A new door/EncantoFanfic

By grassundermynails

Young 15-year-old Marivita (an Australian girl) has an unrecognisable mark starting to engrave into her hand... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Authors note

Chapter 4

2.5K 43 27
By grassundermynails

3 days later

Marivita's POV

I've spent the last day and a half both unpacking and helping Abuelo fix up his yard. It's been pretty boring and I'm trying to straighten a painting when there's a knock at the door.

I open it to see a girl with green glasses and curly hair with a big smile on her face.

"Hi I'm Mirabel Madrigal," she says shaking my hand, "Mi parents and mi abuela are returning to town and a welcome back party is being thrown in our casita tomorrow. You know the place right?"

"Uh... yeah I do," I say. Did Camilo say he had two or one sisters?

"Great, well I'm going around inviting people to come and join the celebration. having said that I have never seen you... did you come to Antonios gift ceremony?" 

"No, I just got here from Australia. I'm staying here for a little while with my ma. I'll see if I can come." I say and she nods, as she walks away I jog to catch up to her. "I'm gonna come with you, there are a lot of houses and I think I should be making friends."

"How nice, what's your name?"

"Mari, well Marivita but I like Mari."

"That's such a cute nickname. Wait are you the one that gave Camilo the black eye?" she chuckles

"Well he deserved it, I got concussed so I think a little black eye is nothing, plus some food healed us. Hey, can I come with you to invite everyone, I kinda need to make some friends."

"Yeah of course." 

We talk about random things and two other girls joined us, Daniela who is the prettiest person I've ever met and Natalia who is pretty self-centred and obnoxious in my opinion, Mirabel likes her tho. It gets dark so we all say goodbye.

I get home and chuck my clothes off and crawl into bed and fall asleep instantly.

5:30pm

"Hey darling, you need to start getting ready." I hear ma call out from the kitchen.

"Mama I don't want to go," I yell back.

"Vamos mi amor, vamos en familia (Come on, we're are going as a family). I don't want that attitude tonight."

"Si mama." I get up and search threw my outfits.

I grab a pretty orange crop top with frilly transparent sleeves and a black skirt with small flames. I chuck my hair up in a bun (barely) and put a little bit of makeup on. I like how I look, though my blue eyes stand out a lot more than what I want because of the orange. I wonder if Daniela and Natarlia would be there, obviously they would be they said they would.

"Mari!" Ma yells, "Come on we don't want to be late."

I run into the kitchen, ma is standing at the front door wearing the prettiest dress. I see disappointment sweep her face as she looks at my outfit. "You look beautiful ma." 

"Yeah, I wish you put a bit more effort in." 

"Lo siento," I look at a spot in the ground as I follow her out the door, abuelo following behind me.

"You look pretty mi vida, you remind me of Carlos." Abuelo whispers as he hurries to walk next to ma.

We approach the house and I see someone greeting everyone at the door, changing into them! Must be Camilo. At the entrance, Camilo shapeshifts into ma and she chuckles and walks past with abuelo trailing behind him. I try to hurry past him but he calls out my name.

"Hey Evita, don't you want me to greet you?" he says  frowning.

"Yeah, that would be nice," I say about to walk away.

"You gonna punch me again if I shapeshift?" He's smirking, he turns into me and copies my position with my hand on my hip.

"Damn I look hot right now." I joke, "can you do a spin I wanna see if my hair looks good from the back."

Camilo shapeshift back into himself and rolls his eyes, I walk past him but hear him call out, "I want a dance with you hermosa."

Great just fucking great.

This place is full of life and colours, there's a girl making flowers for everyone out of thin air. A woman is walking around with a cloud above her head and some toddler is playing with a lion.

I look for Mirabel and find her with Natarlia and Daniela. 

"Hi, Mari!" Mirabel says excitedly while greeting me with a hug.

"Hey, girl! How are you." Daniela says.

"I'm good cheers." I say merrily, I notice Natarlia isn't going to say hi, "Hey Natarsha."

She scoffs, "It's Natarlia, it's not that hard to remember." 

"That's really mean..." Daniela says, rightfully so.

"She's smiling!" Natarlia yells and peoples heads turn. "Sorry everyone," she says quietly.

We all start laughing and the evening goes on. We're dancing and having a great time when I feel my hand stinging must be the wound. I cover it up and make an excuse to leave, I run to the bathroom Camilo took me to last time. My bandage is drenched in blood.

I hear a knock at the door. "Uh, occupied." I call out. Again there is another knock, "Man can you leave me alone!? I'm in here."

"Come on hermosa," of course it's him, I walk over to the door and unlock it. "I saw your hand, is it all ok?"

"Yes it is Cammy, it just was bleeding but it stopped now so you can go. I'm all good" I try pushing him out the door but he's too strong.

"You promised me a dance," he's grinning, "Come on hermosa."

"I'd rather not." I say while re-wrapping my hand, "I might get blood on you." I say sarcastically.

"You got your gross snot blood all over my ruana last time."

"Did I? Huh, didn't notice must have been because of my fucking concussion."

"Well I'm really sorry about that," he says rubbing the back of his neck, "Do I still get that dance?"

"Only if you leave the bathroom 10 minutes before I do."

"Why?"

I look at him with a frown, takes him a second to realise why. He nods and walks out of the bathroom. I glance at myself in the mirror and fix a curl that had fallen out of my now messy bun.

I walk to the main area and see Camilo learning against a support beam, he holds out his hand for me to take.
"I-I can't dance," I stutter remembering how bad I am at it.
"It's ok hermosa, you can just follow what I'm doing."
I take his hand, instantly he pulls me to the dance floor. The song playing isn't fast but isn't too slow to make things awkward. Camilo grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him.
"Just follow my footsteps." He says
"Mhmm," I look down at our feet and do my best to copy but I clumsily trip over my own feet and fall into him. He laughs, I feel his chest shake as he does and pulls me to be upright again.
"Don't go failing for me, Evita."
"Shut up Cammy."
"I hate that name, makes me seem weak."
"Yeh well, I hate being called hermosa."
"I know you love it,"
I actually do but I'm not admitting to that, "why would I? I don't even know you."
"Ok, what's your favourite colour then?"
"Orange."
"Cool mines-"
"Yellow."
"How'd you know... Aww, are you spying on me?"
"In your dreams, I just guessed seeing you always wear the yellow ruana."
"Smart girl."
"I know I am."
"Hey you know you've been doing all the steps right this entire time?"
"What!" I look down at my feet and see they are perfectly in time with Camilo's, "I'm just too good that's how."
"Your ego is too high."
"Nah, wait till you meet my dad then you'll see what high ego is."
"Meeting the parents already? Actually, I should introduce you to abuela Alma, I think she'll like to meet you."
"Maybe later," I look and see a cute boy  probably 16 dancing over near the food table and turn to look at Camilo, "he's cute." I say gesturing to him with my eyes, "look at him."
"Really, hmm..." Camilo shapeshifts into him and raises his voice, "Do I look cute?"
"Camilo!" I whisper loudly, my face is going red and I punch him lightly on the chest. "Stop, he's gonna see." 
"Pffttt what Nah." He's still being loud, "he's a bit retarded, ready?" He calls out at the boy, "Hey Diego!"
"Camilo!" I yell at him, he's still Diego.
"She thinks you're cute." Camilo turns back into himself and I'm overly embarrassed that I just hide my face in his ruana.
"You are a dick," I whisper
"He's coming over hermosa." He nudges my head up, "lo siento, she's a bit shy." I hit Camilo and take a step away from him, my face feel like it could be as red as a cherry. "Fine I'll do the talking, Evita meet Diego, Diego meet Evita."

"Uh, nice to meet you." Diego holds out a hand to shake, I mouth 'I hate you to Camilo and smile and shake Diego's hand.

"Gross your hands warm-shit!" I cover my mouth and his cheeks start going red, "great now we're both embarrassed." He awkwardly smiles and shuffles back a bit, "Mate just leave, I'm sorry."

He looks at me and just swiftly walks away. 

Camilo leans down to might height and speaks in my ear, "You're really smooth with the men."

"I wasn't ready!" I snap back

"Lo siento, my fault that you didn't get your date."  I can see he's laughing on the inside, "Come on, I'm going back to the lake. Wanna come?"

"Seeings you just ruined my chance at love, yeh sounds good."

"That's a bit dramatic." Camilo starts walking and I trail behind him till he realises I'm being slow so he doubles back and walks at my pace.

It's quiet outside and takes about a minute to walk to the lake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 501 16
Luna Madrigal, the only child of Bruno, had looked forward to getting her gift all of her life, until her gift became the reason she and Bruno were t...
1.6M 63.9K 42
โ”โ”โYou! You're the girl from the prophecy! โž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Žโ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž .ยท:*ยจเผบ เผปยจ*:ยท. โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž...
373K 10.5K 58
Warning kinda cringe Y/N grew up in the city but as she starts to get older something is a little off. She begins to find herself with unusual abilit...
143K 3.9K 33
this takes place after the movie, your name is y/n and your 15 you've recently moved into encanto from Arizona because you and your family needed a c...