She's Mine

By Cecelia1200

Flame has always been able to get what he wants in life once he made a name for himself in the streets until... More

~ Main Characters ~
~ Chapter One ~
~ Chapter Two ~
~ Chapter Three ~
~ Chapter Four ~
~ Chapter Six ~
~ Chapter Seven ~
~ Chapter Eight ~
~ Chapter Nine ~

~ Chapter Five ~

182 9 4
By Cecelia1200

Flame

"Ain't this some shit" I mumbled to myself as I looked at the text over and over again.

I gotta figure out how to play my cards now because of this shit. I swear this life always got some shit poppin' off.

I parked my car in the driveway of a house that we used for getaways or just to lay low after some shit done happened.

When Taker texted the group chat with the code I was at the warehouse handling some business. We don't have times like this often but when the time comes I have a system that makes sure I don't get caught up, me or the gang.

I got off the phone with Clip and did a quick conversation to get an understanding of the situation. We communicated the best we could on the phone and saved the rest until everybody got to the spot.

I took a few deep breaths before getting out the car and unlocking the door walking inside.

I placed my keys on the end table and went to the kitchen. Reaching at the top of the cabinet, I grabbed a weed stash. Knowing the shit I was about to hear in a few minutes I needed sum to help me deal with this shit.

After I gathered everything I needed and I made my way to the basement and reached for my lighter out my pocket and placed my glock on the glass table.

I concentrated on rolling up my blunt and did so until I rolled at least four of them jawns.

For the next thirty minutes I spent my time just smoking and letting the weed take over me.

"Ayo Flame!!" I heard one of them niggas yell.

I ain't answered because I knew they'd make they way down here.

Just like I said they footsteps were heard coming downstairs into the basement.

"Yooo!" Stalker announced himself.

I nodded my head at him and the rest of them as they made their way downstairs and towards the couch.

"Damn, four of them shits tho?" Street asked.

I shook my head and put it out "It's the only way I can stay cool during this situation."

They all sat down and got comfortable.

"Okay so like I told Taker and you over the phone, somehow, someway they got footage of the shit that went down with Street and the two guys. I made sure their wasn't anything that led back to him at the station and in evidence. Street did you clean up any loose ends at the scene?" Clip asked

"Yeah, I went and checked with some of the guys from the trap house to make sure. Ain't shit there to lead back to me." Street said

"Cool, but Street these images...its not clear enough but nigga anybody in the Harlem streets, in New York period know this you man." Stalker said as we looked through the files Clip hand laid out on the table.

"Yeah, and don't these shits go into a system or sum shit?" Taker asked

Clip nodded "Automatically go into the system. They already trying to match this picture with anybody's identity in the whole state, I'm trying to buy time with that process. I got a friend Gina that works in that department that's holding off that, which is why everybody need to lay low on the stuff with the gang until this shit blows over."

"Now, what we most definitely gotta do is find these two fools before NYPD does." He added

"Ight...Street I need you to lay low like Clip said. Matter of fact I want you out of Harlem, go find a place or stay here....but while you doing that Taker I need you to find somebody to find these two assholes. Me and Stalker will handle them once their found." I said

They all nodded agreeing with my decision.

"Aye matter of fact, ole girl is good at finding people and shit." Street said.

"Who?" We all asked.

"Nicole, that girl can find any damn body. I remember a lil while back her boyfriend went out and didn't come back, it was three or four days or sum shit like that..I was chilling with my cuz and she hopped on the computer next thing I know she got this nigga location up and grabbing her keys." He shook his head telling us the story.

"She could've had a tracking device on that nigga." Clip said

"Yeah, bitches love doing that shit." Taker said

"Watch ya mouth cuh." I said and redirected my attention to Street.

They all chuckled and mumbled shit under they breath.

I wasn't even about to get into that conversation with these fools about Nicole. We had other shit to worry about.

"Anyway, but nah, she ain't had no tracking device on dude. I watched the girl literally go crazy on the computer. I'm telling you if anybody can find them as fast as we need to....she can." He said

I thought about it but I ain't think I wanted to have her in this life like that.

I mean she in my life so technically she already apart of it. Is she?

I shook my head and sat back "I don't know about that one man." I said

"I don't think that's a good idea to involve her into this anyway." Stalker said

"Yeah especially in this particular situation." Clip added

"Well shit y'all wanna find these bitches or not." Street held his arms out.

I sighed and really think about this.

We spent about another hour discussing everything and headed out different ways.

I decided to call up Nicole, I was initially gone call her and tell her to come over.

It wasn't even like that, I just needed someone to talk to. Honestly, Nicole is a cool chick and she can hold her own. She keep shit a hunnit and just a female I actually like talking to.

I went to her contact and hit the call button.

Calling NiNi💜

"Yesss Flame" she answered sweetly

"Aye, you busy?"

"Um, not really I just finished another episode with the girls and headed back home." She said

I cleared my throat "Can I come over?" I may be a street nigga but my momma ain't raised no disrespectful nigga. I wasn't just about to pop up at her house and I was uninvited or tell her to come over.

She giggled "Yeah it's cool, meet me there."

"Ight ma." I hung up and made my way to her house.

An hour later

"So you like niggas that model in they drawls is what you telling me?" I asked

She had a laughing fit as she made her way around the kitchen.

She asked if I was hungry as soon as she got through the door, I'm guessing she had plans to cook when she got home. I told her she didn't have to make me anything but she told me to stop being such a 'macho man' and take the meal she offering.

I wouldn't say I was being a macho man it's just she didn't have to so if she was doing for me then it was unnecessary.

"I didn't say that. Just because that's what's on the magazine doesn't mean I'm into men that model. They really not my type, honestly." She said

"So why you got the magazine?"

She finished cutting up some peppers and turned to me.

"Well Latrell" she smiled as I rolled my eyes because she love saying my real name and she know if it was any body else I'd check they ass by now.

"If you must know, I model a lot so these magazines are kind of a study guide for me and I get ideas from it." She said

"I can see that" I said as I checked her out.

She playfully rolled her eyes and went back to cooking.

I laughed and got on my phone while she finished that.

"So I been tryna figure this out for the longest because I hear your accent when you talk at times but I just can't put my finger on it. What is your ethnicity?" She asked as she plated our food.

I chuckled and placed my phone down "I'm Bajan, Lousiana Creole, and Dominican." 

She just stared at me with a smirk for a few seconds before nodding her head.

"Food is ready."

Before she could I grabbed the chair for her and waited for her to sit down.

"Thank you" she said

I sat down next to her where my plate was set. "You're welcome ma."

We ate and talked about all kinds of shit. Our childhoods, dreams, future plans, all kinds of shit that I've never talk to a female about besides my moms.

"You had braids?" She asked shockingly

"Yeah, shit all of the gang done had braids now that I think about the shit."

"Wow...the braid gang." She said softly making me look at her.

She looked back at me and tried her hardest not to laugh but she couldn't hold that shit in.

I laughed along with her "You goofy ma." I wiped my mouth with the napkin.

"I got something to ask you...." I said causing her to look at me.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"I really don't want to include you in none of my shit but Street told me you good with finding people, preferably people that don't wanna be found."

Her eyes danced as I talked. I guess trying to see where I was going with this.

"I am, but what are you getting at?" She asked

"Street is caught in a situation and we gotta find the two niggas that was there before the cops because most likely they gone try to get them weak niggas to snitch and give up Street name." I explained

"I'll understand if you don't wanna put yourself in that situation because I didn't want to include you either but Street suggested that you were the best at finding people in a quickly manner, you know what just forget it." I rambled

"I'll do it." She said

I looked at her "You sure? You don't have to Ni if you don-" she cut me off my kissing me quickly.

"You need to learn how to shut up sometimes. I gave you my answer and I'm positively sure." She smiled

I smiled "Thank you."

I stood up from the table and walked behind her and grabbed her neck making her head tilt back "You interrupt me again and Ima have you on top this table." I told her.

She smirked "you promise?" She giggled and I shook my head letting her go.

This girl is crazy.

The Next Day

Clip

"Everybody get down!" I yelled as I ran through a restaurant with my partner chasing two men.

They were caught stealing jewelry and purses from the stores in the outlet and me and Nick happened to be in the area so we took it.

Screaming was heard as we made our way through the restaurant.

"Freeze!" Nick yelled as we had them both cornered.

"Drop the weapon." I said as I had the gun aimed at one of them and Nick had his on the other.

"Leave us alone!" One yelled back.

They had Black ski masked on with all back attire. The jewelry they stole was in black duffle bags that they carried on there shoulders.

"Put yah guns down!" I shouted.

"I ain't putting shit down homie." He said and grabbed a female waitress that was close by.

She screamed "shut up bitch!" He pointed the gun at her head.

"Let her go." I told them holding my position.

"Put the gun down and I'll let her go." He reasoned.

I ain't stupid but we were taught when in situations where hostages are held at gun point to make the best decision to keep them from getting hurt.

I kept my eyes on them and lowered my gun slowly. As soon as he let go of the waitress I raised my gun back up and shot him in his shoulder and Nick shot the other in his leg.

Both of us ran towards them as kicked the guns away.

"You okay ma'am?" I asked the waitress as she look horrified.

She just nodded her head.

I grabbed my handcuffs and put them on him.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law." I said as I stood him up and finished reading him his rights.

We took them outside to see the police cars pulling up. We led them to the car and put them in the back.

"The stolen items are inside." I told the other officers.

After filling in the others and checking up on the people inside me and Nick headed back to the station.

"So, heard about the 'situation' that's going on." He said

I looked at him and he looked at me raising his eyebrow as we pulled into the garage.

"Awe yeah, this shit is crazy mane." I parked the car.

"Mane how you gone deal with that shit. You basically living a double life." He said

I sighed "It's hard but I gotta deal with it, you know. I love what I do and I'm loyal to my brothas so it kinda is what it is." I shrugged my shoulders and got out the car.

"Wassup with you and Milani?" He asked as we walked into the station.

I smiled just hearing her name "That girl got me going crazy man. She's beautiful and when we get together it's like we make each other's day. Our chemistry is like no other." I told him as I sat at my desk.

"Damn, she got you blushing?" He laughed

"You don't know the half Nick." I logged into my computer to check on some things.

"What shawty do again?" He asked

"She's a nurse, specifically a neonatal nurse but yeah. She works at Lenox Hill Hospital. She also is a professional chef and can bake like hell." I said.

He nodded in approval "That's good, well at least now you got somebody to stitch yo ass up when you get fucked up out hea. And have a you a good meal at the table afterwards!" He joked

"Ha ha ha, ain't nobody fuckin wit me!" I said outloud so everybody in the department could here.

He laughed "nigga you fucking crazy." He dapped me up.

"But on a serious note" he cleared his throat "I'm happy for yah bruh. Maybe she gone be the upcoming Mrs. Anderson." He raised his eyebrows at me.

"I think it's a little too soon for that to be determine but her future looking bright." I said making the both of us laugh.

"Shiit, I hope so, so she can get yo ass up out this damn station all the time." He said making me look at my watch.

"Shit, I got to meet her at the park now." I got up and grabbed my stuff "ight bro" I dapped him up as walked out.

As soon as I got in my car my phone dinged. I picked it up and it was her.

Alani💕💎: Where are you?👀

Mark🥰🖤: Sorry babe, lost track of time at work, on my way.

I put my phone down after it sent and made my way there as fast as I could.

Fifteen minutes later

"I'm so sorry, I swear I was at work. I was just talking to Nick about you and lost track of time." I tried to plea my case as to why I was late to our lil outing.

She giggled "Mark, it's fine. It gave me a while to stretch anyway." She winked.

I wasn't apologizing because I thought she would overreact because that's not the case. Milani is very understanding so I didn't have to worry about that.

We both know that our time with each other is limited because of the work be both do. We both literally can get called into work at anytime so we try to spend some time together physically and not just vocally on the phone. Although hearing her voice is amazing too.

"C'mon." She looped her arm in mines.

"Wait wait, what is this you got on. You lola now?" I smirked

She smiled "it has been in my closet for a while and I just decided to let it breathe today." She did a 360 and pose for me.

"Hold that" I took my phone out my pocket and snapped a few pictures of her.

"Is that Milani Wright? Stuntin' on all these women lookin like a true goddess. C'mon baby give it to em." I gassed her.

I mean baby really didn't need me to gas her, she was straight pressure without me.

She giggled "Okay that's enough." She held her hand over my camera.

"I gotta acknowledge the beauty in front me." I said pulling her closer to me.

"You can chill with the mack skills." She said

"I ain't mackin' shawty, just spittin' the truth." I leaned in and kissed her.

The kiss lasted longer than I expected and I damn fashoo wasn't gone pull back.

I'll leave that to her.

My tongue flicked at her lips, askin for entrance and she gave in. Surprisingly.

Me and Milani haven't done anything as far as sex or any type of sexual activity. We make out from time to time but that's in the moment.

I can't lie and say it's not challenging at times but I can deal with it. I don't have a problem respecting her wishes to not take that step until she's ready.

She reached and placed her left hand on the back of my neck pulling me deeper into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around her waist and just enjoyed this moment.

When she moaned into the kiss she pulled away and wiped her mouth.

"Damn" I said smirking as I chuckled at how turned on she was.

"We should continue our walk." She bit her lip nervously and walked in front of me.

I picked of the pace and got beside her again and grabbed her hand.

"How was your day?" She asked

I moved my head side to side "It was a regular day, for me anyway." I said

"How was yours?"

"It was active. I hit the gym this morning, cleaned up the house a little, baked the cupcakes for my neighbors daughter birthday party, and looked over some of my patients' charts." She said

I smiled "Did I tell you how much I love an independent working woman?"

"Maybe you have, once or twice." She smirked

I threw my head back and laughed.

"Soooooo, you was talking about me to your partner?" She blushed and kept looked straight ahead.

"I was." I stated confidently

"Okay so I have a question and I want your most honest and truthful answer." She said as we sat down at a bench about halfway through our walk.

"Shoot."

"Why me?" She asked

My face showed all kinds of confusion.

"I mean why did you choose me to show interest in. There are so many beautiful women and you chose to get to know me...why?" She elaborated

"Awe I see, well your beauty ofcourse, and I mean that in all aspects. You have a beautiful mind, body, soul, and most importantly a beautiful heart. Then your love and determination for what you do amazes me. You are very intelligent and talented and please don't let me forget confident. You know who you area and you know your worth and you're not at all afraid to let it show. Your smile just lights up any room you step inside and your energy brings so much to life...my life."

"That's why I decided to step to you and show interest because I seen all that when you stepped inside that library and I see it all now." I concluded.

She ain't stopped smiling since I started talking.

Nodding her head "follow up question, will you accompany me to a small family function on Friday?" She looked into my eyes with hope.

I let her wait for a few seconds acting as if I was really thinking "I'm just messin' wit yah, I'll be happy to go."

She punched my shoulder "you play too much."

She threw her arms over me and hugged me.

"Awww, Wilbur remember when we used to be just like that." An older lady said making the both of us look at her and her husband as they smiled down at us.

"Yeah sweetheart, we were young and in love just like that." He said

We smiled and looked at each other before looking back at them "thank you."

"You're welcome sugars. Y'all have a good one now." She said as they continued walking.

"They are really couple goals right now." Milani said watching them as they walked away.

I turned her face to me grabbing her chin and kissing her.

"We'll get there one day." I stated.

Milani

"How long you knew about the whole family function thing? He asked as we made our way to our cars.

"For about a week now. I didn't know if I wanted to ask you to come or not but I wouldn't mind you there keeping me company." I said

Honestly, Mark has been like a breath of fresh air for me. I haven't been in many relationships but he is making this start of one the best already. It's like he's so perfect even tho I know his flaws.

Him meeting a small amount of my family wouldn't be bad.

My mom will freak tho, she stays pressuring me about getting a man and having kids so hopefully she gets off my back a lil when he comes around.

"Is that your way of saying you want me to meet your people?" He asked

"No but if that's the way you wanna take it" I shrugged my shoulders "by all means do so."

We made it to our cars and a had my back against my door.

"Yeah yeah, so I'll see you Friday." He leaned in and pecked my lips and then did it again and again making me grin.

Before he could kiss me again my phone rung stopping him.

I pulled it out and seen it was the hospital.

"Hello"

"Hey, Nurse Wright we need you to come in, there's been a bad accident and two busses are involved. A lot of kids are hurt and we need as many hands as possible. Can you get here within twenty minutes?" Nina, at front desk informed me.

"Yes, I'm on my way."

"Okay, see you when you get here." The phone hung up.

"I'm sorry there was a bad accident between two busses and kids are hurt so they need all hands on deck. I'll call you when I get home." I told him

"Yeah, go ahead" he kissed me "I'll talk to you later."

He opened my door for me and I quickly got in after thanking him.

I made sure I was safe and pulled out the parking lot before making my way to the hospital.

My career choice isn't always easy to deal with as you can see. However, I love helping people and saving lives; ofcourse they all can't be saved but I'd be damn if I don't try to.

Pulling up to the hospital and parked in my parking space and made sure I had my ID and grabbed my things making my way inside.

I immediately went to change and sanitize my hands.

As soon as I dried my hands off they were bringing in kid after kid.

"Lord help us." I said

Hours later

"How are you feeling now?" I asked one of the teenage boys that were in the room.

Me and a bunch of other nurses took care of the kids with minor injuries and took care of examining everybody.

Luckily the kids were teens so it wasn't an out of controll situation. I wish none of them were involved but they were.

"I'm cool now, my wrist is still aching but I can handle it." He shrugged it off.

I smiled "that's good but make sure you be careful, it's still sprained and you don't want it to get any worse. Now on a scale of one to ten, what is the level of pain in your wrist?" I asked

"Like a six maybe seven." He answered

I wrote that down and I filled out his information on the clipboard.

"Ima prescribe you some pain meds that's not that high of mg but we'll talk more about that when your parents get here." I told him and he nodded.

"For now I want you to rest, and just relax if you need me you can hit the button and I'll be right there, and here's the remote." I handed it to him and he gladly took it and thanked me.

I went to go check on some other kids and talk to a couple of parents.

After that I decided to go get me a cup of coffee but on my way there a girl sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest caught my eyes.

"Hey." I said causing her to jump.

I held my hands up "I didn't mean to scare you, my name is Nurse Wright, are you okay? Are you hurt or anything?" I asked checking over her making sure I didn't see any blood or anything that looked like it could be wounded.

"...I'm fine" she said hesitantly

"Are you sure sweetie?"

She kept looking away from me "Yeah, I'm fine" she stood up and mumbled a thank you and walked off.

I was about to go after her but my name was called making me turn around.

"Nurse Wright we need you for assistance in ICU now."

I took a deep breath. Jesus Christ.

Friday

"Milani, when I called you said you were ready now why you still up here." Mark said walking into my bedroom.

"I was but I decided to change again. Sorryyy" I finished putting on my lip liner and lip gloss I love going for a nude look when it comes to my lips.

I rubbed it in and popped my lips "And done." I turned around and gave him a big smile.

"You look beautiful." He grabbed my hands.

"Thank you and you look handsome. Tryna give off a good first impression I see." We made our way downstairs.

"I mean you talking my future in-laws I'm meeting today." He said

I blushed but quickly stopped because he walked in front of me.

"Why on earth did you decided to drive the range today?" I asked as he opened the door letting me in.

"Stop questioning me woman." He closed the door and made his way to his side.

I leaned over and opened his for him.

"Thank you." He got in making sure we had our seatbelts on and pulled our the driveway.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him

He gave me a look before putting his focus back on the road.

"What I gotta be nervous for?" He asked

"Nothing my family is fine I just wanted to know how you are feeling about all this." I said

"I'm cool, I was gone end up meeting them one day and plus I'm a good dude so I got nun to be nervous about."

His confidence turns me on like nothing else.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your confidence?" I asked mocking him from the other day.

He laughed "Maybe once or twice."

We both laughed and made small talk until we made it to my parent's house.

We got out and he grabbed roses from the back of the truck.

"Such a suck up." I joked as I rung the doorbell.

"Don't hate shawty, it ain't a cute look for you." He said chuckling afterwards.

"Fuck you." I told right before the door opened.

As soon as my mother saw me she screamed and pulled me in for a hug "My baby!"

"Hey mommy" I hugged her back.

"I missed you so much and you look good, this dress is very cute." She complimented

"Thank you." I stepped back and her eyes darted at Mark.

She looked at me and back at him.

I giggled "Mom this is Mark, Mark this is my mom, Serena."

"Heyy." My mom smiled so big and held her arms out.

Mark went in for the hug "Hey."

Once they separated he handed her the flowers and she gasp.

"Oh thank you, they're beautiful." She said.

"Your welcome."

"Well c'mon, everybody else is in the backyard." She waved us to follow her but before we reached the slide door my dad walked in.

"Dadddyyy!" I ran to him and hugged him.

"Heyyy babygirl." He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead "How you doing?"

"Great...dad this is Mark, and this is my d-" I tried to introduce but my dad stopped me.

"And who is Mark?" My dad asked as they exchanged a hand shake and their names.

"Yes who is Mark?" My mom also asked smiling her ass off.

I couldn't keep myself from blushing "He's my boyfriend." I said

"Ahhhhh!" My mom screamed and grabbed my hand. "We have got to talk, we'll be back."

"Wait, ma I can't just.." I tried to get out but she wasn't stopping so I gave up.

We made it to my old bedroom that she still keeps up for when I stay here, which is very rare considering I don't live that far away.

"So tell me everything. What does he do? How old is he? How does he treat you?" She fired questions at me.

"Ma pleaseee, calm down." After a few seconds of her taking a deep breath I spoke again.

"He's an undercover detective, he's twenty-five, and he treats me like a queen." I answered

She clapped her hands and jumped in her seat.

"Mommm" I dragged

"I'm sorry, it's just been a while since you've had a man. I'm so happy for you my lani boo." She said excitedly.

"I am too, but can we go back down now." I started walking towards the door.

"Wait, one last question." I turned around.

"You have sex with him yet?" She asked

"Why did I know you was gone ask that? But no we haven't done that yet."

"Milani what you waiting on that man is fine as hell you better jump on it." She said walking out the door.

"Um for one, I know he's fine, two, I will when I feel like I want to." I said

"Mmhm" she said as we made our way downstairs.

"And keep yah eyes off my man, before I tell dad." I told her making her laugh.

I traveled outside to find him and my dad had him by the grill with my two uncles.

"Why do I have such a crazy father?" I asked myself.

"Hey sorry to interrupt but can I have my boyfriend back now, thank you." I wasted no time pulling him away from them.

"Yo people's crazy I see." He said as we sat down at a picnic table that was empty.

"He threatened you didn't he?" I asked

"Yeah and both yo uncles was in on the shit too."

I scoffed "trust me they mean what they say but you'll be fine." I patted his arm.

We started talking about my family and introduced him as people came up to us.

"MALIK IN THE HOUSEEE!" my younger brother yelled as he came outside.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I watched him greet everybody before walking over to me.

"Hey big lil sis." He said hugging me.

"Hey lil big brother."

"Who dis?" He pointed at Mark.

"Mark meet my brother Malik" I said

"Wassup man" Malik said as they dapped each other up.

"Wassup, I'm Mark, your sister's boyfriend."

"Didn't I tell you to stop dating people behind my back. You can't officially call nobody your boyfriend until they meet me first." He said

I raised my right brow at him "You do know that I'm older right?"

"I don't give a fuck. I'm grown." He popped his collar.

"You twenty, your still a baby." I reminded him.

He waved me off "Welcome to the fam my nigga." He said to Mark before sum caught his attention.

"Aye ma, give me some of that potato salad!" He yelled walking off.

Mark laughed "yo brother is sum else."

"You want sum to drink?" I asked him because I forgot to when I came out here.

"Uh yeah sure."

I stood up "I'll be back."

I walked into the house to see my mom tryna get Malik out the kitchen.

"Boy momma gone slap you in a minute." I said grabbing cup and putting some ice in it.

"I'm about to slap the black off him. Malik get out my kitchen!" She shouted

He sucked his teeth "C'mon ma just let me get a piece of chicken." He said

"Here Malik" she shoved a piece in his mouth making him grab it with his teeth.

"Love you ma." He said

I finished fixing Mark some lemonade and was about to head out but he stopped me.

"Let me holla at you for a minute." He nodded his head to the hallway.

"What?" I asked softly

"Look I can't get into details right now but let me borrow about ten grand so I can pay Snake back." He said

My eyes widen "Why are you still messin' with him? I thought you going to stop."

"I did but that how much he wants from me in order to not get jumped out." He said

I place my hand on my forehead "when do you need it Malik."

Usually I would tell him to figure it out on his own but I can't take loosing another brother when I already lost one.

"I need it by tomorrow night." He answered

"Come by the house I should have it by then." He hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Appreciate you and when I make that back I'll make sure you get yah money." He said

I shook my head "Don't worry about it. Pay me back by promising me that you won't keep doing this."

"I promise."

Hours later

Outside filled with laughter and fun. It was dark out now but we were still rolling. Me and mark both had a couple drinks but not much we both have to work tomorrow.

I can say Mark has gotten comfortable with my family and vice versa.

Like now he has me sitting on his lap as they played poker.

I knew nothing about this game so I just sat back and watch him play. He seem to be pretty good at it.

After the game was over we said our goodbyes.

"Hopefully when I see you again there will be a rock on this hand." My mom said

"Ma, too soon." I said

"I'm just kidding. One day tho." She gave Mark a questionable look.

"One day."  He assured her.

"Great, y'all have a good night. Call me when you make it home sweetie."

"I will." I thanked Mark as he held the door open for me and got in the truck.

Once he got in we pulled off.

"Overall, how do you feel about my family?" I asked curiously

"They cool people. I had fun today with them and getting to know them. You look just like your mom tho." He said

"I know, heard it a lot when I was younger."

He started talking about other family members he met today but my attention drifted off when I saw a girl on the side of the street.

"Mark stop the car." I said taking off my seatbelt.

He pulled over and parked the car "What, what happened?" He asked as I opened the door.

"Milani!" He called my name but I was focused on the girl.

She was shaking and shivering I guess because of how much the temperature dropped tonight.

"Hey, honey are you okay?" I said

She tensed up and kept her head buried in her knees.

"My name is Milani, Dr. Milani Wright are you hurt?" I asked.

When I said my name she lifted her head up and looked at me.

It was the same girl from the hospital.

"Honey, I know you're by yourself right now and most likely don't know who to trust but you can trust me. You are going to freeze to death out here in this cold, I can take you to a family members place or if you want a place to help you."

"Milani." She jumped at the sound of Mark's voice.

"He's not going to hurt you. I promise." I held my hand out for her to grab.

She stared at it and finally grabbed it. I smiled at her and helped her into the back of the truck.

Me and Mark both got inside.

"Sweetie what's your name?" I asked

"Zena" she said quietly.

"Do you have any family members we can help you contact?"

She shook her head "I....I don't have one." She mumbled

"You don't have a what?" Mark asked

She looked up at me "A family."

Me and Mark looked at each other and sighed.

"Its okay, you can stay with me if you like. At least until we figure out a way to help you." I told her.

She gave a very small smile "okay."

When we arrived at the house I found some clothes for her to change into after she took a hot shower.

"What you gone do about this?" Mark asked as I came back into the livingroom where he stayed while I was tending to Zena.

I blew out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and shrugged my shoulders.

"If she's out there alone at her age they aren't going to do anything but throw her into the system because she's not eighteen yet. She's just a kid I don't want her out there in those streets like that. You saw how she was and I think she has a problem with trusting especially men. When you called my name she jumped at your voice, she might have been abused or witnessed it." I said all at once.

"Well I support whatever you do, just be careful." He held me by my arms and then hugged me tightly.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow." He kissed me and headed towards the door.

"I love you." I told him.

He turned around and smiled "I love you too."

He walked out the door and I locked it behind him.

I'm really not sure what to do about this situation but I gotta figure something out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 823 122
Prosper Heavenly Jones. She was a regular girl, and in one night her life was changed. Forever. And then there's Royal Christian Brown. The most fear...
42.7K 1.8K 19
Danica has lived her life in pure fear of people. She refuses to let anyone in due to her shattering past, but when she runs into a certain someone w...
61.1K 1.6K 63
Belle is 19 and on the cusp of adulthood. She goes to University of Florida, she loves her college, and she has made many new friends. It appeared th...
39.5K 2K 18
How far would you go to save someone's life that you only grew to know for briefly a few minutes?