Easy On Me ☆ Ackley Bridge

By chloerosaliexo

Evelyn Lopez is ready for her first day first day of a brand new, integrated school, Ackley Bridge with her f... More

Evelyn and Zack Lopez
☆ | chapter 1 | ☆
☆ | chapter 2 | ☆
☆ | chapter 3 | ☆
☆ | chapter 4 | ☆
☆ | chapter 5 | ☆
☆ | chapter 7 | ☆
☆ | chapter 8 | ☆
☆ | chapter 9 | ☆
☆ | chapter 10 | ☆
☆ | chapter 11 | ☆
☆ | chapter 12 | ☆
☆ | chapter 13 | ☆
☆ | chapter 14 | ☆
☆ | chapter 15 | ☆
☆ | chapter 16 | ☆
☆ | chapter 17 | ☆
☆ | chapter 18 | ☆
☆ | chapter 19 | ☆
☆ | chapter 20 | ☆
☆ | chapter 21 | ☆
☆ | chapter 22 | ☆
☆ | chapter 23 | ☆
☆ | chapter 24 | ☆

☆ | chapter 6 | ☆

3K 45 3
By chloerosaliexo

You can't deny, how hard I have tried, I changed who I was to put you both first but now I give up

The next day at lunch, Evie and Zack stuck together. They were sat outside away from their friends.

"Not much will change really." Zack said honestly.

"Everything will change Zack!" Evie scolded.

"He's been at University for years Evie, we're used to this."

"No we're not, he only went back last month for the first time since Mum died. We're not used to this." She snapped at him.

"Alright you two?" Mrs Carter asked as she approached the two. The twins nodded in response, quickly making their way back into the school and away from the teacher.

"Who ya texting?" Evie winked at Cory while looking over his shoulder, while they were standing next to their lockers.

"Honestly... I don't know."

"Huh?"

Evie watched as he typed out a text. She shared a confuse glance with her brother and the rest of their group.

'Hope you're not too tired after last night ;)'

She read off Cory's message before he sent it to a random number he appeared to have been texting.

"You what?!" Riz, who was at his own locker, shouted, looking at Cory in disgust.

"I knew it!! Caught on have ya gay boy?"

"Cory what the fuck?" Evie whispered to him.

"You're out of order!" Riz exclaimed, walking over and shoving Cory.

"No, you're out of order." Cory repeated, pushing him back.

"How would you feel if I tried to get your sister into bed?" Riz shot to Zack. "Not that I'd need to try too hard."

Zack didn't even hesitate before launching himself at Riz. This resulted in a scuffle between the two friend groups.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah!" Mr Simpson shouted running down the corridor and standing between Zack and Cory, and Riz as Mr Bell approached too.

"Zack! Calm down!" Mr Bell said quietly to the teen, with a hand on his chest

"What is going on?" He said with more of a harsh tone to the group of boys who were fighting, noticing Evie who was now stood next to her brother and Cory.

Everybody looked at each other and nobody dared to say anything.

"No?" Mr Bell questioned. "Fair enough, you're all on the rugby team."

"Rugby? But sir I'm a footballer!" Cory protested which caused Evie to laugh.

"Well you can both be in isolation if you prefer! Don't worry lads, Evie here is assisting Mr Simpson and myself in coaching."

"She's a footballer too sir!" Cory protested again.

Riz stormed off, hitting a locker on his way.

"6 down, 8 to go." Mr Bell smiled at Mr Simpson. "Zack, follow me please."

"What?" He questioned, wondering why he'd be the only one to get into trouble for this, but then again he was the only one who threw a punch.

"Just do it."

Zack followed the two teachers down to the PE department, they ended up in Mr Bell's office.

"Sit down."

Mr Simpson looked just as confused as Zack about what was going on.

"Let me see." Mr Bell said knowingly.

"I don't follow, sir."

"You're hand Zack, I'm not stupid."

Zack huffed before pulling his hand out of his pocket. Two of his knuckles were cut quite badly, the rest were purple with bruising.

"You wanna tell me what's happened? Cause I know this didn't happen just now." Mr Bell asked.

Zack didn't say anything and got up, quickly storming out of the office.

"Zack!" Mr Bell and Mr Simpson called after him but the boy was already gone.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Evie was quiet for the rest of the day. Missy had filled her in on Nas and Ms Shariff and how she was trying to get them together.

It was the end of the day and the three of them were leaving school when they saw Ms Shariff.

"Go for it Nas, ask her about the gig." Missy whispered as she dragged Evie ahead and both of them waited outside of the school.

"What's been going on with you today?" Missy asked her best friend quietly knowing something was up.

"Kyle's left us." Evie said, relieved to get it out and finally tell someone.

"What?" Missy was shocked.

"Going to Africa to be a doctor over here, this place and me and Zack remind him too much of Mum." Evie's eyes filled with tears.

"Come here!" Missy sighed pulling the girl into a hug. "Everything will be alright."

Mr Bell and Mrs Carter, who were leaving the school at the same time, watched the interaction between the girls.

"There's something going on with those twins." Mr Bell said thoughtfully. "Zack were all over the place today. I dunno what's going on."

"Steve I agree with you but they're teenagers! We can't force them to open up to us and the more you try to the less likely it is they will, so why don't you just leave them be a bit yeah?." His wife replied gently with a smile, knowing her husband wanted to help the pair.

"Told you she was asking you out!" Missy grinned as Nas caught up with her two best friends.

"Come back to mine Evie." Missy said, knowing her friend needed some fun.

"Thanks Missy but..." She trailed off, nodding her head towards her brother who was sitting on the wall by the school gates, waiting for her.

"I'll see you two tomorrow." She smiled before walking home with her brother.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was nearing the end of another school day, Evie, Missy and Nas were walking through the corridor, Nas telling her two friends about her Dad's return from Pakistan and how she had overheard a conversation between her parents.

Nas' Dad had found an ideal husband for her while he was in Pakistan. And was hoping Nasreen would agree to the arranged marriage.

"What did your mum say?" Evie asked.

"Over her dead body, but Dad just stormed out."

"Was the guy fit?" Missy stopped to ask, Evie and Nas both rolled their eyes.

"He we're wearing loafers!"

Missy gasped.

"Your Mum won't let it happen... unless he kidnaps you!" Evie laughed.

Miss Shariff walked through the corridor, giving Nas a small smile as she did. Missy and Evie shot Nas a wink before they both hurried off to English.

Once English was over, school was finished too. Evie walked along side Missy ready to meet up with Nas.

"Evie!" The familiar voice of her brother called. "Come on, we've got rugby."

"Oh balls!" Evie grumbled, saying bye to Missy and quickly following her brother to the PE Department. She was the only girl in the changing rooms, she got dressed in leggings, a sports hoodie and Nike trainers.

She made her way to the field where she saw the newly recruited rugby team, all of them shouting at each other. Mr Bell and Mr Simpson stood watching them as Evie walked over and stood between the two teachers.

"You know anything about rugby?" Mr Simpson asked.

"I know enough." She grinned back.

Mr Bell finally had enough of the shouting and moved between the boys forcing them to stand in two lines.

"I'll just wait till you've finished then shall I?" He shouted.

"He's a racist!"

"Zain, shut up!" Mr Bell snapped causing Evie to chuckle. "The object of the game is to get the ball, over the opponents try line. You've got 6 chances. If you don't manage to do it, it goes to the other team. Evie, anything you want to add?"

She smirked at Mr Bell before walking forward to stand next to him. "You can only pass the ball backwards."

"BACKWARDS?" A few of the guys shouted.

"Backwards." Evie repeated.

"Otherwise it would be American football wouldn't it." Mr Bell added.

Mr Simpson walked forward. "Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs. Rugby is a thugs game, played by gentleman."

"Women can play too sir." Evie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah... yes of course!" He stuttered.

"Sometimes better." Mr Bell laughed.

"Behave like gentlemen... gentlemen."

"By that sir means, no stamping, no pulling of hair, no biting... but everything else is fair game." Mr Bell said before turning to Evie, handing her the rugby ball. "Wanna do the honours?"

She took the ball and kicked it high in the air.

"Go!" Mr Bell shouted.

Suddenly Zain had tackled Jordan straight to the ground, the ball no where near them. Cory, Zack and Mr Bell dragged him off the younger Wilson.

"Just play the game Zain!" Evie snapped at him.

"What you even doing here, you ain't even playing?"

"She's here because I asked her to Zain, so shut it and play!" Mr Bell snapped at him again. "Right we're going to mix these teams up a bit now, Riz take half of Cory's, Cory take half of Riz's"

It wasn't long before there was a proper game of rugby going on, Mr Bell and Mr Simpson were playing too with Evie standing by observing the teams.

"Zain, pass to Jordan!" Evie shouted.

"Pass to Jordan!" Mr Bell repeated.

Zain hesitated before doing so which resulted in Jordan scoring for his team who erupted into cheers.

"YES JORDAN!" Evie shouted.

"Going well then?"

"Fuck me!" Evie jumped, not knowing someone was behind her. Turning around she saw Mrs Carter smiling.

"Oh! Sorry Miss! I didn't mean to swear at you, you gave me a fright."

"I'll let you off." The two females laughed together.

"That was great." Mrs Carter smiled at her husband who walked over after noticing her presence. "Got them all playing together."

"Can thank this one for that, reckon they were trying to show off for her." Mr Bell laughed placing his hands on Evie's shoulders. "But yeah, it was alright weren't it?"

"Good work Steve." Sadiq Nawaz said approaching as well.

"Here we go." Evie mumbled.

"There's a way to go yet, but we'll get there."

"I got us a game."

"You what?" Evie questioned.

"They're not ready!" Mr Bell exclaimed.

"We just started today!" Evie protested.

"Some grammar school were bad mouthing our lads, so I challenged them." He narrowed his eyes at Mr Bell and Evie.

"Nice... setting your son up to fail." Evie replied.

"I don't know who you think you are, how dare you. Riz won't fail." He pointed at her, getting closer with each word.

"Ey! Back off yeah?" Mr Bell said stepping between then getting annoyed himself.

"Get us ready for a win eh? School's reputation's on the line." He patted Mr Bells back. "Oh and uh.. you might want to sort her attitude out." He smirked, pointing at Evie, walking off the field.

"Prick." She muttered walking off in the opposite direction before her teachers could say anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 329 23
14 year old Meredith Green is given the opportunity of a lifetime when she is offered the role of Meg Giry in Love Never Dies on Broadway. What surpr...
2.1M 109K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
636K 32K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
4.9K 375 15
Yujin was homeless and had nothing when she married Wonyoung, famous for her beauty. This led to her being constantly judged and looked down upon by...