Star Wars: The Terran Republi...

By ve_speaker

A newly found planet called Zeridian has been found at the edge of the outer rim. not much is known about the... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Authors Note
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Not an update (yet)
Not an update 2
Sorry

chapter 14

7.8K 185 51
By ve_speaker

With padme and Ahsoka on Zeridian

When the craft they are on is about to land on the pad. Up ahead is a large circular building with many steps going around it from all sides. The building was infested with military equipment and weapons as many Marines can be seen guarding the building.

When they are about to step out of the craft the first thing they see is the ring around the planet stretching across the horizon giving the planet an exotic look. It would have been even more beautiful if not for all the destroyed ships and craters sprawled all across the landscape.

When Padme and Ahsoka exits the craft a squad of marines walk towards them with a man wearing a suit leading them. When they get close the man in the suit is the first to speak.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance senator amidala. I am the representative that will be speaking on behalf of the Terran republic. You may call me Micheal for the time being." He says smiling down at her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well." Padme says before looking ahead as the building in front of them had some scorch marks on them.

"This is no doubt one of the most beautiful planets that I have ever seen, but what exactly happened here." Padme says as many of the terran ships patrol around the planet overhead.

"It would have been better to meet in different circumstances, but what you see around you is the aftermath of an invasion from the separatist droid army." He says confirming her thoughts.

"They gave us quite the battle, but we prevailed. We always do in the end." He says his last sentence looking far in thought making padme even more curious like this has happened to them before.

When padme was about to ask another question Micheal interrupts her.

"I'm sure you have many more questions for me, but I will answer them once we settle down." He says.

"If you would kindly follow me we will discuss are talks somewhere more secluded." He says as the marines around him make a square shape defense around them before they begin walking towards the building.

Ahsoka seeing this tenses up, but quickly calms down seeing they mean no harm. But she still keeps an eye on them not fully trusting them as they could easily turn on them.

As they walk in silence for a few seconds padme decides to break the tense atmosphere by speaking to Micheal again.

"I know you may not be able to answer this question because of reasons, but are other planets under your rule similar to Zeridian?" She questions him also peaking the interest of Ashoka as well.

"You are one curious senator." He says smirking a little causing padme to become embarrassed from his remark.

"I mean who wouldn't be curious about you all. Almost nothing is known about the Terran republic and things that we do know only causes more questions then answers." Padme says not wanting to offend him.

"It is alright to be curious senator amidala. I will take no offense towards it, but to answer your question. Yes. We have many planets just like this one and some may even rival this one when it comes to sightseeing." He says to her making her eyes widen wanting to know more but decides not to press on.

After minutes of walking they finally make it towards a big room that overlooks the city. The two of them sit down as only Ashoka, two marines and the both of them are the only ones in the room now.

"So senator why have you requested this meeting with us?" He questions her.

"I came here to try and fix the relationship with the two of our governments and try for peace. I believe we still have a chance to end this war before it boils over." She says hoping he would side with her.

Michael only stares at her for a few seconds making padme a little nervous before he speaks.

"Senator amidala I admire you for wanting a peaceful resolution for this war, but I believe the damage has already been done. The two incidents on Zeridian has made our people see your republic as a threat to us. Especially your so called peacekeepers." He says eyeing Ashoka as she tenses up under his glare.

"It may be too late." He says looking at padme again.

"It's never too late." Padme says desperately.

"The lives of many are at risk. We could almost be one in the same when it comes to our people. I'm sure we can come at an agreement." She says trying to ease the situation.

Michael only scoffs at her saying that they were almost the same as them.

"That's where you are wrong senator. We're no where near the same." He says.

"You may have the same species in your "republic" we may have the same forms of government we may even have the same set of ideas, but we are not the same." He says getting slightly angry.

"We have a different mindset from you all, we fight with our own people, and our governments may be similar they are still not the same when you look closely." He explains.

"And from what I see, are your people really at risk. You have clones fighting your own battles in the front lines while you all sit back while they clean the mess your leaders made." He says to her.

"Those clones are nothing but slaves in disguise set to serve your governments agenda." He says.

Ahsoka not liking where this conversation was going speaks out against him as she seen the clones as her family and him calling them slaves irked her.

"They are not slaves! They are some of the bravest men I have ever met and once this war is over they will be free to do whatever they want." Ashoka yells out trying to defend themselves.

Michael looks at her interested at her outburst while padme panics thinking he will grow angry but gets shock when he tells her a question.

"You are still young and your view of the galaxy is still yet to be answered, but don't be so naive as to believe in everything they say to you." He begins.

"They promise you many things such as change and riches that will help them, but once you put them onto the top they turn their backs on you only focusing on the people they will benefit from." He says trying to explain how their republic is corrupted.

"Don't be so naive and blindly trust their empty promises Jedi. Look closely and you will see what I am talking about." He says.

"That is what makes us different from you all senator." He says focusing back to padme.

"We never wanted war, but your republic has forced our hands and now because of the attack from the separatist alliance the chance of my people wanting peace is almost zero." He says to her.

"Us terrans will fight this war until the very end. Peace is no longer a option and a repeat like last time will not happen again!" He yells out towards the end in anger as he spills another question that padme wants to answer but decides not to question him about.

His sentence from earlier confuses her though since everyone was told the terrans attacked the separatist first, but he makes it seem like they were attacked first.

"Wait what do you mean by that. Are you saying the separatist attacked Zeridian before you struck raxus?" She says confused.

"Like I said earlier senator. Look closely and you will see how the republic and separatist are more corrupted then you think." He says getting up as these talks are getting them no where with them so confused.

"You have one hour to sightsee Zeridian before you will have to leave senator. These talks have gotten us no where and another schedule might be due in time, but it was nice talking to someone on the other side. Have a nice day senator amidala." He says leaving the room with the two marines.

As they leave padme could only think back to how the republic had wanted war against them since they defended their planet after they wanted it. They had every right to be mad at them, but she still felt that peace could still be possible if only she has the support of the other senators, but that was now low with the separatist saying the terrans attacked them out of nowhere.

But what really made her confused was when he said a repeat like last time. This is what she meant when she only got more questions then answers when trying to find out about the terrans. This is what made the terrans a mysterious faction since they were very secretive about many things.

The only ones with knowledge about them was mandalore, but all talks and communication was gone after they were at war with the terrans.

But she still held onto hope that they could avoid all this bloodshed if she just had more time. But that time was already gone and she didn't even know.

(Was this good. Writing about politics is harder than I thought)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 975 10
(Y/N) (L/N), a Jedi that disappeared before the Clone Wars had begun. He had been known for his passion to defend those who couldn't defend themselve...
12.4K 295 14
A Galaxy divided by war! Peaceful worlds must choose sides or face the threat of invasion. Republic and Separatist armies vie for the allegiance of n...
Bounty By ash

Fanfiction

1.7K 215 20
It is a lawless time. A galaxy at war decades ago, still in shambles after the fall of the dreaded Empire. Calista, a simple bounty hunter making her...
746 10 10
The Clone Wars end, Chancellor Palpatine is revealed as the Sith Lord and taken down by the Jedi, the chips are found and deactivated, Order 66 never...