King of Lies

By KatrinaImpact

(BOOK 1) Kaeya was a male of ice. He might be cold in many ways, but he was never cold with you. He was warm... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

63 5 1
By KatrinaImpact

Blood dripped down his palm, staining the wooden table once again. His thoughts wandered to the sight of seeing you sitting in the window, waiting for him. 

Did you like him? If you liked him then why did you not act on it? You knew his feelings for you well enough. 

But he remembered how your mouth popped open in surprise, how you scrambled to get up quickly. He remembered how the doors were flung open, his name a prayer on your lips as you jumped to embrace him, bloody clothes and all. He remembered inhaling your scent of Osmanthus petals, peaches and apricots, holding you close to him. He remembered seeing your face bury itself in the fur of his cape, whispering his name like he was your lover.

He wanted to hear his name on your lips again, filled with the same desperation and worry. He loved how you felt against his body, so small compared to him. 

So why did you try to reject him when all the things you did betrayed you to him?

Kaeya stared as he counted the droplets of blood, one for every life stolen. When the last drop fell from his palm, he turned that hand into the Abysmal claws for a second before transforming it back. The cut he made was sealed, the Abyss that lay dormant in him unwilling to let him be injured for long period of time. It hated him being injured in general.

Why do you spill your royal blood for people lower than you? They were peasants, they are merely nobody compared to you.

"I must repent, and if spilling my blood for every life taken will achieve my forgiveness, then so be it."

Oh pitiful, pathetic King. You need not spill your blood for the scum of Teyvat. They reaped the rewards of the Archons destroying your---our---home. They don't deserve your attempts at repentance.

"It keeps the nightmares at bay, the nightmares of seeing their faces glare up at me as they claw at me, telling me that I will never be forgiven. I feel their blood stain my hands, I hear them screaming my name, beseeching for the Archons to find me, beseeching Celestia to strike me down and steal my life. They demand my life, but I can't die, not yet. I have yet to fulfill my duty. So I fend their hunger off with my blood."

You have many admirable qualities, King. But they make you a fool. Take that woman you love so much and make her your wife. I don't care if you have to do it by force. Take her and mark her, make her yours. Bring forth heirs. And solidify your hold upon Khaenri'ah. 

"I will not take her by force. I will love her, but if she desires another over me, then so be it."

A growl rang out from within him.

Then court her properly you lovesick fool.

•☆▪︎▪︎▪︎☆•

You were working on your shields when the door to the courtyard opened. Shock worked onto your face when you saw it was Kaeya. Was he leaving to go somewhere again? 

He glanced over at you, a smile coming onto his features.

"Ah, there you are, my favorite snowflake. The prettiest of the bunch. Mind sparring with me? I'm afraid I have gotten rusty..." he said sheepishly, a light grin on his face as he scratched at the back of his head. The words seemed honest enough.

"Oh, I um... I don't use the sword..." you muttered, face turning red out of embarrassment. 

He laughed, fully and richly. The sound was music in the air, a welcome reprieve from the constant pounding of rain that had been relentless these past few days.

"Did you really think I would be that cruel and use a close-combat weapon against a ranged one?" he guffawed. "No, I mean physical sparring! Like punches and kicks. After all, you need to have some form of fighting on the off-chance that your weapon is thrown out of your hand." 

His eye narrowed as he gave you a side glance, the gesture purely seductive: half-lidded eye, a faint smirk on his lips, his head tilted at just the right angle to throw his face into seductive shades. He almost looked like a photo.

Your heart beat against your chest, your face flushing. Your tongue darted out to wet your lips, not entirely sure of what to make of the emotions coursing through your body. Was he trying to seduce you? 

If so, it was working. Working a little too well. 

You nodded a few times, not entirely trusting your voice to work. Although, you were glad you knew a little bit about physical combat. It should be easy, right? Just settle into the right position and throw a few punches. 
How unfortunate that you were oh so very wrong. 

Kaeya came forward, moving so quickly you almost missed him raise a leg up to kick. With a squeak you darted off to the side, regretting it cause now you could not see Kaeya.

"Behind you," he cooed, landing a kick on your back. It wasn't hard enough to seriously injure, but it was enough to send you sprawling all over the floor. You knew that if he used his full strength, it was likely he could've snapped your back. You groaned as you rolled onto your back, almost immediately being pinned to the ground. 

He straddled your waist, his hands held yours above your head, and he stared down at you, smirking heavily. 

"What a prize for winning this match, hm? The lady of my dreams, the lady I love. All underneath me and red in the face as she stares up at me in shock," he purred, leaning down towards you. If he leaned down any further he'd be kissing you. 

His lips could easily brush against yours, but he made no move as he studied your face. Indeed you were red, you felt it as it burned under his scrutiny. 

Your breaths came in short pants, your chest heaving with each breath. You squirmed a little under him, receiving a stifled groan from Kaeya. 

"I'd suggest you stop squirming if you want to walk away without stumbling and being sore..." he hissed, his words causing you to freeze almost immediately. He wouldn't go that far would he? 

But that cold gaze of his spoke differently, he most definitely would. 

He stared at you once again, tilting his head a little. He seemed to study your face, and he seemed pleased with what he found. 

Kaeya leaned forward, his lips brushing against your ear. "If you accept my... drunk... declaration of my love for you... come find me at noon. I'll be waiting..."

He tugged and nibbled on your ear lobe a little bit before drawing away. Your breath hitched and your face burned. You were almost ashamed to silently admit that it felt kinda nice.

He got up, holding a hand out to help you up from the ground, a knowing smirk on his face. 

This cheeky little-

You huffed and grabbed his hand, squeezing his fingers in an attempt to get back at him.  

He laughed. "Up we go!"

Kaeya pulled you up from the ground with little to no effort. It took all your willpower to not gawk at him. He looked so skinny, barely bigger than the average male. But you had to assume that all his power was from lean muscles that were built to be strong, not for show. It was almost admirable. 

He smirked at you, tilting his head. His hair fell across his eyepatch, framing his eye wonderfully. It was stark and bright against his dark hair, half-lidded as he gazed at you.

"I've said this before, probably twice, but you make me desire things. Things that I have to beg for," he murmured, a hand grasping your chin, his thumb brushing across your lips. "Am I going to have to beg for you too? I'd do it, if it meant you'd be mine." He truly had no shame in saying these things.

Your face burned as you stared at him, your lips parted. You looked like you wanted to be kissed to him. With those wide doe like eyes, cheeks flushed and lips parted. He could feel your light breaths on his hand, sending electricity through his hand and up his arm. You did things to him. He'd never admit what, but you did things to him.

Things to his emotions and his body, and you didn't even have to touch him, much less be in the same room as him.
He chuckled as he let you go. 

"See you at noon, princess."

•☆▪︎▪︎▪︎☆•

You wandered from room to room, looking for Kaeya. It was a few minutes to noon, but you wanted to try and find him before then. You checked every room you ever saw him in.

The kitchen was empty, the hallways equally so. It felt like the house was abandoned. The general lack of sound, the lack of life made it feel dead. 

With one last place to check, you walked towards his room in the vast place. It was the only place he could possibly be, the only place you could think of. 

The clock struck noon, the chimes that announced the time striking and ringing from somewhere in the house as soon the door swung open under your touch. There in the sun-filled room, sitting in the seat in the window, was Kaeya. 

His fur cape was spread across his bed, warming in the sun while Kaeya sat there in the window, his eye shut. His eyepatch was abandoned nearby, and his hair pulled entirely out of his face. He seemed to be tanning himself. Despite him already possessing sun-kissed skin.

He cracked open an eye, smirking when he saw it was you.

"Ah, snowflake. I'm going to assume you share my feelings? Come, sit with me," he said, gesturing a hand, his fingers curling, beckoning to you to come closer.

You walked towards him, intent on sitting in the free space remaining on the windowsill seat, but his hand grabbed at your arm, pulling you onto his lap. You squeaked with the movement, immediately looking at him in shock and surprise-

His lips consumed yours, his hand holding the back of your head. They were impossibly soft against yours, but there was a desperation in them. He kissed you harder, more fervently. He nipped at your lips, his other hand cupping your face. Your own hands had shot into his hair, tugging on the strands as the same desperation consumed you too. 

How unfortunate that oxygen was a necessity. 

You both pulled away from each other, panting and heaving in as much oxygen as you could into your lungs. Your lips were swollen and pink, your mind fuzzy and blank. 

He kissed you again, but this time it was soft and loving, reverent. It was slow, lazy, content. He drew away from you, pressing kisses to the corner of your lips, to your jaw. He left them just below your ear, nipping at your ear. 

You felt your face burn, your body felt hot. Whimpers spilled from your lips as you clung to Kaeya, his lips teasing and brushing against your neck. 

"Will you be my lover, little snowflake?" His lips teased as he moved from your neck and back to your jaw. "Will you be my little princess?" He kissed the corners of your lips, and he breathlessly whispered, "Will you be my Queen?"

You could only nod, your eyes wide as he stared at you with that blue hue, a look of desperation on his face. He perked up with your nod, kissing you deeply. His eye slid shut, pleasure coursing through his body and yours. You momentarily wondered how you got here, what fate had done to get you here. 

But those thoughts were wiped away when you fell from safety, and into the Abyss below, drowning in Kaeya's eternal adoration for you.

•☆▪︎▪︎▪︎☆•

Kaeya stared at your sleeping form beside him in his bed, your precious body curled up in his grasp. He held you from behind, effectively spooning you as he tangled his legs with yours. He wrapped an arm around your middle, another around your shoulders. 

He pressed loving kisses to your neck, sighing lightly after every one. 

"I love you, my darling snowflake. I always will... I even want to take your hand in marriage... but that will have to wait..." he murmured, almost looking sad as he lifted his head to gaze at your peaceful face. 

He insisted that you sleep in the same bed with him again, almost fearing you'd forget and walk away from him. So Kaeya clung to you, keeping you close so you would drown in his scent, so he could mark you.

Not with bite marks or bruising kisses, but with his scent. His scent would be enough for now. It would have to be.

So you took her as your own, I see. Good. Now keep her you fool.

"I don't plan on letting her go, ever," he whispered to that voice inside.

You should wed her soon. Better sooner than later. Then you can get started with growing your bloodline.

"That's too soon, I'd rather wait than force this upon her so quickly. I'll let her see every part of me, broken pieces and all when she's ready to see them. If she accepts them all then I'll take her. After all..." he trailed off.

Finish your sentence you fool. I may reside inside your body but I cannot access your mind, you've blocked me off from it.

"You're awful impatient."

A hiss sounded from within. 

Kaeya huffed a sigh and rolled his eyes. "I deserve someone who loves me for all I am. Mistakes, broken bits, everything. She'll understand... and if not, then my sorrows will rule over me."

You're a pathetic man. Letting emotions determine everything. You'll die before you see Khaenri'ah rise again. 

"No... no I won't die. I saw myself in a lake, and there I saw myself fighting for something. I've had dreams, wonderful, beautiful dreams..." he murmured, more to himself than the entity that haunted him. "I saw myself, holding my wonderful snowflake in a gown... with a swollen belly beneath the skirts. I'll fight to gain that future... and if it takes my life in the process, then to know that my snowflake lives on with our child will be worth it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.8K 53
『kaeya x f!reader』 ❝ you've always been here for me. i couldn't thank you enough. ❞ ❝ it's... it's my job, master kaeya. ❞ ❝ oh... so cold. ❞ started...
8.2K 112 13
A book filled with Kazuha × Heizou × Scara/Wanderer fluff and angst <3 There's not enough of them out there so I decided to make my own! Feel free to...
15K 441 31
Teyvat is vast, the hole in his heart is vaster.-- It is a sizeable place, Teyvat, and as such it holds many grievances. A poor puppet, who deludes f...
68.8K 2.7K 20
Mondstadt was destroyed. Everyone had a hard time getting themselves back together. Their homes were gone, family members dead. Everyone grieved, eve...