remembering the fun talks with Naaza back then inside.

Back then... before she ultimately chose Ares over Y/N and the others.

"I need to face the consequences." Vonika mumbles, catching the attention of S/N.

"Who are the people inside, Vonika? I can feel them." S/N asked, snapping her out of her fear and anxiousness.

"The people inside are your brother's friends and family." She answers.

"Do you think they will help us get him back?" S/N asks, looking at the wooden door with the closed sign hanging from the handle.

"I know they will." Vonika says, breathing in as she steeled herself. She walks closer and knocks on the door.

Someone cautiously opens it, and she is face to face with Welf. The man's light grey-blue eyes meet hers, and his pupils constrict in anger.

"You!" Welf growls, grabbing his greatsword, "You have a lot of courage coming back here after what you did!" He shouts in pure anger.

A monster appears in front of Vonika, adorning large horns. Welf jumps back, alerting the others. Vonika panics and kneels down on the ground in front of S/N.

"No. S/N don't. He's a friend. We just didn't leave... on good terms." Vonika says, trying to calm the girl down.

The others stare in surprise, seeing a little girl wield possibly one of Y/N's summons. Vonika turns around and kneels down in front of everybody.

"Forgive me, Goddess. You took me in as your own, and I betrayed you. I was blinded by my need to feel accepted by my mother that I forgot I already was here." Vonika apologizes, laying her head low.

"Naaza..." Vonika tries to continue, but Naaza runs towards her, embracing her in a tight hug.

"I know. Y/N told me before he became that..." Naaza says, smiling widely after seeing Vonika in person again.

"Speaking of Y/N. I'm sure you're here to help us cure him." Hestia says, noting Vonika's new appearance and injuries but setting that aside. For now.

"Yes. The Entity is playing with Y/N's mind, making him see all of us as his enemies." Vonika quickly explains.

"I brought his sister to snap him out of it, but it seems he's too far gone." She continues.

"What do you suppose we do?" Hestia asks.

"The Entity can't manipulate too much of the people Y/N knows and loves. I saw him snap out of it for a bit when all three of us stood against him." Vonika says.

"My guess is that we all have to try and stop him. The Entity can't show all of us as enemies." Vonika continues.

"What if it backfires? What if this Entity actually can make us all look like enemies. We'd have no choice but to take him down." Welf argues, still not trusting Vonika.

"If that's the case, we need to start another one of Rakia's invasion on Orario." Vonika says, surprising everyone in the room.

Welf raises his long sword. With him are Ouka and Chigusa, "Are you listening to yourself?!" Welf shouts.

"Hestia, it's clear. She's just trying to do what she did before." Welf glares at Vonika, his hands shaking in anger.

"No. Listen to her reasons first." Hestia said, raising her hands to stop the three from attacking Vonika.

"I know it sounds crazy. But if the Entity is projecting Bell as Ares in his eyes, we need to make him see the real enemy." She explains.

"Are you sure this will work?" Hestia asks, surprising the others that she's actually considering it.

Vonika bites her lip, this is just a theory, but this is the last method, "I'm sure this will work." She says bitterly.

"I know you have your problems to deal with already, but I need your help. I will do what I can to stop Y/N right now." Vonika says. Hestia nods.

"We have a Familia War on our hands right now, but I will do all I can to help Y/N." Hestia says.

"That's it! The War! All of us will be there. I'll be the one to lead Y/N there when the time comes. If he doesn't snap out of it, then we will have to go with plan b." Vonika explains.

An explosion of screams erupts outside. Vonika opens the door to see crows fly around everywhere in a particular area in Orario.

"Please take care of his sister. I don't want her getting hurt." Vonika requests, running outside to stop Y/N.

"We have to alter the plan. Someone needs to go fetch Ryuu and call Y/N's allies in a nearby village Athello." Hestia says, Naaza volunteers, quickly leaving

"The selfishness of these Gods, Apollo wants to continue the war while Y/N is rampaging for the sake of winning." She mumbles in irritation and anger.

<Smol Timeskip>

Apollo slams his fists onto the stone table. He's been waiting for Hestia to appear so they can start negotiating the terms of the war.

"What is Hestia doing?" He grits his teeth, days passing by without her appearing, "She's not skipping out again today, is she?" Apollo continues.

"She's sick. What do you want?" Miach reasons.

"She got a terrible fever after your children chased her all over town. The stress of what's happening to the Godkiller has reached her as well." Takemikazuchi continues.

"She's making it up, of course. I wonder if the shrimp's preparing to run away." Loki proudly declares, mocking Hestia.

Every God who attended bursts out in laughter at Loki's remark.

A suddenly loud scream echoes the whole area, stopping the laughter, "I'll kill you all! I'll kill your God and every single deity who stands in my way of freedom!" Your shouts can be heard by every God, instantly changing the mood.

"She doesn't know when to give up. I'll have to tell the Guild she forfeited." Apollo declares, earning shouts of intrigue and shock from the audience.

The doors open, gaining the attention of everyone. Hestia stands there with a smile, "Hey. Kept you waiting, huh?" She says.

Apollo smiles at her as she sits down. The two stare eye to eye, ready to talk negotiations.

"If we win the War Game, I'm taking Bell Cranel and that prized Godkiller of yours. I want to make that clear at the start." Apollo declares.

"Are you sure? In this state?" Hestia asks, wanting him to back down.

"There's nothing I couldn't heal." Apollo smiles proudly.

Hestia clicks her tongue, 'So that's what keeps these Gods from panicking.' She thought.

"And if we win?" Hestia asks, continuing the negotiations.

"We'll agree to any conditions you have." He says with a proud look, "Recorder, make sure you've got that done." He adds, signifying his certainty of winning.

"So, how will you fight? It's not gonna be fun if you screw this up!" Loki pipes in, getting some hums of agreement from the crowd.

"As of now, we only have Bell. Why don't we have each side choose one representative to fight?" Hestia says, planning a one-on-one fight.

Apollo chuckles, "You only have one member because you're lazy and are incapable of keeping a member like the Godkiller in line. You can't use that as a reason." Apollo said, trying his hardest to ensure victory.

"Let's hear what everybody else thinks." Apollo gestures to the crowd where his opinions weigh more than Hestia's.

"We can pull from the list of proposals by lottery." He suggests. Of course, the famous and richer God is listened to.

The lottery box is placed in the middle, Hermes standing behind it. Beside him were the two Gods fighting.

"This drawing is so important, and you want me to do it?" Hermes asks, not really okay with him being the one who will choose which Familia will lose.

"You're neutral. And trustworthy." Apollo says.

"We're counting on you, Hermes!" Hestia interjects.

"Oh, dear..." Hermes says, scratching the back of his head.

He puts his hand on the lottery box and pulls out a piece of paper. Hermes opens it and emits a sound of surprise and disappointment.

He shows the paper to Hestia, "Sorry. It's a siege." He apologizes. Hestia slams her fists on the table while Apollo laughs in victory.

"This is great! It was a fair drawing. No complaints, Hestia." Apollo says, smiling ear to ear.

"Out of all the proposals, he drew that." Miach says while Takemikazuchi looks irritated beside him.

"That's the one where numbers matter most." Takemikazuchi says in dismay.

"You can't defend a castle with one person. So you can be the attackers." Apollo says, looking down on Hestia.

Hermes raises his hand, "Excuse me, can I say something?" He says, looking quite guilty.

"I'm not saying this because I drew the lots. But this just isn't fair. How about we let Hestia's side have some help?" He suggests. Feeling bad for the small Familia that already has other problems.

"No." Apollo quickly shuts down the suggestion. "A War Game is a battle between Familias. If you let her have help, the divine rules..." Hermes is about to explain until Freya enters the conversation.

"You scared, Apollo?" She mocks, gaining the attention of said God, "The idea of helpers really shook you, huh? Don't you love your children more than that?" Freya continues.

The audience starts supporting her decision as small hums of agreement turn into boisterous shouts. Hestia looks at Freya astonishingly.

"Helpers! Helpers! Helpers!" The crowd shouts. For once, the audience isn't with Apollo.

"Don't insult me!" Apollo shouts. But the shoutings didn't cease, leaving him no choice, "Fine. She can have a helper." He agrees, stopping the chants.

"But only one, and from a familia outside Orario!" Apollo shouted, trying to spice things up, though it went horribly.

"Petty." Takemikazuchi and Miach comment.

"So petty." Hestia added.

For a man who's already on the winning side, he sure does want numerous requests.

<Timeskip>

The three Gods are on the lift, talking about the following courses of action.

"We're at a disadvantage, but given how much stress Bell will be under, even one helper is great." Hestia says, already looking for a fine helper.

"But do you have any ideas?" Miach asks.

"Are there good adventurers outside of Orario?" Takemikazuchi follows.

"I already have one in mind. I just need the girl's acceptance." Hestia answers.

"But it's all..." She starts, walking out of the lift before turning around, "...gonna wait until after we've rescued the supporter!" She says, sporting a smile someone on the losing side shouldn't have.

▲▼▲▼▲

Naaza and Ryuu run out the walls of Orario and towards Athello. Ryuu didn't even need Mia's approval. If it's for helping Y/N, she'll do with all she can.

"Tell me the plan." Ryuu asks, wearing her adventurer outfit.

"Vonika returns with Y/N's sister. Our first plan is to snap him out of the one controlling him." Naaza starts.

"If he doesn't, then we'll have to divert his attention into killing Ares so his bond with the Entity will break." She continues.

Ryuu merely nods and runs faster. Naaza does her best to catch up with her.

▲▼▲▼▲

"Already gotten free, have you, girl?" The Entity speaks through Y/N's mouth.

"Yes. And Y/N will be free from you too." Vonika shouts. The Entity laughs.

"Then come talk to him to see if he's still with you." It teases. Your body collapses and slowly stands up.

"Vonika! You traitorous bitch! Why can't you just leave us alone!" You shout, teleporting beside her.

You swing your bone-scythe, planning on beheading her, but Vonika blocks yours with her own.

"I never really could read you, Vonika. Is your scythe some sort of sign that you're in denial after trying so hard to betray me?" You growl.

"Or a memento of your victory against me." You ask, summoning numerous bear traps in the ground, trapping Vonika in one area.

"If I wanted a trophy, then I would've taken yours." Vonika says as she charges up her cross. She slams it into the ground, enveloping it in blinding light.

All the bear traps disappear, angering you, "More powers, so this was your motive." You say with a toothy grin.

"You're dumber than when I left you." Vonika teases, getting into your skin. You screech inhumanly and dash towards her once more.

"You always commented how weak I was in close quarters. How about we go about it, scythe to scythe, no powers." She requests.

"I'll paint this street with your blood." You growl, dropping your pendants on the ground.

'Good, he fell for it.' Vonika thought, charging up her cross.

Both of you charge at each other. You get blinded by white light and stagger backward. Vonika knees you in the gut.

You growl and are about to tackle her until you feel the cold touch of the cross right on your forehead. The cross smokes as it touches your forehead, emitting a light-blue light.

You couldn't move...

And she couldn't move either...

"I will hold you in this position until the time is right." Vonika says.

"You will run out of energy soon enough." You threaten, "And when you do..." You continue. But stop as you see her body glow.

The nine circles appear on her arm, going up into her shoulder. The symbols detach from her body and merge before being absolved in white light.

"Redemption." She mutters. A light envelops Vonika, flaming white light.

"I will repeat myself. I will hold you in this position until the time is right." She continues, her voice echoing with angelic sounds talking with her.

"Vonika." You smile at her. She refuses to stare at you, thinking it's another trick, "Thank you for helping my little sister." You thank her, feeling at peace after the Entity's control.

Yet she refuses to acknowledge that you're here.

"I know you think this is a trick. It's not. I want to tell you that I forgive you." You continue, feeling the burn from the cross start to dissipate.

"You suffered already. I don't want to make you suffer more." You continue. She looks away as tears fall down her chin.

You can feel the cross slightly move from your forehead. You grab her hand, surprising her. You felt the urge to push it away, but you bring it closer, the pain returning.

You wince, "Hold on for me, Vonika. I-I don't want to die here. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. I want to hug my sister. Let me have that." You request, feeling the Entity writhe in anger inside your body.

"You will, Y/N. Hold on too." She says, wiping her tears with another hand.

The citizens of Daedalus start to walk out of their hiding spots, helping those injured in the Godkiller's outburst.

"If nothing works, Vonika. I want you to end me here. I'll take whatever punishment they have for me in the afterlife. Just make sure I won't hurt others no more." You admit. Not really believing in salvation after what you did.

"No. This will work, Y/N. Benedict still has to see you." She says, smiling through tears.

"Benedict? After so long, after all the problems I caused him... He's still willing to help me?" You ask.

"He is. All of us are. You just need to prove to us that you're willing to help yourself." Vonika scolds.

"I've seen you accept the Entity, dumbass. I'll kick your ass once this is all over." She chuckles, feeling her power flare out with her emotions.

"I'll hold you on that. I detested whenever I got hit by you and Goddess most of the time but now. Now..." You chuckle, tears pouring out.

"... I'd do anything to get hit in the back of the head by Goddess again, I-I I'll willingly clean the entirety of Orario just to make it up to her." You laugh.

"I don't want everything to end here."

"It won't."

▲▼▲▼▲

Welp. This is Chapter 51. Bye!

Finally got some free time to continue this. I know most of you had forgotten about this story already, but I won't let my promises just end like that. I'll finish this story, just like I wanted.

The latest chapters might've been shit compared to the first ones, but I'm trying. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive and going.

Thank you again. You guys don't know the joy I feel whenever I get notifs of votes and comments on this book. It's one of my very first accomplishments, not much, but I really am proud of it.

Bye and thank you again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 215 10
Bell and Lefiya have traveled trough Times and are now trying to save the Danmachi verse from a dark fate.
17.2K 837 22
What if a young man from Earth suddenly found himself transported into the world of Danmachi with his favorite book, the Necronomicon? This is the st...
76.8K 808 26
the story of Danmachi where Bell head's to Oranio, only this time, Enyo decides to move back to Oranio as she decided that even if the Loki and Freya...
15.4K 309 14
Following the events of Danmachi Light Novel 18, Bell is walking through Orario, trying to clear his mind. Bell is a level 5 but soon will realize th...