๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 44

1.1K 66 21
By namjoons_miss_right

Author's POV

After the games, they finally went inside to freshen up themselves. Well, except for Seoyeon who is picking up the newspapers with the helpers. They know how stubborn she could be, so they just let her do her thing. She's very kind and helpful, compared to the people they meet.

"Alright, I think that's the last piece." She said while dusting her hands after putting the newspapers in the trash bag.

"Thank you, Madam Seoyeon, for helping us. You are very kind." The head mistress of the helpers uttered fondly as she smiles warmly at Seoyeon.

"My pleasure!" She beamed, "And please, just call me Seoyeon. The 'madam' is unnecessary."

"For a woman like you, I think you deserve that title." The head mistress remarked before excusing themselves and gesturing for the helpers to follow her inside.

Seoyeon was confused with what the head mistress said, but she didn't think deeper to it and just shrugged as she went inside the house. Maybe it was out of gratitude, she thought. Most of them are still in their room, probably resting due to the shot of exhaustion finally striked them. As Seoyeon finally reached their room, she already heard the ladies giggling.

"What's the commotion all about?" She snickered as she closed the door, earning their attention.

"Our dear Ms. park!" Ms. Im greeted, "How did you feel after being embraced by our cold boss? Did you feel icy?" She teased, so Seoyeon concluded that she was the main topic of their little commotion.

"Come on now, Ms. Im!" Mrs. Lee warned playfully, "They just got giddy after winning." She answered in Seoyeon's behalf.

Seoyeon just shook her head as she smiled faintly while getting some clothes from her luggage. She know that they're just playing around, no malice was intended to be added in that hug. The rest of the ladies continued their conversation about random things, mostly were about how this house was so grand and beautiful. Meanwhile, Ms. Kang, who is just quietly observing Seoyeon since this morning, could not help but to wonder what's the real deal with Seoyeon and their boss. Since their office is isolated from Namjoon's office and Seoyeon's desk, which is located in front of Namjoon's office, they don't really see each other often although they share the same floor. They would only see her when they need to present something to Namjoon. It's not impossible if the two has a secret relationship.

"Hey, Ms. Park." Ms. Kang called, halting Seoyeon from entering the bathroom.

"Yes?" She hummed, owning a soft, gentle feature as she smiles at Ms. Kang.

"Uhm...." A sudden hesitation filled Ms. Kang's mind, if she really have to ask. "If you need shampoo, I have extras here." She just reasoned out as she points at her bag.

"Oh, no worries. I brought mine. That's so kind of you, Ms. Kang, thank you though." Seoyeon then lifter her pouch, where her toiletries are.

Ms. Kang just nodded and allowed Seoyeon to finally take her shower. She's still deep in thought, but might as well forget it unless they show hints. But knowing how strictly obedient Seoyeon is to their company's policy, it's still a little unclear.

On the other hand, while the managers are busy preparing themselves for the evening, Namjoon decided to get some fresh air outside. In the far corner of the backyard, a small gazebo was built there. It has a soft, comfy sofa set and a coffee table that compliments it. It's good to meditate here since you can feel the cold breeze and hear the crickets. He decided to let the lights off, so that no one would notice him there. As he felt the wind clashing on him, he closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. Todays events circled his mind that he was not aware of the smile that is forming on his face. It felt nice to be hugged by her. It felt oddly warm and comfortable, although it was just fast. Yet the moment he opened his eyes, his gaze fell down on his ring. His smile slowly faded and an ache in his heart was felt as she touched the ring with his thumb. Unknowingly, a sudden feeling of guilt striked him. His late wife was already dead, but he can seem to stop himself from thinking as if he is cheating on her.

"Why did you leave me so soon, Seyoung?" He mumbled, exhaling sharply as vivid memories of Seyoung entered his mind. "Why does it have to be you?" He added before letting his hands run through his hair.

However, he heard a splashing sound that caught his attention. His eyes wandered until it landed to the person causing it.

"Seoyeon?" He whispered as he studied the figure until he finally assured that his guess was right.

It was indeed Seoyeon and she's squatting at the edge of the pool, letting her hand dip in the water. She's just quietly playing with the water. Namjoon just watched her there until she finally stood up. But even before she could take a step away, her hand suddenly went to her head. It seems like she's having a headache. It made Namjoon curiously worried to why she's acting like that.

"Seoyeon!" Namjoon suddenly exclaimed when Seoyeon fainted and fell on the pool.

He immediately ran there and jumped into the pool, swimming his way to her. Hearing Namjoon's voice, it alarmed the managers that made them immediately run to where the voice came from. When the arrived, they saw Namjoon swimming to the staircase of the pool with Seoyeon in his arm. They quickly went to the staircase to help him. When Namjoon reached finally reached the edge of the pool, he checked her pulse and gently tapped her cheeks to wake her up.

"Seoyeon. Hey, w-wake up." His voice was slightly trembling while calling her name, as memories of Seyoung dying in his arms flashed back.

"Sir, please let me." Mrs. Lee gently pulled Seoyeon from his arm and lay her flat on the ground to perform CPR.

Namjoon felt himself shaking as tears began to form in his eyes, silently hoping for her to wake up. After a minute, everyone let out a sigh of relief when they heard Seoyeon cough. Mrs. Lee assisted Seoyeon, rubbing her back, so that she could cough the water she had drunk from the pool. Seoyeon breathed heavily as she tries to retain herself from what happened, still dizzy. Mrs. Lee instructed the male managers to carry Seoyeon back to the room, while the other female managers followed. Mrs. Lee looked at Namjoon, quite stunned to see tears falling down his cheeks.

"Sir, she'll be alright. We'll take care of her, don't worry." She assured with her warm, assuring voice.

"Please do," Was all that left Namjoon's mouth  before excusing himself.

Mrs. Lee watched Namjoon's back with concern as he entered the house. This is the first time she saw him vulnerable after his wife's death. So Mrs. Lee decided to give Namjoon the space he needs and just went to the room to help the others on taking care of Seoyeon.

*****

Seoyeon's POV

I felt my senses getting back to me as the bright light of the room make my eyes twitch. I tried to move my body but it made me moan from pain when my head suddenly ached a little. I heard noises, people talking, as I slowly opened my eyes. It took me a moment to adjust my eyesight and it surprised me to see almost the whole team surrounding me.

"Thank goodness, you're awake." Ms. Kang uttered out of solace as she held my hand. "We were so worried about you." She added.

"What happened?" I asked, can't fully remember the exact events aside from playing with the waters.

"You fainted and fell on the pool. It was a good thing that Mr. Kim was there. He was the one who got you out of the pool, that's why you were saved immediately." Mr. Jeong told me everything and I can't help but to feel embarrassed for the chaos I've made.

"I'm so sorry for worrying you all." I timidly uttered as I lower my head.

"It's not your fault, my dear." Mrs. Lee's warm voice spoke as she sat beside me, side hugging me for comfort. "What mattered to us is that you're fine, okay? No one wanted for that thing to happen." She reassured while fondling my hair.

Some of the managers excused themselves after guaranteeing my well-being. Mrs. Lee stayed here with me, while Ms. Kang and Ms. Im went to the kitchen to make me a soup. Reminiscing what Mr. Jeong told me, I'm a bit concerned about Namjoon's well-being too.

"Mrs. Lee," I called, she hummed. "Where's Mr. Kim? How is he?" I asked and it took her a while to reply.

"The last time I asked the helpers, he was in the library. He didn't join us for dinner, so I'm not sure if he had eaten already." And it made me frown to hear that.

"I want to see him. Thank him for saving me." I said, but Mrs. Lee shook her head.

"You need to eat first and regain your strength. After that, you can talk to him." And I just sighed as I nod, at the same time the two entered with the tray of food.

I did what Mrs. Lee asked, so I finished my food and drank the medicine for headaches. After minutes of my stubborn supplications, Mrs. Lee finally allowed me to leave the room. Of course, I know that I'm still feeble so I was careful as I head to the kitchen. The helpers were surprised when they saw me.

"Madam, be careful." The head mistress gestured as she assists me to the kitchen counter. "I heard what happened. We're glad that you're awake now." She added, which made me smile.

"I'm sorry for that. I was careless." I grimaced.

"No need to apologize. You're safe, that's all we want." She kindly stated, "By the way, what brings you here? Is there anything you need, Madam?"

"Please call me Seoyeon, ma'am." I requested and she chuckled before smiling softly at me.

"Alright then, Seoyeon. But you might want to get used to being called as Madam any time soon." She nodded, as if she is sure of that, which I just chuckled off.

"I was actually wondering if Mr. Kim had his dinner already." I asked and her smile fainted.

"Aside from going to the library, he haven't left his room since the incident. We weren't actually allowed to enter his room, so we decided to let him have his space." She explained so I just hummed sadly as I look away.

I remember the helpers at Namjoon's mansion, telling me the same thing about not being allowed to enter his room. So it means, in any house, he doesn't allow any helpers in his room? How does he cleam his room though?

"Is still there anything we can do for you, Seoyeon?" The head mistress asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Uhm, do you have some spicy ramen and rice cakes?" I asked and the helpers exchanged glances before nodding their head. "That's great then." I beamed.

They gave me the ingredients I needed and watched me as I started to cook rabokki. I don't know if I should feel anxious from the way they look at me with confusion, but I'm definitely anxious. It wasn't long when I finished cooking it, since it's just instant ramen. I transferred the rabokki on a bowl, then took a tray and placed it there. Since I know where the disposable kitchen tableware are, I took one pair of chopsticks and a smaller bowl.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you need to put it on a tray?" The head mistress asked.

"Oh, uhm, it's for Mr. Kim." I informed and saw her face got filled with surprise and glee.

"Would you like us to deliver it to him?" She asked but I shook my head.

"I want to give it to him personally. I need to speak to him too."

"Very well. A helper will help you carry the tray."

"Thank you, ma'am." I bowed, but she immediately lifted my shoulders and told me not to.

I just awkwardly smiled and scratched my nape. I then excused myself and a helper did carry the tray for me. As we now head to Mr. Kim's room upstairs, I suddenly felt nervous. I hope he's not in a bad mood. And after few more steps, we finally reach the front of his door. I knocked first and waited for a response, but a minute passed yet no one answered. I decided to knock again, but at the same time, I called him.

"Sir? Are you still awake? It's me, Seoyeon."

And before I could knock again, the door slightly opened. I felt my lips getting dry the moment his gaze went down on me. He looked at me with mixed emotions in his eyes, that I can't picture put if he is mad, worried, relieved, or what.

"What is it?" He asked, his voice was deep yet calm.

"I heard you haven't eaten dinner yet, so I made dinner.... for you." I hesitantly said as I look down to avoid his stare.

"Come in," And he stepped aside before opening the door further.

The helper handed me the tray and bowed before leaving. I then went inside and stood in the corner. I even got a little startled when I heard the door closed, didn't know I was holding my breath until then. I wandered my eyes and his room was not far from his room back to his house — dark and spacious.

"I just need to do something really quick. You can sit there." He then gestured at the sofa-bed that has a mini table in front of it, then entered a door that I don't know what's inside.

I nodded and head my way there, carefully placing the tray on the table before sitting down. I continue to look around until my eyes went on the things that are scattered around his bed. Since I was sitting, I couldn't get a better sight of it but I am sure those were pictures. Checking first for signs of him coming back, I stood up and decided to take a closer look at the pictures. They were pictures of the same woman, but there was one picture where Mr. Kim is with her. He's like hugging her from the back while his hand are resting on the woman's belly. She must be Hwayoung's mother. They look so young and happy in that picture.

"What are you doing?" His voice made me stand straight and face him with a nervous, faint smile.

[A/N: Hey! It took me a while to write again. I got distracted with a game, lol. So, I was actually wondering where to put alternative chapters. Was it supposed to be after the chapter you want to give an alternative or at the ending of the whole story? Anyway, I hope you liked the update!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 22.2K 47
Y/N hasn't talked to her parents since they shipped her off to America at the age of 6 to be raised by a nanny. All grown up with a business of her o...
216K 12.4K 57
when jisoo's family company is going bankrupt, her father made a deal with a business partner and set her up into a marriage TWICE at only 20 years o...
22.2K 928 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
17.9K 1.5K 35
Namjoon had it all-wealth, influence, a loving family, and everything else. At 35 he is the most successful self made businessman in his country, the...