Must Love The Playboy

By notjustarandomgirl

(Must Date the Playboy Book 3) Despite attempts of being 'just a friend', Zach realized that his feelings for... More

Must Love The Playboy
Chapter 1 - I Should Go
Chapter 2 - He's Not Okay
Chapter 3 - I'm Back
Chapter 4 - Forget It
Chapter 6 - Hidden Agenda
Chapter 7 - Secret
Chapter 8 - Friend
Chapter 9 - Exception
Chapter 10 - Control
Chapter 11 - Sarah Vardi
Chapter 12 - Trap
Chapter 13 - Someone
Chapter 14 - Chasing You
Chapter 15 - The Sun
Chapter 16 - Great Minds Think Alike
Chapter 17 - Sappy and Honesty
Chapter 18 - Boiling Point
Chapter 19 - Give Me Love
Chapter 20 - Kiss Me
Chapter 20 - Kiss Me (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 21 - The Unwanted Visitors
Chapter 22 - Behind the Animosity
Chapter 23 - Curiosity
Chapter 24 - Unexpected Visit
Chapter 25 - Selflessness or Selfishness
Chapter 26 - Night Changes
Chapter 27 - James' Desperation
Chapter 28 - The Bitchiest of Them All
Chapter 29 - Older and Better
Chapter 30 - Chloe's Secret
Chapter 31 - Letting Go
BEFORE THE LAST CHAPTER
THE LAST CHAPTER
PREVIEW

Chapter 5 - Let Me

635K 17.7K 7K
By notjustarandomgirl

Another MLTP Trailer. Thank you Faith Quilan. This chapter is for you!

Continue sending those book trailers, okay? Thanks again.

---------

Chapter 5 – Let Me

** ZACH's POV **

"Looking good, Anderson."

"Not now, Nathaniel. I'm busy." I said, not looking at him and just focusing on my tie.

I heard Nate chuckle then he walked towards my direction. "For someone who hates cotillion, you sure looked dressed to impress."

"Two things, Nate. Two things." I said before I turn to look at him. "One, I don't want to go there. But I do not have a choice, right? And two, not because I hate that stupid party doesn't mean I have to look like crap. I have a reputation to uphold you know."

"What? To stay shining, shimmering, and splendid?" Nate teased. He was even laughing.

"Oh, get out of here." I bit out in an irritated tone, and that just made Nate's laugh louder. "One more laugh and I'm going to shove this fist down your throat." I threatened.

Nathan paused for a second, maybe trying to gauge if I was being serious about this. I furrowed my brows at him and that was the time that he laughed again. This time, hard. "Are you done?" I asked impatiently.

"Just a few more." He laughed for a few more seconds. "Okay, I'm done." He said, wiping his fake tears away.

"I don't have time for this." I sneered and focused again on my tie. "Why are you here anyway? Isn't Chloe waiting for you?" I asked.

"Nah. She's coming with River." Nathan said with a wide grin.

"River finally did it, huh." I commented, amusement in my tone.

Never thought that River would put his stupid plan into action. Sometimes I wonder where he was getting all the mischief and braveries.

It all started a week ago. Nate told me a very interesting story. River finally figured out that Chloe was the masked girl he was searching for. Apparently, River thought that Chloe was in for revenge from his childhood misbehaviors.

He assumed that Chloe was trying to make him fall for her and not reveal her identity so that he would go crazy searching for her, not knowing that they're both as clueless as ever.

Now, River was on the move. He had his own idea of a good payback. His idea, just like what I said earlier that day, was totally pathetic and could backfire. Why did I say that? Well it was based on my own experience, of course.

River planned on making Chloe his girlfriend, make her fall for him—hard, and then leave her crying with a broken heart. The first time I heard it, my initial reaction was to laugh so hard that I couldn't breathe anymore.

It was downright impossible. Why?

Well, Chloe hates him with every inch of her fiber. End of story.

But we underestimated River too much. We didn't have any idea that he was hiding something under his sleeves.

Few days back when the girls were fitting their dresses (which was still a mystery to us why we were there when they're not going to even show it to us), that was the time River dropped his biggest scheme. I still remember it as if it just happened yesterday.

"Honey! You didn't tell me that you're dating River Ellison." Liz gushed to her daughter.

When we heard it, we're all as surprised as Chloe, while River on the other hand was smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Mom. What are you talking about?" Chloe asked with full confusion.

"Oh dear, no need to be embarrassed. I know that you two wanted to surprise me and announce it at the cotillion. But River here slipped the info unknowingly." Liz said with a giggle.

I turned to look at Nathan and he shrugged, saying that he didn't have any idea what was happening. I directed my eyes to Tori who also in a state of shock. Okay, clearly not a single human being here knows what the hell was happening.

River walked towards Chloe's direction and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "I'm sorry, love. I accidentally told your mom about us. And when she asked for confirmation, I didn't have it in me to lie to her. So I told her that we're dating since Hamptons."

Before Chloe could even react, Liz dashed to her direction and gave her a big hug. "Oh dear, finally. A very admirable boyfriend. I almost lost my hopes in you. Your past boyfriends didn't even pass my list. But you hit a jackpot here. And Patrick Ellison is a great friend of mine. I'm sure that he's as thrilled as I am that his son is dating my daughter. I always knew that you two would be a lovely couple since you're little. And the article about you two dancing at the White Party is true all along. Oh, dear. I am so happy!"

We've never seen Liz like this before. She was so happy—no, too happy that tears were starting to form in her eyes. Chloe looked irritated by the situation but I know that she couldn't burst her mom's happy bubble. Not now that she was finally smiling after her divorce with her father.

She was caught in the middle. What are you doing to do, Clow?

And with that, Chloe walked out of the room without uttering a single word. Tori followed her outside.

"She's just shy." River said, trying to lighten up the mood. He looked at Liz and smiled.

He used the mom-method, huh.

You sneaky bastard.

"Yeah. That guy's guts are surely one of a kind. You should ask lessons from him, you know." Nate humored.

"Why should I take lessons from someone whose idea of dating is about pressure and manipulation?"

"Don't be so dense, Zach. We both know that River did that for a different reason. He's masking his true feelings. Besides, at least he knows the art of winning a girl's heart."

I turned to glare at his direction. "And what's that supposed to mean, huh?"

"Hmm." Nate started, as if he was in deep thought. "Let's just put it in the context of 'however you want that to mean'." He said with a mocking grin.

Why was I wasting my time listening to him again? Most of his talks didn't make sense anyway.

"If you're not going with Chloe, why are you in a tux?" I asked.

"Trying to change the subject, I see. But for the sake of your curiosity, I'm taking Felicity Cambridge. Daughter of one of our stockholders." He said and then he looked at his watch. "Speaking of which, I should go and pick her up."

"Let me guess, it's your dad's idea."

"Nah. It's my mom's idea and you know moms. They love playing matchmakers."

"You tell me. I don't have one." I told him. Nate was taken aback by what I said. I didn't mean it to sound like I was offended or jealous by the fact that he has a mother and I don't. Maybe he was feeling guilty that he brought up the topic about moms.

Nate walked towards my direction and tapped my shoulders. "Well, if she's here, I bet she will be happy with whoever you choose. But I also bet that you'll get an earful for letting go one of the biggest fish in the sea."

Trying to lighten up the mood. I see. Well thanks for that, Hemmington. Like I would say that out loud.

"So, aren't you going to pick up Sarah? You're going to be late." Nate asked.

"Nah. She said that she'd go at the party first. She didn't want me to see her dress and she wanted the 'element of surprise' whatever she meant by that." I said, quoting some words in the air.

Nate chuckled and he eventually made his way out, bidding his goodbye.

I, on the other hand, continued fixing my tie. Damn this thing.

* * * * * *

I arrived at the party in no time. I planned to be a little late but this wasn't the right type of occasion to do that.

Why did I even agree to this? I couldn't believe I wasted most of my time practicing that stupid dance. Sarah owed me in this one. Big time!

Instead of wallowing myself in irritation, I just made my way to the sea of people and searched for Sarah to get this over and done with.

And there she was, wearing a silver flowing dress and her blond hair was tied up, a few stands of her hair were falling down her face.

"Hey." She greeted me with a smile.

"Hey." I replied with a smile.

"So?" She asked as she made a full 360 twirl.

"I must say... you look gorgeous." I said in full honesty. Sarah's smile got wider.

If there's one thing that Sarah loves the most, it's compliments.

"Why thank you, Zach." She said. "You look dashing. As always."

I just chuckled at this. "So, let's make your debut to the high society." I offered my arm to her and she took it. I escorted her to where the others were lined up.

I willed myself to stop looking around and search for that certain someone. Who knows what kind of trouble I might get myself into? So with that, I kept my eyes on a straight line.

The organizer separated the guys from the ladies. We're ushered to the left side and they're on the right. River was the fourth in the line, followed by James, then me, and Nate was at my back.

"So, how did you make Chloe agree to be her escort?" Nate asked. His curiosity was eating him. I could sense that.

"Persistent is the word." River said with a smug.

"More like threats and manipulations." I said which earned laughs from James and Nathan.

River sneered at our constant bullying and he eventually chose to ignore us.

After a few more minutes of laughing, the music was starting to play. Which means, the program was about to start.

"Good evening. Welcome to the Annual Dispensary Cotillion and Debutante Ball." And the people at the ball started clapping.

One by one, the ladies were being introduced together with their escorts. Few glimpses about their background were said as they walked down the grand staircase.

Dispensary Cotillion. Debutante Ball. The time when ladies were presented to the society.

Maybe I was too deep in my thoughts that I haven't realized it was already Chloe's turn.

"Courtier Charlotte Mari Loise, daughter of world renowned fashion designer Elizabeth Loise. Escorted by River Alexander Ellison." The arrogant look on River's face was annoying but when he saw Chloe out wearing a gold dress that hugged her body, River's jaw dropped.

That look of awe on his face was priceless!

"She plans on following the footstep of her mother, and have her own line in the future."

River looked nervous as he led Chloe down the staircase. Oh boy, your plan is exploding in front of your face. I told you not to play with fire.

"Courtier Victoria Amelia Peige, daughter of Edward and Vanessa Peige. Heiress to the world class Prestige Hotel." Tori walked out and my heart literally jumped out of my chest by the sight of her.

She was wearing a red ball gown; her hair was down and curled. Her makeup was light, making her beautiful face look more natural.

God, she's stunning!

"Escorted by Zachary William Anderson."

I immediately snapped back to reality the moment I heard my name.

WHAT! When? How?

James turned to my direction, looking shocked as I was. What the hell was happening?

"She plans to go to Columbia University. She dedicated her time—"

I didn't hear the rest of what the presenter was talking about. I stayed rooted to where I was standing. I didn't know what to do.

What should I do?!

James was looking at me, as if asking me if I had anything to do with this. But I knew that he sensed that I was as clueless as him.

I was debating with myself whether I should go out or not before the presenter finished her speech. It might look like her escort ditched her, and I wouldn't ditch her!

It's just that, I'm not her escort!

But then something was pushing me to go out and claim her.

Just this night.

For once, I should forget the rest and be selfish. I'd been selfless for long fuckin' months.

Let me have this one.

Just this once, let me have this girl that I've been wanting to escort on the day of her debut.

I wanted to be the one leading her down the staircase.

With that, I walked past James and made my way to Tori's direction.

Let me be your man tonight, Victoria Amelia Peige.

--- END OF CHAPTER FIVE ---

Thank you very much for sticking with me up until now. Thank you very much for appreciating my effort and my stories. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you all!

TWITTER: @notarandomgirl

INSTAGRAM: @imadsantos

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

237K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...
164K 7.8K 56
|Book 2| 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 Carter. He's hurt. He feels pain. He's full of so much rage. He puts up a front that fools everyone but the on...
1.9K 124 31
I'm battling with myself. I have been going through a lot. I have been getting hurt more often and caught myself crying, and losing people. Everythin...
6.6K 695 18
| Highest rankings | ✓ #3 in bad choices #5 in breaking free #10 in adrenaline #6 in grudges Tyler has never bothered with looks or ever shown int...