Hours of the Night // Damon S...

By wandaswxfe

With a turn, he started for the door but stopped as her gentle hand held his rough ones. "Please," her voice... More

๐ˆ๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐‡๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
001. ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž ๐‚๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
002. ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ?
003. ๐‚๐ก๐š๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ
THE BUFFER BETWEEN OLD & NEW
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 26

507 12 1
By wandaswxfe

For the record I had every intention to stay in bed with my tub of ice cream but no I had to go to school. At least that is what my twin sister made me do. So here we are me and Elena on each of my best friends Caroline side as we walk to school. I don't pay much attention besides bits and pieces.

Like- She makes the first move, I tried... I'm out of it. yada-yada.

The warning bell rings. "Got to ditch." I say to Care who nods.

I get to my history class and see my spot still open so I sit in it, grabbing the things I need out. I start to draw squiggly lines on my notebook right as the final bell rings. My attention is brought up when an unfamiliar voice talks.

"Good morning, Everyone." The teacher puts his books on his desk rubs his hands together looking at the board. "Alrighty." He starts to write A-L-A-R-I-C S-A-L-T-Z-M-A-N on the board. The guy points at the words, "Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful. I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is German origins. My family immigrated here in 1755 from Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston.

Now the name, Alaric, belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough." I sneaker quietly at that remark. "You'll probably want t0 pronounce it 'Ala-Ric,' but it's 'A-lar-Ric,' okay? So you can call me Ric." He takes a breath, "I'm your new history teacher."

There is something about this Ric guy that seems nervous. I'm going to call it first day jitters. History class will definitely be more interesting now though.

"And then I ended up at the remains of Old Fell's Church before I woke up back in the woods." Bonnie explains her dreams.

"And you always see your ancestor Emily?" Elena asks.

"No, there's Bob." I say sarcastically.

"Natasha." Bonnie and Elena exclaim at me. I surrender my hands and mumble a sorry. But nonetheless Bonnie nods.

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

I go first. "100%. I mean what else explains K2's, the EVP's or even rem-pods? Don't answer that."

Elena shrugs the slightest. "2 weeks ago, I'd say no, but now--"

"I think I'm being haunted." Bonnie cuts her off.

"I don't get it though. Why Emily?" I ask her.

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the civil war days and that this medallion was hers, a witch's talisman."

Elena asks pointing at the talisman, "And it all started when you got that necklace?"

"I think she is using it to communicate with me."

I nod slowly. :Okay, what does Grams say about it?"

Bonnies head shakes once with a sigh. "I can't call her. She's gonna tell me embrace it. I don't want to embrace it. I want to make it stop." She sounds defeated.

I grab her hand and feel the old timey vibe but the feeling of Bonnie mixed as well. My eyes are pulled back into focus as I pull my hand away. The girls look at me while I put on a small smile. "Maybe just tell her to stop?"

Me and Elena were walking out of the school as I zoned out but a tug on my sleeve zipped me into reality. Elena was dragging me over to.... Stefan. Great. Let's hope that he didn't kill his brother, not that I care.

Lies.

They exchange HI's while I stay silent staring one of the many cars, still listening of course.

"You weren't in class. I was worried." Elena went first.

"Yeah, I got you're messages and sorry I didn't get back to you, but what I wanna say shouldn't be said over the phone."

I chew on my lip. "A simple 'I didn't kill my brother' text would have been nice." I said loud enough for only us to hear. Elena turned to me with a questioning gaze but I kept my eyes on Stefan.

He looked at me. 'I didn't kill my brother, as much as he deserved it." Relief flooded through me as my body untensed, which I didn't even notice it was in the first place. "He has you to thank for that."

All I did was nod, and advert my gaze again.

"So, what did you wanna tell me?" Elena changed the topic.

Stefan stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I won't be coming to school anymore. I'm gonna back off and keep my distance. It's the right thing to do." Was all Stefan said.

I call bullshit. My fists clench a little.

"Back off from school or from me?" Elena questions him.

I looked at him as his eyes wandered from my sisters eyes to the outside world. Silent. Well, actions speak louder than words.

My hand finds its way to my twins and gives her a reassuring squeeze. "Thank you for telling us."

"It's better this way."

I press my lips and nod, "Yep we got it."

He nods slowly. "You guys are angry. It will be easier if you guys hate me." Then he walks away leaving me and my sister alone.

"Caroline." I yell up the stairs of her house. "Lets go before I leave you're ass."

"Language!" I hear Ms. Forbes yell from her kitchen.

"Sorry!"

I hear some heels click down the staircase finally. "I'm coming. Just had to grab my favorite lip balm."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay. Now let's move." We were at the door as Care yells a bye to the air. "time to get this party started." I sang out.

I sat on the swing on the front porch as Stefan dropped the bomb, that I knew it makes sense, about Emily being a witch. I stared at my sister with a new found of entertainment of how we are even related.

"You knew? About Bonnie?" Elena questioned him further.

I sighed. "Sister, it makes since. Emily is part of the Bennet line as well as Bonnie. Then Emily is a witch so Bennet line equals witch." Motioning my hands in a explosion. She rolls her eyes at me. I mumble out a "Stupid" that she gladly didn't hear.

The first night you invited me over for dinner, I made the connection." Stefan steered us on track.

She sighs as well as I, "And now Damon knows as well, and for some weird reason he wants that necklace." I say aloud as I try to rack my brain on why he would need it.

What does it look like?" Stefan asked me but I didn't answer.

Elena spoke up. "It's, um, antique iron setting with a--"

"amber crystal." He finished off.

I stood up walking towards them. "And it has a lot of power in it." They threw me a questioning gaze. I shrugged my shoulders feeling uncomfortable, looking at the ground. "I can feel it."

"I do know it though. It belonged to Katherine. Emily gave it to her, which means that..."

"What?" I questioned him.

"I don't know, but Imma find out. Let me talk to Damon." He grabbed his coat.

My sister looked at him, "Will he talk to you?"

He sighed thinking before answering. "I'll-I'll get it out of him."

Me and Caroline are grabbing thing out of the brown bag for dinner. It has been quiet so far which I am enjoying, so much happens and I need to breath at least for a minute. We both hear footsteps and turn to see Elena and Bonnie walking in. Caroline stares at Bonnie as me and Elena share a look praying this goes well.

My bestie goes back to the bag but I look at her and nod over to Bonnie with an brow raised. She rolls her eyes, so far so good. "I'm sorry. There. I said it." A little snotty but not that bad. "If you want the ugly-ass necklace, keep it."

I mentally palmed my head. "It's yours." Care says. I smile at her for being at least a notch down from bitchy.

Bonnie gives an unsure face. "Will you hate me if I tell you I threw it away?" She winces a bit.

"You threw it away?" Asked Caroline peeved.

"I know it sounds crazy but the necklace was giving me nightmares. I had to get rid of it." Bonnie explains quickly.

"You could have just given it back to me."

Elena butted in. "Why? So you could give it back to Damon?"

Caroline sighs, "Screw Damon."

I coughed, "Are we doing manicures or what? Who has their kit? Cause I lost mine."

"Mine's in my bag." Bonnie offers. I give Caroline a look and she goes to get it as the three of us try to finish.

"So, Elena?" She hummed. "How long do you think this fight with Stefan's gonna last?" Care asked, probably wanting to get with him still. "Is it like a permanent thing?"

"I don't know, Caroline."

"Why are you such a little lair, Bonnie?" Care accuses her.

My brows are furrowed as I see Bonnies talisman, but didn't she say... I look to see the twos face filled with shock. Not playing around, so something supernatural. Caroline put it on the counter as we each got one side of the counter.

"I'm not lying to you, Caroline, I swear." Bonnie says defensively.

Elena nods. "It's true. I watched her throw it into a field."

"Well, then explain it." Caroline pushes.

"Emily." The Bennet says uncertain.

Care is confused, "Who's Emily?"

I went to open my mouth but Bonnie asks, "The ghost?"

"Oh, the ghost has a name now?" She taunts.

"Caroline, please." My sister holds a hand to her. I narrow my eyes.

"I wonder why she won't leave me alone." Bonnie sighs frustrated.

Caroline leans over the counter a little. "Okay, what is going on? Why am I not a part of this conversation?" She points at the Elena and Bonnie. "You guys do this to me all the time."

"That's not true." Elena says.

Me and Bonnie both say, "Yes, it is."

Bonnie looks at Caroline. "I can't talk to you. You never listen."

She shakes her head. "That not true."

"I'm a witch."

She crosses her arms. "And don't we all know it?"

"Caroline!" I exclaim, she winces a little.

"See? That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to tell you something. You don't even hear it." Bonnie walks away into the living room.

Caroline turns to me and Elena, "I listen. When do I not listen?"

All we did was sigh.

Me and Elena's ears were pressed against the door listening on the conversation with Caroline and Bonnie.

"Bonnie." There was silence for 5 seconds. "Look, before it wasn't me, okay? I didn't believe in the whoo whoo." We heard shuffling so maybe sitting next to each other? "But when Natasha came to me I didn't believe it either until she showed me. And I guess... I forgot it when were talking. So I'm in. That's all it takes for me to jump onboard, because I consider you to be my best friend.

And I'm saying this knowing that Natasha and Elena's in the kitchen listening to my every word." Some shufflings. "Look, I didn't understand how real this was for you, but I'm listening now. Okay?"

"Okay." Bonnie agreed.

"Elena, Natasha, you can come in now. We're done." Caroline called out.

I giggled a little as we stepped though to them. "So, seize fire?" I asked with caution. We all laughed.

"Well, there is just way too much drama in this room. So, what do you guys wanna do?" We just shrugged unsure. Then Care gasp nearly made me jump. "I have an idea. Why don't we have a séance?" Caroline smiled.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Bonnie expressed.

I smiled along, "It would be fun. Plus, I have always wanted to do one."

"Come on. Let's summon some spirits." Care hyped. "This Emily chick has some serious explaining to do."

We all sat on the floor of my bedroom, since it wasn't a tornado, in a circle with only the candle light as a light source. Me and Caroline were the only ones trying by the looks of it.

Bonnie sighs, "What are we doing?"

"I don't know." My twin resorts.

Me and Caroline shush them and I continue, "Be quiet and concentrate. Okay, close you're eyes. Now take a deep breath." We all took a breath.

"Bonnie call to her." Caroline finished.

"Emily.... You there?" She called out.

I peak me open irritated. "Really, Bon's?"

"Emily, you there?'" Care mocked, "That's all you got? Come on."

"Fine. Jeez." Bonnie breathes out.

We all hold hands once again taking a breath and letting our bodies relax.

"Emily... I call on you. I know you have a message, I'm here to listen." Nothing happens besides some crickets chirping.

Then all of a sudden the flames on the candles double in height as we let go and jump they return to normal. "Did that just--" Elena sputtered out.

"Yeah. That just happened." I whispered.

The air gets a little more breezy like there's a draft. "It's just the air conditioning." Bonnie debunks. The flames get higher this time and we further away from it. Caroline proceeds to ask Emily to give us a sign but I have a feeling that it would be just one sign. Nothing happens for a minute.

Then the windows burst open and Bonnie says she cant breathe and can't do it. Her hands fly to the necklace pulling it off and throwing it to the candles. We all scramble as the candle lights went out. "Please get the light. The lights." Bonnie freaks out.

I didn't move cause I know I will trip if I did so once the light turned on and saw the necklace gone, I was scared. We shouldn't have done this.

"Guys." I called out pointing to where the necklace was at.

"The necklace, it's gone." Bonnie finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 71 7
"๐™ธ ๐š‘๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š‹๐šŽ ๐šœ๐šž๐šŒ๐šŒ๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ๐š๐šž๐š• ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐šž๐šœ๐šŽ ๐™ธ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐šŽ๐šก๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐šœ๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐š’๐š." Everything wasn't easy for Victoria, from studyi...
51.1K 1.4K 37
๐™Ž๐™ช๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ, ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™š๐™ญ๐™˜๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ. ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™ก...