Divinity || Draco Malfoy

By icecubewater

Averie Wilson is an aspiring fashion student. Draco Malfoy is a top designer and CEO of his own well known f... More

Casting
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35

33

1.9K 82 100
By icecubewater

Monday morning rolled around as it did every week—tiring, dreary, inescapable. Only today it felt almost exhilarating for Averie. It meant she got to see Draco again.

It had only been a mere day since she arrived back home from their date, but she missed him. She missed his touch, his warmth, his safety. She had never felt that way before, and truthfully this undiscovered feeling of attachment frightened her. She was in it deep now, she had to start accepting that. Averie could only hope Draco had felt the same otherwise she would be stuck in the trenches all alone.

The sky was an iridescent blue with not a cloud overhead. It reminded her of his eyes, so vibrant.

Everything was starting to remind her of Draco—the sky, the breeze, the way her heels clicked along the cobblestone as she walked nearer to her destination. It seemed like a lifetime ago since she last stepped in through the Mature Divinity building's glass doors, though it had only been the length of a regular weekend.

She wondered how he had the power to pause time like that. Or perhaps they really were just in a different dimension.

Averie wore casual jeans with a light sweater, not needing to impress anyone today. Though her thighs still burned with every step she took, in a way she didn't mind. It was the reminder of why they felt so sore. Flashbacks kept coming back, hitting her as fast as lightning. The shower, his bed, his couch. Everything.

As Averie stepped into the elevator, she pondered how she was going to act around him now? How would she react to him? Or even greater—how would he react to her.

She supposed she would have to ignore him in case she lost control of her words or actions. She didn't want anyone in the office to know about them yet. Didn't want it to be known that she was completely obsessed with her boss now. It might create problems.

How would she even concentrate on getting the work done?

She hadn't even thought of the actual work she needed to get done, it completely slipped her mind. She was still working on the midnight themed collection, and now she had to sew together every sketched piece. That was one of her favorite parts of designing—seeing everything come together so perfectly and knowing it was because of her that it became tangible, wearable, sexy.

As she stepped onto the all too familiar yet distant floors of the office, Averie caught sight of her friends looming over one of the office windows. She heard them giggling about whatever scene was below them and she became curious herself.

"Good morning guys," she said from behind the two.

The redhead jumped, obviously not expecting for Averie to be there.

"Evie! Look at this!" Zara grabbed her arm and pulled her to look out the window.

It took Averie a while to find what she and Lucas were laughing about, but she couldn't deny the sight as her eyes focused below the city.

"What am I looking at?"

"That dog riding a skateboard! And then he went to some man who was eating and stole his food, went right back to skateboarding," Lucas then explained.

Averie was more than confused.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Ugh Evie you didn't see the whole thing," Zara rolled her eyes. "I wish my dog knew how to skateboard. He can barely even remember how to sit."

"He probably takes after you," Lucas said.

"Hey!"

This was a very typical morning, Averie thought as she laughed her way to her desk. She pulled out the sketches from her drawer, all neat and in order from last Friday.

Friday.

Her dazed mind brought her right back to the night—Again. It seemed to be permanent.

"Is Malfoy here yet?" she cautiously asked, not looking up from her desk.

"Nope, he was supposed to be here early for a meeting but no one's seen him," Lucas offhandedly said.

"Oh."

He missed a meeting? That wasn't like him.

Averie had a horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach. What if she was the reason?

What if he wanted to avoid her? Could he have regretted their whole weekend together?

As if she had manifested him into the building, Draco suddenly appeared through the elevator doors walking in as suavely as ever. He was dressed in his usual getup with black jeans and a black turtleneck sweater. She wondered if it was to hide her marks left on his pale neck.

She waited for him to look up at her but that moment never came. Draco simply walked straight into his office, without acknowledging anyone in the office, without saying a word, and slammed the door.

Averie was then sure there was a problem.

Her heart rate sped up tenfold, hands jittering on her bouncing leg. What did she do now?

Was he just fooling her? Playing with her? Or maybe she was overthinking yet again—god please let that be it.

She let the fabric of her designs distract her from the wandering countless thoughts and possibilities. For now she was at work, she couldn't get distracted yet again by him, or what possibly happened now.

But what happened?

A few hours later Averie decided to take her lunch break.

She knew she needed some downtime when her hands were getting numbly sore from all the sewing. She didn't mind the burn—she never did—but she was only finished with two pieces so far, and as it was still early in the day she knew she needed to preserve the nerves in her hands.

She was loitering in the office kitchen, away from everyone else and just watching the city of London live from above. Cars sped through, citizens walked left and right to hurry to whatever destination they had to be. Averie thought it to be so strangely wonderous how everyone had their own lives, thoughts, feelings, problems.

Everyone had their fair share. That made her feel slightly better about her own.

She was lost in thought—which was nothing new— when she felt a hand tickling her neck, pushing the stray hair away from her face. Naturally her body jolted of unexpected surprise, spinning around faster than she could process. To her utter confusion it was none other than Draco. Though it wasn't really a confusion.

"Draco," she gasped.

"Hello, Darling."

His large framed body stood close to hers as if it were on instinct. He gazed adoringly at her lips, almost instantly heating her blood up behind her face. Her voice barely projected.

"What are you doing here?"

Dracos lip curled up, "I work here."

That comment alone made her eyes roll, coupled with the fact that he had ignored her all this morning. There wasn't much attention he could give without them being in private but something would have satisfied her cravings. Was she being unreasonable?

She turned back to the window.

"I thought you were ignoring me," she said quietly, painfully.

"What?"

She knew she was probably being annoying—she was even annoying herself in her mind. But could she blame herself? Could anyone blame her? Draco Malfoy was painted in hell. He was evil in the most beautiful and blissful ways and now that she had fallen in his traps there was no clarity. She was blinded. Could anyone blame her for thinking their relationship was another one of his traps, his jokes? After what had happened in the past, she didn't know what could be real anymore.

"Averie," he emphasized. "Look at me."

She sighed, but shyly met his eyes again. His perfect eyes.

"I thought you didn't want anyone to know yet," he said, the tone ringing almost like a question.

"I—I don't but I just...I thought you were going to avoid me now," she shamefully looked down. "I don't know."

"You want my attention?" he reached up to lightly grasp her chin, tilting her face to his so she was forced to look at him. His gaze was sweet, reassuring. It gave Averie all the information she needed. And her lips couldn't help but slightly tug upward at the absurdity of her overthinking. Draco was here.

"I'm not going anywhere," he said as if he was reading her thoughts, before leaning in to capture her plush lips between his in a gentle kiss.

Averie was sure she would melt from the soft intensity.

When Draco left the kitchen after wordlessly promising to not just ignore her again, Averie knew it was time to get back to her sewing. She worked up the nerve to go back to the office by telling herself she could spy on Draco if he ever came out of his damned office.

Her anxiety whisked away by the few careful words Draco whispered to her, Averie came back to the main office in a much happier mood than before. She felt free to let her mind wander—to Draco, his words, his physical attributes that were godly and hard to ignore.

She resumed her work at peace, with only one person on her mind.

A couple glances to her left made Averie aware of her co-workers stares, as hard as the clever redhead tried to conceal it. She chose to ignore it, knowing that if Zara had something on her mind it would come out sooner than later.

And just like she thought—Zara's voice soothed in ears just a few minutes later. "So Averie...You wanna tell me what happened this weekend?"

The girl in question gave a suspicious side eye at Zara, her heart beating just a bit faster at her vague question. "What?" Averie asked nonchalantly.

Zara scanned her curious eyes at Averie head to toe from her lounge chair, "You're glowing. You had sex, didn't you?"

"I noticed it the second you walked in," she said with a smirk when Averie failed to argue against her accusation.

"Actually you were busy looking at that street dog," she scoffed.

Zara's eyes rolled, "Averie, come on."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

The black office door swung open to reveal Draco, easily captivating Averie's attention. He came out distracted, fixing the sleeves of his shirt. When they were supposedly up to his satisfaction, his eyes found her and cautiously gave her a private smile, to which she reciprocated. And she watches him suavely leave the office again.

Averie forgot to notice the conversation she was just having, and how she was basically undressing Draco with her eyes right now. She turned back to Zara leaned fully back in her chair, with an over satisfied grin on her face.

"I am so fucking happy right now."

There was no way she didn't piece it together, so Averie had to make sure she wouldn't blab all over the office to Lucas. The last thing she needed was for Pansy to find out and try to sabotage her whole career again.

"Zara please keep it quiet right now, please," she nearly begged. "We don't want anyone to know."

"Oh? So there is a 'we' now?" she smirked again. "You have to tell me how."

Averie knew she would never let this rest until hearing details of how this relationship came to be. So the tale was carefully told—how Draco one day after breaking up with Theo, called her in his office and apologized, even confessing that he liked her. How he had asked her out on a date just last week. And how just a few days prior to this moment, they went out on a beautiful date. The best date.

Averie made sure to only tell it in minuscule, knowing how vulnerable Draco was and how he could barely show it to her. Telling those parts of him would be a violation of his pride and soul. She certainly didn't want to break his trust.

So she let Zara imagine the rest.

"Wow," she shook her head as if it was the last thing that could ever happen.

Though from the way she saw everything—it probably was. From Zara's perspective the two hated each other, stayed as far away as possible. Then one day here they are—dating.

Everything happened in privacy—the way the two liked it.

"I can only imagine what damage he did to you," she said with the same mischievous smirk as before, as she was eyeing a spot on Averies neck. It took her a second to realize it was a bite mark left from Draco—one she probably didn't know was there. Her blush answered for her.

"Please keep it quiet, Zara. You're the only one who knows. No one needs to know, Okay?"

"Yeah, yeah...I still can't believe this. Even though I predicted it would, remember that?"

"No."

"Well I do."

"Well I wish you'd stop talking about it now. It's not that big of a deal."

"Well it is a huge deal but whatever. You're dating Draco Malfoy."

Averie stopped responding after that.

Was she?

Was she dating Draco Malfoy?

They hadn't talked about what they were yet. She didn't want things to move too quickly, to be so overwhelming. She never thought she would be ready to date so seriously, but she couldn't ignore the swarm of butterflies she felt from hearing those few words from Zara. You're dating Draco Malfoy. They'd been on one date, and were on good terms. Until Draco makes a move to show he wants to date her, she would let things be for now, let the winds blow naturally to see where it would take her.

There was only one place she wanted to be whisked away to.

Averie finished another two pieces before night fell, which was less than her normal pace. Her mind seemingly got distracted by the littlest things today—as if it was completely left in another dimension.

She kept spotting Pansy trying to sneak her way into Draco's office, most of the time her attempts failed with the door being locked anyways. The few times she had managed to get in, she didn't even have time to shut the door behind her before being yelled out to leave.

That poor, desperate girl, Averie kept saying to herself each time.

Of course Pansy Parkinson didn't lay off of her usual insults, constantly nagging Averie about how she was sewing wrong, how ugly her pieces were, how Averie looked—which she didn't really understand because she looked fine today, even better than usual she could say.

Averie of course knew to ignore her and when the rude girl finally got frustrated, she went back to Dracos office door to repeat the cycle. It was a wonder why she was still here as an assistant if not even Draco could stand her.

Averie supposed she would ask him about this later.

She had only seen the mystery blonde three times today—when he walked into the office, when he startled her in the kitchen, and when he stared right through her with those damn eyes of his. Dare she say that it was starting to get unbearable being in the same room as him and not even being able to look at him.

So Averie got up, muttering to Zara about how she had to ask Draco a question about the collection. She knew Zara saw straight through her lies, but what else could she do?

Averie brought her sketchbook with her to seem less conspicuous, taking careful strides to his office door, which was cracked open the slightest bit.

Averie heard hushed whispers of one voice, and decided to curiously peering in through the space.

None other than the malicious Pansy Parkinson was rubbing Dracos torso, pushed up from behind his chair where he idly sat. The sight made Averie's vision blurry.

"...been so long, Draco. Parts of me are missing you," Pansy pouts with try hard doey sex eyes that physically made Averie want to gag.

She bit the inside of her lip to ground herself from the raging jealousy crawling up her throat. Why wasn't he stopping her? What was going on?

Before she could think too much, Draco roughly shoved her arm off and stood up, his facial expression obviously mad.

"Fuck off, Parkinson. If you want to keep this job I expect you'll leave right now."

She scoffs. "I don't get why you're so uptight all of a sudden. Honestly we had good times."

"Parkinson, get it through your pathetic little head that I don't like you. Nothing will ever happen between us again so why don't you just fuck off, yeah?

Averie nearly forgot how harsh he naturally was, forgot what it was like to be on the receiving end. And it was harsh. Pansy definitely deserved it though, Averie thought as Draco swiftly glided towards the door away from the annoying girl behind her.

Her heart stopped at the moment his eyes met hers through the little crack of the door. His own widened, obviously not expecting to see her right there, witnessing everything. Before she could read his expression or he read hers, Pansy shoved in front of him to shove the door open.

She ran right into Averie, scoffing in disgust as her body collided.

"Wilson," she sneered. "Were you spying on us? Wish you got to him before I did?"

Here we go again, Averie rolled her eyes.

"...you do know that prudes aren't welcome in his office don't you?" Pansy said proudly, as if that was the best insult she could scavenge her mind for.

"Didn't you say just last week that I was a whore?" Averie raised her brows to fake confusion. "Make up your mind already."

She turned to walk away from the useless scene when Pansy spoke again. "At least i'm not kept here because my boss just wants a good fuck," she looked Averie up and down, "well...an okay fuck at most."

Averie glared daggers at her when no response came to mind. Little did she even know how good it actually was.

Pansy crossed her arms with a satisfied expression on her face and opened her mouth once more, but it was not her shrill voice that was heard.

"Parkinson, I suggest you walk away now," he said in the deathly deep tone of his when he was angry.

But she didn't.

"Why? So you two can go at it again just like in Milan? Bet that was a very cozy affair, Wilson."

Draco slowly backed away in the direction of the elevators leaving Averie alone and she was ready to physically fight Pansy because no words would do as much damage as she would like...but Draco seemed to have better ideas.

Before either fired up girl could say or do anything else, the elevator chimed. Apparently Draco had pushed it when he was walking back there. He had snatched Averies arm and pulled her behind him into the elevator doors. His back obscured her view from Pansy and the office, but it was definitely a much better sight to see anyway. Averie couldn't complain.

"I told you once Parkinson to fuck off and if I tell you again, you won't have a job," Draco cooly said in perfect timing.

And the elevator doors closed with a ding.

A/N

omg it's been a whole month oooops

SORRY FOR THE WAIT I JUST WAS UNMOTIVATED AND BUSY but here u go for now pls don't leave me ;(

adore u always

-hay🔮

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771 11 8
Draco Malfoy, the heir to the Malfoy Lineage is to be married to the Dark Lord. As one might suspect Draco is not quite happy about his current pred...
789 3 25
They Say Clothes Maketh the Man but this Reporter says that Clothes Maketh the Witch as well. Pansy Parkinson has outdone herself with this fashion l...
304K 6.9K 37
Olivia Dagon had expected many things from her final two years at Hogwarts, but falling in love with the boy she had grown to hate since 1st year was...