IN TIME

By LiniUniverse

Time is unbreakable, and foremost unexplainable in many ways. How it truly works is beyond our comprehension... More

Prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
LISA
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
Time Bridge
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
JENNIE
035
Time Bridge
036
037
On your hands
038
Epilogue
What the choices meant
Special Chapter
The Lies To Your Truth
Cuddles and Daydreams
New On-Shot Book

034

1.2K 70 0
By LiniUniverse

-Jennie's Pov-

[[ Events that occurred before Lisa traveled back to the past ]]

"Hopeful Wish"

-When Jennie asked Lisa if they can be parents-

Reference: 017

Our marriage can be compared to the sun, it lights up the world and enables us to see the colors and wonders of life. I learned that telling the truth will indeed set you free. Lisa and I became tougher, we swear not to conceal secrets or lies. Ever since I revealed my story, there's no day she wouldn't check me. Her lines would jump from "Are you feeling okay?" to "Is there any problem?" It was quite a change but an understandable one.

Be that is it may, just like the sun. The beauty of it can blind and burn you. Maybe that's the reason why we can only look at it from afar and for a little time. Because admiring its brightness can hurt you. Our story must be a headache to reminisce about, but I wouldn't deny it what sets it apart. When the conflict with my family had been overcome, the next years were the happiest for us. Although we haven't discussed it with her friends, we're contented with what we are, or so I thought.

There was this one thing that always bother me. And that is my desire to be a parent. I know I don't have the best family, nor do my parents are great role models. I still want to have a family of my own and to think I have a wife I love. I couldn't get rid of it out of my mind. There was this yearning, a hankering for family life. Not that I dislike Lisa's company. But as someone aspiring to share the love I didn't experience, I was hopeful.

"Hon" I lift my eyes on her, she was trying a shoe. "Yes babe?" her foot fits and she stood up to examine it in front of the full-length mirror. I gathered all my courage and met her reflection. "Do you think...we can try?" Her head tilted sideways. "I...want to...be a parent" I sighed as if it removes the lump blocking the air. Lisa looked away, and my eyes fell on the floor. "Miss, can I get a size-" she held my wrist softly and brought me with her.

We didn't speak, it was obvious she didn't like what I said but I still want to try. When we got home she went straight to our room. "Gonna shower" I watched her disappear from my sight. I disappointedly sat on the couch, rethinking my actions. Should I pursue asking her?

"Lis, won't you go to bed?" later that night she was pinned on her sit. Her hands typing fast on her laptop. She shook her head. "Need to finish this" I slipped on my slippers and headed to her. From behind, I encircled my arms over her shoulders and chest. She purred beneath me. "You look good in your glasses" I commented, starting the conversation. "Do I?" She smirked, caressing my hands.

I rested my chin on the top of her head. "Uh-huh" and closed my eyes. "You're sleepy, don't wait for me. Once I'm done I'll follow" she cranked her head and kissed my jaw. "Lili, I'm serious about what I've said earlier" her lips parted for distance. I studied her reaction "Jennie, having a child...it's not the right time" I withdraw till my legs felt the end of the bed. I slumped, carrying all my weight. "How can you say so? We've been married for 8 years..." she took off her glasses and palmed herself. Turning the chair around, I saw how my words exasperate her.

"I don't want children...at least for now. I'm just starting to get well with my job, and you...you have commitments with your work too. Love, I want to have a family with you...but not yet" she explained, being careful with every word. "We are not getting any younger Lis" I insisted.

"You're worried about that?" Tears are threatening to fall. "Not only that...I've been wanting this for a long time" I blurted out. Lisa hang her head low and massaged the back of her neck. "Can we talk about this at another time?" I nodded in defeat. The other time she's talking about went on for months. During those weeks, I was like testing the waters. If it's calm or wild, peaceful or dreadful. Lisa at any cost would dodge the topic. Even if when we are with our friends when the talks are shifting about families or kids she would be aloof.

"She said that!?" Nayeon exclaimed, both Irene and I were startled at her voice. "Jesus, can you lower down your tone? People are looking at us dummy" Irene warned. "I'm trying to understand her" with a weary heart I answered. "Maybe she's still not ready. Give her more time" Irene commented, Nayeon gave her a teasing look. "That line felt nostalgic, I think I heard it somewhere" the side of my lips curled when I saw our friend flushed.

"Save it, no mentioning remember?" Irene glared, Nayeon let out a laugh, I chuckled. "Back to Jennie, she hasn't changed her mind?" I played my ring between fingers and puckered my lips. "Yeah" They glanced at me pitifully. "Do you want me to shake some senses on her?" Irene suggested, I rolled my eyes. "As if she would listen to you" Nayeon poked her sides. "Lisa might not, but I know someone who will" she wiggled her brows. "Oh fuck off" then she was hit by a book. "You're not getting your gift from Seoul"

-The night when Lisa agreed
with Jennie-

"You're not joking right?" I murmured under my breath. Lisa's lips broke into a smile, she bobbed her head and slowly stroke her thumb across my skin. "Let's inquire tomorrow, are you free?" I joyfully cling to her. "Thank you Lisa you don't know how happy I am"  I have meetings that are scheduled, but I'll cancel them. I slept dreaming about our future.

"Yes, moved it next week. Hmm, okay. Thank you Heejin" I ended the call and I notice Lisa observing me. "Why?" I consciously eye myself head to toe. "You look radiant" she walked to me and held my waist. "Because I'm...very happy. See..." I pointed my smile. She giggled and gave me an Eskimo kiss.

I listened carefully and asked countless questions to the doctor. I can't help myself but get excited, so I wasn't letting go of Lisa's hand. "It will cost thousands" I mindlessly uttered. Truthfully, I got shy at Lisa. She wanted to handle the expenses, I volunteered to but she told me that she didn't give me the wedding I wanted. And this is her making it up.

"Leozandro if it's a boy, Avery if it's a girl" Nayeon choke, I thought she would spit her drink. Her fiance rubs her back. "Chill out woman," Jeongyeon said, handing her a glass of water. "I think she didn't like it" Jisoo butted in. "I didn't say anything" my best friend defended.

"Where is your wife anyway?" Seulgi annoyingly looked at her watch. "She texted me that she's closing a deal with a client." They all turned to me, "and what hour did she say that?" I clicked my tongue. "5 hours ago..." I heard Seulgi laugh "Woah, is the client that important and it took her this hour?" she joked.

Then it turned out it wasn't

Because that person was indeed important

That client is someone who'll I never expect to play a vital role against my hopeful wish.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 233 17
"Time's up, boys" The life isn't fair. Unexpected things happen when you least expect. Jennie, a simple girl and her friends were taken by seven dang...
61.2K 2K 30
[COMPLETE] "I'm sure you didn't mean many things," Chaeyoung scoffed. "Just like how you probably didn't mean to make out with that dick and fuck him...
140K 5.4K 25
For a multi-millionaire contemporary artist like Jennie, her long-time girlfriend and pianist prodigy, Park Chaeyoung, is art beyond its form. A typi...
10.4K 665 34
The world where nothing seems to be real. The world were impossible is possible. The world where legends are told but history is forgotten. The stor...