Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

By AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... More

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 40: Disbelief
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 42: Christmas Eve
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 69: Endgame
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 72: "Out of Time."
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 62: Vanaheim

385 10 6
By AislynMarie_

The trip back was quiet. Natasha stared down at the orange rock in the palm of her hand. You looked over as you piloted the ship, dreading the way home.

Your eyes trailed from her tearful eyes then to the orange rock. You cleared your throat as you looked away, to your lap then up out of the ships front window.

"She saved our lives." Natasha whispered. You nodded. Avoiding her gaze.

"She envied life." You say back. A sigh following your statement.

You grew remorse for the woman. She only wanted what everyone was already granted.

Life.

A normal, carefree life. In which was stolen from her. For the greater good.

You could only imagine what she was thinking when she watched the both of you fight, for your lives.

It took about an hour and a half to make it back to earth. Natasha stumbles out of the back of the ship.

The stone gathered in the palm of her hand, she turns to you and she drops the stone in your hand. She sadly walks away.

You look down at the stone in your hand, it glowed brightly in the palm of your hand. You closed your palm, encasing the stone.

Determined to not lose the stupid rock.

As you both got out, many others gathered outside in a rush. Wanda and Clint embrace Natasha. Your eyes catch one in particular.

"Y/n-" his voice sounded sad.

Tired almost.

As you walk slowly to the tall, blonde man, you embrace him.

"Thor..." you whisper as his arms wrap around you. He closes his eyes and deeply sighs. As you pull away, you pull your hand to the middle of the both of you.

You open the palm of your hand, showing Thor the Soul Stone. His brows furrow and he meets your gaze. In which you look away.

Ashamed.

He rubs your shoulders, before embracing you once more.

"It was pointless." You whisper. Thor releases you. "I need to go to Vanaheim." You say as you pull away. His brows furrow and his eyes narrowed.

"Vanaheim?" He questions. You nod and he looks around as if he was trying to fit the pieces together.

He grabs ahold of your hand and guided you back to Lokis room. You look back to the rest of the team, as Thor dragged you away.

As he rushes in Lokis room, he goes to the pile of books stacked on his desk.

"Hey! Don't- Thor don't move those!" You shout at him. He doesn't listen and continues to shuffle through the books.

He pulls one out and smiles down at it. He flips open the book and lands on a single page, flipping it to read the back of the page. He points a finger on the page.

"There." He says, he hands you the book, keeping his finger on the page.

You grasp the hard leather backed book and begin to read aloud.

"Vanaheim, one of the largest of the nine realms." You whisper. Scanning your fingers over the rough pages.

You notice parts of the pages had been underlined, circled and marked. As your fingers ran over the markings, you read the few of them out loud.

One in particular made you smile.

"To the end of the nine realms." You whispered. A small smile fled to your lips.

"Vanaheim is known to be one of the least populated planets within space. Mainly holding nature and it's exotic animals." Thor says. Your gaze looks up from the pages.

You smiled. "To the end of the nine realms..." you whisper again. It finally clicked.

Loki didn't mean every planet within the nine realms. He meant the planet furthest from the rest of them. A planet for the both of you.

Thors grasp fell upon your shoulder. Breaking you from your thoughts. A smile on his lips.

"Loki may be unwise, but he is smarter than you think." He says. Thor looked to the stone in your hand.

"The stones that Thanos used during the attack, they couldn't have been from this time." He whispered, his arms reached up, his hands resting on your shoulders. Your brows furrow.

"Because Loki had them first."

Your eyes widened as Thor tells you this.

"Wh- how?" You utter. Thor looked back to the book.

"We formed a plan." He says confidently. "The night we got you back to Earth, I couldn't understand his behavior." Thor continued.

"Y/n- Asgard wasn't Helas Achor." He says. You furrow your brows. Your gaze meets his.

"You were." He says quietly. A tear falls to your cheek. How could no one have told you.

Why didn't anyone tell you?

"What?" You shakily ask. Your voice was quiet, confused.

"When Hela died, your heart stopped. You were unconscious and unstable for months..." Thor says, as he continues to speak, his words become whispers.

"And then you lived y/n. Somehow- you survived." Thor says, he too was confused as to how you could have possibly lived.

"When Loki found out, he knew Thanos would come for you." Thor says. You shake your head at him. "No...you're lying-"

"So he came to me." He whispered over your words. You shake your head as your eyes fill with tears.

"He hid the stones he collected in Vanaheim." He says quietly.

"I didn't think he was successful..." Thor says quietly. He seemed to be thinking.

"He hadn't informed me of his findings." Thor finally finished. You wipe your cheeks of the drying tears.

It all made sense.

"So only I'd know where to find them..." you whisper as you look back to the book.

"At the end of the nine realms." As your eyes, saddened, you close the hard leather back book and set it back down on Loki's desk.

You sit down on his bed, putting your hands to your head and resting it in them.

"How many stones?" You ask as you peer up from your lap, to Thor.

He shrugged. "I'm not certain if any..." He says in a whisper. You nod and look back at the floor.

"It looks like we have some information to go over." You say as you begin to stand up. Thor places a hand to your chest, stopping you in your tracks.

"Get some sleep." He says. You look to him and the guiltily look away. He knew.

"How can I sleep knowing the stones are out there, and I can-"

Thor falters slightly. "You haven't slept in four days. Get some sleep and we can talk it over in the morning." He waits for you to nod. In which you unfold your arms and roll your eyes at him.

You pull back the covers of Loki's bed. And as you turn to Thor, he smiles in amusement.

"Goodnight my Queen." He bows sarcastically and exits the room, closing the door behind him.

You slowly crawl into Loki's bed, the satin green sheets were cold, but comforting. Reminding you of his cold touch.

You pull the black duvet over your shoulders, taking in Lokis scent which still lingered on the coverings. You slowly closed your eyes.

Taking in his fading scent.

After a few minutes you grew irritated. Unable to sleep. Your mind was clouded with thoughts and 'what if's' so, like any normal person would, you pulled back the covers, slowly opening the bedroom door and you tiptoe to the training room.

As you get there quietly, you enter. Your eyes meet with none other than Natasha, and Wanda.

Natasha was in the ring with Wanda, training. You lock eyes with the both of them. You quietly close the door, and pace over to them.

They get out of the ring, going under the boxing rings ropes. And taking off their bandages on their hands.

"You too huh?" Natasha asks as you walk over to them quickly. As your pace doesn't slow Natasha looks up, seeing the urgency on your face.

"Woah what's wrong?" Natasha asks as she furrows her brows at you. Wanda looks up, seeing you rush over.

"I have to tell you something." You say as you reach the both of them. "Okay...we're listening." Wanda says as she placed a reassuring hand to your shoulder.

"I have to go to Vanaheim." You whisper. Their eyes narrow slightly in confusion.

"Alone."

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 4.1K 36
"do you ever regret meeting me?", he asked quietly. "no, why would i?" "because now, our souls are intertwined, you're linked to me." "loki, if i was...
289K 10.7K 121
You stuck by him through thick and thin, often leaving Thor's side to help him. You knew him to every last detail, the way he walked, talked, the way...
4.7K 203 7
You've been assigned as Loki's handler and things have been going very well. Almost too well, actually...you find out that Loki has fallen for you an...
1.2K 172 26
She wasn't ready to live alone yet, but with the unfortunate passing off her parents, Arwyn is forced to brave a world she wasn't quite ready for now...