Home For Christmas

By Agbenya

Having a best friend is one of the best feelings in the world. Knowing you have someone to count on for every... More

Characters
Prelude
Coming home
Surprise
Legacy
New Friendships
Let me go
Jealous
Memories
Author's Note
Karaoke Night
Nightmares
Surprise
Merry Christmas( not an update)
Bestfriend contest
Secrets
Conversations
Conversations 2
Late Night
What the??!!!
Another day
Dinner
The day before
Christmas Eve
It's Christmas
Cliff
Truth
Rescue
Goodbyes
Epilogue

Besties's Day Out

60 45 5
By Agbenya

Less than 4 days more to the Christmas Eve Dinner,
89 hours more.

I woke up because of my annoying alarm clock. One day I might just throw it on the ground and destroy it. I groaned as I unwrapped myself from my comfortable blanket. I walked like a zombie to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I was getting my bath ready when my notification sound went off. I picked it up and read the message.

Aiden
Please try and dress presentably.

I rolled my eyes at his message and replied

Me
I'll try :)

After taking my bath, I changed into an ash jacket top with black ripped jeans, brown boots and peach bag.

Me
I'm done

Aiden:
Sure thing. On my way.

I sat on my bed replying messages I hadn't answered this week. I opened the dance group page to see there were over hundred messages but there was only one that caught my attention.

Madison
Finally rehearsal for the Performance on New years eve is on 29th. Don't forget. Yeah Samantha and Lizzy get your butts here for the rehearsal. Have a wonderful Chrismas😘

I froze. Madison, our groups organizer, reminded us we had a performance on new year's eve, which I had absolutely forgotten about due to the pressure of the dinner. I had to retire two days before which was on the 29th because we had to rehearse.

I had completely forgotten to tell dad about it. How is he going to react? And Aunt Amanda? And Aiden? I sighed and lied on my bed when Seth told me Aiden had arrived.

I walked downstairs and saw dad and Uncle Anthony watching a recap of a previous premier league match. My dad was a die hard Chelsea fan where I on the other had was a huge liverpool fan. No one gets between me, Mohammed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold. I shook my head as I gave my dad a kiss on his cheek and walked out. I don't think he even noticed.

As I was about to open the front door, it was opened from behind and hit me in my left foot. I yelped on pain and Aunt Amanda's worried face was revealed. "Oh sweetie I'm sorry didn't see you there. Does it hurt?" I shook my head and told her I was alright. Although it hurt right now I was pretty sure the pain will die down soon.

After convincing her I was alright, I walked to Aiden's car. He was leaning on the roof of his car and was typing on his phone. When he heard the door close he looked up and smiled. His smile died when he realised I was limping to his car.

"Door hit my toes," I said before he could ask. He laughed and shook his head, "Only you." We sat in the car and today he had no comment about my clothes and started driving. I guess I looked presentable enough. The car ride to the mall was quiet. I looked outside and the only thought that came to my head was, how I'm I going to tell dad I would have to leave before new years and we might not spend my birthday together.

♡♡♡♡

We had been at the mall for almost three hours and my feet hurt. Whoever said girls shop more than guys has clearly not met Aiden yet. The guy could be a personal shopper and have no problem with it. He dragged me to every shop we had seen. I had gotten most of the gifts it was left with dad and Aiden.

I got a diamond necklace for Aunt Amanda.

A Rolex watch for Uncle Anthony.

A ps5 fifa 2022 for Seth to get him off my hands.

Sony headphones for the twins.

Heels for Chloe

A hand bag for Liz

A Make up kit for Angela

And for dear Mrs. Chris a scarf.

I wanted to get dad something special but I didn't know what . What do you get a man who has everything?

I continued walking around with Aiden when a little girl ran up to us and hugged Aiden. He picked her up and tickled her. "Aiden..stopp...,," she said inbetween her giggles. When she stopped laughing she turned to me finally sensing my presence.

"Who are you?," she asked in her adorable voice. She wouldn't be more than three. I smiled at her, "I'm Samantha, Aiden's friend." "Best friend," he clarified and looked at me. I couldn't help but smile.

"I've seen you before," she furrows her eyebrows at me and after a few seconds her brown eyes shined with recognition and she smiled. "I saw your picture on Aiden's phone. He was looking at you when my mom dropped me off that his house to watch me. I also told me you are the most beautiful girl he has ever met." When I looked back at Aiden his eyes were staring on the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world and his cheeks where bright red. He was embarrassed. Awww.

I was about to respond when a women in her early thirties ran to us. She started panting trying to catch her breath. When she did she frowned, "Cathy what have I told you about running around in the mall?" The little girl in Aiden's arms looked at the woman with a sad expression, "Sorry mom. I just wanted to talk to Aiden and his friend."

Cathy got down from Aiden's arms and into her mum's. "I'm so sorry Aiden," the woman said to him. "Oh no worries Cecil. She's an Angel," he replied, kissing Cathy on her cheek. Cecil turned to look at me. She hugged me and smiled, "Samantha I've heard so much about you from the Matthews. Amanda is very fond of you. She talks about you all the time. So does he," she said pointing to Aiden, "Anyway we should get going so that you guys can enjoy the rest of your date. See you at the dinner." We both froze. With that she turned and walked away before we could even correct her.

After recovering from her comment we decided it was best to have lunch to regain our lost energy.

♡♡♡♡

"I would faint if I entered another shop," I said dramatically leaning on his shoulders for support. "Really?," he said looking at me with suspicion written in both eyes. He know I loved shopping as much as the girl next door. Note sarcasm. He sighed, "Fine but we must get the gift wrapper before we head out, okay?" I nodded and we walked on.

We arrived at Aiden's house at a quarter to five. I headed up to Aiden's room carrying the pastries and cool drinks we bought while he carried the gifts. When he walked in he was hardly able to balance the things and looked like he would fall with every step. I tried to restrain myself from chuckling but when he tripped and everything fell with him, I burst out laughing. He got up and glared at me.

"You know you could have helped me with the bags, right?" I gave him the most innocent smile and replied, "But my hands were full with the drinks and pastries." He shook his head and handed me the things we bought for the gift shop. "Let's start then."

We spent the next two hours wrapping the gifts and cracking jokes. When we were done it was time for dinner. We both went downstairs and everyone was already there.

"So how was your free day?," Aunt Amanda said enthusiastically. We told her everything from Aiden dragging me into shops to meeting Cecil. Well we didn't say the gifts we bought for them.

After dinner I headed home to shower and change before heading back to Aiden's room for movie night. I laid on his bed as he inserted his pendrive to the television. He handed me the remote to pick a movie as he sat next to me on the bed. I could tell he also showered by his wet hair, nightie and the strong scent of his soap.

I picked my favourite movie Furious 7. I don't know if it's because it was Paul Walker's last movie before he died or if it's just because I'm such a huge Fast and Furious fan. When F9 came out I was one of the first people to watch it in the cinema. Liz and I started looking for tickets since the trailer came out.

"I used say I live my life a quarter mile at a time and I think that's why we were brothers, because you did too. No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile away or half way across the world. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here, right now. Salute mi familia. You'll always be with me...And you will always be my brother." Almost two hours later, I was in tears reciting the last lines of the movie with Vin Diesel while Aiden was laughing his head off.

I hit his head and that only made him chuckle. "Who cries when watching the movie?," he said and I rolled my eyes. "Have you ever watched Five Feet Apart?" He shook his head and I gasped, "What?!!!" He smiled, "We can watch it before you leave after new years." With that my heart dropped and my face fell.

He realised my change in mood and turned to face me. "What's wrong?" I sighed and tried to turn away when he held my hand firmly. "What's wrong?," he repeated. I guess he will find out one way or the other. "I'm leaving," I whispered enough for both of is to hear. "I know," he relaxed, "After new years. You scared me." I shook my head. "No, I'm leaving before new year. I have a performance on New Years Eve in New York. I haven't even told dad yet. He would be heart broken."

I turned to look at him and saw pain and sadness written all over his face. It hurt me to see him like this. "Aiden-" "When will you tell your dad?," he said cutting me off. "I don't know how to tell him," I said as the tears formed in my eyes. I felt an arm wrap around me and sunk deeper into his embrace. "We'll tell him together, okay?," he said and I nodded.

He switched the movie to the Boss Baby and after a while I dozed off.

♡♡♡♡♡
Unknown's POV

Today she didn't show up and all I could fell was joy. The only way that the joy was going to last was if she never came back and I was going to make sure of it one way or the other.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I love you guys.

In less than two months we've reached 1k view.

Thanks guys.

Unknown's point of view again, what do you think?

Who is it?

How do you think her dad will react?

Please vote and comment.

Love,

Agbenya❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382 1 43
Andy's been sent to live with her aunt, uncle and cousin in Tennessee after her parents decide to spent a year in Italy to make sure the new business...
Alone By caslovessleeping

Mystery / Thriller

46.4K 2.7K 54
"I didn't know how much I needed you until I didn't have you. Every second was hell without you. Whenever I'm with you, I feel like I'm in heaven. I...
HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

931 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
108K 2.3K 27
" they'll know we're faking if I'm not kissing or touching my girlfriend, dumbass " - Miles and Diana. Two best friends ever since child's legs. Wit...