Reign Soma

Av seren_dipityyy

Reign: The fox spirit, known to be sly, cunning, and short-tempered. The one who baited the god into having t... Mer

Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch.7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Notice
Ch. 22

Ch. 1

3.7K 40 0
Av seren_dipityyy

Old folktales are always led astray since they've been carried on for generations. That's why many people usually leave out the cat and the fox since they make it fourteen instead of twelve. But in the old folktale, the fox is merely a suggestion box that the god always seemed to listen to. The fox would tell the God whatever in wanted to hear before throwing its own opinions out there that the God would undoubtedly listen to. The new God of the zodiacs, Akito, didn't like that the fox had so much control over the God, so Akito made Reign's life hell due to the folktale from so long ago.

The fox was simply a plaything for Akito to bully and do with as Akito pleased. That fox was none other than Reign. She was the white fox; a symbol of purity, cleverness, playfulness, mischievousness, and recognition. Many people found the fox to be cunning due to its insatiable hunger for causing chaos. Akito was one of those people.

"They say that a white fox is a sign of purity but I find you far from it." Akito commented darkly. "Only someone truly cunning would bait the God into having the banquet. You're no different." Akito commented, laughing in Reign's ear. "You bring despair everywhere you go. Never forget that. "

These insults would go on and on until Reign finally got up and walked away. Akito found it amusing and has kept Reign close since their first meeting.

The Reign from today is now twenty-seven years old and is an assistant of Hatori's. She's been his assistant ever since he first started working as the family doctor. Most of the time Reign could be found sitting in his backyard and playing with foxes. And today was the same as usual; playing in his yard with foxes. There was three of them. They were tiny little things and looked like they wanted to have some fun.

Reign played with them with a smile on her face, entertained by the trio. Two of them would fight any time she gave the other too much attention while the other one simply laid on her lap, sleeping soundly. Out of the corner of her eye Reign saw a bigger fox who looked like the mom. Using her communication skills with the fox, she figured out that the mom was looking for her babies.

Reign called the mom over and petted her softy as she collected her babies one by one. The mom rubbed against Reign, her way of saying thank you before leaving. The two baby foxes still fought on their way out as the sleepy one simply followed the mom without issue. Reign watched them leave with a warming look on her face.

"Are you trying to catch cold?" Hatori scolded.

Reign turned around to see Hatori standing outside the door, his face a bit angry? "Oh come on Hatori," she teased. "I can handle the cold like the average human."

"I'd prefer if you didn't worry me. I am the only family doctor." countered Hatori.

She smiled. "Then I'll take over when you can't handle the stress anymore." she mused.

Hatori sighed and put his face in his palm. "Just come inside. I'd hate to be scolded by your parents later for not watching you like I should."

"Fine." she replied. "I'll go inside so you can stop pestering."

Satisfied, Hatori went inside, Reign following behind him. She closed the window side door behind her and sat down on the sofa in his office. It was true that she was a bit cold but nothing she couldn't handle. If she did stay outside longer though she would've transformed. Even though she wanted to lie, Hatori could see right through her. He knew immediately she was cold and near transformation. He was the keeper of her, Ayame, and Shigure. The four of them have been together since they were children and they are all the same age.

Hatori came into the office with a tea set. He sat it on the table and sat across from Reign. He poured them both tea and took his as it was while Reign put two sugar cubes into hers before drinking it.

"I'm going to Yuki and Kyo's school." he said suddenly.

Reign warmed her hands with the cup. "For what? Why so suddenly?"

He sat the cup on its plate. "Yuki needs a checkup and I would like to talk to Tohru Honda."

Reign raised a brow. He sighed and told the truth. "The checkup part is true but Akito originally wanted to go to see the boys but I convinced Akito not to go since Akito has a fever."

"Akito was going to see Tohru Honda. I already know. No need to lie to me." she said putting her hair into a bun.

He fixed his eyes on her in a questioning way. "Do you even know about her well?"

"You're talking about that girl who found out that they're zodiac members?" she asked. Hatori nodded. "She'll be there too won't she? I'll be coming."

"No you will not. One look at you from high school kids and they'll be all over you. You'll transform immediately." he said assertively.

Reign scoffed. "You're one to talk. High school was hell for all four of us. Love confessions all the time and people wanting to be on us. You're in just as much danger as me."

He sighed impatiently. "Reign you will-"

"Anyways it'll be nice to leave here. I've needed fresh air for a while. It's suffocating to stay here for so long." she said cutting him off.

Hatori couldn't refuse her after that. It's true staying here is suffocating. Here lies bad memories for all the members of the zodiac. Being here for too long can drive anyone insane. So he simply looked Reign in the eyes and frowned. The look on her face when she looked back at him said "I've won."

"You can come but please don't engage with the students." he pleaded.

Reign nodded her head and took a sip of her tea, finishing it off.

*

"So this is their school huh?" asked Momiji with his hands behind his back, walking up the steps to the doors.

Hatori locked the car and put the keys into his pockets. "It's co-ed so be careful Momiji."

Reign walked past the both of them and entered the school, the two of them trailing behind her. Once inside Hatori led them to the Yuki and Kyo's classroom. Many people were staring at the three of them since no one had ever seen them before. Reign did wear clothes she wouldn't usually wear. She's usually seen wearing kimono's and flats at the estate but she changed her wardrobe dramatically for today.

Since Hatori went with formal attire, she did the same; wearing a fitted black pencil skirt with a slit high enough to reveal her mid thigh with a long sleeved white shirt tucked in and a suit jacket that paired with it well, wearing black heels to match. Reign left her hair down put used pins on the left side to tuck some of the hair out of her face. She carried Hatori's doctors bag and walked beside him to the room. Whispers about the two could be heard but she simply ignored them.

They went up a flight of stairs and went down a hall before turning left, reaching their classroom. Without even noticing, a crowd of people was filling behind them. But they paid them no mind because all of their attention was on Momiji who had randomly jumped onto Kyo's back, making him yell. Hatori and Reign exchanged glances and sighed.

"You shouldn't do that Momiji." the two said in unison. "What if you hurt poor Kyo there?"

The class looked at the two of them and Hatori walked in far enough for Reign to follow. She looked at Yuki and bowed her head slightly. Once he saw the action he turned red and did it sloppily, making her giggle softly.

"Why are you guys here?!" Kyo yelled.

"Well hello to you too, Kyo." Reign said smiling at him.

Hatori held his hand out and Reign knew he wanted his bag. She handed it to him without delay and the students in the class began to ask questions.

"Who are they?" a girl asked Yuki.

Yuki sighed. "Relatives from the Soma clan." he said calmly.

Hatori went around digging in his bag for a supply. "Can you tell me when you turned into a girl?"

Yuki balled his fists up and showed an irritated expression. "Based on the amount of times you've seen me naked, you know I'm not."

Some of the students in the class gasped.

"Yuki does that mean!-"

"No!" he said sternly. "He's a doctor, as is Reign."

Hatori pulled out his stethoscope and asked Yuki to take a deep breath. He did so and the checkup went smoothly. A girl with brown hair came running over with a worrier look on her face and asked Yuki if he was alright.

"Are you okay Yuki? You aren't sick right?" she asked distressed.

He smiled to reassure her. "I'm not at all Miss Honda. Just a checkup."

She pressed more which shocked Reign. "Are you sure?"

"Yuki just has some minor bronchial issues that he's had since he was a child. Nothing serious but coming by for a checkup doesn't hurt anything you know." Hatori informed her.

"Who are you?" Reign asked curiously looking at the girl.

She smiled softly and bowed. "I'm Tohru Honda. A classmate of Yuki and Kyo. Nice to meet you." Tohru said, coming up from her bow. "Who are you?"

"Reign Soma and Hatori Soma. Family doctors." Reign answered curtly.

Reign was going to continue the conversation but they got interrupted with Kyo yelling at Momiji so Tohru excused herself and went back to check on them.

"Odd." Reign commented to herself. "Right Yuki, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while."

"Would be better if you guys didn't show up at school for a surprise checkup."

Hatori took his stethoscope off and handed it to Reign so she could put in the bag. "We wouldn't be here if you'd stop by the estate and come in for a checkup like you're supposed to. Also, be glad that we're here. Akito was going to come instead but I knixed the idea since Akito had a fairly high fever. And relax," he said staring at Yuki out the corner of his eye while Yuki glared at him. "I'm not going to do anything to your friend. But you should know that that glare doesn't exactly work when you're dressed like that."

"I wasn't asking for your opinion!" Yuki growled.

Reign grabbed both of them by the cheek and pinched it which earned her a glare from Hatori and Yuki asking her to stop.

"Stop bickering like children and I won't treat you like one." she said simply.

Just then, everyone saw yellow smoke go up and Reign looked at Hatori who also looked at her. Neither of them was surprised at the transformation but they didn't expect it to happen so suddenly. Yuki came up with a distraction and Tohru left with a bunny in her arms. Reign, Hatori, Kyo, and Yuki followed her to the rooftop of the building.

Kyo was scolding Momiji endlessly and Tohru tried to mediate while Reign stayed back with Hatori.

"Don't we need to go soon?" he asked her, checking his watch. "Aren't you going to meet your parents?"

She nodded. "It'll be fine if I'm a bit late. Let's just get this situation situated first."

Kyo said something rude about Yuki and Yuki appeared suddenly, throwing him across the building. Momiji was still crying about Kyo bullying and that's when Reign had enough.

"Momiji," she called calmly, with a hint of anger in her tone as she looked at him. "You are not a child. Stop crying and take responsibly for your recklessness."

He stopped whining and everyone looked at her with an open mouth. It was the first time they had seen her truly annoyed and assertive. Reign was relatively quiet and spoke when needed so it was rare for her to actually raise her voice.

Momiji pouted but stopped whining yet still clung to Tohru while in rabbit form.

"Kyo, Yuki, come here." ordered Hatori, stepping in front of Reign.

"Why?" asked Kyo skeptically.

He sighed. "Do as your told."

The two looked at each other before stepping forward and standing in front of him.

"I want you to say the first thing that comes to mind." he said dramatically. "Macaroni and.."

"Cheese?" the two said smiling whilst saying it.

He pulled out a camera and took a picture.

"Akito wanted me to take a picture of you boys. That's all. We'll be going now."

Hatori turned around and took off, Reign and Momiji followed. Kyo yelled while Yuki stood in shock. They exited the school and by the time they got back in the car, Momiji transformed back into a human. Reign put her seatbelt on and looked at Hatori.

"Yet you didn't want me to come because I'd transform." she said smugly, a smirk on her face.

He sighed and crunk the car up. "A headache is what you are."

She smiled and turned away from him. "I'll take that."

*

"엄마, 아부지, 안녕하세요!" Reign called. "너 어디야?" (Hello mom and father! Where are you?)

"아 레인아, 너 여기 있어?" her mom said, coming around the corner. (Ah Reign, you're here?)

She smiled and walked towards her mom, hugging her. "응. 저도 너무 피곤해요.." (Yes. I'm very tired as well.)

"Is that my daughter I hear?" her dad asked, joining them.

Reign let go of her mom and went to give him a kiss on his cheek since she couldn't hug him without transforming.

"I've missed you both. What did you need to meet with me for though?" she asked. "Usually you would come to my house."

Her mom and dad looked at each other. "Let's go sit down first before speaking."

She raised a brow but followed them nonetheless. The house they had at the estate was more or less the same as hers but was bigger and more spacious in some factors.

The three of them sat down in the kitchen at the table and her dad started the conversation.

"We've been talking about this for a while Reign." he started. "And we aren't rushing you but we feel that it needs to be talked about despite everything that may cause you to oppose this, but have you been thinking about settling down?"

Reign tilted her head. "That isn't possible with my condition."

Her mom grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "Please hear him out Reign."

Her dad continued. "You don't have to marry a man. We'd be happy as long as you are happy. IVF and surrogacy is always an option. We just don't want you to be lonely when we pass away." he said, his eyes pleading for her to take his words into consideration.

She rubbed her forehead with the hand her mom didn't have and sighed. "I'm happy as I am now and I won't be lonely even after you guys pass. Also I don't want to talk about you guys passing as if it means nothing!" Reign said, raising her voice slightly.

"Reign," her mom called softly. "You don't have to do it now, just think about it, okay?"

"미쳐나봐." she said quietly to herself. (I must be going crazy.)

"뭐라고 했어?" asked her dad. His tone implied he wanted her to repeat what she said. (What did you say?)

Reign shook her head and stood up. "그건 아무것도 아니야. 나 갈게요. 사랑해요."  (It's nothing. I'm going. Love you.)

She bowed and left. Her mom called her and tried to run after her but Reign's dad stopped her.

"그만해. 그녀는 오늘 충분히 먹었어. 우리는 그녀에게 큰 것을 떨어뜨렸다." he said, trying to get her to understand why Reign reacted the way she did. (Stop it. She had enough today. We dropped a big one on her.)

"이건 내가 이 대화를 하려고 의도한 방식이 아니야." she cried into her hands. (This is not the way I intended to have this conversation.)

Reign picked up her heels and walked around the estate. She just needed a breath of fresh air before returning home. Though the conversation was short, it drained her. Why would they bring up marriage? She knows she's getting in in years but twenty-seven isn't old. She could have kids in her thirties, or not have any at all. That was always an option.

She understood her parents intentions and knew they meant well but it didn't reciprocate well with her. After a while of randomly walking around the estate, she found herself at Hatori's home. He was sitting down on the outskirts of the house with Shigure. Shigure spotted her first and she waved, walking towards them.

"How nice of you to join us!" he said joyfully.

Reign sat down and sighed deeply, taking her suit jacket off and tossing it to the side. "What are you doing here?"

"I can't come and visit the estate without a reason now?" he gasped. "How rude."

She glared at him. "I'll leave if you keep acting like that." Reign lamented rudely.

Hatori eyed her. "Is something the matter? You seem agitated."

"Of course I am." she said laughing. "My parents just wanted to talk to me about getting married and having kids. I should've seen it coming."

"You aren't the only one who's been getting hounded." said Shigure, crossing his legs. "Mine at least wants me to get married."

"Do you plan to?"

He laughed. "No. Not at all! Marriage just doesn't suit me I believe."

She scoffed. "You say that but never actually made an attempt in any relationship you've ever been in."

He countered. "You say that but never even made an attempt on the one person you've liked for over a decade. Who's worse?"

They growled at each other and Hatori broke it up with a sigh. "You two are way too old to be arguing. Immature."

"Says the one who's spirit is smaller than Reign when she first arrived at the estate." Shigure said laughing.

Reign stifled hers and Hatori pulled out his scalpel from in his sleeve and walked slowly up to Shigure. He didn't open it until it was by his ear and Shigure stopped laughing immediately.

"Another word about my spirit and you'll see what a doctor can do with a scalpel." he threatened.

"No thank you. I think I'm just fine being kept in the dark." he said shakily.

Reign laughed and it caused the two of them to laugh as well. Being around them was a great way for her to forget about her conversation with her parents. The moment she got around them she felt an instant wave come over her that washed away her sadness or anxiety.

"Shall we go out for drinks and invite Aya?" asked Shigure.

Reign nodded. "I'll go but I won't drink. Still not a fan of it."

"I'll go too. Since Reign won't drink, I'll do it. Therefore Reign is the designated driver on the way home." Hatori said standing up.

She groaned. "I hate driving."

Shigure phoned Aya and you could hear him despite the phone not being on speaker. They didn't even have any alcohol in their system yet it was already a mess. Reign put her heels on and got her suit jacket. Hatori went to find the keys and handed them to her as Shigure got up and fixed his suit tie.

"Ready?" she asked.

They could see in her face that she felt way better than when she first came over.

"Ready." they responded.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

413K 12.5K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
113K 3.6K 30
She's born to be my lover. On the outside Adrien was a gentle, loving guy. Kind to his peers and patience to his fans, a perfect man to any girl but...
31.7K 667 38
If the the first 13 chapters are odd..... I wrote them in middle school - the recent chapters are more up to date on how mature I can be-:)) 𝒯𝒽𝒾�...
50K 1.7K 28
NCIS fanfiction, my first one so u have been warned !!!!