Forbidden Flower of Moriarty...

By yourtypicalgirl_12

"You are the pure flower trapped inside this cage of evil." Elise Moriarty is the youngest and the only daugh... More

Prologue: The Moriarty's only daughter
Chapter 1: Medicine
Chapter 2: The Perfect Crime
Chapter 3: A New Place
Chapter 4: Tea Party
Chapter 5: Hidden Away
Chapter 6: Kidnapped
Chapter 7: For thirteen years...
Chapter 8: Encounter
Chapter 9: Report
Chapter 10: Annihilation
Chapter 11: Want
Special Chapter 1: Gift
Chapter 12: I'm sorry
Chapter 13: Be honest
Chapter 14: Rivalry
Special Chapter 2: College
Chapter 15: Troubles and worries
Chapter 16: A visit to Baker Street, 221 B
Chapter 17: Fear
Chapter 18: Good morning.
Chapter 19: Silent Prima Donna
Chapter 20: Negotiation
Chapter 21: Old and new comrades
Chapter 22: Whitechapel
Chapter 23: A game of tag
Special chapter 3: Reason
Gallery
Halloween Fanarts
Chapter 24: A small step
Chapter 25: The Durham guest
Chapter 26: Moriarty Tea Party/Battlefield
Chapter 27: Turmoil
Chapter 28: Enemy
Chapter 30: Admit
Chapter 31: The Final Act Begins
Chapter 32: Sign
Chapter 33: His final wish
Chapter 34: Connecting the dots
Chapter 35: Bearing the cross
Chapter 36: Live
Chapter 37: I will wait for him
Chapter 38: Three years
Special Chapter 4: Shopping
Chapter 39: Return
Special Chapter 5: Honest
Chapter 40: Trick
Chapter 41: Forgiveness
Special Chapter 6: Friend
Chapter 42: Reunion
Epilogue
Author's final note (an update)

Chapter 29: Lend a hand

1.6K 79 18
By yourtypicalgirl_12

A/N: Hai hai this is your beloved author who has finally risen from the grave~. I'm soooo sorry for not updating according to my supposed schedule.

Did you guys miss me? = ̄ω ̄=

To make it up for you, I could answer some questions in case there's something you are curious or confused about in this fanfic. This author will try her best to answer them~

Random question to seiyuu fans: who do you think is a good Japanese VA for Elise? (。・ω・。) Just a little curious ehe.

Anyhowsss, here's the update~

Disclaimer: I don't own the pics used. Credits to the owner/s.

Happy reading!!

------------------------------------

"Haaah?!" Sherlock could not believe the the first headline he saw upon reading the newspaper. "What the... You've got to be kidding me...!"

He was intrigued that the the Lord of Crimes finally went public, but after seeing the next news that followed, his mood changed.

"Whiteley was murdered...?"

Sherlock sensed that something was not right with how everything is playing out. He was pretty sure that, although the Lord of Crimes is the mastermind of the killing of nobles, there was no way he would kill the young MP without reason.

"John!!"

However, his flatmate of a doctor/writer was out for the day, and he'll have no one to discuss about his theory for the crime.

"Damn... I guess he won't be back until tonight." He scratched his hair in irritation after seeing that he's alone. "Haa... What business could John be doing?! Is there something more important than the appearance of the Lord of Crime?!"

His eyes then went to the clock on the corner and noticed that it's almost time for him to go meet his older brother.

"Talking to that bastard... I guess it's better than talking to myself and the skull ring."

He took one glance to his worktable where the numerous trials of combined herbs and medicine were all laid out and labeled with a trial number on each glass. He hasn't exactly finalized the medicine but he was almost reaching the end line. He might be needing John's additional opinion once he's done, though he won't fully explain to whom it is for to him.

He draped his coat over his shoulder before leaving the building to meet the older Holmes.

***

Sherlock was dropped off by the carriage on London City Center, were Mycroft Holmes' Diogenes club is located.

The club his older brother founded was rather strange, as no one is allowed to talk, save for the Stranger's room. Three offenses shall lead to expulsion of the member who failed to follow the rules.

He considered it ridiculous but at the same time, a source of entertainment. He slightly played around (note: bullied) a few members and nonchalantly exposed another member's affair in attempt to make them speak.

Once he entered the Stranger's room, he was greeted by his older brother Mycroft.

At first, the two Holmes brothers had a small analysis contest (in which Mycroft won again, making their score 674 to 0) before getting serious.

"I want to hear your analysis of the Lord of Crime." Mycroft tells him with a knowing smirk.

Sherlock looked at him for a moment before telling him his observations and theory. He deduced that the Lord of Crime is a "noble criminal", and what happened to Whiteley is not what it seems to be on paper. He theorized that the late MP committed a crime and the crime was triggered by a third party which forced the criminal mastermind to kill him to protect his honor as the defender of justice. Additionally, it was also to prevent the possibility of a failed equal society once the public knows the truth.

To the younger Holmes' surprise and annoyance, Mycroft laughed a little. Sherlock was not pleased by it. "What's with that reaction? I came here all the way and that's all you have to say?"

"Not really... I was wondering if you are aware of the rumor claiming the Lord of Crime to be a woman."

He could not help but snicker a bit. "Ah, that one. They were probably thinking that the Lord of Crime used that title to hide the fact that the mastermind is a woman to avoid suspicions."

"What do you think about that rumor, Sherly?"

"Typical gossip around nobles. I don't think the Lord of Crime is someone who would even conceal his true gender."

The older Holmes chuckled lightly, but for a different reason. "Regardless, about what your analysis... At least you're on the right track."

Mycroft stood up and reminded him that he has no time left in capturing the Lord of Crimes, since that the latter became an enemy of the whole country and the government won't hesitate to hunt him down and assassinate him behind the scenes.

Sherlock was confident that he'll be the first one to catch him.

As for the third party who conducted the crime, they already have an idea who it is. Someone who is quite infamous for his method of blackmailing with snake-like eyes and personality.

"As for the Lord of Crime..." Sherlock paused before glancing back to Mycroft. "It's William James Moriarty."

There was not a single hint of surprise on the elder's face. "Hoh... The younger brother of Count Moriarty?"

He didn't say anything as he observed his expression.

"Sherly." He continued. "I don't care if you catch the Lord of Crime or not. Just don't make a mistake."

"Hah..." The detective smirked at him before leaving. "Then we're done here."

Mycroft watched as his younger brother closed the door behind him before looking down at his teacup.

"...Don't die, Sherlock."

***

"Shitty aniki..." Sherlock jammed his hands to his pockets as he walked home. "From that question, it is likely that he too already knows who the Lord of Crime is... He didn't react to hearing Liam's name which is also suspicious. I don't know if my answer is correct or if it's far off...!"

He was nearing to Baker Street when he halted for a bit, an image of a certain brunette entered his mind.

"But...what does make Lis then?" He thinks about it while recalling his previous encounter with the Moriarty siblings and with Elise.

"Liam is her older brother and if Liam is really the Lord of Crimes... There is a possibility that she knows and is helping him as an accomplice. Or maybe she knows but she pretends not to know. However, there's also a possibility that Liam kept it hidden from her. Seeing that Liam really cares for her...like the sis-con he probably is, he probably kept it secret."

He leaned up to watch the sky gradually darkening in a reddish and orange tone.

"Haah... I'm not really sure what her role is... If she's an accomplice of the Lord of Crimes or if she's unaware that her brother is the criminal mastermind... But even so, one thing is clear. Lis is someone important to Liam. That's all I could think as of now."

***

Back to the Moriarty manor in London, a lone figure was lounging by the couch with a wine at hand. Moments later, he was joined in by another figure who gently knocked on the open door to catch his attention.

"Hmm? Elise?" Albert saw Elise enter the living room, where he is currently staying and drinking.

"I apologize for disturbing you, Albert-nii-sama." She tells him. "But... may I join you tonight for a drink?"

He motioned her to sit next to him and poured her a glass of wine, to which she accepted in gratitude.

"It's been a while since we drank together privately." The older brunette smiled a little nostalgically. "You don't drink quite often like I do, after all."

"Fufufu. But I do enjoy a good wine every once in a while, onii-sama." She smiled back at him before taking a sip. "We share the same taste, after all."

He let out a chuckle in reply. "I suppose so."

They drank in silence while savoring the wine, save for the gentle crackling of burning wood from the fireplace. Elise stared at her wine glass filled with red wine before asking.

"Albert-onii-sama... may I ask why are you drinking wine at this hour?"

He contemplated for a moment before stating his reply. "I figured it's a waste of such a good wine only to be kept in the basement. It's good to take a drink every once in a while."

But of course, his reply was a lie and Elise was aware of it, just how Albert was aware that his sister could tell he's lying. Even so, the young lady never forced him to be honest nor be angry that he would lie to her.

Elise is kind and understanding, after all, and Albert felt a little guilty that he might have been taking advantage of her kindness.

"That may be true but..." She faced him with a little worried expression while making a small smile. "You only drink wine this late and alone whenever you are having troubles, nii-sama."

It was true and Albert didn't try to deny her claims. She can be pretty perceptive, after all.

He likes to drink wine, but only when he is invited in an occasion by other aristocrats. In their manor, he would drink tea that was prepared by Louis and Elise because he also loves the tea they prepared and it helps him relax and calm his self. Sometimes it is wine if he feels like it but only by day or if he would invite Moran for a drink as well. (But as for Moran, it's more like a drinking contest for him.)

He would only drink wine alone at night whenever he is troubled by something. And it seems that his sister seems to notice that habit of his.

Seeing that he didn't reply to her statement, Elise spoke again in a gentle tone. "If there is something troubling you, you can always talk to me about it if you want to, onii-sama. I am your little sister, after all, and I want to help my older brother."

Placing the glass on the table, she held her hands together. "I... I am a little worried with what's weighing in your mind..."

Her worries are quite endearing and touching to the heart, but Albert could not bring his self to tell her.

It was because not once, but a couple of times, that the older brunette witnessed William's expression whenever he would hide his self in his study room late at night. William would hunch over his desk and lower his head while clutching it as if he were in pain. Sometimes grit his teeth as he would to speak to his self in a low voice.

Elise... Elise... Dearest Elise ... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Elise...

He would repeat her name many times in a shaky breath and in a whisper, and it was as if he was suppressing his tears and pain.

William was not the type to be that expressive with his emotions but he's not the type to be emotionless either. Rather, he knows how to control his emotions and not get carried away or swayed by it. But, Albert soon discovered that the only person who could make him express his inner feelings more was the young Moriarty lady.

Better yet, Elise was the only who make him sway due to his conflicting emotions.

Albert knows that Elise is William's everything. Ever since they were still children, he was aware of the blond's devotion and love to her and those traits were something he admired to the younger. And because of that he permitted him to wait for Elise to mature before asking for her hand. William had been keen on wanting to marry her.

And yet, why did he say such words all by his self?

The older brunette may or may not have an idea for that, but he could not bring his self to tell her.

The closer they are now to their goal and plan, the deeper the guilt and shackles weigh in his conscience and heart as he looked at his sister.

"... I apologize for making you worry, Ellie." Albert patted her head gently. "But it will be fine. It's nothing that your brother couldn't handle."

He noticed her tightly clutching the cloth on her night dress and the unfazed worried look in her green eyes. Her expression tells that she wouldn't let it slide but, she never pressed for more and didn't spoke a word of protest. But instead, she just sighed and smiled a little.

"All right, Albert-nii-sama." She grabbed her glass and took another sip. "Since you are my older brother, I believe you but... Please remember your little sister is always here to listen to you. Like how you would hear me out, I want to hear you out as well."

"I appreciate it, Elise. Thank you." He smiled at her and clinked their glasses together.

As what he can see, he is sure that she is very much willing to hear him out and lend a hand. But she never pushed him and still patiently waits for him to accept her help.

"You are very kind, dearest sister, and I am thankful for your good heart..."

They are already close to their goal, and he and William wouldn't risk to mess it up. Because once they have achieved the equality they dreamed, Elise would be free to live the life she wanted.

All he wanted was for this country to be perfect and ideal that he wished to be, and for his sister to live in that perfect place without restraint.

But also because of that, he was torn that the person he considered as a family and a brother had to suffer the pain and guilt in their place. Albert knew but kept quiet and didn't say anything, because he respected his silent plea not to tell her. He also knew that person would never let his beloved would end up like him, a notion which he agrees.

Perhaps this was the reason why he was whispering his apologies all by his self.

For the sake of his ideal equality, between the older brunette's sister who he adores and the person who planned this from the very beginning who is suffering in secret... Which should one should Albert choose to sacrifice?

***

"Elise-onee-sama!!"

"Ara ara~... You're always excited to see me, Cillia."

Elise smiled at the younger woman who looked like an excited puppy eagerly greeting her owner. She had now frequently dropped the honorific and would sometimes endearingly call her by her nickname.

"Hehehehe~ I'll never get tired greeting onee-sama enthusiastically...!" Cecilia smiled brightly before playfully dragging her by the arm. "It's been a while since you visited and there's a good news I want to tell you."

They sat on their usual spots in the garden as Cecilia told her what happened the past few days.

Just the other day, Adrien managed to come out to his parents about his self and his true relationship to Edward. Of course, his lover was with him when he confessed the truth and Cecilia was sitting at the side, silently cheering for her brother.

The two males were prepared for Raquel's harsh words and his rejection. That's what Adrien thought but he could not stop the quivering of his lower lip from the dread. He had expected a negative response since he's a first born nobleman and the next head of the family, with the responsibility to have an heir. A typical expectation of a noble father.

As for Edward, he's more than ready to take the blow and argue back. If worse comes to worse, if they would discard their son, the blond won't hesitate to take him with him and make sure he'll make him happy for the rest of his life. What he feared is not the rejection, but the fact that his lover would blame his self and regret falling for him.

They both have their own fears and Cecilia could not help but be worried seeing that both sides haven't spoken a word.

"...Adrien."

"Yes, father?" The young man tried to keep his voice even but the quivering of his lower lip is still there.

Raquel took a deep breath and calmly told him. "I'm sorry."

They all stared at him in shock. Sorry? Sorry for what? What is he apologizing for??

"I'm sorry, my boy, for making you feel afraid and hesitant in telling me your personal feelings." The man says, his voice surprisingly laced with odd gentleness and regret. "Son, regardless of who you like or your preference, this old man would never hate you for it."

"...Eh?" Adrien blinked, but he was holding his best not to let his emotions overflow. He was actually a little confused at what he just said and at loss of his words.

"So... What you're saying is... You don't mind your son having a relationship with another man, Lord Raquel?" Edward carefully asked, before glancing worriedly to the young man next to him. "You don't mind me as your son's lover?"

"Yes. I could do nothing about who he falls in love with. It was my fault for not communicating with Adrien more, causing him to be afraid of him. My boy, do you think I was not aware?"

Both males stiffened at what he said. Cecilia abruptly stood in surprise. "You already knew, father?!"

Ophelia smiled kindly. "Both your father and I were aware that Adrien is in a relationship with a man, though I was aware of my son's preference back when he was a teen."

They knew, but yet they still waited for him to admit it from his mouth.

"We're sorry for making you worry and for keeping it from you, Adrien. Raquel wanted you have the courage to tell him, because you telling him means you trust him enough to tell him your true feelings. We want to hear it directly from you, our son."

The older woman then covered her mouth as she let out a small laugh, her eyes twinkling with pride and slight amusement. "Though I might have to say, my son has a good taste. She really takes it from me."

"Our marriage was an arranged one, Ophelia." Raquel reminds her.

"But we still fell in love, didn't we, dear? I may not look like it but I have a good taste. You were quite handsome years ago and how you can be both confident and awkward is quite an adorable gap. Ufufufu~"

Raquel slightly looked away to fake a cough as his ears were slightly reddening. Cecilia covered her mouth to hide her grin.

Edward looked at his partner with a smile. "It's all good now, Rie. It's okay. Your family accepts you. Accepts us. You don't have to hide it from them any longer."

He held his hand and squeezed it gently. Tears fell down from Adrien's face as he lowered his head, a surge of relief came over him as if a huge burden was lifted off his shoulders.

"Thank you... Thank you, father, mother..."

That day, the Winstein family had their first long talk, as if catching up from the long years they were apart. It was still awkward, but the good kind of awkward, and everyone was fine with that.

Hearing all that, Elise could not help but smile. "I'm glad all was well. In a way, it seems that Lord Raquel gave his blessings to Lord Adrien and Sir Edward."

Cecilia giggled as she sipped her tea. "He sure did after Sir Edward asked father for it. It was the first time our parents saw Adrien-nii-san get flustered."

Edward at that time immediately asked for their blessing and he vowed to make their son happy, much to his partner's embarrassment.

Elise chuckled a little. "Ara ara... I could imagine. But even so, I wish to congratulate your brother for his courage and for his future."

The afternoon breeze blew lazily and the brunette stared at the cup in front of her, the thoughts in her mind filled with constant worries the past few days since Whiteley's case.

"Cilia, the letter I gave you is still there with you, isn't it?"

"Hai. I've kept it safely hidden. Like what you told me, I haven't opened it. But..." Cecilia worriedly looks at her. "Elise-onee-sama, I'm honestly afraid why you left me with that letter and you said those words.. Is something... About to happen?"

Elise simply smiled at her in assurance. Although behind that assurance lies a twinge of sadness and she doesn't seem to notice it. The brunette leaned forward to hold her hand before squeezing it lightly.

"You'll know once you read the letter. In the meantime, please keep in mind what I told you. The time is still not right and I can only trust you and your brother and his lover with this. Will you do that for me, Cilia?"

Cecilia returned the gesture by squeezing back her hand. "Onee-sama is important to me like an older sister and you always treat me and spoil me like we're sisters. I'm still afraid for what will happen, but I'll do what you ask me to. Not only because this is a favor meant to be repaid...because I want to do it for you."

The younger woman's warm brown eyes were filled with determination and Elise could not help but pat her head.

"Thank you, Cilia."

No one had expected that a few days later, London will plunge to chaos and madness.

------------------------------------

A/N: btw, you guys can send me your fanarts of Elise if you want to. SaraTatiana5 sent me a fanart of Elise in this form it's sooo cute uuuuu.

I just noticed that compared to the first half, this is turning rather depressing in the second half. With all the events playing out in season 2, welp, even this author is getting depressed.

My writing style seems to change and vary too. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm writing nonsense or maybe it's just me.

My children Adrien and Edward, I'm so tempted to write a side story about you two but this author might not have enough time for you children. T-T 

Please live rent free in my imagination.

Love you guys and stay safe <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.3K 3.7K 21
The new Professor of Durham University catches the eye of William James Moriarty. She's elegant, cunning, heartless, and certainly beautiful. But who...
181 8 6
Two months after the events in the cathedral, the Principal Team crossed paths with two individuals, pushing them into a shadowy game, with London, a...
168K 7.9K 42
My life ended with one push, I fell off the building. The piercing pain in my head, splattered blood on the floor. Even raising a single finger was a...
116K 5K 70
"Be careful when you mingle around the devil, because at the end of the day, you may end up being like him." You know you could do it, fool the only...