Amasa

By wordtyper

A young Princess in precolonial Zimbabwe has many obstacles to face before she can taste freedom. Will the we... More

Chapter One- A hidden life
Chapter two- Anticipation
Chapter three- The questioning
Chapter four- Royal anxiety
Chapter five- Chioneko, my beauty
Chapter Six- keep it quiet
Chapter seven- A snake in the grass
Chapter eight- love or lie
Chapter nine- mourning festivities
Chapter ten- Good intentions
Chapter eleven- Evening butterflies
Chapter twelve- Internal struggles
Chapter thirteen- Fleeting secrets
Chapter fourteen- The loathe of a man
Chapter fifteen- Questionable interactions
Chapter sixteen- Storm before the calm
Chapter seventeen - Mixed emotions
Chapter eighteen - Winnowing chaff
Chapter nineteen- Simmering conversations
Chapter twenty-Mending relations
Chapter Twenty Two- Murky relations
Chapter Twenty Three- Forever trepidation
Chapter Twenty Four- Dimming lights
Chapter Twenty Five- Inevitable Changes
Chapter Twenty Six- Arbitrament Preparations

Chapter Twenty One- Chasing love

31 2 0
By wordtyper

The Empire path had been slightly dampened by the late night drizzle that had occurred. Chima treaded carefully as he made his way towards the Shintu territory .He felt the chilly breeze wrap his skin in coolness with the wind lashing upon his face as he ran to cover ground. The overwhelming pressure he was experiencing was daunting.

He did not know if his efforts would surmount to anything, not knowing if he would be caught by the enemy warriors, or worse, get there and realize that he was too late and Runesu would be gone. Consolation subsided within Chima as he saw the remnants of the old Pokoda settlements, marked with chevron designs on the granite block layering. Finding it odd that there were no footprints on the soft muddy path, he wondered if he took the wrong path, he could not have possibly been the first to get there. Staying alert, Chima took cover behind a msasa tree and waited, hoping the tall grass around him was enough to enclose his presence against the Shintu.

The sun rose, cutting into the cold and there was still no sign of anyone present. Suddenly hearing the swift movement of grass and a muffled scream, Chima frantically looked around to pin point where this movement was coming from.

"Okay let's go!"

Sighting a large framed figure looking towards the mountainous yonder, Chima followed suit. His eyes were met by the frightening sight of Shintu men lined up in their masses, equipped with spears in hand and bows on back ready to attack. Pokoda would not be able to withstand such force even if he was to run back and warn them before they got there. The heat of war in the Shintu's eyes would not burn out easily. Their strength was gained from hatred and vengeance.

"Hurry!'

It was Runesu! Was that Menhe?

"I'm trying!"

A female voice shrieked. Leaping up from the tall grass stood Amasa in hand behind Runesu. Menhe aided Amasa as she stood up and picked up a few items on the floor before they all began to run towards the Shintu warriors. They were going to die! Chima needed to get to them and stop them, especially for the Princess' sake. Running and catching up to them was easy. Trained to run for days in harsh terrain compared to this, Chima ran lightly on his feet, intuitively dodging any hindrances like an impala in the plains, getting closely behind them in a short moment.

"Stop right there Runesu!"

They continued Running. Menhe looked back and stopped abruptly.

"Go back Chima, you won't have to die."

Menhe's ever present confidence oozed out of his statement, in a battle stance with his fingers lingering close to his waist, he anticipated victory if they had to fight. Chima always admired that about Menhe, hoping one day to radiate that same power as he emulated Menhe throughout his training.

"On my parents graves, I cannot just let them go."

Chima bagan advancing towards Menhe who stood planted in position. Menhe dropped the sac he held in his other hand. He drew out a dagger that was latched onto his waist and another from the strap on his thigh.

"This is your last chance my brother, I will have to kill you. Go back home!"

Chima drew his dagger and threw the bow on his back off. He stood tall and glared back at his once fellow warrior.

"This is treason Menhe! I will have to stop you even if it is the last thing I do."

Runesu and Amasa sensed the lack of Menhe's presence behind them, stopping in their tracks and turning to the scene of two strong men on the brink of death by the dagger. Amasa's eyes grew wide and Runesu gasped.

"Haaaaa!"

Holding the carved dagger's grip firm, Chima charged towards Menhe with a burst of unapologetic power. Springing up with the dagger in his left hand, he targeted for Menhe's chest. Runesu and Amasa watched in fear for bloodshed so early in the morn.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Muvuri shuffled his feet as he made his way to the throne room knowing that Toga would be present. Dramatically falling on the floor of the throne room opening, the assembly of men looked back startled. Wincing from the fall, he grabbed onto his hip from the pain he had endured from throwing himself so harshly onto the ground. He began to speak, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"I saw Amasa in the territory up North, hurry and fetch her before war is brought forth..."

Toga lifted his head.

"Ziyani get the maidservants and find out of Amasa's whereabouts! Where is Runesu?"

Rima remained quietly seated in his corner as slight panic took over the room. Chief Moyo glared at him. Toga was not completely convinced with what he had just heard considering that Muvuri had not said much. Muttering arose from the king's council.

"Where are the warriors anyway! Why should this even be an issue at this point?"

"My king, you ordered for the resting of the men last night don't you remember?"

One of the advisors answered.

"I never said that! Do not put words in my mouth! Amasa! Where is my daughter! Amasa!"

"Let's calm down Toga, she might be getting fresh air, she might have gotten tired of the hut."

Chief Moyo calmly spoke to Toga. Tension built as the men that were gathered waited for Ziyani to come back with his report. Ziyani scurried back into the throne room with no sign of Amasa, looking small and sad of the consequences that were to follow.

"Where is she!"

Ziyani shrunk into his skin, hesitantly answering through a nervous stutter.

"Runesu and A... Amasa cannot be found, I gathered all all the maidservants outside."

"Where is Menhe! Call him to report immediately!"

"He... He is nowhere to be found as well my King. I gathered all of the Royal guards outside as well."

Muvuri staggered as he weakly lifted his bony frame off the ground. Not attempting to dust of the sand stuck on his thigh and side, he began to clear his throat.

"Your highness can still be found, down the empire path she will be located... Raaaattattaa raaaaaa!"

Trembling and shaking his head profusely, Muvuri shouted sounds to emphasize the presence of the 'spirits' speaking and taking through him.

"Get all the warriors! We are going right now!"

Waving his tsvimbo around and placing it onto the ground in attempt to stand up from his throne, King Toga wobbled off the platform to get to the warriors outside. Getting up quickly from his seat, Chief Moyo went to steady his younger brother, holding his arm and helping him get down.

"Don't worry Toga, we will get her back. You have to stay though, you are not in good health. I swear on my life to do whatever it takes to get her back. Stay."

Toga's eyes were glazed with moisture.

"She's all I have left Moyo!"

"I know my brother, I know. I always got your back and you know that. Let me go, Amasa will be back here before the sun sets alright? Now sit down."

Moyo felt the chills that were running through Toga's body, he was shaken and weak. Hopeless and lost.

"Sound the bulls horn! We are going to war if we have to! Gather the men!"

Chief Moyo shouted as he ordered the kingdom, exuding power that declared it's authority in every Pokoda man's ears.

Rima smirked. The day where he sat back and his passive father took action for bloodshed had actually arrived. He did not speak a word and slipped outside to hide in a cave below in Karimba village.

Organized chaos proceeded. Men marched in their masses, collecting special weaponry on their way out that had accumulated dust from the lack of use. Holding the pristinely made shields, with fur head straps seated on each man's forehead, bow on back, dagger on waist and fear within each man's chest from the abruptness of it all. Still pushing ahead, not knowing if they would come back alive and embrace their families for another day.

Running in the tall grass towards the old empire was a blurry moment for the men, moving in masses towards the enemy, showing dismay only in their eyes and courage in their strides. War was appearing to be inevitable. Chief Moyo felt responsibility heavily weighing down on his chest, he was his brother's keeper, he needed this to end. If anyone longed more for Toga's peace than he himself, it was Moyo.

Running in the sunny savannah fields, the sun caressed the ebony skin of the running men. A day no one would antedate for bloodshed. The sun stood center above the lands when they reached near the mountains. Instructed by Moyo to stop, he stood before them with a stern look on his face. Dropping his shield and throwing his left arm in the air curled into a fist, Chief Moyo commanded the attention of all the men.

"Look into the mountains men! Do you see the Shintu standing with malice in their eyes? They are angry and bitter that we tore their kingdom apart and are now here to tear down ours! I cannot say that we are in the right but you are here to stand for our people and your king, his heart has always been in the right place! Amasa is all he has and for the peace of our lands we must get her back! Take courage and keep your heads held high men of Chevron, we shall rise and conquer!"

Picking up his shield and lifting his spear, Moyo pointed towards the mountains with determination taking over his face. Eyebrows creased with his chest high, he gave confidence to the men who watched him.

"Forward!"

With that, the men attacked, running forward with fiery hearts, acknowledging the weight of responsibility that they carried on their shoulders. They had to protect Pokoda and bring the peace that once resided in their lands to return once and for all.

The Shintu men could be heard in their numbers, shouting and spilling down from the high mountains like fire ants from the red soils. Outnumbered but courageous, The warriors took heart. It had to be done. This was war.

...............................................................................................................................................

Hello my Jelly babies🤗

Hope your hearts are happy like you make mine.

You wanna finish the book with me? I know that we can do it.

Your love and support continually melts my heart.❤️

Remember to vote for every chapter and comment.

Keep being your sexy self. 🙊

I see you sweetie.😉

Xoxo

Wordtyper

...............................................................................................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 427 42
Six years after she found herself, Funke is now faced with other aspects of her life that she inevitably has to deal with. In embracing her new found...
19.9K 6.7K 32
COMPLETED!! ONYX VOYAGE SERIES: BOOK ONE β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ κ§β„π”Όπ•Šπ•†π•ƒπ•Œπ•‹π•€π•†β„•π•Šκ§‚ It's a new year and everyone wante...
149K 5.8K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
36.7K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...