Control โ€ข Stiles Stilinski [2]

By tomietoni

An Alpha pack arrives in Beacon Hills, ready to wreak havoc. Deaton tries to prepare Isabel - as the Alpha le... More

CAST [3A]
3A: Intro
[1] Tattoo
[2] Chaos Rising
[3] Ritual
[4] Scatter
[5] Fireflies
[6] Unleashed
[7] Frayed
quick update
[8] Blood
[9] Relative
[10] Motel California
[11] Hopeless
[13] Truth Hurts
[14] The Girl Who Knew Too Much
[15] The Overlooked
[16] Promise
[17] Alpha Pact
[18] Surrogate
[19] Heart of Darkness
[20] Lunar Eclipse
CAST [3B]
3B: Intro
[21] Anchors
[22] Uncontrolled
[23] Nowhere To Run
[24] Strategy
[25] More Bad Than Good
[26] Mischief
[27] Galvanize
[28] Scarlet Witch
[29] Illuminated
[30] Silverfinger
[31] Missing
[32] Riddled
[33] Shadow

[12] Currents

1.7K 37 2
By tomietoni

"I crave your taste,"
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Isabel nervously bites her nails as she stands in the midst of the flashing red and blue siren's from the police cars.

Stiles places a comforting hand on her lower back, snapping her out of her trance. She looks up to his face, an uneasy smile resting on his lips. Isabel musters an uneasy smile back.

Noah Stilinski stands in front of them, where they stand with Scott and Melissa outside the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, holding a notepad as he takes Scott and Melissa's statements.

Stiles and Isabel were spending the night trying to research about the effects of wolfsbane on witches, but couldn't seem to find a direct answer.

After a rushed call from Scott explaining another person had gone missing - Stiles all but dragged Isabel into the Jeep and straight there.

"Hang on, hang on, They were both in the car?" Noah asks, confused frown on his face. Isabel tries to catch up with the conversation - her eyes fixated on the dead moth Scott found in the car.

"No, Dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone." Stiles attempts to explain.

"So, whose car is this?" Noah questions.

"Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The ER attending is the one that never made it back in." Melissa tells the sheriff.

"Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?" Noah says to Melissa.

"Yeah." Melissa nods.

"Guys, give us a second." Noah tells the three teens. The three nod, moving off to the side together, a nervous energy in the air.

"These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asks the pair.

"Yeah, it's the one Deaton mentioned - Healers." Stiles sighs.

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe." Scott reminds the boy, Isabel sighs as she tries to figure it all out in her head. Stiles' attention is taken back to his father as he watches him on the phone. "That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer. I..." Scott trails off with a shake of the head.

"Can you hear that?" Stiles asks, pointing to his father behind Scott. Scott turns, remaining facing away from the pair as he listens.

"...They found a body." He tells the two.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Isabel jumps into Stiles' Jeep breathlessly, having ran out of the school in a rush following a 'Deaton has been taken, meet me at the Jeep now' text.

Stiles immediately pulls off, quickly speeding off the the animal clinic where Scott already was. As they approach, he sees his dad's police car - thankful he was there already after he had called him.

Isabel quickly sends a message to Lydia explaining why she rushed out off class as they make their way in.

Stiles and Isabel enter the clinic, waiting with Scott in the reception area as Noah and another deputy sweep the clinic.

Noah gives a nod to his son as he approaches the three, placing his hand on Isabel's shoulder in greeting as he stands next to the trio.

"All right, we're doing everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school." He comfortingly tells the three, a stern fatherly look on his face before he leaves and heads over to his deputy.

Scott motions for the two teens to follow him into one of the animal holding rooms - which the two do without a word.

Isabel watches as Scott closes the door behind them, and approaches with an unreadable expression.

"We have to tell him." Scott says determinedly.

Stiles gives him a look of disbelief, looking over to see Isabel's reaction too. She frowns at Scott's words.

"You mean, like, tell him? Or, tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him?" Stiles lowly responds.

"You know what I mean." Scott raises a brow.

"You remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eye for, like, a week!" Stiles worriedly reminds the wolf.

"And she got over it! And - and it actually made us closer." Scott explains.

"I don't know, dude... I mean, look at him. Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is!" Stiles sighs, running a hand over his face.

Isabel stands silently, watching Noah through the window of the door.

"He's overwhelmed because he has no clue what's happening. He's got people dying in his town- the town that he's supposed to protect - and it's not his fault that he doesn't know what's happening. He's gonna find out sooner or later." Scott tries to persuade the worried teen.

"Yeah, but is now really the right time?" Stiles asks.

"What if not telling him now gets someone else killed?" Scott counters.

"What if telling him gets him killed, huh?" Stiles exasperatedly retorts. "I mean, okay - look, I get that Deaton's been like a father to you - I get that, okay? But this is my- Scott, this is my actual father. I can't..." Stiles trails off, the words getting lost in his throat as it tightens. Isabel instinctively reaches out for his hand, feeling the emotional build up inside.

"I can't lose both of my parents, all right? Not both of them." Stiles manages to finish. Isabel feels the sting in her heart at his words - having lost both of hers already.

"You're right." Scott sighs, understanding his best friends position. The three stand in silence for a moment before Stiles shakes his head.

"No, I'm not." Stiles breathes out, "I'm not right. I'll tell him."

"I'll help you." Scott nods.

"We'll help you." Isabel quietly adds, giving an encouraging look. Stiles gives the two a thankful look, his hand squeezing Isabel's.

Scott turns and moves to the door as Stiles takes a deep breath. Isabel gives a smile before leading him out behind Scott.

"Please, whatever you need. However you can help find my brother." A female voice fills the room as they exit, stopping them all in their tracks.

The look at the female in shock - it was Miss. Morell. Stiles, Isabel and Scott share a confused look.

"Will you excuse us for a moment?" Noah tells the shorter woman, before leaving with his deputy.

Miss Morell turns to the three teens, a determined look set on her face as she approaches.

"Okay, listen closely, the three of you - no sheriff, deputy, or detective is going to be able to find him."

"You don't have to ask us for help." Scott tells the woman.

"Actually, I'm trying to help you...Because if you're going to find my brother, then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out the supernatural." She explains to the three.

"Lydia." Isabel sighs, the two boys turning to look at her.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"-if I catch you with him again, I'm not going to pull the fire alarm... I'm going to pull your tongue out of your head."

"Sweetheart, my last boyfriend was a homicidal lizard, so I think I can handle a Werewolf. Let go. I said-"

"Let go." Stiles interrupts.

Cora and Lydia turn in shock at the voice, Cora gripping Lydia's hand in a tight grip.

"She said let go." Isabel angrily tells the young Hale wolf over the sound of the blaring fire alarm.

Isabel and Stiles direct the two girls to a vacant classroom, having texted Scott to tell him they found Lydia. Stiles pulls out a box, placing it on the desk in front of the three supernatural females.

"A ouijia board?" Lydia asks in annoyance.

"Also called a spirit board. And, it's worth a shot..." Stiles tells the Martin girl, opening the box and setting up the board.

"A shot in the dark." Lydia mumbles.

"Could you just try it, please?" Isabel sighs impatiently. Lydia gives her a look, but rolls her eyes and nods.

"Okay, let's not forget who this is for - Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion. And Isabel's mentor for all stuff witchy." Stiles explains to the ginger girl as he finishes placing all the items down.

Lydia takes the planchette that he placed, turning it the right way round.

"Oh, wait. Should we all do this?" Cora asks, pointing to the board.

"Yeah. Yeah." Stiles nods, watching as everyone places their hands. on the planchette. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah." Lydia and Isabel nod.

"Yes." Cora impatiently responds.

"Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles asks.

The room remains silent for a moment, until Stiles, Isabel and Cora all flicker their eyes over to Lydia, who looks to be uninterested. Feeling the eyes on her - Lydia looks around the group to see them all looking at her expectantly.

"...What?" She questions.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles asks.

"Oh, I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit..." Lydia explains confusedly.

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora questions.

"Is she for real?" Lydia asks incredulously, causing Cora to roll her eyes.

Stiles sighs and packs up the box, tossing it aside. He pulls out his next option.

"Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called psychometry." Stiles explains, holding the keys in his hand.

"I'm not psychic." Lydia quips.

"You're something! Okay?!" Stiles frustratedly exclaims. Isabel runs her hands through her hair as she turns to her cousin.

"Just - Lydia, put out your hand." Isabel instructs the girl. Stiles sends her a look of thanks as Lydia listens, closing her eyes and holding out her hand.

Stiles holds the keys out before placing them into Lydia's hands. As they touch her skin she flinches slightly, and audibly reacts.

Cora, Isabel and Stiles share a look.

"What is it?" Isabel asks, hoping for a breakthrough.

Lydia opens her eyes, "They're cold." She shrugs. Stiles stares at the girl in disbelief.

"Lydia, concentrate, please?" Isabel sighs, feeling Stiles' irritation adding to her own.

"Trying to save lives here, for the love of God." Stiles whispers to himself. Lydia gives him a look before closing her eyes again.

The three watch Lydia as she holds onto the keys, before she frowns slightly.

"Yeah, what is it? What do you see?" Stiles asks.

Lydia opens her eyes again before sighing. "Nothing."

The three sigh. Stiles prepares the next option, placing a notepad and holding a pencil out for the girl.

"Automatic writing?" Lydia skeptically asks. Stiles nods, still holding the pencil.

Lydia opens her mouth but looks to the side at Isabel who gives her a look. Lydia closes her mouth, before taking the pencil without another word. She places her hand on the paper and begins to draw.

"Lydia, what are you doing? What... what the hell is that?" Stiles questions with a frown as he watches her draw.

"A tree." Lydia simply responds.

"A tr-?" Stiles stops himself before he explodes.

"Lydia, you're supposed to be writing words - like, in sentences, something like a location, something that would tell us where he is." Isabel takes over.

"Well, maybe you should've said that." Lydia sarcastically counters.

"Isn't she supposed to be some kind of genius?" Cora interrupts.

"Genius? Yes. Psychic? No. Honestly, I don't even know why you're bothering with me, anyway... I mean, especially since it's obvious you should be talking to Danny." Lydia raises a brow before returning to her drawing.

The three look at her stunned.

"What? Why Danny?"

"Because-" Scott voice fills the room as he enters, holding onto his shoulder. "Last night, he was a target... But he wasn't a sacrifice. Just like Izzy was."

The group follows behind Scott as he leads them through the hallways.

"But isn't Danny still in the hospital?" Cora frowns.

"Yeah. That's where we're going right now." Stiles nods.

"I'll meet you there." Scott tells him.

"Why?" Stiles frowns, causing Scott to stop and show him his phone where Allison had messaged saying: 'I think I found something."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The five teenagers gather around the examination table in the clinic, Stiles spreads Danny's homework across the surface.

"Okay, so what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?" Cora frowns.

"Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right?" Stiles explains. "Now, look at this - this is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal."

"I strongly advise you to choose another topic. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class." Lydia reads the note out.

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice - he knew something." Scott voices in realisation.

"Now, check this out - Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one, too." Stiles tells the group, opening the map and opening it for everyone to see. "Danny marked all the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon - you wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town."

Scott looks between the papers before realising. "Stiles, look. They match! All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found." Scott says, circling the places on the map.

"Look, that's right on the telluric current." Isabel points out.

"So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between?" Scott asks.

"Let me see that." Stiles says, taking the pen from Scott. "You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Gotta be somewhere in between, right?"

Cora reaches out, grabbing Stiles' hand. Stiles' freezes at the touch, his gaze immediately falling onto Isabel's who watches the interaction silently.

"Stop." She moves his hand over on the map. "He's in the vault - the same vault."

The group quickly rushes to gather all their stuff and begins to move out of the room.

"Guys, hold on-" Lydia begins.

"Lydia, we don't have time-" Scott interrupts.

"It's Boyd. The plan didn't work. They cut the power." Cora worriedly tells the group as she looks up from her phone.

Isabel, Lydia and Stiles share a concerned look as they look over to Scott whose face has dropped.

"It's just like he said..." Scott mumbles. "Go. I can save Deaton myself." Scott tells the group.

"What? Scott, what about us?" Stiles questions.

"Cora can't get there fast enough without you. Go. We can save both of them." Scott determinedly says before rushing out.

"All right. Let's go." Stiles sighs, the three girls following behind him as they clamber into his Jeep.

Stiles speeds down to Derek's loft, turning to look at Isabel as she holds a worried look on her face. She feels his stare, turning to face him. None of them say a word. Lydia sits in the back with Cora as they share a journey that seemed to take forever. Stiles steps on the accelerator again, speeding up even faster.

The four rush down into the maintenance room, coming across the breaker.

"Okay, what do we do?" Stiles asks the young Hale wolf.

"We pull them. Pull all of them." Cora tells the three.

Without any further instructions, the group begin pulling all of the switches. Afterward, the begin to make their way to the apartment as fast as they can.

The four finally make it to the apartment - the door wide open. Stiles leads the way but falters as he takes in the sight of the water filled apartment.

Cora quickly rushes past and makes her way into the water without hesitation, Isabel and Stiles following behind.

Isabel takes in the sight in-front of her - a sight she never wanted to see. Boyd's dead body lay in the water and a heartbroken Derek knelt beside him.

For a moment, she forgot to close off her mind - all of the emotions in the room flooding her at once. She quickly composed herself and rushes forward to Derek as Cora heads for Boyd.

Isabel doesn't hesitate, kneeling down beside Derek and taking him into her arms. He almost collapses into them, but catches himself as his eyes remain on Boyd's body.

Stiles sighs as he takes in the sight before him, removing his eyes from Boyd and making his way over to Derek and Isabel, placing a hand on Derek's shoulder in comfort.

Lydia rounds her way through the door, having trailed behind in her heels and freezes in the doorway beside Isaac and Miss. Blake. She takes in the sound of Cora's cries as she hovers over Boyd's lifeless body and the sight of Derek finally breaking in Isabel's arms and crying into her chest.8

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"How'd you find us?" Scott asks Noah as they kneel next to Deaton who breathes heavily - great fuel to be alive.

"The vials in the clinic with the Celtic symbols on 'em? I knew that one of 'em looked familiar..." Noah explains, pointing to the symbol on the vault floor.

"Sheriff, thank you for being one hell of a detective." Deaton smiles.

"You bet. Let's get you an ambulance." Noah smiles back, patting him on the leg before leaving to call for emergency services.

Deaton grabs Scott's arm as Noah leaves, "Your eyes were red! Bright red!" He excitedly tells the wolf.

"How is that possible?" Scott asks, shocked.

"Paramedics are on their way! I'll be back in half a minute." Noah tells the two. Deaton gives a smile and nod.

"It's rare- it's something that doesn't happen within a hundred years. But, every once in a while, a Beta can become an Alpha without having to steal or take that power. They call it a True Alpha. It's one that rises purely on the strength of character, by virtue, by sheer force of will." Deaton breathlessly explains.

"...You knew this would happen." Scott realises.

"I believed. From the moment I knew you were bitten, I believed." Deaton nods.

"...You're not the only one."

"No. Deucalion isn't after Derek - he's after you. But thats not all - he wants Isabel too." Deaton lowly tells the wolf.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

902K 29.8K 46
RUNAWAY [ BOOK THREE ] โœง Evil never seemed to rest in Beacon Hills, so as soon as the Nogitsune issue had been dealt with, it was onto the next one;...
127K 2.5K 83
๐š–๐š˜๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š๐š›๐šž๐šŒ๐š” ๐šŠ๐š๐š“. ๐šž๐š—๐šŠ๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š” ๐š˜๐š› ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š ๐š—๐š˜๐š›๐š–๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข, ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šž๐š•๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’...
790K 32.5K 32
โ•โ•โ•โ• โ‹†โ˜…โ‹† โ•โ•โ•โ• in which a girl with insatiable curiosity begins to uncover and theorise on the supernatural, leading her right back to her childhoo...
62.4K 1.3K 38
๐ŸŽต๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’†๐’†๐’‘ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’…๐’ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’ˆ๐’ ๐ŸŽต Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...