Foolish One ✷ Jess Mariano

By teenspite

stop checking your mailbox for confessions of love that ain't never gonna come GILMORE GIRLS JESS MARIANO ©... More

Foolish One / Who Is The Lamb?
Vol I. Super Rich Kids
II: Pretty Girl Complex
III: All Rage, No Patience
IV: Star Girl
V: Art of Ignorance
VI: The Thief and the Gallery
VII: Last Great American Dynasty
VIII: Clandestine Meetings

I: Domestic Rage

1.5K 58 31
By teenspite

Domestic Rage  Chapter One.

To truly feel life's agonizing caress, one must learn to fall in love with nothing, everything and all the things in between. To survive in this superficial world, all glimmer, no gold, people have to learn to treasure their darlings, not kill them.

For Kitty, Stars Hollow was her darling, her sweetheart.

Stars Hollow magic was the enchantment of a 16-year-old confessing, finally telling her crush she loved them after months, years of pining, watching from afar, the exhilaration of breaking your first speed ticket, sugar rushes and drunken highs making you feel like you're laughing too loud so you cover your mouth because it feels like you're about to wake the whole town. Listening to your favourite song barefoot on the grass, a rain drop poising to tumble off the tip of your nose. The music hugging your soul in that familiar way, was magic.

Old French songs on the radio, so pretty that you don't
understand a single majestic word being sung, but you just
know that whatever they're saying feels like smiling during
passionate, tender kisses. Because it's nothing but pure
magic pouring from their lips. Soft hearts that are
continuously being healed, put back together again only to
be broken once more, a lovelorn musician associating every
little thing with their love, their muse, magic. All magic.

Magic. Stars Hollow made Kitty Lovelace believe it then.

Kitty weaved magic through her words, her actions. She didn't know how, she didn't know that she did. It made the people that knew her believe she was some ethereal being sent from above to grace the world with the enchantment of falling in love with life.

The streets of Stars Hollow roared with cheers and howls of excitement the minute Kitty Lovelace danced with great enthusiastic intensions. It called a burning orange spotlight on her body as it moved so effortlessly.

She always skipped over the cracks in the pavement and made sure she was stepping in time with the beat of the song blasting through her headphones. It was a Kitty thing; she wouldn't expect you to understand. She moved like the floor was quicksand and it was hungry for her ankles. It was hot white summer and Kitty was on her last hurrah.

She had Christian Dior sunglasses on the bridge of her nose because her eyes were like a casket for the burial, and the August sun was blazing in her face. Funny thing is; Kitty hated the yellow bandana wrapped twice around her wrist because it was constantly covered in dirt and stuck to her skin when the heat stung a tad too much. But Teddy Bennet gave it to her seven years ago on her first day in Stars Hollow and promised that they would be best friends forever.

A car horn blared and Kitty barely had time to think, stopping dead in the middle of the road with her hair coming loose from it's tortoiseshell claw-clip and blowing across her face and the wires of her headphones dangling across her body. Maybe she should have stayed in Paris because the frigid weather fucked with her mind, but she followed history right up until a pair of arms wrapped around her torso and shoved her out of the way, crashing into the soft fabric of someone's camo tee and blue vest.

It took Jess Mariano four seconds to fall in love.

Fingers clasped at the bare skin of her biceps. Their faces were inches apart, so much that she could feel breath fanning her face. Kitty could only blink in surprise.

She wondered if she had ever seen him before, scanning whatever she could analyze of him as he did the same. Cheap clothes that almost looked worn out and the ghost of dimples on his cheek. He looked like a figure you'd spend hours drawing by the fireside: a drug-laced, pretty boy, if you may.

His eyes were fixed on the curve of her cheeks, her features giving her a charm that radiated off her like her bergamot and vanilla perfume. Her hair smelled like spices, cumin and cardamom.

"Geez, do you have a death wish or something?" His voice rang in her ears, sticking to her skin like a lullaby her mother used to sing at night.

A man leaned out the window of his Dodge Dart GT and stuck up his middle finger, cussing loudly, and driving away in a thick cloud of dust.

"Asshole," She mumbled under her breath, pushing her hair behind the bare skin of her shoulder. It caught on the golden chain hung around her neck, dainty golden stars and the initial KL bleeding across her chest.

He shook her again, gritting his teeth together. Kitty could see the muscle in his jaw tense so hard she was sure it would shatter like glass. "Be more careful, Jesus."

They stood like a pair of porcelain dolls on the sidewalk, one shattered and broke and the other polished with glittery skin. He was not flesh and bone, he is metal and thunder; she is porcelain and expensive flowers. People craved her and he was probably one of them, the kind to steal other's breath and brain-melt everyone into falling in love with her. A femme-fatal smile.

Kitty returned to real life, tearing herself out of his grip. She dusted down her clothes and hung the headphones around her neck, taking a step back. "What? You think I planned to almost fucking die?"

"I just saved your life." He said, running a hand through his hair, "Give me a little credit."

Kitty looked at her palm completely covered in dust and dirt after she wiped it against the hood of the car and she grimaced. "Oh, ew! That is disgusting! Why don't people wash their pieces of crap, God."

Jess squinted his eyes at her, clearly satisfied that the rich girl was visibly displeased because her hand was stained. "Careful," his fingers pointed to her pink mini skirt. "You could get your skirt dirty, too."

Her eyes were locked on his as if they would burn a hole through his skull. "Fuck off, James Dean," she spat.

There was a smug smirk on Jess's face, his cold eyes were staring back at her with a glint of amusement. "Would've fucked off ages ago if you weren't just standing in the middle of the street," He retorted.

She folded her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes. Her eyes picked him apart, he felt as though he was some type of little boy under a spotlight, standing in the middle of a vacant auditorium, like a bad dream he could not escape. Consequently, her stare was a labyrinth. "Are you lost? This town isn't for little bitches like you."

Jess's throat fluttered but he powered through. "If I'm not mistaken, it isn't for Malibu Barbie's either."

Kitty rolled her eyes, "Bite me." She shoved her hand in the air, sticking a middle finger at him before she sauntered towards the other side of the crosswalk.

"Why don't you get in front of a car again, huh? Maybe this time they won't step on the brakes," Jess shouted.

She couldn't be bothered to continue this conversation. Kitty Lovelace's anger was contained within her home, expressed by crumpling an apron and tossing it out the window, observing it tear as it snagged on rocks and a child rode away with the straps entangled in their bike's wheels.

This domestic fury could be concealed with cheerful grins and vivid eyeliner, yet it remained potent, capable of wrecking all in its path. She clung to it, nurturing it, akin to safeguarding empty bottles wrapped in fabric hidden beneath her bed.

In a sense, Kitty resembled a hurricane.

Kitty pushed opened the doors of Luke's Diner harshly, the bell tingling overhead. The diner smelled like lukewarm coffee, blueberry pancakes and powdered sugar.

In the kitchen, chopping boards overfilled with vegetables and marble split with grills where Ceaser was flipping the hamburger patties, conversing loudly with Luke Danes, who was on the counter, serving customers with his usual scowl on his face.

As it usually was in Stars Hollow, Luke's Diner was full. The tables were packed neatly with chattering, chipper people either sipping on their sugary drinks in delight or attacking their generously filled, hollow plates.

Luke's Diner was the only place people ever ate at all through the town. Cozy booths ranging from vibrant red to dark blue; a tall counter that separated the kitchen and the dining area, and cushioned stools littered all across it; dim lights that danced along the soft music coming from the radio set next to the stove (that Luke did not approve of whatsoever but Kitty could care less), so close that one little, accidental bump could send it toppling.

Her wispy hair framed her face as she tucked a strand behind her ear and set her sunglasses on the top of her head, offering townsfolk a tight smile as she did so. They were watching her. They always are. Their eyes would scan her up and down, like they were looking for cracks or scrapes in her porcelain skin, like they were looking for something she was hiding. Kitty Lovelace always had a poker face, though.

She walked up to the counter, "I fucking hate men."

The women in front of the diner owner spun around on the stool, icy blue eyes wide and a grin appearing on her lips. Lorelai Gilmore was quite possibly Kitty Lovelace's favorite person in the world. The women was as hippie as they come, her house filled with trinkets and exuding peace and serenity. Her and her daughter were probably the most loved in Stars Hollow, the mess of light brown hair falling just above their shoulders in neat curls and baby blue eyes was enough to put the most dazzling of grins on anybody's face.

The Gilmore Girls are woven with pure sunshine. It was said that they were born in a flower field, with the sun perched perfectly on the horizon, illuminating the flowers in a beautiful, honey golden glow. It was rare to see the Gilmore's without a smile on their face.

Lorelai choked on air, bringing a flat palm up to her chest in shock. "Kitty!" She exclaimed, coughing. "We have a man here, you know."

Kitty was behind the counter with Luke Danes by then. She leaned against it, drumming her pink manicures against the counter and looked at Luke with her head tilted. "Oh, was I supposed to apologize?"

A soft chuckle left Luke's lips and he shook his head, pouring dark liquid in a customers mug, "You scare me."

She grinned. In truth, it was more of a smirk. She was not soft enough to smile; the corners of her mouth were sharp like a double-edged blade. "That's so sweet, Luke. Thank you."

Luke Danes magic was the classical kind of magic. Like the questioning life but feeling at peace kind of magic. Or the aroma of breakfast at night and spice in the air, magic. He was not a very affectionate person, but he had a huge soft spot for Kitty and it was something he could not even explain to himself.

Lorelai crossed her leg over her knee and leaned onto the counter. "Which boy are you murdering today, Kitty?"

"Just another one of those John Bender wannabe's. He saved me from being crushed by a car, actually, and I thought he was pretty cute, but then I noticed he was wearing the ugliest fucking jacket I've ever seen," Kitty replied. She played at a strand of her hair innocently. Oddly, it didn't seem misplaced the slightest, despite having spilled from her perfect ponytail, decorated by gold pins with pearls on the end, matching her trademark necklace and the teeth she so-victoriously flashed to town-folks.

"And that made you not like him anymore?" Luke's brows furrowed together.

"Pretty much," Kitty shrugged. She settled on reapplying a second coat of her Revlon lipstick, dark as purple figs in the springtime, sweet like sticky ambrosia, using Lorelai's mug as a mirror. They rolled their eyes at her antics but had not commented on it nonetheless.

"He saved you from a car, you said? Like how Superman saved Lois Lane?" Lorelai asked, tilting her head and pursing her lips.

"Yeah, exactly. This dumbass in the car decided he wanted to go full speed on a cross walk, can you believe that?" She scoffed as she capped the dark lipstick and slipped it in the front pocket of her white tennis bag. It was a summer color, of course she knew, but she had always been half girl half wild mess. A bandit, if you may. Rules didn't interest her much. "Like, why get a license if you don't know how to drive a car, it's common sense."

"Says the girl who once went on a curb and hit a stop sign," Luke chuckled, writing down orders neatly on a piece of paper.

Kitty pouted, "My hand slipped, it wasn't—"

The door slammed open and the bell almost fell from the hinges. Kitty looked up from her perfectly French-manicured nails and into brown eyes, the deepest abyss she had ever dipped into, barely visible under a tuff of brunette hair, somewhat messy. It was him again.

She tried to keep her face as void of emotion as much as possible as she took a drink of Lorelai's coffee, hoping it would settle her irritation.

"Jess, hey, good," Luke spoke up, coaxing Jess to halt in front of the stairs, rolling his eyes as he slowly spun around. "I'd like you to meet a few people."

"Hey," Lorelai greeted, lips tucked into a big smile. "Hi. I'm Lorelai. I just wanted to meet you before Luke had a chance to fill your head with all kinds of little lies about me."

He wasn't listening though, instead staring at the youngest girl in the diner. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. His ivory bones shook due to the nervousness he felt whenever he drowned in the sea of her eyes.

His throat fluttered again. "Hi," Jess greeted the women sourly, pressing his lips together and nodding, almost curtly.

"You know, you should meet my daughter." Lorelai continued on. "She's about your age, she could show you where all the good wilding goes on."

Kitty laughed, pressing her chin onto the palm of her hand, "The only wilding you'll find is a study session in her bedroom with the doors closed."

"Shut up and introduce yourself to him," Lorelai scolded.

All eyes turned to Kitty, who was trying to contain her annoyance. She sighed, standing up and offering him a smile. Again, nothing about it was warm and inviting. Instead, he found an odd feeling blossoming in the pit of his stomach like a cherry tree.

"We've already been introduced like ten minutes ago," She pointed out, the corner of her lips curled up arrogantly. She looked up at him through thick, charcoal lashes, and he held his breath. They always did. "Remember?"

"Yeah," He coughed out nervously. He found that it amused her. "You're Malibu Barbie."

"Wait," Luke furrowed his brows in confusion, dropping his pen and notepad on the counter. "My nephew was the one who saved you from the car?"

Kitty shot Luke an odd look. Across vase-lined eyelids, her eyelashes fluttered. "John Bender's your nephew?"

"Yes, John Bender is my nephew." Luke emphasized mockingly.

She seemed to be weighting her words for a split-second, like she was solving a math equation or sending a satellite to the moon. "I'm Kitty Lovelace," She introduced herself, pronouncing it like she was proud to be a Lovelace, and her eyes brightened as she did so.

The corners of his lips rose up a bit, "Kitty? Like a cat?"

The muscles in Kitty's jaw clenched, and Luke glared at him, "Jess Mariano." Luke scolded.

Kitty grinned, leaning forward ever-so-lightly. Again he held his breath. She rose her brow smugly, "Jess? Like a girl?"

Now it was his turn to clench his jaw. He smiled sarcastically, "Hilarious."

"Okay—uh, well, it was nice to meet you. I-I hope you like it here." Lorelai stuttered out.

He only nodded boringly, lips into a thin line.

Silenced swallowed them, and normally, Kitty was close friends with it, the forever-hungry entity that ate them likens piece of cake, but when it was awkward, she wanted to crawl under the earth and tuck it over her, digging deep deep deep. She cleared her throat, drumming her fingers on the counter.

"So...class dismissed," Lorelai chuckles, but it quickly faded to nervous laughter.

"Uh—are you hungry because I can—"

But it was too late, he was already running up the stairs.

"So, that's Jess." Lorelai spoke up, glancing at Luke.

"Yep."

"Very chatty."

Kitty tilted her head softly to the side in confusion, pressing her chin onto the palm of her hand again, "I thought he would have a wider vocabulary then Edward Scissorhands."

Luke let out a sigh. "He's adjusting. He just got here. He probably just realized there are 12 stores in this town devoted entirely to peddling porcelain unicorns. I've lived in this town my entire life, I still can't believe it."

Kitty laughed, craning her neck to look at the diner owner in front of her. "Oh yeah, yeah, that's definitely it."

Lorelai nodded, agreeing with Kitty with a slight smile on her lips. "I'm sure that's it."

"He'll be fine in a few days." Luke reassured.

A brief silent swallowed them whole, broken by a soft sigh from Kitty. She jumped up with a smile, "Alright, I'm leaving,"

"Hey, don't forget to stop by later this week, got it? I still have your Chanel bag that you gave me a month ago," Lorelai informed, handing Kitty her lipstick.

Kitty nodded, grabbing the lipstick from Lorelai's grasp and placing it in her pink bag. She chewed on her lower lip, "Stop by the Crap Shack and make sure to grab my bag. Okay, got it." She noted, with a simpering smile.

She spun Luke's baseball hat so the bill was in the back, to which he yelled defensively and tried to push her off. She laughed, rounding the counter and leaning forward to peck Lorelai's cheek before slipping out of her motherly grasp. "I'll see you later, my amazing parents."

"Don't forget to come, Kitty! You seem to always forget!" Lorelai chastised firmly, but she was laughing as she did so.

"Yeah, yeah, I have it, God." Kitty mocked, lifting her fingers from her temple in a mock salute, spinning around the heels of her heels and strutting out the door.

She pushed her hair behind her shoulders, pressing her headphones into her ears and becoming engulfed with The Pussycat Dolls.

She is a golden girl living a golden life; dainty and elegant pearls around her neck and overlapped friendship bracelets screwed around her wrist which is virtually impossible to take off.

Kitty Lovelace existed loudly, and she deserved to burn, smoke in her lungs and ashes on her teeth.

a/n
i really don't know if i like
this or not . . .

kitty is me i am her we are the same
person i love her sm omg 🤝🏻 u guys
are gonna absolutely adore her she is
such a not mean person to people
she loves but mean to people she hates
ykkk.

jess & kitty are gonna be the DEATH of
me they are the cutest things 🫶🏻 their
first introduction was actually the scene
i've been wanting to use for sooo long
and i'm glad i used it for them it's just
so them guyssss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 100 10
what happens when everyone from Stiles past lives come together to watch his memories ! everyone that died is alive
10.8K 339 9
𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒 ━ ᶜᵒⁿʳᵃᵈ ᶠⁱˢʰᵉʳ ❛ 𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖓.𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖘. ...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
136K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...