Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

FlorindaBrydon tarafından

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... Daha Fazla

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 30

370 21 19
FlorindaBrydon tarafından

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Romie, you need to calm down, you're making the plants grow too big!' Jack exclaimed while cupping my cheek in one hand and with the other, he brushed away the long hair that annoyingly kept falling into my face.

Aghh! I hate having my hair down.

'I think I know what this is! Jack? Before you died you had brown hair and brown eyes, but when Manny turned you into Jack Frost that all changed. Maybe that's what's happened to Romanna? He's the only one who I can think of who can bring her back from the dead.' Tooth asked while passing a small mirror to me.

'Ok..... Jack had brown hair and eyes?' I asked while glaring intensely at him, trying to imagine what that would look like on him.

'Yep, but this is permanent... I really hope Manny didn't permanently change you into this.... I really liked your old appearance. Oh, but I'm not saying this one isn't good to, cause you look absolutely amazing! But... it's just not you...' Jack trailed off while avoiding eye contact with me.

'Yeah... you're right, dresses are definitely not my thing. And neitha is flowas or jewelry. So you think Manny did this to me? I don't want it to be permanent, I look so weird with green eyes. Aw, all of the freckles and the tan line on my shoulders and neck are gone.' I said in a whining tone.

My skin was so freaky perfect I looked photoshopped.

'Though if this is permanent, I reckon within 10 minutes of me walkin around I'll get changed into some shorts. Seriously, I refuse to wear a dress, I don't like them. They are annoying and I can't run or move at all when I'm in one.' I added whie nudging Jack's shoulder reassuring him that nothing's really changed, just my eyes and hair.

Wait, My eyes....

My Eyes!!!

'How can I see?! I lost my glasses and I don't have contacts in. I should be practically blind.' I explained while watching Jack shove his hand into his pocket.

'I don't know, but here are your glasses. Sorry they kinda broke.' He replied while handing me the glasses.

'Oh, wow! They are so far from fixable. One whole lense is missing and the otha is so broken I don't know how it hasn't fallen out yet.' I commented while balancing them on my nose for a moment and then placing them to the side.

'Umm... Could you guys please stop starin at me and this dress and maybe start explain what exactly happened? Jack mentioned somethin 'bout me bein dead, and so did Tooth, oh and so did Manny... What's goin on?' I asked while admiring the vine that had grown along the edges of the bed.

'Well after you blasted Pitch and the lightning stopped, Carl unexpectedly appeared and....Umm... he shot you...' Jack said slowly while holding his breath.

It took a moment for me to realise what exactly Jack said. When the words did finally sink in and I understood what they meant, I sighed sadly while shaking my head.

'My dad killed me.' I stated while looking at the people in the room with a defeated bord expression. I rolled my eyes and sighed again.

'What happened next?' I asked while continuing the bord, can't-be-bothered expression.

'Well, when you hit the ground you completely destroyed the entire street and all of it's buildings. Luckily North had made a magic barrier that protected us from any falling debris, but you were too far from us and had been completely buried. We unfortunately had to dig you out of the rubble and when we did eventually pull you out, you weren't breathing.

That was four days ago. We had declared you as dead, but you suddenly started breathing again about an hour ago. I have been waiting here next to you ever since. After finding you, we had a quick look around for Carl but didn't find anything. Oh and Pitch is hiding in his cave, probably sulking.' Jack explained while gently rubbing his thumb over the back of the thin vines that were wrapping around my hand.

'I..... was really dead! Like really, really dead. Wait, it's been four days!!! What's the date?!' I half yelled while jerking my hand quickly out of Jack's and held it tight to my chest.

Instantly the plants and flowers around the room started to grow bigger the thicker. They were reacting accordingly to my emotions and chose to grow stupidly big. Flowers that are normally smaller than size of your hand were now bigger than size of your head.

'The North Pole's time says it's 4am Saturday, the 9th of August 2014. So for Australia it's 4pm Sunday, the 10th of August. Aggh timezones are confusing.' Bunny mumbled while answering my question.

I could feel my heart beating and I was breathing.

'I'm not dead..... but if I was, then how am I alive now? It's been four days...It feels like only a few minutes ago we were in Burgess.' I said while staring at the clock on the wall.

'I think Manny did it, he did the same thing to me. He turned me into a spirit and changed my appearance when I was at the brink of death.' Jack said while watching a large green tree frog jump across the floor. It was croaking loudly with it's other frog friends who were hiding in the damp shrubbery.

Tooth practically screamed when a friendly and harmless tree python slid out of the leaves next to her.

'Ahh, Romie. Please do something.' Bunny said while holding Tooth protectively in his arms, away from the snake.

'I know it's harmless, but still.' He added and took a few uneasy steps away from it.

'Oh yeah, of course!' I replied simply while flicking my wrist and waving my hand towards the snake.

Instantly the plants, animals and the dress I was wearing all disappeared into thin air. I was once again in my favourite blue shirt and shorts. Even my hair and fringe went back to normal.

'Wow! I didn't know I could do that!' I exclaimed excitedly. While looking at my familiar blue eyes in my reflection on the mirror.

'Woah! How did you do that!? Your back to normal!!!' Jack cheered while he checking me over, scanning all of my familiar details. Making sure all of the freckles on my face, shoulders, neck and arms were in their exact place. Even the slight sunburn tan I had acquired from being outside in the hot Aussie outback had returned.

'Didn't I just say I didn't know?' I asked him while rolling my eyes and shaking my head.

'I think it might only happen when I use my powas.' I finished while playfully poking him in the forearm.

'And here you were freakin out ova wearin a dress and lookin different. Aha, Ok we explained our side of the story, it's your turn. Do ya rememba anythin 'bout what happened?' Bunny asked me.

'Well, The Man in the Moon was talkin to me afta I had blasted Pitch, gotten shot and "died". He said that he was giving me back full control ova my powas and that I am now an official and immortal guardian. He even gave me a title! Oh and I think he unlinked us Jack. He seemed a little unsure when he told me.' I explained.

'A guardian? He's made you into a real guardian now?!' Tooth asked, sounding just as exicted as I was.

'A title? What's he chosen to call ya?' Bunny also asked while congratulating me.

'He said I am the new Motha Nature. It makes a lot of sence since I have her powas.' I replied happily.

(A/N: Neigh-cha is seriously the exact way I pronounce Nature. I have no idea how to say it any other way but for all of your sakes, I am not going to spell it like that. I'll keep it normal since It's too hard to read otherwise. Xoxo)

Bunny immediately raised his eyebrows with suprise. 'Motha Nature? But... Ok yes you have earth powas, but Manny can't give you that tital. There's already a Motha Nature, we can't have two. Plus I hardly doubt she would eva give up 'er title to someone so young. Oh, and she would neva let the Man in the Moon pick 'er successor. That's out of the question, she is as stubborn as her fatha and has the same amount of hatred for MiM too. Especially afta he created a certain Winta spirit without permission.' Bunny replied.

'Wait me?' Jack asked confused about the original Mother Nature not approving of his existence.

'Uh huh, she doesn't wasn't anyone except herself controlling the weatha on this planet. She had a fit when she found out what MiM did and still hasn't forgiven him for it. Emily Jane is extremely unpredictable and takes a lot of pride in staying 100% neutral. She is neitha good or bad meaning she can't be controlled. So I don't undastand why Talsar Lunar, MiM or Manny, whateva you want to call him, would do this and declare you as Motha Nature. Unless Emily Jane has something to do with this. But this goes against everything she stands for. She wouldn't eva let someone as young as you take over the future of this planet. You're the sixth guardian, not the god of this earth. She is. So...I-I this... just.. no-she Uggh!' Bunny growled with frustration and confusion.

'Bunny, Bunny, calm down. You're stressing yourself out for no reason. You need to let her finish explaining before you start stressing.' Tooth said while stroking the top of his head and ears, instantly relaxing him.

I softly giggled at them and continued what I was saying.

'Well, I don't know the an'sas to your questions Bunny. Manny's exact words were "You are the new Motha Nature" does that mean the old one is gone or somethin?' I ask confused.

'These are her powas, I'm sure of it. She gave 'em to me when I was five years old, then Manny removed them when I was six years old and returned them now when I'm sixteen.

I'm not sure what is goin on between those two but I'm curious to find out. Like you said, Motha Nature wouldn't normally let Manny have any hand in this decision. So maybe somethin's happened to her and MiM has no choice but to make a new one?

I don't know why I have the name Motha Nature, but I've got a feelin both Manny and Sandy do. Sandy knows more than ya think he would.' I rambled while attempting to climb out of the bed but was stopped by Jack who slipped his hands around my waist and moved me onto his lap.

'I'll do whateva I can to be worthy of my new title. As the sixth guardian I am meant to destroy all evil and protect the earth.... Motha Nature seems to already protect the earth and is extremely powerful. I think that makes a lot of sense.' I said proudly while snuggling into Jack's arms.

'Oh, I know you will be amazing!' Jack added while kissing me on the forehead.

'I guess, when you put it like that...' Bunny mumbled while glancing up at Tooth who was absent mindedly still rubbing the top of his head and ears.

'Tooth I'm fine now...' He chuckled while snapping her out of her daydream.

'Opps...' She giggled while pulling her hand away and smiling apologetically at us all.

'So... since when were you two togetha?' I asked while pointing at Bunny and Tooth.

'Oh, umm.' They both replied awkwardly.

'A..... While.' Tooth finally gave us an answer.

'How long is a while?' Jack questioned while raising an eyebrow at them. 'I've been with you for two years and I've never seen anything between you two.' He added.

'About a year after you first joined us we started dating.' Tooth giggled, her cheeks glowing a soft pink.

'Uh huh, and at the time we chose to keep it a secret untill we knew that the relationship would last.' Bunny said while hugging Tooth from behind. Leaning over her shoulder slightly he nuzzled his head under her chin affectionately.

'Wow, that was over a year and a half ago! You guys must be pretty serious then.' I said while enjoying the grossed-out look on Jack's face.

'Ok, please stop! You're freaking me out.' Jack complained while burying his head into my shoulder.

'Sorry mate.' Bunny apologised. 'You can understand my affection towards her at the moment though. You're doin the same thing right now, but with Romie.

For a few minutes, Tooth was dead and for a few days so was Romanna. I just wanna hold onto 'er and make sure she's ok. I know ya feel the same.' Bunny said while letting Tooth go. She immediately started to fly the second her wings were free from Bunny and his from-behind-hug.

'I guess....' Jack muttered while slowly lifting his head from my embrace.

'Did ya seriously not notice that there was somethin goin on between them? I noticed it when I had first met 'em.' I stated while rolling my eyes at Jack.

'Really!?' Bunny, Jack and Tooth asked in unison.

'Yeah! Rememba when I had my bow pointed at Bunny about a week ago? Today's Saturday and that happened last Saturday. Well anyway back to the point. The whole time my bow was aimed at Bunny, Tooth was continuously attemptin to aid him. There's also that little scene at the dinna table the other day when Bunny was hugging Tooth, makin 'er calm down afta Jack attempted to put nuts in his ice cream. Also the fact you're always togetha, side by side and always agree with each other on every topic. How could no one notice it?' I said while gesturing my hand towards the "couple".

'A keen eye for detail. That is a good trait.' North said while suddenly joining in on the conversation.

'North.' Bunny said while steping aside to let him enter the room, but secretly he was actually baking away from him.

I'm guessing that another reason they had kept their relationship a secret was because they were afraid North wouldn't approve of it. It must be against the rules to date other Guardians.

Wait..... but I'm a guardian now, does that mean Jack and I can't be together?

'Wow! Look at you.' North said while gesturing to Jack who was hugging me on his lap and Bunny who was once again sitting on top of the desk, hugging Tooth on his lap.

Ok this room is becoming a little too lovey-dovey for my liking.

'I too have a fine eye for detail, and did in fact know about Bunny's and Tooth's feelings for each other as well.' North added while turning towards them.

'If ya did then why didn't ya say somethin? Why didn't ya try and stop us?' Bunny asked while narrowing his eyes at him.

'Because old friends look out for each other, don't we Bunnymund? I've been watching you two grow fond of each other ever since Jack joined us and I am very glad it is now out in the open. I did not say anything before now because I wanted you to be comfortable and tell me when you were ready.' North explained while walking out of the room, but he stopped in the doorway and turned back to face us.

'Why are you all just sitting there?! It's time for celebrating! Romanna needs to take the guardian oath, then we can celebrate both of your relationships and Romanna's coronation in one big epic party! I'm going to invite all of the spirits and guardians who are evolved with Man in Moon.' North boomed cheerfully from the doorway.

'Haha, ok then mate, if ya say so. Oh, please for the sake of the moon do not invite the ground hog! I'll kill ya if ya do. I hate that ova grown rat!' Bunny growled under his breath.

'Ok, ok Bunny. But if I do not invite the ground hog, I have no choice but to invite Cupid.' North said confidently while looking towards Jack.

'Kill me now! NO!' Jack yelled out while pulling his hood over his face.

'Just stay away from him and you'll be fine.' Tooth giggled while scratching under Bunny's chin. He seemed to really like that because his foot lightly tapped against the ground.

'What's wrong with Cupid? Isn't he just a baby with angle wings or somethin?' I asked.

'Nope, he's a full grown adult with angle wings. Let's just say we don't get along. We have a bad history of getting into fights because he's a grown up and I'm a kid and that gives him enough of a reason to talk to me like a child. I Am Not A Child!' Jack exclaimed annoyed.

'So, that's it? He doesn't insult you or actually make a fight, he just talks to you in a childish tone.' I asked while sliding off his lap and standing on my feet.

'Yeah... But I don't like it and he won't stop!' Jack exclaimed.

'Ok, I'm changin the topic. What about the guardian rules? We're breakin a lot of really big ones by bein in relationships with each otha.' Bunny asked while glancing down at Tooth who was sitting in his lap.

'Pfft! Rules can change. I am planning to rewrite those particular rules tonight, before the party. From now on, guardians are free to do whatever they want when in a relationship with other Guardians, spirits or mortal humans.' North started but stopped when Jack interrupted.

'Oh Cupid is going to love that, now won't he! All of the job opportunities he now has. Making people fall in love with each other and breaking others up. It's not right to tamper with people's hearts, even if it is his job.' Jack exclaimed rather rudely. I nudged him with my elbow and signaled the rather amused North to continue talking.

'The ban forbidding us from dating, marrying and even conceiving offspring has now been lifted. To set these new rules into motion I will have Romanna take oath to them, instead of the old ones. She is the whole reason to why they are changing, so she will be the first one to agree to them. Bunnymund, Toothiana, you should be thanking her.' North laughed while walking out of the room, shouting party invitation orders to his loyal yeti and elf workers.

'Oh my goodness! North, are you serious about removing the no offspring between gardians ban?!' Tooth squealed happily while quickly flying out of the room towards North.

'Crikey! Tooth, no! No! Wait!' Bunny shouted while running after the ecstatic fairy.

Jack and I immediately burst into laugher over Bunny's reaction to Tooth's behavior.

'His face!' Jack exclaimed while inhaling loud wheezes of air and shaking violently with his hand over his mouth.

'The poor bloke. He's got no idea what he's gotten himself into.' I replied while trying to calm my laughter.

'Oh no! I've been here for four days! Mum must be freakin out 'bout where I am!' I suddenly yelled.

'Well, better get you home so you can explain why you've been gone. Have you got any ideas on what to tell her?' Jack asked while taking a snow globe off a nearby shelf.

'No idea, I'll just wing it.' I said simply while walking through the portal with Jack.

A/N

Wow so much yet so little has happened in this chapter! I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad.

Soo many questions and so little answers! But not to fear, you'll know everything you need to know eventually.

Thank you all so much for reading and voting!

Also, I wanna say a special thanks to IsabellaMorgan130
For all of the encouraging comments you've made so far.

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them!

Xoxo

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

39.5K 901 6
Autumn Charm is the Guardian of Happiness. She keeps children from all over the world filled with joy and happiness and she is the Spirit of Autumn...
29.2K 715 17
I love this movie. So. Much. You have no idea. I just hope that other people, equally, love this movie. I'm sure fanfictions like this have definite...
927 80 15
Pitch is back with one thing on his mind: Revenge. And his anger will be taken out on a certain Frost who had ruined everything for him. He knows hur...
55K 1.6K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...