Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

By AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... More

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 40: Disbelief
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 42: Christmas Eve
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 62: Vanaheim
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 72: "Out of Time."
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 69: Endgame

398 13 4
By AislynMarie_

You woke up bright and early, six thirty, in the morning to be exact and headed for the training room, just to get your blood pumping for the day. Not too much just enough.

Then you needed a shower.

Badly.

You and Wanda made breakfast, and everyone crowed into the room all looking hungrily at the bacon and omelets.

"This is why you're the chef!" Natasha shouted as she picked up her fork and began to eat her sharing. Everyone laughed and said their thoughts about the food, all good things.

After about twenty-seven minutes, which you were definitely not counting...You waved Bruce over. He got up and walked over to me trying to not draw any attention to himself.

And failed. Miserably.

"So how exactly are we going to do this Bruce...?" You asked; a little nervous.

"Once we can get the stones to successfully merge with the gauntlet, then we can think about it." He speaks. You look away and nod. You were in deep thought. "Okay..." you say, chewing your lip nervously.

"Any word from Tony yet?" You asked him. Bruce sadly shakes his head, in which you sigh in frustration.

As you say this, the compounds front door slams shut. You jump and look to Bruce, some of the Avengers forks lay on their plates.

You look to them and then back to the stairway at the incoming footsteps.

"Who is it?" Wanda asks in a small whisper. Natasha shakes her head in response.

As the footsteps grow louder, a familiar short man, with different shades of brown hair takes his hands out of his coat's pockets.

"Tony-" you say with a smile. He throws his hands up and makes a 'don't get too excited' face.

"Did you really think I'd let you all do this alone?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Kind of." Natasha says from the table. Tony rolled his eyes and then restated what he meant.

"Did you really think I'd let you do this alone?" Tony says gently. Smiling softly at you. You smirk and slowly approach him, hugging his loosely.

"What are you doing here?" You question as Tony let's a small laugh out and releases you from the hug.

"You know me. I have to make a dramatic entrance." He says sarcastically.

"You know, I had some hope you'd show." You smile. Tony returns a small smile and then sighs, taking a look around the room at the others.

"So, what's the plan?" He asks the room. Everyone stays quiet and looks to you and Bruce. Who, in return share a glance.

"No plan?" Tony asks, with a scoff he walks past the both of you, grabbing a piece of left-over bacon and stuffing into his mouth.

"Well let's make one." Tony says shrugging his shoulders. "I'm good at making last minute plans." He smiles. You laugh under your breath at him.

"Okay. Everyone, its go time. Let's get everyone ready, Banner, get the gauntlet." You said now walking away from the crowd.

Everyone gathered in the lab now not saying a word, but you could feel the tension, everyone was nervous. You were nervous.

"Okay everyone. We have a major goal. Everyone stays alive. Stick together.
No one is left behind. Thanos can not get this gauntlet." You pointed to banner with the gauntlet, and everyone nodded.

"This is the only thing keeping him from us." You finished. Steve looked at you, now smiling weakly.

"Stay focused. Look out for each other." You finally said. Tony shared a smile and a smirk. Proud at your speech.

"Remember, when bringing everyone else back...we're also bring him back." You finished. Thor tensed, as did Wanda, but soon relaxed as you passed them a reassuring nod.

"Okay, how is this going down." Rocket said now turning around, pressing buttons on a computer. Bruce handed you the finished gauntlet and you looked up at everyone.

"Who's going to wear it..." Thor spoke up.

"Steve, you saw what it did to Thanos, this is up to you." Tony quickly said now all eyes on him. He looked down at his feet. Not saying anything, but almost like he was thinking, or concentrating? His eyes shot up to you.

"Any ideas?" He asked. Your brows furrowed. Then your eyes traveled to Bruce.

Banner nodded and took the gauntlet. He hesitated before placing it near his arm. It formed around his arm perfectly and he looked around. He began to scream in agony, and it looked like it was burning his arm.

"Take it off! Take it off him!" Thor shouted from a corner he cowered to.

Bruce found the energy and snapped his fingers and shut his eyes tightly, falling to his knees and he grimaced in pain.

"No one touch him! Let him think!" Natasha shouted.

"Talk to me Banner!" Tony speaks from a shield he formed using his Iron Man Suit. While Banner was on the floor screaming. You stood and watched as Bruce looked up at us. Natasha looks to the table on her right as her phone buzzes, her eyes widen, and she stands up straight.

"Yelena..." She whispers. She shows her phone, showing that Yelena was calling. She quickly pulls the phone to his ear.

"Yelena? Yelena is that you?" Natasha frantically rushes out of the room. You look to Steve, Thor and Wanda, then to Tony.

Thor helped Bruce up and onto a medical bed put on standby, asking him to take a minute and rest.

"Okay everyone. That means we have 6 minutes. Until all hell breaks loose." You begin to gather your things, including the gauntlet. You and the others put in your earpieces, readying yourselves.

The stones hadn't held. They crumbled out of the gauntlet and into the palm of your hand.

"Shit." You mutter. Tony walks over as you crouch by the burned gauntlet on the floor.

"Was that one of my suits arms?" He asked. You turn and look up at him.

"Maybe." You whisper. You collect the stones and hold them on your hand as you stand back up.

"Smart." He speaks. You smirk at his compliment and then stuff the stones in your suits pocket, hoping it would hold. "Clearly." You sarcastically whisper.

"Protect each other. If push comes to shove you move back. Do you understand me?" You commanded as you stand to your feet. Everyone nodded and smiled at you.

"You sound just like him." Steve had spoken up. She was referring to Tony.

"I guess he influenced me pretty well." I smiled at Tony, as he began tweaking his Iron Man suit and then looked back to Steve.

As everyone was distracted, Bruce, who facing the ceiling of the skylight, opens his eyes and sees a large battleship up in the sky and a single missile heading towards the compound.

Then a continuous array of missiles destroys the compound completely and everyone sinks below to the underground. You go to grab the flooring as it crumbled. You fell.

"Bruce!" You shout, as a large piece of concrete lands on your chest. It was too dark to see.

Bruce holding up tons of debris from collapsing on top of the other Avengers with his one good arm. He turns, noticing you just beside the others, just missing his protective shield from the crash.

"Y/n!" He yells back. Unable to see where you had been. You grit your teeth; you try and use your flames, but it fails to conjure.

"Guys- I can't- I can't breathe!" You scream. You hear someone's feet crunch on the other side as they begin to rush to your side, trying to lift it. They fall back, not being able to lift the debris.

"Thor- Wanda! Anyone! I can't move!" You tell, tears fall to your temples, as the debris begin to settle, it begins to crush you slightly.

"Ah- ugh-" your breaths become staggered, and you begin to hyperventilate.

"Y/n!" Someone shouts. You cry out, hoping they could here you. You hear scrabbling and finally the rock begins to move.

As the rock is removed, familiar hands find their way to your shoulder, pulling you from out of the cave if rock you had been encased in.

You begin to sit up, leaning over in the underground destruction. Blood spits from your lips.

"Are you okay? Y/n?" Wanda's face fields your view. Her warm hands hold your face as the blood comes to an end.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" Rhodey yells through the comms.

You move your hand to your earpiece as you continue to cough.

"Rhodey- I'm on my-" you are cut off as, while trying to stand, your notice an excruciating pain in your abdomen.

As you look down a pipe had been lodged in your side. You sit back down, and Wanda quickly helps you back up.

"Ah-aha!" You scream as Wanda is quick to tear the pipe out and press on your wound, to stop the bleeding. "I'm sorry- I'm sorry!" She yells.

She takes you under her arm and guide you through the compound's debris. Noticing you hadn't made any lei way; you turn to her.

"Put me down-" you cough. Wanda shakes her head. "No. I've got this." She says under her breath as she struggles to carry you.

"Go!" You yell at her. She looks to you before slowly letting you sit against a wall of debris.

"I'll be fine- go help..." she nods and begins to descend through the large amounts of debris.

As she leaves, you put pressure on your wound, careful to not injure yourself more.

You take what's left of your strength and teleport yourself up to the surface. You hit the ground roughly, tumbling over on your side.

Your vision begins to waver, the blackness along with the smoke that filled the air was making you dizzy.

"Come on- get up!" You felt your body slowly begin to sit up. Your eyes wearily opened.

"That's it- come on kid, get up..." you recognized that nickname anywhere.

"Tony..." you whisper, slurring your words and your eyes went heavy.

"No- nope, come on-" Tony grunts as he begins to help you stand. You feel another pair of arms wrap around you, so you turn to your right at the tall blonde man. Steve

"What happened?" Steve asked as he began to help Tony carry you out from under parts of the left-over compound.

"You messed with time. It tends to mess back." Tony says quietly. "You'll see." He finished.

Tony and Steve help you though the wreckage as they lead you back to another. They walk up to join Thor, who has been observing Thanos from a distance.

"Y/n..." Thor says as he helps your sit down, he observes your wounds and then looks up to you, a small smile on your face.

"I'm good..." you whisper back.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked. Thor got to his feet, now standing, almost protectively in front of you.

"Absolutely nothing." He responded. Steve and Tony join him, standing in a line in front of you.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asks. You begin to carefully pull them from your suits pocket.

"Got em'" you whisper. They all turn to you as you stuff them back in your pocket.

"Nice one kid, smart." Tony says. You give him a smile as your eyes begin to close.

"No- stay awake!" Tony bends down, putting his suits hand on your face. The coldness shocks you and your eyes jolt open, only to close slight again.

"What can we do?" Steve asked, you looked to him, your face going pale.

"Find Loki..." you say to them. They all look to one another. As they stand, once again in front of you, your try your best to keep your eyes open.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor says as he advances slowly to the front, to watch Thanos.

"Yeah. But I don't really care." Tony says, clearly bitter.

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thor says. Thunder cracks as Thor stretches out both hands to summon Storm Breaker.

"Let's kill him properly this time." Thor says. Also awaiting his day from revenge. The three of them walk closer to Thanos.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive." Thanos begins.

Your eyes begin to grow heavier as he speaks.

You could feel your limbs slowly grow weaker as time went on.

"Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given." Thanos begins once more.

Thors lightning strikes.

"A grateful universe." Thanos smirks as Thors attempt at fear.

"Is anybody there!!" Rhodey says from the comms. Startled, your eyes open slightly, you put your hands to your earpiece and start.

"Rhodey- what's it looking like..." you ask, he comes through again.

"Dark- it's flooding! There's a lot of water!" He yells. You nod, taking in his words.

"Okay..." your eyes slightly close and you begin to focus, as your body feels like nothing, you teleport.

You land in a pool of water, it was dark, deep.

You grip the rocks on the side, holding on as much as you could.

"Rhodey!" You yell. You look around and see the furry raccoon. "Rocket!" You yell, he turns to you, Rhodey, laying just a few steps away from him.

You swim over, grimacing at the pain you began to feel. You crawl on the piece of land they had been on.

You use your flame to pick up the piece of rock, crushing Rocket, he scrambled to his feet, rushing to Rhodey.

You lay, out of breath, and in pain. Rhodey crawls to you, as Rocket too stands by you, evaluating your wounds.

"Take my hand-" Rocket says quietly. You grip his paw and Rhodeys, as you once again, use what felt like the last remaining bit of your magic, you teleport one last time.

You roughly hit the ground, and you look up noticing the large army before you.

Rocket looks to you and then to Thanos' army.

"Oh no..." he whispers.

It grows quiet, as defeat begins to set it. You lean against the same rock from earlier.

You watch as Steve gets to his feet, looking distraught. Eleven against what seems like thousands.

You feel warm hands begin to put pressure on your wound, you flip your head to the left and see Natasha, worriedly searching your face.

"Remember the whole speech about being safe?" She asked as she began to hold her hands there. You laugh slightly and turn your head back to the front.

"Come on y/n- you've got to get up." She speaks. You nervously look to her and then nod.

As she begins to help you up, you yell. Gritting your teeth at the pain. She slowly puts you back down. "Okay- okay..." she whispers, trying to weigh her options.

"It's okay..." she says, tears fled to your eyes, you hadn't tried to stop them at this point, as they fell to your cheeks.

"We're gonna be okay..."

It grows quiet, seeming as if your end was near.

You watch Steve as he turns around, a large yellow circle begins to open. You smile at the familiarity.

Three figures step through; Okoye, Shuri, and Black Panther, fully restored and ready to fight. You laugh under your breath.

"Ah shit..." you say with a laugh. Natasha too shares a look of relief.

Sam zooms in from above in his Falcon armor. As he does, you see dozens more portals opening up all around the battlefield. Through one of these, we see Doctor Strange descend in.

Everyone watches in confusion and awe as more and more heroes arrive from all corners of the universe, all backed up with forces of their own including Black Panther and his Wakandan army, Valkyrie and the Asgardians, Wong and the Masters of the Mystic Arts and several Ravager ships.

Amongst the throngs of heroes, you see Bucky, Groot, the Wasp, and Peter. Nearly every hero has magically been transported to the battlefield to face Thanos' hordes.

You hear loud rumbles as you turn and see Scott, who now was very large, carrying Hulk and Clint out from the rubbles of the debris.

You see Wanda take a stand, proudly, next to Tony and the others.

Natasha, Thor, Steve, Tony, Rocket, Bucky, T'Challa, Strange, Peter, Wanda, Sam, Rhodey, and many, many more all stand, protectively, in front of you.

This is where the fight begins.

———
A/n: This was a very long chapter...😳

2810 words

Don't forget to Vote/Comment! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.7K 2.9K 42
After growing up with the princes of Asgard you were betrayed. Will this simple mission to Earth fix your friendship with the god of mischief or will...
116K 3.2K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...
6.5K 197 32
You try to attack New York, but things take a turn for the worst when you're captured by the Avengers. Or is it for the better? I don't own Marvel. O...
93.1K 4.1K 36
"do you ever regret meeting me?", he asked quietly. "no, why would i?" "because now, our souls are intertwined, you're linked to me." "loki, if i was...