a beautiful soul

By varbariz

Mia it's the typical queen B at Liberty High, hanging out with the jocks seemed pretty normal for her, but th... More

Disclaimer/playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16-Better
17-Magic
18-Old me
19-Hard
20-You
21-Tragedy
22-about to go down
23-Is she home?
24-The talk
25-thank you Mia Jensen
Mia's second tape
26-still not over!
28-craving
29-break up?
30-Justin back
31-I'm sorry
32-clubhouse
33-Jeff Atkins
34-tapes are out
35-will you fix it?
36-the clubhouse
37-try something new
38-drop It
39-can you hate me now?

11

550 4 2
By varbariz

lemme remind you

"Remember when I said friendships are  complecated, that was true. I thought that mine and Jess friendship was complecated but that was only the begin of things. When you started to actually be my friend that was the moment I realised how messy friendships could be"

"So wellcome to you tape Liberty's High queen B "

"Mia Jensen, You killed me" 

The boy took off his headphones, and walked straight to his sister bedroom, without even knocking on the door, he walked in. Even though they had the 'no closed doors' rule, that Mia was not very happy about it, she rarely stayed with her door opened. Clay walked in her bedroom which caught Mia's attention"The fuck" she whispers.

"What did you do to her" Clay asks slamming the door close, but he was practically yelling at the blond girl so even though the door was closed their parents could still hear him yell.

"Clay keep it down" Mia says gettin up from the bed and going to open the door to see if their parents heard anything. When she saw that no one heard nor saw anything she closed the door again and turned to face her very angry brother.

"Clay listen to me" She started but was soon cut of by Clay .

" No you listen, she was your best friend Mia" Clay says angry and confused at the same time.

"Clay I need you to listen to me" She trys to say to her brother but he was to angry to let her explain herself.

" How-How could you " He asks multiple times " She-she was your best friend " Mia rolled her eyes.

" She was never my best friend Clay" Mia shouts. Clay looked at her confused and sat himself on the girl's bed.

"What" He asks calmly this time, looking up to see his sister sad face.

"Look, you need to have two things in your mind. One you can't belive everything Hannah says, she-she " The blond sttuters " She lied about some shit"

"I don't understand" Clay says with tear in his eyes

"C" The girl walks towards her brother, she sits beside him placing her hand on his" Listen to the tape and then I will tell you what is the truth and what is not" She says kissing the boys cheek.

"What is second thing" Clay asks " Just listen to the tapes" She replys

" The worst part of it all Mia is that I don't even blame you for being a shitty friend"

"I should, but I can't"

"You had me warrped around your finger"

"because I needed a friend and you needed a new pawn"

 "Do you remember the night we met? Because I surely do"

" They told me it was the same night you came back, you never told me anything abou it"

"But like you once said to me, nothing in Liberty High School"

"stays hiden for long"

"That was the first time I saw you, was also the first time i saw you fighting with your"

 "boyfriend and when they told me what you guys were figthing about"

 "I just couldn't picture the reason you were with him"

"But that was none of my bussines like you said"

Flashback:

New girl in town party was were Mia was, she was only here for two reasons: One Kat asked her to come. And second she needed to be sure she was still Liberty's High most popular girl.

Mia was walking inside the house trying to spot her boyfriend, she had just seen Zach and Justin outside playfully figthing and now she was looking for the boy that was supposed to had picked her up from the airport but didn't.

She saw him surrounded by some girls, and even though Mia knew Monty would never cheat on her, she was so mad at him.

"Wow. You can't pick your girfriend from airport but you surely can spend your time by talking with some bitches" Mia says approaching the group.

"Mia" Monty says getting closer to the girl "Don't even dare to touche me " She says angry the boy didn't even fought back, he just steped away.

"That is it, you not gonna try to explain yourself" She yells " What do you want me to say' I am sorry' I didn't do shit Mia" The boy yells back.

" Oh ok. Then I am out here" Mia turned around to leave but the much taller boy wrapped his hand around her wrist, spining her around to face him.

"No, you are not" He tells her " Montgomery let me go, I am done with this" She says frustrated.

"No, you wanted to talk let's talk" He shouts. The room that was full with teens was now with their whole attention on the pair. Mia loved attention but when she was fighting with her boyfriend she hated that people just stoped whatever they were doing to stare.

"Okay" She says steping closer to the boy, that was no longer holding her wrist she crossed her arms in front of her chest " Why didn't you came to pick me up " She asks.

" I thought that you wanted to be with Jeff".

She let a laugh out and shoke her head " I don't belive you " She says. Mia knew how much Monty hated when people doubted him "What" He aks just to be sure he heard it currectly.

" I don't belive that is the real reason" Mia had now a smirk on her lips,steping closer to him "Actually I think the real reason is that you felt guilty and you didn't want to face me. Too bad. Because now I am back again" She shouts.

" You little bitch" Monty says just above a whisper.

" Tell me the truth Montgomery. God damm it" She yells once again.

" Yes, I do feel guilty. Happy now" Montgomery De La Cruz yells to his girlfriend or at least he hoped she was still his girlfriend

Mia walked closer to the boy, placing her hand on the boy's cheek she stared at his eyes for a moment. The blond missed those brown eyes so much .She kissed him. She didn't know why, Mia you were supposed to be mad at him she  thought. She knew she couldn't stay mad at him, didn't matter how much she wanted to. 

"What are they figthing about?" Hannah asks Clay. The couple was standing on the door frame watching the two other teens.

"Not sure. I just know he was a jerk after what happened" Clay says not even noticing what he just said

 "Wait, what happened to her?" The girl asks.

"Look, you can't say a word about this, ok?" Clay explains which the girl nooded.

"At the start of summer, my sister and her friends they went to this party. It was a older dude that was hosting and some unknown guys, they drugged her and took advantage of her. The next morning she woke up naked on some dudes house. Pictures got spreed around but no one talks about it anymore, and thank god for that" Hannah was speechless, she had no idea about that, it was a lof of information.

"How did your parents figured out, what happened" She questions.

Clay looks up at her "Montgomery, her boyfriend, he was pissed about the photos. He thought that she was cheating on him, so one day he came by our house to talk to Mia and that was the day she broke down crying and told him. He eventually told my parets that told me." Hannah was too stuned to speak.

"Monty was so mad that someone did that to his girfriend, that he wanted to kill them, but Bryce and the rest of her friend group stoped him. I guess they told him that the best for my sister would be having him next to her."

"Did she ever got better. I mean the whole expirence must be traumatizing" Hannah says, looking at the blond, dancing with her boyfriend.

"Hannah, she went to rehab. That was the reason she was gone all this months. Plus the reason why they were figthing, Montgomery didn't pick her up on the airport. I think he felt guilty" Clay explains, looking for Hannah to his sister.

"Why would he feel guilty?" Hannah asks.

"They were on bad terms, the reason she went to that stupid party on the first place was because she wanted to make him jealous".

"She forgave him?" Hannah asked " Looks like she did" Clay replied now turning around to face Hannah, instead his sister.

"If people still think that Mia Jensen is a good friend they are wrong"

"Or at least she is only a good friend to a certain group of people"

"Right?"

"Mia you are the most adored girl in Liberty why don't you use that popularity to help others"

"Other's like me or your brother Clay perhaps"

"You watched both of us and others, get bullied everyday and you still did nothing about it"

"Was it because you were scared to lose your mean girl reputation?"

"Or was because you are one of Liberty's biggest bully"

"Either way, nothing matter's now because I am still dead and I am sure you are still Liberty High Queen B"

"But maybe you will change after listening to this tape"

" Just in case you don't, wait a bit more and I am sure you will"

"That or you will lose the one's you love the most"

Clay took off his headphones and looked at his wall he saw Hannah there, she was there with him, how could that be.

" You should hear the rest" Hannah tells him, Clay shaked his head- no he couldn't anymore.

"You have too. She is your sister and she killed me. Now listen to the rest of her tape and make her life miserable like she made ours" Hannah says approching Clay. The boy closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them again she was no longer there.

He placed the headphones on his head again and pressed play.

"Let me remind you the winter formal, but this time intead of you telling me what happened I will"

"That night should have been the night our friendship ended, but Mia there is something about you"

"You are like a drug, you make everyone that is in your life addicted  to you. Mia you hurt me a lot that night, your words cut deep in my soul"

" You were mean, intentionally mean. But again you tried to push me way but I wanted to stay. I thought I could change you but you didn't want to be changed, so I only have me to blame"

Clay was laying down on the his own bed, why was Hannah taking so damm long to say what Mia had done. And what did she meant by waiting a bit more for her actions to change.

Clay had so many questions, but he was going to do what his sister said. He was going to listen and then he was going to talk to her. He pressed play again.

"Mia I am still wondering why you said what you said. We did things that best friends do"

"We went shopping, we talked about boys, we shared secrets, we did it all"

"But you still had the nerve to say we weren't best friends"

Flashback of the winter formal:

Mia had steped away from Monty to go check on her best friend Jessica Davis that was hella drunk. At this point of the night every drink that Mia had before she even got to the formal, had already washed away, she was totally sober or  at least sober enough to take care of others.

Mia was with Jessica in Hannah's car, both girls sitting in the front seats. When Mia got to Jess, she asked her if she was ok, which the burnnet nooded. Mia was actualy planing to go to Monty's car but Jess told her that Hannah gave her, her car keys, so that she could go to her car, intead of her own. So that was where the two teens were.

"Jess, you need to eat something" Mia says, passing to her a cereal bar, that she found in Hannah's car.

" I don't need to eat. I am fineee" Jess replies. Mia ignored her friend asnwer and gave her a serious look, that made Jess roll her eyes but she eventually started to eat her bar. If it was any other  circumstance Mia would be pissed  if someone rolled their eyes at her, but Jess was totally drunk, so the petty girl ignored.

"Why did we stop hanging out with Hannah" Jessica asks once the two fell into a awkard silence.

" I don't know Jess, can you just like, eat so I can drive you home" Mia didn't like to talk about this situation that was happening between the three girls.

"Yes, you do Mia. I miss the three of us together" Jess says, looking at Mia for the first time since the two got to the car. Mia was already looking at her, with a sad smile present in her face.

"Yeah, me too" She says softly, she spoted Hannah walking towards the two and she sure not wanted to sound 'weak' next to her.

"Hey" Hannah greets " How is she" Hannah walked close to her car " She is ok. I gave her on of your cereal bars, that is ok right" Mia asks, not looking at Hannah, instead she kept her eyes on Jess.

" Yeah, that is totally fine"  Both teens had things they wanted to talk about, but neither had the coruge to actually say them.

"I am sorry, I slaped you that one time" Jess says breaking once again the silence that was in the  car. Mia had no idea what was Jess talking about, but when she turned around to face Hannah, her facial expression told her, that what Jess said was true facts.

"That wasn't cool" She finishes eating another piece of her bar. Hannah says nothing she just smiles and places a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I want us to hang out again" Jess says and Mia's eyes go wild Jess shut up she thought.

"What" Hannah aks confused, looking between Mia and Jess " I miss our conversations" Jess continues looking at the two girls too.

Mia tried to ignore all the things Jess was saying, but she just didn't stop rambling " Jess can you shut the fuck up please" Mia says quickly closing her eyes for a second after she realized what she had done.

"I am sorryyyyy" Jess says looking at Mia for a second before turning enough just to face Hannah "She is mad now, upsie" And then she laughed.

Mia got up from her spot in the front seat of the car and walked outside, just a few feet away from the other girls. She was mad at Jess for saying all those things, it wasn't because she didn't like Hannah she did but she also liked her reputation, and at the current time Hannah was with a not so good reputation. Mia couldn't be seen with someone like her.

" Hey".

"Hi" Mia didn't even bother to look, she knew it was Hannah. She wasn't sure how to talk to Hannah anymore. Mia didn't want to sound mean or anything but she honestly just wanted Hannah to walk away.

"I think we should talk Mia".

"Really, I don't think is that necessary" The blond replied.

"Mia, there are unfinished business between us" Was she for real Mia wondered.

"Hannah I am really not in the mood to talk, and especially with you " A scoff left Hannah's lips.

" Why not . We are best frieends Mia talk to me" Hannah yells.

" Hannah, belive me you don't want to have this conversation with me now" Mia says, still looking at the clear view of their town. A town that Mia hated so much.

"Why not, it's not like you can make my night worst" Hannah starts " I just came from a conversation with your boyfriend so nothing can be worst then that, right". She asks.

" You what" Hannah now had all Mia's attention but not in the way she was looking for.

"It's not like that, after you left to find Jess, I was about to follow you but he got in the way and started to say all this things Courtney said to him about me. They were all lies"Hannah started to rambling about Monty and Courtney and that just made Mia's angrer to grow.

"Just stop, please. God I can't listen to you anymore" Both girls were facing each other, they were a couple feet away from the car where Jess was eating some chocolate she found in Hannah's car.

"No, Mia listen Nothing happened, belive me" Mia's eyebrows frowned .

"I know that. Montgomery would never cheat on me and especially not with you" The moment Mia finished her sentence, she knew she made a bad move. Saying all those things without thinking about the consequences first, bad move .

" What do you mean?" The taller burnett had now tears in her eyes, she had never seen Mia being so mean, so cold. People around her had warned her before but nothing could ever be compared to the feelling that Hannah Baker was felling. It was a mix of fellings. She was angry at Mia for being so mean to her, but at the same time she was admiring the way Mia wasn't scared to hurt Hannah's fellings. That was the moment that she realised what was really going on.

" Hannah, there is a reason I don't hang out with you anymore" She tried to give Hannah some sort of smile but neither of them wanted to pretend to be happy " You are too problematic to hang out with us, I can't be seen with you" Mia's words hurt Hannah, they hurt her in a way that she couldn't even explain.

"Look, I really don't want to have this conversation now. So you can go back to the party and we will talk any other day" For Mia the conversation was over but for Hannah it ahd just began.

"Mia you can't do this" With furrowed eyebrows Mia turned to face the city again but Hannah turned her around "Mia we are best friends and-"

" Stop saying that, stop trying to convince me and you that we are best friends. We are not and we will never be "  It did hurt her, saying all those things. Truth was she wan't sure if she belived them or not, just like she wan't sure if she belived all the rumours of Hannah Baker.

" Mia you don't mean that" With tears in her eyes that was all Hannah was managed to say without breaking.

" But I do. I mean every fucking word Hannah Baker. I know what girls like you want, you want a popular guy to just fuck you so that you can take my place, but let me tell you something nothing and i mean nothing can take my place . I am and I will always be Liberty High most popular and adored girl. So I am going to tell you what is going to happen next"  She took a step closer to Hannah, head held high, Mia dind't even stutter, not once.

" You are going to drive Jess home and I am going back to the party and we are going to pretend we never had this conversation. You are going to pretend you don't know me and I am going to do the same thing." Even though Mia had a very authoritative tone Hannah wanted to know where was her limit.

" What if I don't agree with that. What if i don't take Jess home. What if I don't pretend I don't know you. What are you going to do Mia Jensen?"

" In that case, I will tell the whole school about the crush you have on me. Yeah I know about that and don't even try to hide it now Hannah Baker. And if I were you I would not challenge me."

Those were the last words the two spoke for a while.... a long while.

"So yes, that was what happened between me and Mia Jensen"

" Honestly, that night by herself  wasn't the reason behind you being here Mia"

" But i guess you know that right"

" Anyways, you hurt me that night, but the worst thing about that"

" Was that you were right"

" I did have a crush on you"

" Guess that was part of the reason i was always telling you to break up with Monty"

" But you never did anything about it...but well now it's too late to go back"

" But hey, don't give up now Mia, you will show up again and that is a promise"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
4.4K 228 18
Surrounded by the synchronous sway of wheeled dancers to the nostalgic beats of '90s black culture, Rollacity Skating Rink was a honored monument of...
19.2K 233 11
In which two best friends have always been destined to be together but too many people and things get in the way. Season 1 Dustin "Dusty" Reidx oc...
584K 52K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...