The children who lived, Fough...

By Moldyvoldytoes420

||ONGOING|| 1976, the year that changed the Maurders and so life. What will happen when a note suddenly appea... More

Author's note
NEW BOOK (s)
Cast
Prologue
FIRST YEAR: THE SORCERER'S STONE
Chapter One
chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter evelen
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter 16
SECOND YEAR; THE CHAMBER OF SECERETS
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
THIRD YEAR; THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Forty-four
FOURTH YEAR; THE GOBLET OF FIRE
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter fourty eight
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter Fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fity seven
FIFTH YEAR: THE ORDER OF PHEONIX
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty one

Chapter Seven

10.2K 232 32
By Moldyvoldytoes420

The Sorting Hat

The screen shows The Train pulling in, "Right, then. First years, this way, please!" Hagrid yells out, "Come on, first years, don't be shy. come on now, hurry up."

Harry walks over to hagrid with Ron by his side. "Hello, Harry"

"Hi, Hagrid." replies harry

Ron looks hagrid up and down, "Wow,"

"Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me."

Slipping and stumbling, they followed Hagrid down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. It was so dark on either side of them that Harry thought there must be thick trees there. Nobody spoke much.

The screen changes to show the first-year student outside of the great hall, The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a very stern face, someone who you did not want to cross.

"Minnie!" The marauders yell out

"Welcome to Hogwarts." she said looking around at all the students, "Now shortly, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses."

Harry and Ron both look at each other, "there are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin... Now while you're here, Your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points, Any rule-breaking and you will lose points." looking straight at Primrose, who grinned in return.

The witch also slid a look towards Harry as she continued, "At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup."

The screen lowers to show a toad, A boy with chubby cheeks and a round face leaped forward "Trevor!" he says as he grabs his toad.

He looks up to the Witch and mutters a small "sorry."

"Awe, he looks like you Alice, with a mix of frank.", The said couple blushes.

Her eyes lingered for a moment at Neville's cloak, which was fastened under his left ear, and on Ron's smudged nose. Harry nervously tried to flatten his hair. Primrose was still smiling at the professor.
"I shall return when we are ready for you," said the professor. "Please wait quietly."
She left the chamber.
Harry swallowed quietly, looking around for his sister.

"Wait, where is primrose?"

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?"  he asked Ron.
"Some sort of test, I think. Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking."

"Merlin, I love our nephew." Fabian and Gideon said.

Harry looked like he was going to throw up when an evil-looking boy came forward to Harry.

Rodoplus let out a gasp, "it's a mini Lucy"

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry and Primrose Potter have come to Hogwarts."

Whispers and mumbles are heard.

The blondie points to the two boys behind him, "this is Crabble, and Goyle, am I'm Malfoy, Draco, Malfoy."

"CRABBLE AND GOYLE REPRODUCED!" Yelled out the syntherin trio

Ron makes some sort of noise that sounded like he snickered, the Malfoy kid looks Ron up and down, "Think my name funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley."

"Draco!" Yelled Narcissa and then turns to glare at her Fiancé "he gets this behavior because of you!"

Malfoy turns back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others potter."

"You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there" he says as he sticks his hand out for Harry to shake.

Harry looks down at Dracos outstretched hand before saying, "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

Malfoys checks turn pink.

The marauders let out a cheer for Harry

Malfoy is about to say something, but before he could Profrosseer McGonagall shows up and taps Malfoy on the shoulder.

"Were ready for you now. Follow me."

The double doors in front of them opened up, it was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Professor McGonagall led the first years up here, so they came to a halt in a line facing the other students, with the teachers behind them. Harry looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History"

James laughed, "What a nerd."

Lily glared at him. "Potter just because you read something doesn't make you a nerd."

that made James sober up. "Sorry my lily flower, I didn't mean it."

Harry quickly looked down again as Professor McGonagall silently placed a four-legged stool in front of the first years. On top of the stool, she put a pointed wizard's hat. the hat was patched and frayed and extremely dirty. Everyone in the hall was staring at the hat. For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth-- and the hat began to sing: (don't feel like writing the song at the moment)

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song.

"So we've just got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to Harry.

"Ew, imagine if the hat has lice, from all the heads it's been on," Primrose whispers to herself, harry quickly whips around to see his sister behind him.

"Where have you been!"

Primrose smiles at her brother and rolls her eyes, "Here and there."

"I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll."

"You know Ron, You're very gullible."

"I am not!"

"Sure, look theirs a spider by your foot."
Ron jumped and let out a screech.

Harry smiles weakly, Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on this hat and sit on the stool to be stored,'' she said.

Regulus turns to his friends, "Ten galleons that Girl potter will be in Slytherin."

Rabastan nods his head, "I agree with you."

Evan shakes his head. "I don't know, I'm getting Ravenclaw or Gryffindor vibes from her."

"Granger, Hermione!"

Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head,

"Mental, that one, I'm telling you," Ron whispered to Harry, Primrose overheard Ron and elbowed him in the ribs.

He turned to glare at her, but she acted as if nothing happened.

"Ron!" Scolded Molly, shaking her head at her future son.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Shouted the hat. Ron groaned.

The Gryffindors in the great hall watching the screen cheered, The marauders being the loudest.

The Gryffindor table cheered as Hermione hopped off the stool she went to go sit next to a redhead boy, Next professor McGonagall called out "Malfoy, Draco!"

The blonde boy from early  swagger forward to the stool, the hat was nearly placed on his head when it screamed, "SLYTHERIN!"

Malfoy smirked as he went to sit next to his friends Crabble, and Goyle.

The black family looked pleased with the future heir and lightly clapped, Narccisa was beaming happily at her son.

There weren't many people left now.

Ron leaned into harry saying, "there's not a witch or wizard  in Slytherin that didn't go bad."

The Slytherin in the great hall Scowled at Ron.

primrose who was right next to him rolled her eyes at the red-headed boy. "You know Ron, I'm going to ask to be put into Slytherin just to prove you wrong."

After a couple more names were called it was finally Harry's turn, "Potter, Harry!''

As Harry stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

The marauders and co. all lean forward in their seats waiting to hear what house Harry is in.

"Potter, did she say?''

"The Harry Potter?"

The last thing Harry saw before the hat dropped over his eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at him. next second he was looking at the black inside of the hat. he waited.

"Hmm," said a small voice in his ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh my goodness, yes— and a nice thrust to prove yourself, now thats interesting.... so where shall I put you?"

Harry gripped the edges of the stool and whispered, "Not Slytherin, Not Slytherin."

"Not Slytherin, eh?" said the small voice. "Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it's all here in your head, and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that— no?  Well if you're sure— Better be GRYFFINDOR!"

After the sorting hat had a shout out the last word to the whole hall. He took off the hat and walked shakily toward the Gryffindor table.

Harry hardly noticed that he was getting the loudest cheer yet. Percy the prefect got up and shook his hand vigorously, while the Weasley twins yelled, "We got Potter! We got Potter!" Harry sat down just as his sister's name was called up. It took a few minutes before yelling out, "SLYTHERIN."

"A potter in Slytherin?" Bellatrix said
Regulus turned to Evan, "Pay up mother fucker."
Evan dug into his pockets and pulled out ten gallons and shoved them in Regulus' outstretched palm, muttering curses.

James was about to say something but stopped due to lily's glare

The great hall goes silent, Harry's face paled as he looks up at his sister. After a few seconds of shock, whispers start to break out, but Primrose doesn't care she just hops off the stool and hands Professor Mcgonagall the hat and walks to The Slytherin table.

Harry could see the high table properly now. At the end, nearest to him sat hagrid, who caught his eyes and gave him the thumbs up. Harry grinned back. And there, in the center of the high table, in a large gold chair, sat Albus Dumbledore. Harry spotted Professor Quirrell, too, the nervous young man from the leaky cauldron. He was looking very peculiar in a large purple turban.

After a few more people were sorted it was finally Ron's turn. He was pale green by now. Harry crossed his fingers under the table and a second later the hat had shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!" Harry clapped loudly with the rest as Ron collapsed into the chair next to him. "Well done, Ron, excellent," said Percy Weasley pompously across Harry as "Zabini, Blaise," was made a Slytherin.

Professor McGonagall rolled up her scroll and took the sorting hat away. Harry looked down at his empty gold plate. He looked back up towards the Slytherin table to see his sister sitting with four boys, one of them being Draco Malfoy and the other being the boy that was just sorted. The other one had a mix of blonde and brown hair, he had a huge smile on his face, the last one had his face blank as he just stared at his plate, he had dark brown hair almost black. He nudged Ron "hey, who are those boys primrose is with?"

Ron turned to look, his face turned into a scowl, "Nott, Zabini, I'm not sure about the other one, and Malfoy. Their family is death eaters."

Harry was about to reply when Albus Dumbledore has gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.
"Welcome!" He said.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are Nitsit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
"Thank you!" He says back down. Everybody clapped and cheered.

"Is he— a bit mad?" He asked Percy uncertainly.
"Mad?" Said Percy airily. "He a genius! Best wizard in the world! But he is a bit mad, yes. Potatoes Harry?"

The screen zoomed to the Slytherin table where Primrose and her new friends were eating.

"So Ms. Primrose Potter, it was you that walked into our compartment earlier."

"No zucchini, it was my clone. Of course, it was me."

Theo started laughing, "I think we're going to be great friends Rosie."

Primrose just stared at him, narrowing her eyes.

The boy who introduced himself as 'Riddle' was still silent.

"You don't talk much do you?" She asked him.

All she got in return was a glare. She just shrugged and smiled at him, the glare softened. Just a tiny bit.

"You know, I met your brother earlier, didn't want to be my friend. I'm surprised your sitting here."

"We may be twins, but I can make my own decision Malfoy."

The screen switches back to Harry at the Gryffindor table.

Harry looked back up at the High table. Hagrid was drinking deeply from his goblet. Professor Mcgongall was talking to Professor Dumbledore. Professor Quirrell, in his absurd turban, was talking to a teacher with greasy black hair, a hooked nose, and sallow skin.

The marauders stared at the screen.
"WHAT!"

"snivellus is a teacher!"

"Those poor kids, first the nervous, suspicious dada teacher and now snape," Regulus said while laughing.

Severus scowled.

It happened very suddenly. The hooked-nosed teacher looked past Quirrell's turban straight into Harry's eyes— and a sharp, hot pain shot across the scar in Harry's forehead.
"Ouch!" Harry clapped a hand to his head.
"What is it?" Asked Percy.

"What did you do to my son!"
"I don't know Potter, it's the future."

"N-nothing."
The pain had gone as quickly as it had come. Harder to shake off was the feeling Harry had gotten from the teacher look— a feeling that he didn't like Harry at all.

"Who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?" He asked.
"Oh, that's Professor snape. He teaches Potions, but he doesn't want to— everyone knows he's after Quirrell's job."
Harry watched Snape for a while, but snape didn't look at him again.

At last, the desserts too disappeared, and Professor dumbledore got to his feet again. The hall fell silent.
"Ahem— just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you."

"First years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."
Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins.
"I have also been asked by Mr. flinch the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used Between classes in the corridors, Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams Should contact madam hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

"Why would he say that."

"It's just gonna make them want to do it even more."

Harry laughed. "He's not serious?" He muttered to Percy.
"Must be," said Percy, frowning at dumbledore.

"And now, before we go to bed, let's us sing the school song!" Cried dumbledore.
He gave his wand a little flick.

______________________

Everybody finished the song at different times. At last, only the wealsye twins were left singing along to a very slow funeral march. Dumbledore conducted their last few lines with his wand and when they had finished, he was one of those who clapped the loudest.
"Off you trot!"
The Gryffindor first years followed Percy through the chattering crowds, out of the great hall, and up the marble staircase. After a little more walking and turning, they finally stopped at a Portrait of a woman in a pink silk dress.

"Ah, here we are." Said, Percy
"Password?" She Said.

"Caput Draconis," said Percy, and the portrait swung forward to reveal a round hike in the wall. They all scrambled through it — and found themselves in sm the Gryffindor common room, a cozy, round room full of squishy armchairs.

Once in their dorms, they changed into their pajamas and got into bed.

__________________________________________________________________________

A/N: this chapter took forever to write because I was busy this week. Sorry for that but here it is, I hope you enjoyed it. Also, don't mind if there are any spelling mistakes I'm going over this later to edit.

Also, I'm working on an oc X oc. It's Harry potters twin sister and Sirius's black son. The first chapter should be out soon if you want to check it out. The story name is called 'loving Cora'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 77.7K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
197K 5.1K 44
It was in 1977 with the Marauders era when James Potter tried to get Lily-pa- I MEAN Lily Evans to go out with him but declined him saying she doesn'...
198K 5K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
847K 25.3K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...