the exception

By alyssabedumb

nina salazar roberts. one of the most dedicated, caring, and sweet girls you'll find in salt lake city. she l... More

notes
nina + friends
ricky + friends
nina and ricky intros
1. milk girl
2. partners
3. hatred
4. nothing in common
5. music
6. gone
7. prove it
8. guilt tripping?
9. changes
10. new friends?
***important notes***
11. the devils smile
12. why're u so obsessed with me
13. we're back
14. realization
15. diner
16. replay
17. surprises
18. done
19. smile through tears
20. too good to be true
jolivia one shot boook !!
21. six
22. happiness cant stay forever
23. mission: find nina. complete?
24. oh no...
25. pretending
26. lights
27. sad smiles
28. white coat
29. i love...
30. dinner date
31. ups and downs
32. welcome home
33. messed up
34. mom and dad
christmas story!!
refresher!!
35. visiting
36. i hope...
37. unexpected
38. plan it
39. sunkissed
40. overthinking
41: moving forward
43. christmas eve gone wrong
44. medication
45. emergency
46. i love you
47. angel in the sky
48. dove
the end :)
update!!
alternate ending :)

42. christmas eve

447 15 74
By alyssabedumb

FYI: remember it's been like...a couple months in their lives- it tis now December.

AND, if u need me i will b hiding.

Nina's pov

It's finally winter break! Halfway done with senior year! Surprisingly, senior year was going perfectly up til now. I feel like some sort of winter depression has hit me. It's only been a few days of winter break, and each of those days I've been sad and emotional. It could also have something to do with the fact that this is the first Christmas without my parents. We always went all out for Christmas time.

The good news is that Ricky and I are about 4-5 months into our relationship and we're going strong! It's crazy how happy he makes me. I'm obviously spending Christmas with him and his family, which I'm super excited about! It might take my mind off everything bad.

It was now around 5pm and I was sitting on Ricky's bed while he was showering in the bathroom. I was just scrolling through my socials when I get a text from the group chat. I hear the door of the bathroom click open and I pop my head up, smiling at him.

"Kourt and the others want to go ice skating? Wanna go?", I ask.

He nods, "Sure, why not?"

I grin and quickly type back to the groupchat. I smile to myself and shut my phone off, sticking it in my jeans pocket. I roll off the bed and walk over to the curly haired boy who's looking for a shirt to wear. I walk up behind him and stand on my tippy toes, hugging him.

I rest my chin on his shoulder, "We're going to meet them in fifteen minutes. I'm gonna go get ready."

He nods, kissing my lips before I make my way out of his bedroom and into the one right next to his, or in other words, mine. I change into warmer clothes, adding one of Ricky's hoodies on top, before walking out of my room and running into Ricky at the top of the stairs.

"Ready to go?", I ask.

He nods his head, and we walk down the stairs. After grabbing what we needed, we headed out the door and into his car. On the ride there, we sang Christmas songs and jammed out together.

Ricky's pov

We meet Los, Seb, and Kourt in the Salt Lake City "North Pole" that contains an ice-skating rink, hot coco stands, a spot to meet Santa, and just a bunch of fun Christmas activities.

"Hiii", Kourtney smiles.

"Hey guys!", both Nina and I say.

"Ready to get your skate on?", Carlos says, chuckling. 

We all share a laugh, nodding our heads before we rent our skates and sit down to put them on. I was the first one to finish putting them on, so I stand up and try to get a feel for it.

"Ricky, can you help meee?", Nina asks.

"Tying laces?", I chuckle.

She pouts at me, and I playfully roll my eyes at her. I bend down and quickly tie both of her skate's laces. She smiles and I hold her hand as she stands up.

"Alright, let's go guys!", Seb cheers.

Nina's pov

We all waddle our way over to the entrance gate and push it open. Seb and Carlos go on first and balance just fine. They begin skating around the circle together. Next Kourtney and Ricky step on with no problem. Then...there's me. Scared to death to fall and embarrassed myself. 

"You coming?", Ricky asks.

"You know how to skate...you're gonna leave me!", I complain.

He chuckles, "I promise I won't."

Ricky takes both my hands in his as I place one foot on the ice, then slowly after, the other.

"Neens I'm not gonna let you fall", he reassures me.

I take a deep breath and we both slowly begin to move forward. Eventually, I get the hang of it and we're smoothly skating around the rink together.

Ricky's pov

We all skate around the rink for around an hour before hopping off and taking our skates off. I watch Nina hand her skates back to the person running the stand before she happily hops back over to me.

"That was fun!", she smiles.

"For you maybe. I fell- twice!", Carlos whines, rubbing his head.

"It's okay. At least nobody saw.", Seb says, patting his shoulder.

"Are you blind? Everyone saw.", Carlos argues.

"No, I don't thi-"

"Who wants hot coco?!", Kourtney interrupts.

Seb and Carlos take a breath before we all nod our heads and begin walking to the concession stand. Kourtney, Carlos, and Seb were walking in front of me, while Nina and I stayed back a little.

"My hands are freezing.", she says, rubbing them together.

I take my hand out of my pocket, intertwining our hands together. She looks up and smiles at me.

"Better?", I ask.

She nods, "Better."

We arrive at the concession stand and order our hot chocolates before taking a seat at a table.

"Hands down the best hot coco", Carlos says.

Everyone nods as we continue drinking our hot chocolates and conversating. Everything was so perfect.

Nina's pov

{The next day}

I open my eyes, squinting from the sun. I yawn and cuddle closer to Ricky, causing for him to move a little. 6

"Morning", he quietly says.

I look up at him, "Hi"

"How'd you sleep?"

I nod, "Good you?"

He yawns, "Good. It's Christmas Eve."

I smile and sit up, "I'm so excited!"

He chuckles at me as he then attacks me with cuddles and kisses. After lying in bed for another fifteen minutes I finally pull myself off the bed, much to Ricky's dismay, and head into the bathroom.  I do my usual routine and put some light make-up on before doing my hair. I decided to put it in one big, loose, messy braid as it was the most comfortable for me. Then, I changed into leggings and one of Ricky's t-shirts, obviously. I needed something comfy to wear since I need to run errands today. Last minute Christmas shopping you could say.

"I have to run out for a few hours.", I tell Ricky, who's still lying in bed.

"Without meee?", he complains.

I chuckle, "Yes without you mister"

He sighs, "Okay well-"

"Don't stress and call you if I need anything. I remember.", I give him a cheeky grin.

"And drive safe, okay?", he says.

I nod, "Always do."

I lean in and give him a long, sweet kiss on the lips before pulling away and walking downstairs. I grab my car keys and get into my car, driving to the stores. I told Ricky's parent's that I'd pick up side-dishes for tomorrow. And I need to find an outfit for tomorrow, along with a last-minute present for Ricky.

{A few hours later}

Nina's pov

It's been quite some time and I'm finally finished with all my errands. I'm walking out of Target when I notice a family standing in the toy aisle. I sadly smile to myself as I think about my parents.

Flashback (Nina-6)

"Okay...Neens you can pick one toy", my mommy says.

I brightly smile at her as I dart down the toy aisle. I look left and right, scanning all the toy options. I stop in front of a box on the shelf and place my finger on my chin.

"What're you thinking sweetei?", my daddy asks.

"I want that one.", I point, "The Highschool Musical set."

"The one with the Troy and Gabriella dolls?"

I nod my head, smiling. I walk forward and stand on my tippy toes, taking hold of the box. I hold it tightly in my grip for the rest of the Target trip.

End of flashback

I jerk my head and blink my eyes, taking myself out of the trance I was in. I take one more glance at the family before walking out the doors. I walk through the parking lot, eventually coming up to my car. I place the Target bags inside the car before getting inside and turning the engine on. I back up and begin driving down the road, heading home.

The entire ride my head was filled with flashbacks and memories of my family and I. Then, the good memories fade, and the bad ones flood in. The memories of seeing my mom lying on a hospital bed. The call telling me she finally took her last breath. The sirens I heard when they took my dad away on a stretcher, unconscious, after the car crash.

I take a deep breath and stop at the red light. I bite my lip and tap my fingers on the steering wheel as I think about everything. The light turns green, and I pull into the intersection, just when everything goes into slow motion.

I hear multiple, blasting sirens coming from both police and ambulance cars. My mind goes blank, and I inhale quickly, my foot coming off the gas pedal. I'm sitting in the middle of the intersection and before I knew it...

Everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 382 29
"she's the one..." he whispered. what happens when two opposites, a popular basketball jerk and a smart n sassy new girl, meet for the first time?
271K 6.4K 72
in which ricky is a famous singer and nini is an ordinary student at east high. [COMPLETED] social media au [involves cussing, swearing]
177K 5.4K 82
━━━━ 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 〝 so you're different, then? different than people presume you to be? 〞 ...
39.6K 921 46
When a heartbroken Nini is finally ready to hang out with her friends again, she realizes it's going to be a lot harder than what she prepared for. W...