Pink in the Night.

By madd_libbs

In which the anxiety and excitement of the teenage experience are captured. Book Three of the Party Police Se... More

Info.
Year Five - Goblet of Fire
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Chapter Thirty-Three.
Chapter Thirty-Four.
Chapter Thirty-Five.
Chapter Thirty-Six.
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight.
Chapter Thirty-Nine.
Chapter Forty-One.
Chapter Forty-Two.
Chapter Forty-Three.
Chapter Forty-Four.
Chapter Forty-Five.
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven.
Chapter Forty-Eight.
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One.
Chapter Fifty-Two.
Chapter Fifty-Three.
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five.
Chapter Fifty-Six.
Chapter Fifty-Seven.
Fin and Book Four.

Chapter Forty.

830 61 19
By madd_libbs

"Stop that," (Y/n) huffed, pushing George's camera down.

"But (Y/n)," George whined. "I've got a video project about the lives of Muggle-borns."

"You're the fifth person to ask me! My answer is: no!" (Y/n) exclaimed, exasperated. She snapped her script shut and stood up to leave.

"Fifth? Really? That makes me feel very uncreative," George mumbled. "Who?"

"Angelina, Cedric, Lee, and Fred," (Y/n) huffed.

"Well... Great minds think alike," George said. "What'd you tell them?"

"Come back to me with separate ideas and an actual plan and then we'll talk," (Y/n) answered.

"(Y/n), I don't think they told you what the project was about," George said.

"Is it not a video essay about Muggle things?" (Y/n) asked.

"No! It's a 'week in a Muggle-born's life' or something like that," George said. "Hang on, I've got very bad assignment details somewhere in here..."

"I do not want to be the Muggle-born of choice!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "There are dozens you could take a pick from and I'm not one of them!"

"(Y/n)!" George whined. "You're our favourite Muggle-born: Hermione's boring, Leanne's shy, Anthony's... pretty decent, actually... so is Dean..."

"(Y/n)!" Angelina sang as she strode up. "I've got a game plan!"

"Already?" (Y/n) smiled. "Ange, it's been fifteen minutes."

"Hm. I guess my mind's really flowing with creative juices." George and (Y/n) made faces.

"Never say that again please."

"Understood."

The last thing (Y/n) expected was for the video projects to be presented to anybody who would watch them. (Y/n) was the most common Muggle-born showing up and for entirely different moods each time: Cedric's video was very pleasing to look at, Angelina's was chaotic, Lee's was very chill, and Fred and George's separate videos were all over the place.

"There are supposed to be four eclipses this year," video (Y/n) was telling Cedric, who had the camera on her. The moonlight had lit her and her very ugly geometric cardigan (that was buttoned up) that she managed to pull off up just perfectly. "Two in April, two in October— Don't look at me like that. Eclipses are a very real thing, Cedric."

"Uh-huh. Just like wingless dragons are real," Cedric jeered.

"Wingless drag— Dinosaurs? You mean dinosaurs?!" There was very clearly a cut and (Y/n), just her hands and torso and atrocious sweater visible, held tiny plastic dinosaurs in her hands. "You're going to tell me these aren't real?"

"Those are toys, (Y/n)."

"And?" (Y/n) said. "Their toys based off of concepts that are based off of bones that potentially go together and from 'wingless dragons' as you called them. You're going to tell me that dragons are more believable than prehistoric creatures roaming the earth some 65 billion years ago?"

"Too many big words."

"They move, Ced! Watch them go," (Y/n) cooed as the dragons moved in her hands (occasionally biting her with their nonexistent teeth).

"Where'd you even get these?"

"I think Harry got them as an ironic gift, but I love them," (Y/n) said. "I, naturally, named them all after him."

"They're all named Harry?"

"No. Just one."

"Wha—"

"And this one's Hazisaurus, this little guy is Bambi, this one's—"

From the Gryffindor table, Harry deadpanned over at (Y/n), who was still watching the video with amusement. Ron and Hermione were cackling in glee. Angelina's video was not long after Cedric's.

"Hello. I'm (Y/n) (Y/l/n) and this is Angelina Johnson and in this video essay, we'll be—" The camera that was once directed at both of them (with the library in the background) was immediately brought off the table and angled up at Angelina.

"No, no, (Y/n)," said Angelina. "We aren't doing a video essay."

"But I want to do a video essay."

"We can't," Angelina insisted, moving the camera back and forth between them based off of whoever was talking.

"But I want to talk about my—" The video was cut off.

"Hey, (Y/n), I was hoping we could—" Angelina cut herself off as video (Y/n) strode right past her, looking very determined and holding a shovel. "Where are you going?" she asked, jogging after (Y/n).

"Pulling a Benjamin Franklin."

"Who? Who's that?" Angelina shouted, picking her pace up. (Y/n) came to an abrupt halt and beamed at Angelina.

"He was a Founding Father in the United States and is very known for discovering electricity with a kite, a key, and lightning," (Y/n) explained before turning and continuing her quick strides. "Electricity is, like, lightbulbs, batteries, toasters, vacuums, and electric eels. Electricity is probably something too complicated for your simple wizard minds to understand—"

"(Y/n)!"

"Not you, of course, Ange," (Y/n) said. "But honestly, wizards are so stupid. They could have invented lightbulbs, plumbing, electricity, all that jazz centuries before Muggles, but no. They're so lazy that they rely on Muggles to do all the work for them! And then they have the audacity to hate on them as if everything they know isn't Muggle-made!"

"Go off, queen," Angelina hyped off before turning the camera back onto herself, her smile fading into more of a concerned one. "That girl has a death wish... Future Angelina, edit that out— OH MERLIN, (Y/N)! WHAT'RE YOU DOING?!" she shrieked.

"I told you, I'm dancing with lightning today!"

"NO!"

"STRIKE ME, ZEUS! LIGHT UP THE SKY— AND ME— YOU COWARD!"

"(Y/N)!" Angelina shrieked right as, off-camera, there was a huge flash of light. Angelina's mouth fell open in horror as (Y/n) cursed at the sky. 

Exasperation crossed Professor McGonagall's face from the teacher's table and it only grew as the video progressed. She sent (Y/n) a very disapproving look.

"Every day I test just how far my prefect privileges go," (Y/n) said. Cho burst into laughter and Padma shook her head in amusement. 

"While everyone else is staging scenarios, I thought it'd be best to get (Y/n) in her natural habitat," Lee whispered to the camera before zooming in on a distant Cho and (Y/n), walking side by side, their hands occasionally brushing. "Very rare to see her so calm..." The camera zoomed in on their hands. He made a sound of annoyance. "JUST HOLD HANDS! IT'S NOT THAT BLOODY HARD!" he bellowed. Alarmed, (Y/n) and Cho looked around. There was a loud swear from Lee before the camera cut into a new clip. "(Y/n)—"

"My life's a movie and I'm an extra," (Y/n) said miserably as she walked straight past Lee.

"I— Okay, gal pal!" Lee shouted, waving after her.

"I don't like you." The clip changed yet again.

"We're here! Two of the school's best sources for news AND two of Hogwarts' hottest b" There was a bleep over Lee's voice before he held a peace sign up at the camera. (Y/n) blew a kiss at the camera. Her legs were propped up onto the library table she and Lee were at. They were crossed for she wore a corduroy skirt. "Two pretty best friends."

"The prettiest," a voice agreed off camera.

"Thanks," Lee said, nodding awkwardly at whoever was behind the camera. (Y/n) waited for the person to pass before bursting into quiet laughter. "That isn't funny."

"'Thanks.' You're so confident until someone compliments you," (Y/n) said.

"Same for you!"

"I do not get flustered!" (Y/n) protested

"That's the biggest lie you've ever told."

"The biggest lie I've ever told is—" There was a beeping sound as (Y/n) talked and Lee's eyes slowly grew wider. In yellow text, there was text in parenthesis: (I'm not snitching).

"Oh Merlin, (Y/n)," Lee said after (Y/n) was done talking. "Unexpected from— No, I can't call you 'Little Miss Perfect,' can I?" (Y/n)'s eyes twinkled. "Anyways, tell me what you were going to say before I started recording."

"Edit it out, though," (Y/n) requested. Lee did not edit it out but he did put elevator music in replacement to the audio. As (Y/n) talked, her wand and a knitting needle, already with a knitted project on them, hovered in the air beside her, continuing the project. The clip zoomed in on the knitting project and then on Lee's face and went back and forth for a solid five seconds.
(Y/n)'s head whipped around, frantically searching the area. Then she gave Lee a cold stare.
"Don't scare me like that!" she scolded. And then her eyes fell on someone. "Who's that? Is that Harry? What's he doing here?"

"Harry? Where?" Lee asked, searching around. He picked up the camera and showed off all of the empty tables in the area. "You're bloody insa—" There was a loud shriek as one of the chairs suddenly slid out of its place before being pushed back under the table.

"How the..." Padma trailed off. "Always knew the library's haunted."

"This castle is haunted, Padma..."

"How pretty," (Y/n) mumbled, staring up at the stars.

"They're just large balls of gas," Fred scoffed, turning the camera onto a now angry (Y/n).

"You don't have to ruin everything—"

"But never as large as my love for you."

"Oh my— My night's ruined. I can't believe you had me stop patrolling to stargaze with you only to FLIRT with me. I'm going back to patrolling and you'll be lucky if I don't take House points!" (Y/n) huffed.

"You never take House points!" Fred exclaimed in between laughs. "You're too nice for that!"

"Two points from Gryffindor! And it'll continue for every second you're out of your common room!" (Y/n) shouted. Fred genuinely looked terrified in the camera and very quickly scurried off towards Gryffindor Tower. The clip cut into another.

"You know, I find it extremely sexist that I'm suddenly not in a private relationship and your attitudes changed," (Y/n) said in the clip. "I mean... it's like you don't respect me enough not to hit on me but you do respect me having a boyfriend enough not to hit on me."

"It's not like that," Ron winced. Fred made a face at the camera.

"Where was this pleasant attitude four months ago, hm, Ronald?" (Y/n) said coolly. "It's not hard, you know? To swallow your women-respect-pills or drink your women-respect-juice—" Hermione giggled "—I mean, look at Neville: drinking his women-respect-juice by the minute and he's got a better chance at getting a partner than all of you combined—"

"Ouch," Harry mumbled.

"Same goes to you, Harold! Wouldn't hurt to just drink a little more and see me as a human and not a walking pair of—" The clip changed yet again.

From the Gryffindor table, (Y/n) caught Neville with a very red face, hiding his face in his hands. Finally, George's video came.

"Valentine's day is just a consumerist holiday that serves no purpose other than driving people insane in order to get their partner's heart-shaped candies—"

"I have chocolate, flowers, a teddy bear, and I wrote you a poem," Cassius said off-camera. George, deadpanning, turned the camera to show his very frustrated face indeed.

"Did you?" (Y/n)'s voice cracked. "Oh, Cassius, they're beautiful. Valentine's my favourite holiday, you know—"

"Wha— Just two seconds ago you were saying—" George began.

"Nothing! I was saying nothing of importance!" (Y/n) interrupted highly.

"Well, now I wish to know," Cassius said.

"Just about how much I love Valentine's day because I get an entire day to spoil you with love!"

"You do that every day. And you can do it every day—" The clip cut, now showing the same George and (Y/n) bickering in hushed voices. The camera was angled downwards.

"What was that?" George hissed.

"Me?! What was that? You almost ruined his day!"

"ME? I almost ruined his day? I didn't even know you two were back on speaking terms!"

"Well— Yes, we really talked things out," (Y/n) said. "Like really talked things out. I nearly missed Astronomy because of it— Don't tell Professor Sinistra that. Her opinion of me means very much to me." George showed his exasperated expression before the clip changed again.

"I know what I should have done," said Harry, resting, face-down on Saucy Tricks for Tricky Sorts. "I should've learned to be an Animagus like Sirius."

"Yeah, you could've turned into a goldfish any time you wanted!" said Ron.

"That's not how it works," (Y/n) huffed.

"It takes years to become an Animagus—" (Y/n) cleared her throat and Hermione shot her a pointed look "—besides (Y/n), who was under Dumbledore's watch. Then, you have to register yourself and everything. Professor McGonagall told us, remember... you've got to register yourself with the Improper Use of Magic Office... what animal you become, and your markings, so you can't abuse it..."

"Hermione, I was joking," said Harry wearily. "I know I haven't got a chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning..."

"Bubble-Head Charm," (Y/n) said smoothly when Hermione slammed the textbook she was looking through shut. "Everybody knows it. I'm sure at least one of the champions is using it."

"Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?" Hermione murmured, entirely ignoring (Y/n).

"I wouldn't mind," said Fred. "Be a talking point, wouldn't it?"
The four looked up, finding Fred and George had just emerged from behind some bookshelves.

"Looking for you," said George. "McGonagall wants you, Ron, Hermione, and (Y/n)."

"Why?" said Hermione, looking surprised.

"Dunno... she was looking a bit grim, though," said Fred.

"We're supposed to take you down to her office," said George.
Ron and Hermione stared at Harry, who felt his stomach drop. (Y/n) gave Harry a hopeful look before going to the twins.

"We'll meet you back in the common room," Hermione told Harry as she got up to go with Ron. "Bring as many of these books as you can, okay?"

"Right," said Harry uneasily.

"Wonder what we're needed for," Ron said.

"She probably saw us helping Harry..." Hermione said anxiously.

"Not me. You guys stay safe, though," (Y/n) said, resulting in a rough nudge from Hermione. "Who knows? Maybe we're the important item the champions need to find," she giggled as though it were to most ridiculous thing in the world. Hermione, however, grew more anxious.

"We'll be... underwater? Meant to be found before we drown?" she squeaked. 

"It's a joke, Hermione. Lighten up," (Y/n) huffed. "As if actual humans would be the things the champions need to find!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 200 15
you found me in my dark times and brought me to the light
8.3K 64 25
We will be writing different situations with the characters of Harry Potter **I do not own any other the characters in here. These are all characters...
56K 760 111
โ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™จ, ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™จ. ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™˜๐™–๐™ก๐™ฎ๐™ฅ๐™จ๐™š.โž *new hp instagram, not related to any of the previous ones*