Sweetness Of Life ✔

By free_bird_123_

A sequel to Sweetness Of Love. Achieving a blissful existence and a harmonious family is a universal desire... More

CHAPTER - 01
CHAPTER - 02
CHAPTER - 03
CHAPTER - 05
CHAPTER - 06
CHAPTER - 07
CHAPTER - 08
CHAPTER - 09
CHAPTER - 10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER - 12
CHAPTER - 13
CHAPTER - 14
CHAPTER - 15
CHAPTER - 16
CHAPTER - 17
CHAPTER - 18
CHAPTER - 19
CHAPTER - 20
CHAPTER - 21
CHAPTER - 22
CHAPTER - 23
CHAPTER - 24
CHAPTER - 25
CHAPTER - 26
CHAPTER - 27
CHAPTER - 28
CHAPTER - 29
CHAPTER - 30
CHAPTER - 31
CHAPTER - 32
CHAPTER - 33
CHAPTER - 34
CHAPTER - 35
CHAPTER - 36
CHAPTER - 37
CHAPTER - 38
Epilogue
Sweetness Of Life

CHAPTER - 04

408 76 57
By free_bird_123_

Hello, everyone.

Many of you forgot who is Kabir and it's necessary to let you know before you go ahead with reading this chapter.

Kabir is the one who came to visit Avni in the hospital after the twins were born and took her away with him.

Remember?

I hope you do. I don't know how to elaborate on it. Lol.

Enjoy!

"You waited for nearly one year and six months and I wish you kept it in your pants a little longer or at least used some protection," My eyebrows shoot up in surprise as I look at Sara. She keeps her hand on her baby bump and she looks adorably cute.

"I guess, you got it how busy she is," Neil whispered to me. He shakes his head as Sara glares at her husband.

"Stop saying it like it was done out of desire or as if it was done in the heart of the moment. You know it was planned by both of us. We both wanted to be parents." Her husband says calmly as he holds her shoulders.

"Who in the hell knew your step-sister will get pregnant at the same time." She shouts at him.

"You are my husband and I need you now. What can I do if her husband stays abroad? Her husband should come back for her and their baby or he just knows to make her pregnant? She could go ask for your elder brother's help but no she needs all of my happiness."

"Stop stressing over it. I am with you." He puts his arms around her, he is so calm.

"You are an idiot!" She pulls away irritated and wipes her tears. "I wish you were pregnant instead of me. You would understand me then." She glares at him.

Her husband rolls his eyes. "I do understand you and that's why I am standing with you now. My brother will take care of my step-sister you don't worry."

She grins at him. "Your daddy is a good husband." She looks down at her belly.

"She is so cute," I mumble.

"She is just having mood swings. You'll probably have them soon." Neil grins at me.

I give him a small smile feeling a bit sad because I ain't gonna have them anytime soon. I guess I need to talk to him about it.

"I'll get you something to eat." Her husband settles her on the couch, as he helps her put a pillow behind her. He turns around to walk when he spots us looking at them. I see him looking between me and Neil and gulps staring into my eyes.

"What's up, man?" Neil grins as he approaches him and I walk behind him.

Sara looks up at him and her eyebrows shoot up, I smile as Sara's husband and Neil hug.

Sara grins at me as she dramatically widens her eyes. "Are you for real?"

"Yeah." I nodded not comprehending what I'm supposed to answer and how I'm supposed to react.

She leans in and pokes her finger on my stomach. "Oh my god, she is."

I suddenly feel tears at the back of my eyes yet my heart fills with contentment.

"Help me get up." She mumbles her voice cracks in the end and I see tears in her eyes. Her husband holds her hand and helps her to stand up.

"My baby bump wouldn't let us hug tight." She laughs amidst the tears in her eyes. She is a bit shorter than me so I put my arms around her and hug her.

"You are crying," I mumble as we pull away and I stare into her eyes.

"I am not." She shakes her head and tears escape from her eyes.

"Your tears say the opposite." I chuckle as I reach out to wipe her tears. She looks down as she sniffs.

"Ah, I do feel really bad that you weren't present at my wedding to wipe my tears." She grins at me as she reaches out to hold my hand in hers.

"You didn't cry at the wedding." Her husband interrupts. I and Neil laugh while she groans.

"Maybe I would have if she was present you know." She looks at him.

"I bet you would have laughed more if she was present," Neil says as he looks between us.

"I bet you would have arrived at my wedding if she was present." She looks at Neil and rolls her eyes.

"It's nothing like that, I was busy." Neil tries to clarify.

"He didn't come to your wedding?" I ask Sara.

"He didn't. I did send him a special invitation card."

"Yeah, she did." Neil nods. "Which said,

Hello, Mr. Khanna.

I heartily invite you to my wedding on 4th November, Thursday. Dress up like a zero because I want everyone's eyes on me and my husband. Free food will be available and special sweets will be present for the invisible pregnant lady in you which craves sweets.

Ps: Waiting to be your RK again.

~ Ex-RK."

I bite my lip to prevent laughing.

"It was a long invitation, you said it so short." Sara rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, it's been 2 years so this is all I remember." Neil shrugs.

"He remembers this after 2 damn years that means that's what he loved the most." Sara grins at me. "Isn't it?"

"Yeah." I laugh slowly.

"Ex-RK? Seriously?" Neil rolls his eyes.

"Yeah." She shrugs as if that makes sense. "Where's Niam and Navya?"

"At their grandparent's home." I smile.

"You should have got them, I miss them." She pouts.

"You are gonna join us tomorrow we are visiting Foziah and Asad, Niam and Navya will come there." Neil gives her a remarkable nod.

"That'll be fun." She cheers. "I'll show you around the house?"

"Yeah." I nod. When her husband steps ahead to hold her as she walks, I take hold of her hand. "I'll take care."

He gives me a small smile before he lets go of her hand.

"Uh, this is my husband, Kabir." She looks between us.

"And this is my wife, Avni." Neil stands beside me with a smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you, Kabir." I put my hand forward. He nods as he shakes his hand with mine.

"We have met before and this wasn't your reaction that time." He gives me a small smile.

"Well, I don't remember most of the things so I'm sorry I don't remember you." I shrug feeling a bit bad about it.

"That's okay." He shrugs stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"You are talking with me, right?" Neil looks at Sara. "The contract is over now."

"I am and it doesn't matter now that my friend is here." She smiles at me.

"I do wish I could just jump and dance around." She laughs as she looks down at her belly. "But I can't."

"Thanks for cheering her up." Kabir looks at her fondly. "I'll get you something to eat."

"It's okay." Sara stops him from walking away. "I'll show Avni the kitchen and grab something for us."

"Okay. Careful." He nods.

"Come. Kitchen first, that's where my husband spends most of the time." Sara takes me with her.

"He is a chef?" I look at her.

"No." She laughs. "He is very punctual and time-specific needs every meal on time. And I am the laziest burro who will end up eating breakfast and lunch at the same time if I have to cook."

I look around the huge kitchen as I put my around Sara's shoulder and she keeps her hand on her baby bump.

"How is it?" She looks at me.

"Impressive." I laugh. There are different food painted on the walls and seeing the juices, chocolates, parathas, chicken, fast foods just make my stomach grumble. Welcome to Kabir's Kitchen is written in bold letters on the top.

"He owns Kitchen." She shakes her head.

"What do you own?" I look at her.

"I own the bedroom." She winks at me. I laugh out loud, she laughs along.

"Let's have some ice cream." She sighs walking to the fridge.

I pull a chair for her on the table before I help her settle. I look down at my stomach then look back at Sara's baby bump wondering how I would look.

"Sit." She frowns at me, I nod shrugging off my imaginations.

"How have you been?" She looks at me as we consume ice cream.

"I guess-" I take a moment to find a word. "Happy." I shrug.

"That's good." She smiles. "CM undoubtedly keeps you happy with his stares and kisses, doesn't he?"

"Yeah." I laugh.

"And he is still staring at you from the living room." She points her spoon to the living room.

I look at Neil as he sits beside Kabir and stares at me. He flashes a smile and gets back to talking with Kabir.

"How are your roommates?" Sara asks casually withdrawing my attention from Neil.

"They are my best friends." I nod. "And they are good." I smile at her.

"Oh." She keeps her spoon in the air frowning before she nods to herself and puts the spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

"How do you know them?" I ask curiously.

"DD." She shrugs. "One is Myra and I don't remember the other one's name."

"It's Zaria." I watch as her mood changes. "You know you are my friend too."

"Yep and I am the first one you ever made." She smiles softly.

I look down at my ice cream wondering what is going to happen when Zar, Myra, and Sara are in the same room.

"I have a question." She licks her lips before she leans on the table. "Is Myra seductive?"

"I don't think so." I laugh. "Why would you ask that?"

"No, I mean I wanted DD to marry before me, and that man never got a girl for her. He was always not interested, I am surprised how he suddenly got interested and has a girlfriend now."

"She isn't seductive." I shake my head. "At least not in front of everyone."

"I gotta meet her." She gives a pointed look.

"You sure?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Yep. I gotta meet both of your friends." She looks at me. "I should be okay with them after all they are part of your life."

"I am glad you understand." I smile at her.

"I am trying to." She shrugs.

We talk about random things and then she shows me around the house and tells me about her in-laws. She also talked about how she met Kabir and their story.

It feels weird to see someone talking with me so freely when I don't know them but it feels good too. I will surely become close to her as I was when she knows how to take the lead.

"I love the sky." She screeches as we stand in the backyard. It's almost night and it starts to get cold.

Neil and Kabir stand on the other side as they both talk about something.

"Avni." I turn to look back at Sara as she calls me. "It feels so nice that you are finally here."

"Hey, don't cry." I shake my head as I see tears in her eyes.

She sniffs as she takes hold of my hand. "I missed you." Her voice breaks in the end.

I suddenly feel bad that I can't say her I missed you too. I simply put my arm around her feeling tears in my eyes. Some people never understand what they mean to others. I think I never comprehended how important I was in Sara's life whenever Neil talked to me about her but right now I do realize.

"Are the friends done talking?" Neil arched an eyebrow as he approached us along with Kabir.

"Sara," Kabir calls her out as he stands beside her. I step aside as he talks to her and hugs her.

"You okay?" Neil whispers as he stands behind me.

I look up at him and nod. He smiles at me before he hugs me from behind and kisses the side of my head.

"She is emotional after meeting you and on top of that her mood swings." Neil laughs slowly.

"Don't laugh at her." I slap his arm as I move away from him.

"Oh, yeah." He nods.

"Sara, what's wrong?" He looks at her as she pulls away from her husband.

"It's nothing." She shakes her head cleaning her face.

"Come on, you don't look Sara when you cry." He walks to her and puts his arm around her. "It's simply not you."

"I know." She nods. "And I missed you as well, CM."

"I know you did and even I missed you." He pulls her cheek and laughs. She groans and pushes him away.

"Careful." Kabir holds her. "You and these twins will give me a heart attack one day."

"And when is that day coming?" She rolls her eyes.

"You are having twins?" I look at her amazed.

"Yeah, he put two babies in me." She pats her baby bump slowly and Kabir closes his eyes as Neil and I laugh.

"Anyway, you guys stay here tonight, please."

"Uh, no." Neil looks at me and back to Sara.

"Why not?" She frowns. "You don't have to worry I'll give one room to you guys."

"But we have to--"

She interrupts Neil. "You can mess the bed as well." She says abruptly.

"Yeah, that we will--" Neil frowns. "Wait, what?"

"Geez." I put my hand on my mouth as I laugh.

"You can mess the bed as well," Kabir repeats for Neil as he laughs in between.

"Like mess the bed?" Neil arches an eyebrow. "No, thanks, we will go."

"Now what's the problem?" Sara rolls her eyes.

"I don't think you guys need protection but if you need Kabir will give you one." She shrugs.

"What? It isn't like I have stored them, please." Kabir rolls his eyes.

"Oh, yeah! He hasn't even used it." She sighs.

"God!" Neil holds his head.

"Sara, you gotta stop my friend." I laugh.

"There is something called privacy." Kabir shakes his head in disbelief.

"What kind of privacy?" She keeps her hand on her hip as she rolls her eyes. "It's common."

"We have done what they have done. Avni was pregnant a few years ago and I am pregnant now." She shrugs peacefully.

"It's better we stop it here." Neil shakes his head as holds my hand.

"Right. She won't stop." Kabir nods.

"See you guys tomorrow." Neil drags me with him.

"Bye." I turn around and wave at them. Kabir waves back while Sara keeps looking at us with a frown.

"Sara is unbelievable." Neil sighs as we sit in the car. "How was it meeting her?"

"It was amazing." I grin. "And she is amazing."

"Hats off to Kabir for sticking along with her." He laughs starting the car.

"She isn't that bad. Besides, she said me Kabir was the one who fell in love first and he was the one following her around."

"Well, he fell for her stupidity." He chuckles.

I sigh as I look out of the window before I drop a text to Zar and Myra asking them to join us tomorrow.

"This is all so weird but I love it," I tell Neil as he drives.

"What's weird?" He glances at me.

"Meeting people who know me and I don't know them." I shrug.

"Everyone will be known to you as time goes on and it wouldn't be weird anymore." He assures as he pulls into the driveway.

He looks in the backseat and grins, I frown at him.

"You know I really love my children." He unbuckles his seatbelt as he comes closer to me. "But I also love that they are not around now."

I close my eyes as he rests his hand on the window behind me and keeps his other hand on my cheek.

"Because I can kiss you." He whispers over my lips before he kisses me.

I keep my hand at the back of his neck as I kiss him back with the same passion and love.

"We'll get in first." He pulls away and unbuttons his shirt. We get out of the car and I fan my cheeks feeling hot.

"So, Sara was right we are messing the bed tonight." I laugh as we walk in.

"You can say that." He laughs throwing his shirt on the couch.

❊❊

How was it?

I don't know what were your expectations on this particular chapter but this is how it came out.

How were Kabir and Sara?

I hope you enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 4.7K 24
Be it any type of relationship there would always be unconditional love for the people u care for and that is avneil lets see how they realise their...
26.3K 4.1K 66
Avni lives her life totally in the dark shade. she was tortured and harassed by her family physically and mentally. Even her father and mother hate h...
37K 4.8K 26
This story is about two people who have some past. Both faced something in their life and because of that they become heartless. Book cover: @adorabl...
37.6K 4.8K 17
Imperfect yet perfect relation. Abnormal for world but normal for them. She was darkness, he was light. She was sadness, he became her happiness...