Goodnight my Starlight.

By zeraunchi

[Sundrop x Moondrop] Sun and Moon had a Rough day working at the daycare and now all they want to do is go to... More

✨Goodnight my Starlight✨

1.6K 79 24
By zeraunchi

It's been a long day. It was mentally draining having to watch over little kids all day, but seeing their smiling faces made it worthwhile. Today, however, had been different; the kids were very rowdy. Running around making a huge mess and not listening to them. Moon could tell that Sun was very peeved, but he still wore a bright smile on his face. 

He had no idea how Sun could still smile with how the kids were acting. Just seeing his smile made the day at least tolerable. By the end of the day the daycare was a trainwreck, it looked like a twister had torn through there. It took both of them an hour to clean up the place. Once they finished both of them were tired and had decided to call it a night and head to bed, but there was one problem. Moon couldn't fall asleep. That's where we are now:

Moon tossed and turned in his bed. His mind was racing as thoughts swirled around in his head. He was exhausted and needed sleep, but his brain wouldn't let him. He huffed in annoyance as he pushed his face into the soft pillow practically suffocating himself. He closed his eyes and tried again. The male laid there for a few moments before flipping over onto his back. His eyes snapped open, sitting up in his bed. Groaning in faustration.

"Why can't I fall asleep!?!" He moaned. He kicked the covers off of him and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He snatched his pillow off the bed, glaring at the cushion. It wasn't the pillows fault for him not being able to sleep, but he couldn't help take his frustration out on the object. 

He gripped his pillow tightly in his hands watching as his knuckles turned white, shaking as he continued squeezing the life out of it.

"Gah!" He cried out and threw his pillow at the door unaware that someone was about to open it.

"Hey Moon, Are you- Oof!" 

The pillow hit Sun right in the face when he opened the door. Moon felt guilty, he honestly had know idea that Sun was going to open his door. He had no idea that the male was actually at the door.

 Sun looked at Moon then down at the cushion with a blank expression. 

"Okay I'm just gonna pretend like that didn't happen." He said, before clearing his throat and repeating what he was saying before being interrupted by a pillow to the face.

"Hey Moon, Are you okay? I heard you from my room and wanted to check on you to see if everything is alright." 

Moon blushed, embarrassed. He forgot that Sun's room was right next to his. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you." 

"It's okay Moon, I wasn't sleeping anyways." He assured him.

Moon ran his hand through white hair as he looked down at the ground.

"Is everything okay, Moon?" Sun asked, making him jump. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." He lied hoping that Sun would believe him and leave, but of course Sun knew that something was up.

It was dark in Moon's room compared to Sun's. He likes having a little light on while Moon likes total darkness. The only light was the one that was coming from the hall as Sun stood in the doorway. 

Moon really didn't want to tell him, but he knew Sun would get him to talk one way or another. That's what he liked about him, the male never forced him to talk if he didn't want to. He would wait patiently till he was ready to talk about it, even if it's a couple days or a week later. He was so caring that's why the kids love him so much. 

Moon saw his vision begin to get blurry, tears swelling in his eyes. He hated when he got like this, he hated crying in front of people, especially Sun. He just wanted to bury the feeling deep down, he knew it was unhealthy to keep his emotions bottled up. He just didn't want anyone to see this vulnerable side of him.

Sun opened his mouth to say something, but closed it when he saw Moon's face. He could tell that he was keeping in his emotions. He hated how stressed Moon got, he worried about him. Sun sighed softly as he pushed his orange hair back before walking away from the doorway over to the male. His nurturing side was coming out and he needed to comfort him.

"Starlight, What's wrong?" He asked, kneeling in front of him. So, he could see his face. He could see the tears in eyes that were threatening to fall. 

Moon bit his lip as he tried to keep the tears from falling. Today was stressful, he was completely drained and really needed to rest. It frustrated him. A few tears slipped out of his eyes and slid down his cheek falling into his lap. He kept his head down, trying to hide it. He felt Sun place his hand on his cheek, using his thumb he wiped away the stray tears. His hands were warm against his cold skin, it was comforting to him.

Sun lifted Moon's head so he could look him in the eyes. His blue eyes gazed into The male's bright red eyes as he gave him a small smile. "Shh, it's alright." He cooed, before placing a soft kiss on his nose. 

Moon's face flushed a bit at the contact. He wasn't the one who liked when people gave him affection, but he didn't mind it. His heart flutters when Sun smiles at him like that.

Sun giggled as he continued caressing the male's cheek and planting soft kisses on his face. He loved showing Moon affection. He hated seeing him so distressed.

Moon had calmed down a bit, "I'm okay, now Sunny." He spoke quietly, his cheeks were heating up due to how close he was to Sun's face. Sun still kept his hand on his cheek, before running his hand through the male's white hair. He stopped when he moved his hand away, making Moon whine at the loss of contact. He chuckled softly, as he got up and moved himself to sit next to the male.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on? Or Do you not want to talk about it right now?" Sun asked softly.

Sun waited patiently for Moon's answer. Moon nodded, "yeah." He took a shaky breath before he spoke again, "I'm having a hard time falling asleep."

"Really? Normally you're asleep before I am." Sun commented, a hint of amusement in his voice. A small smile formed on Moon's face before letting out a weary sigh.

"Today was really stressful." He muttered looking away from the male. "Yeah, it was, but you did so well at handling it." Sun praised him. 

Moon beamed at the praise. "Really?" 

"Yeah! You did so well and I'm proud of you Starlight!" 

This made his heart skip a beat, he loved when Sun would compliment him, of course he wouldn't admit that out loud. Sun chuckled at Moon, he knew the male loved when he complimented him, but he would never admit it.

Moon sighed as his smile fell, he yawned. He had forgotten about how tired he was and now it was catching up to him. His eyes dropped a bit, even if he tried to sleep he still wouldn't be able to.

Sun frowned slightly as he watched Moon. He felt bad that he was having a hard time falling asleep. He thought for a moment before he spoke, "I'm sorry, you must be so tired and here I am keeping you from sleeping."

Moon shook his head, "It's not your fault, Sunny." He assured him. "I just can't fall asleep."

"Is there something I can do to help?" The male asked as he placed his hand on Moon's leg. 

Moon felt his face flush as he looked away. "Can you stay with me?" He asked, nervously.

Sun chuckled softly as he lightly squeezed Moon's leg. "Of course, Anything for my Starlight!" 

The male blushed deeply at the nickname. " Come on, lay down while I go get your pillow that you threw at me."

"It was an accident! I didn't know you were there!" He blurted, his face flustered.

Sun giggled as went to grab the pillow. "I'm just teasing."

Moon huffed as he flopped back on the bed. He hated when Sun teased him, but at the same time he didn't mind.

He sighed as he laid down and waited for the male to return. Sun placed the pillow on bed before laying down next to him. He wrapped his arms around the male, bringing him closer to his chest. Moon's breathing hitched at the closeness, he could hear Sun's heart beating. He melted into Sun's warmth as he listened to the beating of his heart. It was oddly relaxing. 

He sighed, closing his eyes as began drifting into slumber. "Night Sunny…" he muttered as he nuzzled his face into the male's chest. It wasn't long till Sun heard soft snores coming from the male, making him giggle quietly.

He smiled softly as he placed a kiss on top of Moon's head. "Goodnight my Starlight, sweet dreams." He whispered sweetly to him before
closing his eyes and falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.1K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
209K 4.4K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
647K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...