WACHAN (Book2 -Oberoi Brother...

By SwatiSandeep

---- SAMPLE ONLY------ The brother who guided him from darkness to life, gave a promise to their dying father... More

Book Information!
Prologue
Chapter 1- Back Home
Chapter 3- Trouble begins
Chapter 4- Bhaiyu
Chapter 5- Sanjana Vs Anirudh
-Information-
-Sale Copy-
- Vachan Reviews-

Chapter 2- Muisc is my life

6.9K 421 153
By SwatiSandeep

4 days later.......

Aditya was getting bored in the house. His brothers were not letting him do anything. Arnav refused to let him go to school. He couldn't go bug Anirudh as he was working on an important art piece. Though Anirudh kept the studio door open for him, Aditya didn't have the heart to disturb him. More over a tune was playing in his mind repeatedly. He just wanted to capture it before he misses it. He quietly escaped to his studio.

He knew Arnav was in his study and wouldn't notice what he was doing, he just had to be quick. Arnav had already warned him against playing guitar till his hand heals completely. He didn't want to get caught doing what he wasn't supposed to do. But that tune refused to leave him at peace.

once he entered the studio he closed it behind him. He wished his brother had soundproofed it, then he wouldn't have to fear about anybody hearing him. He got his guitar quickly and started strumming it. It was more difficult than he thought. His hand was killing him, but he had to do what he had to do.

Arnav was just going to get himself a cup of coffee when he heard the most melodious tune echoing in the mansion. A smile automatically graced his lips. His brother was very talented, and then he realized that Aditya was playing the guitar. he was furious. the doctor had told him specifically to give his hand a rest. why couldn't the boy listen. He marched towards Aditya's studio in anger.

Aditya was so focused on getting the tune right that he did not notice Arnav entering the studio. Arnav saw the way Aditya was flinching in pain, that added fuel to his anger.

"ADITYA" Arnav shouted.

Aditya looked up startled. He saw his brother and got scared. He hurriedly put the guitar down. He knew he was in for a good scolding.

Arnav sternly- "kya kar raha tha tu?"

Aditya didn't dare reply. He knew Arnav was very angry, he didn't want to fuel his anger in any way.

Arnav- "maine mana keya tha na Guitar play karne se? samaj me nehi ata tughe?"

Aditya looked down.

His silence was fueling Arnav's anger- "look at me when I talk to you Aditya"

Aditya's eyes filled with tears. Arnav never used that tone with him before. Arnav pulled him up with a jerk -"har baar tughe apne he manmane karne hai, kese ke nehi sunne hai, bohot ziddi hota jaa raha hai tu" Arnav didn't realize how angry he sounded. Aditya was too scared to say anything.

Anirudh rushed inside. He could hear Arnav shouting at Aditya. what did the boy do now? One look at Aditya's scared face and he got the picture. why couldn't the boy just do as he is told?

Anirudh touched Arnav gently on his shoulder- "kya hua bhaiya?"

Arnav let go of Aditya- "yeh tu isse pooch. Kya soch ke yeh guitar baja raha tha? doctor ne ek mahene ke rest suggest ke hai, aur yeh char din humare baat nehi sunn raha"

Aditya tried pacify Arnav- "sorry bhaiya, main bas tune record karna chata tha, please gussa maat karo aap, main khud ko rok na saka, woh tune mere demag se nehi jaa raha subah se... isleye...."

Arnav angry- "iselye kya Aditya? tughe doctor ke bato ke kadar nehi hai ya mere?"

Aditya was taken aback- "aap aisa kyun keh rahe ho bhaiya? i am really sorry......"

Arnav stopped him showing his palm.

Arnav sternly- "hand me your guitar"

Aditya took a step back.

Arnav- "I said hand me your guitar"

Aditya was too scared to disobey. he gave the guitar to his brother.

Arnav- " I trusted you to behave, its obvious you don't deserve that trust. I will not let you compromise your health Aditya. Now go to your room and rest, aab yeh tughe ek mahene baad he milega."

Aditya tried to plead- "please bhaiya ek baar......."

Arnav did not listen and walked out. he was too angry to deal with his insolence now. Aditya sat down and started crying silently. he didn't want to anger Arnav. he didn't even know how to pacify his brother.

Anirudh sat with him- "pagal hai kya tu? mana keya tha na bhaiya ne, phir kyun keya tune yeh sab? aapne haat ke halat dekhe hai? kuch hojata to?"

Aditya held him and cried- "mughe bas woh tune capture karne the bhaiyu, aab bhi woh mere demang se nehi jaa rahe hai"

Anirudh patted his back. he understood what Aditya was telling. when an inspiration hits you it cannot be ignored. As an artist he knew that very well, but as a brother he knew that no inspiration can justify compromising your safety and health. He consoled Aditya for a few more minutes and gently made him stand. He guided him to his room and made him lay down.  he just didn't want him to get into more trouble.

Arnav was trying to calm himself down when Anirudh walked into the study unannounced. Arnav glared at him. Anirudh ignored him and handed him a glass of water. Arnav was too angry to take it.

Anirudh sighed- "bacha hai bhaiya, use nehi pata kya sahe hai kya galat hai, aapko itna gussa nehi karna cahye tha"

Arnav glared at him- "he was told specifically to not strain his hand. Which part of NO does he not understand?"

Anirudh forcefully put the glass in his brothers hands -"pani peyo pehle aap, itna gussa theek nehi hai"

Arnav glared at him but drank the water.

Anirudh- "bekar me rula deya aapne use, woh keh to raha tha ke woh bas tune capture karne ke koshish kar raha tha, aapne uske ek nehi sune"

Arnav- "have you lost it Anirudh, why are you justifying his actions? agar haat strain hota to? ek dhun ke leye woh apne health compromise kar leta? do you even understand the complications?"

Anirudh sighed- "mughe apka gussa samaj me ata hai bhaiya, usne galti ke hai. But main uske point of view bhi samajta hoon, he is an artist, jab use koi inspiration ate hai to use woh capture keye bena nehi reh sakta. main aapko samjha nehi sakta woh feeling kasie hote hai. you just have to get it right immediately or you will not be at peace with yourself"

Arnav sighed- "that doesn't mean, I can just let him do what he wants to do. Kamse kam do hafte tak to use samhalke rehana hai na Ani"

Anirudh- "yes bhaiya, I understand. Main to bas itna keh raha hoon ke aap uspe itna gussa maat karo, woh aapke khilaf nehi jaa raha tha, woh bas khud ko rok na saka. dono me farq hai"

Arnav- "what do you want me to do?"

Anirudh- "woh ro raha hai, jake baat karlo aap. bohot zyada he daat deya hai aapne use"

Arnav smiled at his concern- "aur tugshe uske ansoo nehi dekhe jate kyun?"

Anirudh looked away.

Arnav- "tera dil ek kehta hai aur tere zubaan kuch aur Ani. Aditya means a lot to you" Anirudh tried to deny, Arnav cut him off- " don't deny it. I am not buying it anymore. The fact that you are standing here defending him, tells me everything"

Anirudh did't want to have that conversation now- "mughe studio me kaam hai, main cahlta hoon"

Arnav didn't stop him, Anirudh left from there. Arnav looked at the guitar that ke took from Aditya. He sighed. He still stood by his statement,  nothing came before health, but he also understood why Aditya had defied him. He would have to make Aditya understand that he couldn't compromise with his health.

Arnav came to Aditya's room to talk to him, but he found him sleeping on his bed. Arnav went to him and covered him properly. He sat down beside him on the bed. He felt bad for shouting at him, but he got angry when he saw him in pain. How could he be so careless with his health? he brushed the hair from his face and realized that Aditya had cried himself to sleep. there were tear stains on his face. Arnav felt guilty.

Aditya was only a child. He shouldn't have scolded him so badly. After all he had been through Arnav should be a little more patient with him. He remembered what Anirudh had told him about artistic inspirations. he didn't get it completely but he understood that Aditya wouldn't be able to relax till he got his tune right. He couldn't give in to his craziness, but he could help in someway. He took his phone out and called the one person who could actually understand the whole situation.

Ayushman came and woke up Aditya who was still sleeping. Ayushman was surprised that he had been sleeping at such odd time. Aditya got up groggily.

Ayu concerned- "tere tabeyat to theek hai na Adi, is time me kyun so raha hai?"

Aditya recalled the afternoon events and became sad.

Ayu- "chera kyn utra hai tera? kese ne kuch kaha kya?"

Aditya told him everything. Ayushman got angry- "demag kharab ho gaya tera? bhol gaya doctor ne kya kaha? haat ko strain nehi karna hai, damage bad sakta hai. itne se baat tughe samaj me nehi ate?"

Aditya's eyes filled with tears. even his big-b was not understanding him. Ayu melted seeing his tears- "oye ro maat, wasise bhi pad gaye na tughe daat,aab main kuch nehi bolunga. chal neche, bhabhi ne pakode banaye hai"

Aditya sadly- "mughe bhook nehi hai Big-b, aap jao khalo"

Ayu didn't listen to him and forcefully dragged him out of room. Adi stopped protesting knowing Ayushman would only do what he wanted.

Ayushman brought Aditya to the hall, where Priya had got the snacks for everybody. Priya saw Aditya's dull face and looked at Ayushman, she was sure he would know what was troubling Aditya. Ayushman looked pointedly at Arnav. Priya sighed. what did the boy do to get scolded again? Aditya didn't even touch his snacks.

Arnav saw his dull face and knew what was troubling the boy. He went and sat next to Aditya. Aditya didn't even look at him.

Arnav smiled- "aab itna naraz hai ke apne bhaiya ke taraf bhi nehi dekhega?"

Aditya sadly- "naraz to aap ho bhaiya, main kyun aapse naraz hone laga"

Arnav placed a hand on his shoulder- "Adi, bacha doctor ne mana keya na haat ko strain karne se, tughe guitar ke saath dekhke gussa aa gaya mughe. you can't take risks like that Adi. "

Aditya- "sorry bhaiya, main bas apne aap ko rok na saka. woh tune aab bhi mere demag me hai. main kya karoon?"

Priya looked at the brothers. She got both their point of views, but she couldn't take risk with Aditya's health.

Priya gently- "Adi tunes to ate jate rahenge na bacha, let it go for this time. ek baar tere haat theek ho jaye, phir jitne chahe utne tunes banalena, tere bhaiya tughe nehi rokenge"

Aditya nodded his head but they could all feel his sadness.

Ayu- "beach chale? mausam bhi bohot acha hai, maza aajayega"

Arnav smiled- "aaj nehi Ayu, aaj ghar pe mehman ane wale hai dinner pe. Kal chalte hai"

Ayu sighed- "ok, kamsekam ek drive pe jaa sakte hai hum? jaldi aa jayenge"

Arnav hesitated. Ayu started pleading- "please na bhaiya, please na, jane do na...."

Arnav nodded his head- "ok, lekin ek ghante me wapes aa jao dono"

Ayu jumped up in joy and dragged Aditya with him. A drive could put him in a better mood anyday. Arnav asked the security to discreetly follow them. he couldn't take chances with their safety.

When the boys came back they were surprised to see their family talking to Prithvi and Aaksh in the hall. Aditya's face lifted with joy. Aki saw him and engulfed him in a bear hug.

Aki- "kaise hai tu Adi, we miss you at school"

Aditya smiled- "theek hoon, next week se school aa sakta hoon, I am missing school too"

Arnav looked at Prithvi, who gave him an understanding smile. he knew how difficult it is to deal with a teenager who is stuck at home.

Aditya greeted Prithvi and sat down beside Aaksh. Ayu went to change.

Aki- "tune accounts test miss kar de, lucky you"

Arnav was surprised at the information- "Kaise test Adi?"

Aditya sighed- "class test bhaiya, maam har hafte lete hai, its not that important"

Arnav had a different opinion but he let things go for now. Aditya and Akash became busy in catching up school news. Arnav let them talk for sometime before he called Aditya.

Aditya looked up- "ji bhaiya"

Arnav- "apne mentor ko apna music room nehi dekhaoge?"

Aditya smiled and took Prithvi and Aaksha to his music room. Arnav smiled, now his friend could deal with Aditya's problems.

Prithvi looked at the music studio and was impressed. Arnav had a great job of remolding the play room. No singer could ask for anything more.

Aakash was excited- "yeh to bhaiya ke studio se bhi behtar hai, who designed the backdrop? painting lagte hai"

Aditya was very proud- "bhaiyu ne banaye hai, unse behtar koi bana nehi sakta"

Aakash admired the backdrop- "sach me bohot ache hai, you are very lucky to have him as his brother"

Aditya just smiled. Prithvi picked up the guitar and casually strung a note. Aditya was surprised. Arnav had taken the guitar from him, how did it come back to the studio?

Prithvi sat down on the chair with the guitar. Aaksh was very excited - "kcuh acha suna do bhaiya, maza aa jayega"

Prithvi gently- "aaj to main bas musician assistant hoon, gana to tumhare dost ko he hai"

Aditya looked surprised.

Prithvi looked him in the eye- "aisa kaunsa dhun hai jo tumhe itna pareshan kar raha hai ke tum apne tabeyat ka khayal keye bagair use compose karne baith gaye?"

Aditya looked down guiltily- "bhaiya ne bataya aapko?"

Prithvi sighed- "Leave it Adi, tell me the tune, i will help you out"

Aditya was surprised- "aap mere madad karoge bhai?"

Prithvi- "haan, just get it out of your system. give me the notes"

Aditya little lost- "notes nehi hai bhai, bas ek dhoon hai jo pecha he nehi chod rahe"

Aakash looked at the duo in awe- "hey this is the first time when you will be working together. can i record?"

"is kamre me record karne ke rights sirf mere hai" Ayu's voice was heard. Arnav had told him that Prithvi would help Aditya with his song. he just couldn't stop himself from coming.

Aakash- "par bhaiya bhi to help kar rahe hai, mere bhi rights hai"

Ayu smiled- "haan to karle, tu bhi kya yaad rakhega"

Aditya just shook his head. Both of them were equally crazy.

Prithvi- "shall we start?"

Aditya nodded his head.

Prithvi- "Tuning?"

Aditya closed his eyes and let the tune flow once again-" E A D G B E"

Prithvi looked up surprised but he adjusted the chords.

Aditya hummed the tune-hmmm.....hmmm....hmmmm

Prithvi struck the chords. it was a beautiful fusion of two two brilliant performers. Ayushaman and Aakash were awe stuck.

Aditya little disturbed- "C major try kare bhai?" he wasn't getting the tune right.

Prithvi understood the frustration, he had faced it many times. The passion to just get it right.

Prithvi- "try singing, I will pick up the chords"

Aditya closed his eyes again...... the words just came to him

Palko Ke Leke Saaye
Paas Koi Jo Aaye
Lakh Sambhalo
Paagal Dil Ko
Dil Dhadke Hi Jaaye
Par Sochlo
Is Pal Hai Jo
Woh Dastan
Kal Ho Naa ho.

Prithvi was impressed. The boy had a way with words.... his voice was ethernal.... Prithvi tuned it perfectly. Aditya smiled. he was lucky to get the help from the best..... they both spoke the same language.... the symphony was just perfect. His voice pitched up a note in happiness..

Har ghadi badal rahi hai

Roop zindagi
Chaanv hai kahin~

Kahin hain Dhoop zindagi.
har pal yaha jee bhar jiyo
Jo hai sama
Kal ho na ho

Prithvi looked at Aditya, his smile said it all. they got the tune perfectly.

Prithvi- "is baar music ke saath try kare?"

Aditya nodded his head and began singing.

Palko Ke Leke Saaye

Paas Koi Jo Aaye
Lakh Sambhalo
Paagal Dil Ko
Dil Dhadke Hi Jaaye
Par Sochlo
Is Pal Hai Jo
Woh Dastan
Kal Ho Naa ho.

Har pal yahann jee bhar jiyo

Jo hai sama
Kal ho na ho

Har pal yahann jee bhar jiyo
Jo hai sama~a~a~~~a~
Kal~~ ho~~ na~~ ho

Aakash and Ayushman were awestruck. they had never seen such brilliant performance.

Aditya stood up and hugged Prithvi- "thank you bhai, thank you so much" his voice was all choked up. Prithvi signed Aakash and Ayushman to leave them alone. They left immediately.

Aditya stepped back from Prithvi. He looked a little too emotional. Prithvi made him sit back.

Prithvi- "Music is very important to you Adi, is it not?"

Aditya passionate- "music is my life bhai"

Prithvi took his uninjured hand in his own- "than do your self a favor, stop gambling with your life"

Aditya looked confused.

Prithvi- "do you want to tune your own songs, or do you plan to let others tune it for you?"

Aditya- "i do it myself bhai, aap aisa kyun pooch rahe ho"

Prithvi- "because for a guitarist his greatest asset is his hands. the strength and flexibility in his hands determines the flow of music.... what you did today would have damaged your hand even further. do you realize that?"

Aditya was shocked. he never thought about it.

Prithvi- "tumhe Arnav ka gussa dekha, uske peche ka wajah main tumhe bata raha hoon, tu nehi janta woh aaj kitna pareshan tha, tughpe chillake use koi khushi nehi mile Aditya, tera bhai tugse bohot pyar karta hai, tere bare me tughse jyada sochta hai, you should listen when he says no"

Aditya looked down guiltily.

Prithvi- "Arnav Oberoi jasie insan ke leye kese ke madat lena asan nehi hai, phir bhi usne mughe phone karke yaha bulaya, tereleye! He just coudn't see you hurt! kamsekam us pyar ka maan rakh le Adi, apna khayal rakha kar"

Aditya started crying silently. He finally understood what Arnav had been trying to say all along. Prithivi sighed and hugged him- "tere yahe asoo to Arnav nehi dekh pata, stop crying"

Aditya wiped his tears.

Prithvi- "chal chalte hai, sab itezar kar rahe honge"

they moved out of the music room together. Prithvi had done his job. He just hoped that Aditya would understand the value of life.

Priya was setting up the dinner table, when Aditya walked in with Prithvi. Aditya looked for Arnav, he wasn't there. Aditya just wanted to talk to his brother once.

Aditya- "bhabhi bhaiya kaha hai?"

Priya looked up- "study me hai, baitho woh ate he honge"

Aditya- "main ek baar milke ata hoon"

before Priya could stop him he moved away.

Arnav was just wrapping up a business call when Aditya barged into the study. Arnav looked up startled. Aditya rushed in to hug him. Arnav had to take the support of the wall to regain balance.

he said goodnight to the client and cut the call.

Aditya tightened his grip. Arnav was worried for his injured arm- "Adi samahalke bacha, you will hurt yourself again"

Aditya- "I am sorry bhaiya, i am so sorry, maine aaj aapko bohot pareshan kar deya"

Arnav caressed his hair- "compose kar leya apna dhun?"

Aditya nodded his head.

Arnav- "to chera abhi bhi utra kyun hai?"

Aditya sadly- "mere wajash se aap bohot pareshan ho gaye na. I am really bad"

Arnav- "Adi, kitne baar bola hai, aise baate nehi karte, tune mughe kuch pareshan nehi keya, bas thode se stupidity ke, uske leye tughe daat bhi pade.... now don't repeat it and don't talk stupid things. Chal dinner karte hai" Arnav started to go but Aditya stopped him.

Aditya- "Thank you bhaiya"

Arnav- "aab yeh kisleye?"

Aditya- "mere problem samjane ke leye, aap itna gussa the phir bhi aap samjhe ke main kyun is tarh behave kar raha tha, isleye thank you"

Arnav shook his head- "is thank you tere bhaiyu ka haq hai mera nehi"

Aditya looked confused.

Arnav- "Ani aya tha mughse baat karne. Usne he mughe samjaya. so tughe thank you bolna hai to use bol, mughe nehi"

Arnav and Aditya came out. Aditya's face was radiating happiness.  His bhaiyu had his back. some times silent gestures mean a lot more than empty words. His bhaiyu might never accept the fact that he loves him, but his actions spoke louder than his words. Aditya could live with that.

Target
Vote 70+
Comment 70+

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 10.4K 34
Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been abandoned by his own mother. A child who wa...
234K 9.8K 85
"I will never let you control me, you only want money. I'll give you as much as you want but just don't show your face to me." he said looking at me...