The end of the world

By AshleaLawrence

Bella, she has a hard past, with her religious family, abusive father and so much more. So she runs away and... More

Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

chapter one

52 10 2
By AshleaLawrence

The beginning

My name is Bella May, the world went to shit I'm the only one that survived this sickness... so I thought. You want to know how the world went to shit well it started about six weeks ago...

I woke up in my tent as usual. I left my family's house because there were a bunch of nut jobs so I decided to start living on my own a couple years back when I turned 16. I'm now 23 so I survived on my own for a pretty good amount of time. I climbed out of my tent and walked over to my clothes that were hanging on my laundry line. I put on my thick strapped v-neck tank top with silver buttons. On the right side of the tank top is red, on the left side it's black with a big black rose in the middle with red throughout it. I slip on my black jeans and after that I put on my black leather jacket and zip it up. Then I went to the left side of my tent and put on my leather black boots that are shin high with spikes and chains all over them and they buckle at the side. After I buckled my shoes I went back into my tent and went through my bag. Last time I was in town I stole a mirror so it could be easier for me to do my makeup and hair. Ok so let's get this straight I'm not a girly girl I just do my hair and makeup to make me look threatening.

I clutched my mirror and checked my hair, it's good. I have black short pixie cut choppy hair with bangs over my left eye. I then grab my makeup out of my bag and apply it. I wear black eyeliner that's winged, and black lipstick. Then I grabbed my jewelry from my bag and put it on. I wear a leather black bracelet that has spikes and is 3 inches. I also wear skull earrings, a silver nose ring on my right nostril and a silver wolf ring. After I got my look all situated I climbed out of my tent and fixed the collar of my jacket. I bent it back so it's not straight up. Then I reached for my gray sunglasses in my jacket pocket and put them on. Then I got my weapon holster from my table and headed out of the forest to town. But instead of going to town I got a great idea to go rob the government's Felicity in town. I jogged all the way there. No one has spotted me yet there are cameras everywhere. I need to be really sneaky with this plan I have. I'll just go in and look around to see if there's anything worth taking and I bet there is then get out as quickly as possible. An army guy just came out of the door. I need to go in. Show time!

I quickly kicked him in the knee cap so he couldn't walk. He was about to hit the alarm to sound some back up but I grabbed my knife and hit him over the head with the hilt of my knife. I grabbed his Id card to get in and It worked. I ran down the long hall and found their secret government lab. I snuck into this room that had a two way mirror and watched what they were doing. Three guys were making this concoction.

"Dr. Tree, we need to finish this." One of the Dr said

"It's almost done Dr. Winscock." Dr. Tree told him

"How much longer until it's done?" The other Dr asked

"Just one more ingredient." Dr. Tree then grabbed this bottle that had red liquid in it. I wonder what they are making. Dr. Tree added the red liquid and the concoction started to bubble and steam. "It's happening!" Dr. Tree yelled. Then the mysterious mixture blew up that room they were in. The explosion sounded the alarm and the army ran into the room the three doctors were in. The doctors are dead, oh my god I witnessed something that no outsider should have witnessed. After I got out of my shock, I went out of that room. all the army men are in that room where the doctors died.

It will be easy to steal some weapons. I snuck into this room better be safe than sorry for stealing someone's things. Lucky for me I snuck into the weaponry. The weaponry is huge, there's all different kinds of guns. I only have a knife on me so I need guns. There's a shotgun. I quickly grab that and put it over my shoulder. There's a pistol. I also grab that and put it in my weapon holster. As I put my back to the iron door to listen if anyone was around I heard moaning coming from the other side.

I unholster a knife and opened the door. The thing I saw changed the world from that day on. The thing that was moaning is a guy that looks dead. I stood there for a moment until the dead looking person came after me. The dead person came after me with his mouth wide open. I moved aside so the undead couldn't get a hold of me. The undead fell to the ground and i didnt know how to kill the thing so I stabbed it in the back. It didn't die, it just kept coming after me. I then stabbed it where the heart is that also did not kill it. How the hell do I kill this thing? I remember back to when I was living with my family. They always watched zombie movies. I especially remember my dad watching The Walking Dead. My mom and dad always went on and on about how the world was going to end. They thought it was going to end just like The Walking Dead. The way Rick killed the undead in The Walking Dead is he stabbed or shot them in the head. I grabbed the undead by the shoulder and stabbed it in the head. Surprisingly it worked. I dropped the undead on the ground and walked out of the weaponry.

I ran to where I was earlier that two way mirror to see the secret government lab. I made it there and saw the dead doctors walking and looking very much alive. I look closer and see some army men dead with big bits on the shoulders, arms and legs. The bits were so deep I saw bone and flesh. I run out of the room and see more undead in army uniforms. I stab many and run from most. I made it out of the government facility and somehow a lot of the undead was out of the facility. I heard a lot of screaming coming from people's houses. I saw a lot of people getting eaten by these undead. I stood there frozen.

I didn't know what to do. I ran back to my campsite and a lot of the undead was following me. I ran behind a tree and waited there until a couple of the undead were passing. I jump over to them and stab most of them in the head. I unholster my pistol and shoot some of them as well. I knew that the gun shot would attract more so I ran as fast as I could to get back to my campsite. I finally made it, good thing no undead were there, bad thing there hot on my trail. I quickly take down my tent and put it in my bag i have. I don't have much clothes or anything. I wear the same thing so after i got my tent in my bag i was all packed. I put my bag over my arms where my new shotgun was and started to run toward town.

When I was in town I saw a horrifying sight. Everyone was getting eaten alive. So much screaming it took all my willpower not to cover my ears. As I ran down the street and passed stores I also passed people getting eaten alive. They would reach their hands out toward me and ask me for help. I couldn't help them. They were already affected. I just kept running. They're coming after me as well the undead that isnt eating the other people alive. I ran for my life. Sometimes I shot at them and sometimes I stabbed at them but other than the times they were on me I ran. When they were on me I shot so many bullets. I'm almost out of bullets. I need to get more. I run until I get to a weapon store. The weapon store doesn't have many undead.

There wasn't any undead the store manager ran from his store. Smart right no that's the stupidest thing they could have done. They should have stayed in the fucking store. But it's kind of a good thing for me, I can steal from this store. I look around the weapon store and see what could be useful. I looked at the knives. I already have a knife. I have had this knife for a long time. I don't need a new one. My knife is a black hunting knife. I love it! I still looked up and down the knife iyall. When I was looking through the knives I found a katana. A katana will become useful. I grabbed the katana and unholster my knife. I sliced the package open and shouldered my new katana. I then adventered to the bow and arrow section. I have always wanted to have a bow and arrow so you know what I did. I took one and did the same thing I did to open my katana. I put that over my shoulder. I was about to leave when a crossbow came into view. I walked over to it and took it down from the shelf.

I opened it and then I headed to the bullets section and got a bunch of bullets. After I got the bullets I headed out of the weapon store. People were still in a panic. There were red lights in the sky to warn the people of this town. I heard someone say in a megaphone go home lock your doors. Then I heard that person scream the undead probably got em. It's so hard to get out of this town everyones running into each other and running into everything. There's blood on the ground everywhere people are slipping on the blood then they get overwhelmed by the undead. So many people have gotten overwhelmed by these undead. I try my best to run back into the forest. Once I'm in the forest I make my way deeper inside the forest. I can still hear screams from the town and I try hard to block them out. I wonder if anyones going to survive this outbreak. I kept thinking over and over again. I might seem like a bitch but hearing so many screams and seeing so many people getting eaten alive thinking if anyone will survive would come across your mind.

When I was in the forest I got overwhelmed by the undead. I had my knife and crossbow ready to shoot. I shot one then stabbed another. I back up, there are now 5 undead. I put my back against a tree and the undead came right up to me. I tried to fight them. I kicked one in the knee. The leg broke right out from under it. I then stab it in the head. I take the bottom of my pistol and hit the undead head repeatedly. After I kill all the undead I stay back on the tree to catch my breath. I felt a hand go on my shoulder. I leveled my pistol and shot. I step back from the tree and look at the undead I have just shot.

"Oh my god." I mutter, I just shot a person. I ran up to the lady I just shot that's now on the ground. I put my hands over the shot wound I just gave her. I picked up the lady's head and put her head on my lap. The lady has brown hair and hazel eyes. "I'm so sorry." I tell her

"I was destined to die." She choked out. I give her a confused look. "I cheated on my husband. This is God's plan for me." She explained. Just then I noticed a cross necklace around her neck. I look at her with a sad and painful look. Her lips started to get blood on them. "If you come across my husband." She started to have a really bad coughing fit. After her coughing fit she reached towards her neck and ripped off her cross necklace. "Please give him this." She placed her necklace in my hand so gently. She's at peace with dying "And tell him-" Her breathing became shallow. "I'm sorry."

That was her last word. Her head falls back and she stops breathing. I just killed a person. You readers are probably thinking this Bella girl has killed a lot of people. But that's not true. I have only broken into homes and stolen peoples' food. Same at a store I've only stolen what I needed no one has ever gotten in my way.

I sat there for a while in my own thoughts until the lady started to move. I looked at the lady's body in shock. This lady just died and she's moving. I realized after she opened her eyes that the lady wasn't alive. She turned into the undead. I should have seen this coming. I scolded myself. Her eyes became a lighter color of the hazel she had. She started to try to bite me. I grabbed the lady's dead head and I held it down before she had a chance to bite me. I slipped my knife out of its holster. I look away before stabbing her in the head. I then rolled her now dead head off my lap and made my way deeper into the forest. I put her necklace on so i don't lose it, then i got up from where i was sitting.

After I ran deeper into the forest I knew I was getting farther and farther away from town. This apocalypse just started a couple hours ago. So the undead cant have gone so far. I was proven wrong. After I thought that I ran into a couple undead. There were less than before but still a lot there were six undead. Why is there always more than one why cant there be fucking one undead. I hid behind a tree before they got the chance to notice me. Once I'm behind the tree I unholster my katana and I swing and its head falls to the ground. After i chope the undead's head off I grab my knife and stab the thing in the head. I then put an arrow in my crossbow and shot the undead in the head. Only 3 more to go. I ran around the tree to make a deverson and shot another one. I cut another undead's head off with only one more to go.

I do the same thing with the last undead i cut its head off. After I killed the undead I looked at my surroundings. There's a big spot big enough to put my tent up. I do need to get some rest, the sun is setting, I might as well get some sleep. I rolled my tent out of my bag and started to set up camp for me. After I set up camp I set up what I need in my tent. I put my pillow by the blanket I stole not so long ago. I put my knife under my pillow better safe than sorry. I also put my weapons, my katan, my shotgun, my crossbow, and bow and arrow at the left side of my tent. I then put the very full clothes I have at the other side of my tent. I have a tank top to sleep in when it's cold. That's pretty much all my clothes besides the outfit I wear everyday. I uncloth myself and go outside to see where the sun is. The sun is almost all the way down so right now it should be around 8 the sun doesn't set all the way until 9. I go back inside my tent and grab my knife out from under my pillow. I then grab my crossbow and put my knife to the wood.

I started to carve in my crossbow. I start carving a shot glass in my crossbow inside the shot glass, saying J.S.S. J.S.S is a way for me to remember I'm still alive. Just survived somehow, is from the walking dead but it's been my saying since I left home. After I finished carving the shot glass with J.S.S in the shot glass I moved to my bow an arrow. I carved the exact same thing in my bow. After my bow I went to my other weapons. Once I was done with marking my weapons as mine tiredness suddenly washed over me. I laid my head down on my pillow and I thought It would take me a little while to fall asleep. I was wrong. I fell asleep right as my head hit my pillow.

The dream I had was as weird as life right now. I'm walking in the woods until I came out on the other side of the forest. When I emerged from the forest there was this wood cabin. Outside the wood cabin is so grassy that's all you step on. After a second of standing in the grassy green my dream shifted. I was in the front of the cabin. My family is at this cabin. All the family I have known. My mom with her brown hair is wearing a red plaid shirt. What the hell is she on a farm or something?

I'm not going to call my mom, mom I'm going to call her Jenna. I don't count Jenna as my mom. Next to her is Ryan, my dad. He never really was a dad to me. Behind him is my brother Dickson. I left home when Dickson was 18. Next to Dickson is my little sister Hope when I left she was 7 years old. Hope and I had the best relationship of all the family. Behind her was my uncle John. Next to John is his wife Meranda, my aunt. John and Meranda always lived with Jenna and Ryan. Ryan. I look back at Hope and notice what she's wearing. She's wearing a gown you would wear in the hospital. I look at everyone's faces and see that they had steirn looks. Just then a gun appeared in Jenna's hand. Everyone else looks like robots now. "I'm sorry but this is how it has to be." Jenna told me as she put her finger on the trigger. Jenna shot the gun and the bullet hit me. I fell to the ground bleeding out. I was about to close my eyes when I saw a blonde guy and a brown haired boy. My vision was fading so their faces were blurred out. Then everything went black.

I sat straight up covered in sweat. What the hell, that dream made no sense. I sat there for a second longer thinking about my dream. I shake my head quickly, get dressed, then head out to find a lake to wash in. After a little while of searching the forest I finally found a lake. I kneeled down by the lake and cuffed my hands and fielded them with water. The water didn't look murky so I drank from it. After I had my drink I unclothed and got into the lake. I soak my body and hair in the lake water. I washed all the grime off my skin. I haven't washed my skin in a couple weeks so this felt great to have water in my skin. I run my hands through my hair and wash off all the make up I had on yesterday. I was enjoying my bathing in this lake until I heard a branch snap. I snapped my head towards the sound and I saw someone hiding behind a tree.

"Hey come out!" I scream at the guy behind the tree. He comes out of behind the tree and he looks me up and down. He eyes me hungrily like he wants me for lunch. I know what he wants but it's not lunch. I grab the side of the lake and use my upper body strength to get out of the lake. "You like my body?" I say teasingly I'm going to make this guy wish he never found me. He nods at me as I step closer to him. "Come and get some honey." he steps closer to me

"Aren't you a pretty one?" He says as he gets closer I smirk he's now right up in my face he puts up his hand on my face and brushes his hand on my face. I shake my head and then wrap my leg around his leg and trip him. He fell right on his back and I kneel down so my face is right on by his face.

"Didn't your mom ever tell you to not look at naked women?" I snarl in his ear and he just smirks as he pushes me away. When he pushed me away he made it to a point to touch my breast. "Son of a bitch." I say as I get back on my feet once I'm already on my feet the guy was already on his feet. I was just standing there glaring at him intently he ran up towards me the worst and most stupid thing he could have done. I step aside before he can even touch me or stop and stick out my foot and he tripped face first. He did a somersault until he hit a tree. I walked over to my clothes and grabbed the knife I keep with me. I flexed the knife in my hand and shined the sun in his eyes with the blade of my knife. "You should really learn your listen." I told him. He got off the ground again and noticed that I had a knife and his eyes widened. "Want to know how you're going to learn your listen?" I ask as he nods his head toward me.

"And how's that?" He said as he raised his eyebrows

"By bleeding." I replied I then ran towards him and knocked him to the ground. I then sat on his stomach so he wouldn't move. All he has in his eyes is amusement. Oh he shouldn't be amused, he should be shaking in his shoes. I cut his face deep enough to make it bleed. "Did that hurt?" He just shakes his head with a smirk. I then stab him in his hand "Now what about that?" I ask twisting the knife in his hand and he screams in pain. "Now if you don't shut up I'm going to slice your throat." I rip the knife out of his hand and hold it against his neck "Don't ever watch me again." I tell him as I get off him. He stands up once I'm off him and turns the other direction then he thinks better of that and he decides to go at it one more time. He turns around and he has an evil glint in his eye. He was about to run at me again with how his feet are planted. So I did the only thing I could do.

I put my hand back the one with the knife and threw it. The knife logged itself between his eyes. He fell to the ground with a shocked look. After he fell to the ground I grabbed my clothes and quickly got redressed. Once I was redressed the undead came and took over. It was a herd of undead like a dozen or more. I knew I couldn't fight them that much. I ran until I was at least twenty feet away. I looked back and saw the undead eating the guy's body. He deserves worse after I thought that I turned around and started to run back to my tent. This sickness could have spreaded all over the world right? Maybe after this town got destroyed the undead adventured to other towns the endless cycle of the undead. I finally got to my tent and I crawled in and quickly zipped the door up. I sat criss crossed shaking my head. What has the world come to? I cant believe Jennas theory came true. Jenna always said 'that God will make the end of the world happen by bringing the dead back to life' Jenna always said what happens happens for a reason, it's God's plan. She always said that when something happened to me.

One time I was walking home from school Jenna always lived in the woods. The bus never went to my house. When i was walking home a van was driving really slow by me. I kept looking over my shoulder. The van would not drive faster and leave me alone. I started to speed up my walking and the van still wouldn't get the gist. After a little while of walking I started to run. After I started to run the van stopped and a guy got out of the passenger seat and started to chase me. I took a sharp corner and almost fell. After that I needed to catch my breath so I stopped and went into a doorway. Hoping the guy wouldn't see me. The guy ran past where I was standing. I was about to calm down thinking I lost the guy and I'm free to go. When the guy came out of nowhere and attacked me. Back then I didn't know how to fight. The guy put a cloth over my mouth and everything went black. When I woke up I was in a very hard bed. I opened my eyes and saw my arms and legs tied to a bedpost. I looked down at my body and saw I didn't have any clothes on. I'm completely naked laying on a hard bed if you didn't put to and to together i was freaking out on the inside.

I looked to my left and saw the guy that chased me staring at me sitting in an armchair. He got up from where he was sitting and walked to the door and opened it and screamed "She's up!" after he screamed that he slammed the door shut. I flinched when he did that. He walked back to where he was sitting and started to intently stare at me he wouldn't even blink. After a couple seconds the second guy came into the room. The second guy I recognized instantly was my uncle John. "Uncle John! Help me!" I cried out uncle John didn't answer or say anything he just had a sickening grin on his face. "Uncle John?" I say he didn't answer the other guy spoke

"Shut up you stupidd bitch.'' I take a deep breath trying to calm my heart rate. Uncle John then took off his shirt.

"Uncle John, what are you doing?" I ask nervously

"Your dad told me to do this." Uncle John finally talked when he said that he had an even more sickening grin. Just then he took off his pants. I closed my eyes not wanting what I thought was about to happen. When I reopened my eyes Uncle John didn't have anything on, he was also standing right by the bedpost. I couldn't move so uncle John moved on top of me. He put his thing in me when I was thirteen. I didn't know what it was. I was very sheltered. When he put his thing inside of me it hurt so bad. It hurt so bad I inhaled sharply. He then didnt things to me I wish I didn't remember. After he did what he did to me he let me go. When I finally got home mom was waiting for me "Where have you been?" She asked

"I uh..." I started to cry. I never cry, especially in front of my family. "I got kidnapped and raped. I cried i didn't tell her who raped me i thought she wouldnt belive me "its ok Bella." She tells me "it's in God's plan don't be upset God made this happen for a reason." I scoff. I can't believe my mom would say that. I went to my room and locked the door. From that day forward I was never close with my family, only Hope anyway. After I recanted that memory I couldn't get out of my thoughts. When that happened to me I taught myself how to fight and defend myself. I was barely home when I was I couldn't stop thinking that I needed to get out, I needed to leave. Then finally I left when I was sixteen. It was the best thing I could have done. What do you expect from your family when you live in Alabama? I can't live here anymore. I thought I got up from sitting down and started to pack my things. I crawled out of my tent and put it down. I then started to head to town. When I was in town I saw no one alive. I was being as stealthy as I possibly could. A couple times undead found me. I only stabbed them in the head. I knew if I shot my gun I would attracted more to me. I ran out of town. I kept running until I was on a road without undead around. When I left the grounds of Alabama it felt like I was finally free from my so-called family. I was traveling for two weeks before I set up my tent.

I didn't know what town I was in but at least it's not Alabama. The food I have is only a week's worth. I can survive on what I have. Once I saw a town sign and I ventured into the woods. I went deep into the woods. After I was deep enough in the woods I set up my camp. Once I set up camp I opened a can of beans. Beans aren't my favorite food but you eat whatever to survive. I started to eat with my hands. You'll do whatever you have to do to eat girly girls. When i was eating i recanted the two weeks that weirdly went by really fast. I stopped at abandoned rest stops to get some shut eye. I only slept twice a week. I needed to be on the move so no undead would find me but I had no problem killing them. When I finally came into this town I didn't read the sign. The past two weeks have been an endless cycle. Everything happened over and over again: walk, eat, sleep, walk, eat, sleep, walk, sometimes kill undead. I didn't know the end of the world would be so boring.

After I finished my can of beans I threw my can to the side of my tent and laid my head down on my pillow. The dream I had that night will never leave me. Looking over the calm lake I feel... happy. I may be by myself in an abandoned cabin but I'm happy. "Bel." I hear someone calmly say my name. I glance around from where I'm sitting and notice a kitten playing with a butterfly. "Aww," I can't help saying aloud the kitten turns to me and the peace is broken. A group of twelve undead storm out of the forest and I hop up and run around the cabin "Where the hell are my weapons!" I can hear the undead clawing at the door and my heartbeat quickens. The door crashes open, all the undead at the door come storming in and- i sit up in sweat gasping for dear life. I stayed there sitting in sweat until I forgot about my dream.

After I woke up the next week went the same way, boring. I ate food and stayed in my tent until I heard a noise. I went to check it out. It was always undead or a couple undead. I thought the end of the world would be a rush and exciting but I guess a girl could be wrong. I need to get some books next time I'm in town. I need something to do. Sitting here is more boring than my life before all this shit happened. I left my tent after a week and after I ran out of food I had to go to town anyway so why not get some books while I'm at it. I grabbed my shotgun, my katana, knife, and pistol then headed to try to find a town. After a little while of exiting the forest I finally found a town. When i was entering the town i saw this knocked over bus that's on its side. I walked past the bus and went into different stores. I went into a food market, a bookstore and a clothing store. I found some undead in the store. You all know what happened to them. I killed them.

I grabbed as much food as my bag could handle, which I grabbed like ten cans of canned food. When I was in the book store I grabbed a bunch of different books. I never was a reader before but when you're bored you do things. I grabbed at least two romance books, five fantasy books and I grabbed a thriller book. After I was done in that store I went to the clothing store. That store didn't have many clothes in my style but whatever was black or red I grabbed a lot were crop tops. I grabbed a couple shirts with a skull on them. After I finished taking my clothes I now own I started to head to that tilted bus to see if anything was in there. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 53.3K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
15.1K 697 46
They were polar opposites. He was demanding, manipulative and dominant. His demeanor was arrogant, mean and insulting. His aura of power, darkness a...
1.8K 113 14
Years from now, science will have no limits. Bored with conventional things, Scientists turn to less human projects... like raising the dead. They st...