a sound she hadn't heard befo...

Autorstwa villageisaglow

When he walked out, Taylor gave up most of her life as she knew it. She knew that she had to give the baby th... Więcej

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
fifty-five.
fifty-six.
fifty-seven.
fifty-eight.
fifty-nine.
sixty.
sixty-one.
sixty-two.
sixty-three.
sixty-four.
sixty-five.
sixty-six.

thirty-three.

368 15 10
Autorstwa villageisaglow

"So Joe," Andrea asks as the adults are sitting in the living room, drinking coffee in the morning before Ayla wakes up, "what are you going to be up to, now that the show is over?"

"I'm not sure," he admits. "Just... auditioning for everything again. Professionals in the industry really say that auditioning is the job, and if you book it, it's just an added bonus." He pauses. "Auditioning doesn't pay the rent very well, though. I might have to pick up a shift at the restaurant I was working at before I booked the role."

Taylor sighs. She doesn't like to hear that, especially when she knows that she has more than enough money to pay the bills. She knows that offering to help him out would probably be overstepping, not to mention hurting his pride. She doesn't want to risk that, so she doesn't say anything.

"Well," Andrea says, "Scott and I were thinking that we could stay a few more days, if the two of you need a little getaway. We would love to spend more time with Ayla."

Taylor and Joe exchange a glance.

"T," Scott adds in, "why don't you take him up to your house in Rhode Island? It's lovely up there."

"Dad, this time of year, it's just cold."

Scott and Andrea laugh. "So you turn on the heat. You love it up there, and haven't been up for so long. Come on, T. You really deserve a break. Both of you do," Scott tells his daughter.

"Well, I'll have to speak with Ayla about it and make sure that she's okay with it, but I don't see why else that would be a problem," Taylor finally says. "Joe, you in?"

"If you want to, I could use a few days out of the city."

"It's all settled then," Andrea says. "You two can leave today even."

"I'll have to go back to New York to pick up some things," Joe laughs.

"I can take you by your place," Taylor says. "Or we could leave in a few days. Whatever works."

"We can just swing by today. I can grab my things pretty quickly. I think that some peace and quiet with my favorite girl is just what I need."

"Rhode Island is the best," Taylor assures him, blushing a bit from the 'favorite girl' comment. The locals don't really mind me much at all up there. We've been going since I was a kid. I love it."

"Then I can't wait to see it," Joe tells her. Suddenly, everyone hears little footsteps above them and they all know that Ayla is awake.

"Well, there goes the quiet morning," Taylor laughs. "I'm going to go see if she needs help getting dressed, then we can head out to the restaurant."

Upstairs, Taylor helps Ayla to pick out a dress and matching tights, and as she is getting dressed, Taylor asks her daughter if she would be okay with staying with her grandparents for a few days. She has done it once before, so Taylor anticipates that she will be fine with it.

Luckily, that anticipation is correct. Ayla is more than happy that her grandparents are staying for a few extra days, and especially because that means that she'll get to have them all to herself.

"Do you think that we can go to New York?" Ayla asks. Taylor recalls that the last time that she left Ayla with her parents, the three of them went ice skating at Bryant Park, something that Ayla couldn't stop talking about for weeks after.

"I'll ask, okay? No promises." She knows that her daughter would just love to see the Rockettes and the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, for one thing. She just loves to explore everything that New York has to offer in general, and Taylor thinks that there really is something magical about seeing it through her young eyes. It makes all of the buildings seem even taller and the lights seem even brighter.

After a very nice brunch, Taylor gets a bag packed for a few days and says goodbye to Ayla. She can't help but feel like this is all happening really fast. She almost never gets to do something spontaneous. Even if she has stepped out of the spotlight, she can never seem to get away from the idea of her life being planned out for her. When she goes places with Ayla, she wants to make sure that she has security with her. She isn't so much worried about that with Joe. They probably won't really leave Taylor's property once getting there.

After stopping at Joe's apartment, it still takes the couple nearly three hours to drive to Rhode Island. It's a lovely drive, mostly along the coast. It doesn't matter that it takes a while, because they have so much fun together. They share a similar music taste, something that is really exciting for Taylor, who has never before dated a man who she was able to bond with so strongly over music. They sing together and Joe's rich baritone voice meshes perfectly with Taylor's alto.

"It's lovely up here," Taylor remarks. "The locals don't mind me at all. Ayla and I spend most of our summers here, every year. I have my own private beach and she can just play without having to worry. There's also a pool, and I have this big inflatable water slide that she loves. It's so cute."

Joe smiles. "I'm so glad that we are getting to do this."

Taylor nods. "My parents are crazy. They've thought that I needed to get back into dating for so long, so they were thrilled that I finally did. They loved you, Joe. I think that if it were up to them, they'd marry me off to you tomorrow."

Joe chuckles. "Well, it's a bit early for that... but maybe someday."

Upon hearing those words, Taylor feels butterflies bubble up inside of her stomach. She knows that Joe's remark is casual, but she also knows that it's in his head. She can't lie- it's in her head too.

"Maybe," she replies, with a little smile.

Joe smiles back at her. "You're so cute, you know that?"

She giggles. "I love you."

"I love you more."

Taylor turns into the driveway and parks her Toyota in the garage, then starts to show Joe around her house.

"Jesus Taylor," Joe laughs. "I thought your New Jersey house was big, then you bring me here."

"My fourth album paid for it," she laughs. "I know, it's a lot, but I just loved the house so much, and the story behind it, and-"

"It's beautiful," Joe assures her. "I just feel like I'm not worthy of being here. I'm just a poor, struggling actor. I don't live this lifestyle."

"Trust me, it's just a house. A pile of wood, that's all it is," she says. "Come on, I'll show you the master bedroom."

Entering through the doorway, Taylor plops her bag down on the floor before going to pull open the curtains, revealing the gorgeous view of the ocean.

"It's almost as gorgeous as you are," Joe remarks.

"Oh boy," Taylor teases him, walking back over and placing her hand on his chest. "Charming today, are we?"

"Charming as ever," he replies, running his fingers through her hair.

Taylor and Joe bring their lips together into a kiss.

A little bit later, they're cuddling on the couch in the sun room, with the early December sun shining through the window. Taylor takes a sip of her tea. "So, there's a local pizza place that's just delicious and they'll deliver here. I was thinking we could just get that for dinner? It's nice and easy."

"That sounds perfect, love," Joe tells her.

For the whole evening, there's some sort of magnetic force between the two of them, pulling them together. At home, it always felt like someone was watching them. The company of the show, Ayla, the lingering fear of paparazzi... but now, it's just the two of them. They don't have anything to worry about, and they can just love each other openly and freely. They can't keep their eyes, or hands, off of each other.

"God, I love you," Joe whispers in her ear, talking over an old movie that's playing on the television that night. It's not that late, but they're destined for an early night after an eventful day of memories made. "Thank you for bringing me here. Thank you for sharing your life with me- your amazing daughter, and your sweet parents... I know that it wasn't easy for you. Thank you for taking that blind leap, for trusting me and loving me. I just want you to know that it means everything to me, and I hope that you're happy that you made that choice."

"Joe..." Taylor breathes, "you know how I always said that Ayla was the best thing to ever happen to me?"

"Yeah."

"You're the second."

Joe's heart melts at those words. He would never dream of wanting to be in the first place spot. That's a special bond that is between a mother and her daughter, one that he could not break if he wanted to.

His eyes meet Taylor's, and then, she finally speaks. "Kiss me."

He presses his lips to hers and they seem to move in rhythm together for an eternity. Time stops as sparks fly around them.

His fingers begin to explore Taylor's body, and they eventually wander down Taylor's torso to the hem of her shirt. He tugs on it lightly. "May I?"

Taylor takes a deep breath. "Yes," she whispers, searching inside of her but finding no fear at all as she feels the fabric move over the top of her head. She doesn't feel exposed in any way as the air hits her skin, just completely comfortable in the loving arms of Joe. In the past, she was always just a little bit nervous. Joe makes her feel safe. He doesn't shy away from expressing how much he loves her. She's more than ready to take this step in their relationship. She moves her hands to Joe's shirt. "May I?"

"Of course," he tells her. She removes his shirt, tossing it to the floor beside the bed, and runs her fingers across his bare chest. Their lips crash together, full of love as they move in sync.

Things quickly grow heated between the two. The coming minutes are sacred memories that the two will share forever. A secret that will only ever be theirs to keep.

The world stops turning. Nobody else exists, in their brains. It's just two people, who are so deeply in love, and falling harder and harder every single day.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

5.4K 297 6
~BOOK 2~ Y/n and Taylor have had their ups and downs throughout their relationship. From misunderstandings and miscommunication to moving in with eac...
57.1K 1.7K 31
- book two of wisteria hearts - Taylor Swift has sold out 60 concerts for her Lover world tour. It's been a long year and she's about to start anothe...
7.4K 107 7
Globally famous singer and songwriter, Taylor Swift, isn't quite over her D-list actor ex, Joe Alwyn, when she is introduced to the NFL football play...
29.4K 759 35
ON A BREAK this story begins not long after midnights is released, and honestly i don't really know where the story is going yet, i'm just writing an...