Blind Sense (Male Toph Reader...

By r1010101010d

I don't own ATLA or BNHA/MHA. What happens when a boy is born blind, short, and 'frail' in a world filled wit... More

Bio
Chapter 1. The Entrance Exam
Chapter 3. Quirk Apprehension Test
Chapter 4. A Lesson With All Might
Chapter 5. The Invasion Of USJ
Chapter 6. Fighting Back
Chapter 7. UA Sports Festival
Chapter 8. The Obstacle Race
Chapter 9. Start!
Chapter 10. Round 2
Chapter 11. Cavalry Battle
Chapter 12. Fight
Chapter 13. (Y/N)'s Time
Chapter 14. (Y/N) Vs Bakugo
Chapter 15. The Final Match
Chapter 16. Internship
Chapter 17. Training With Mirko
Chapter 18. Learning
Chapter 19. Return To UA

Chapter 2. Accepted

17.4K 502 88
By r1010101010d

Timeskip 

Setting 

"Talking" 

'Thinking' 

Narrating 

[POV Change] 

---------------------------------------------------------- 

Previously...
"This question is from me. What is your biggest weakness? Other than being bli-" Aizawa spoke, but stopped as I interrupted him. "Being blind is not a weakness!" I shouted as I glared at him. "I give you my apologies on behalf of Aizawa, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that," Nezu said, trying to ease the situation. I took a small breath before deciding to answer the question. "My weakness would probably be airborne attackers, as I said when explaining my Quirk," I said, making Nezu write down even more. "Thank you. That'll be all." Nezu said, causing me to stand up and leave the building. I then put a smile back on my before sighing.

----------------------------------------------------------
Beifong Mansion

[Third Person POV]  

Lao and Poppy Beifony were both sitting in the living room, anticipating their son's return from UA's entrance exam. When a butler opened the door for their son, they were expecting to see the boy upset or sad, but instead, he had a large smile on his face. "H-how did it go, darling?" Poppy asked in a worried voice. "It went great! I definitely passed!" (Y/N) exclaimed as he ran to his room. As her son left, Poppy's expression turned into an angry one. "You said that there was no chance of him passing! Look how happy and dirty he is! There's no way he'd be looking like that if he failed!" She yelled at her husband, her voice filled with anger. She then stormed off, not allowing the stuttering Lao to respond.

Timeskip

A few days had passed since then and most things had gone back to normal. Well, except for (Y/N) instantly running downstairs whenever the doorbell rang to see if it was a letter from UA. He was currently sitting in his room and secretly training his Quirk by lifting rocks and making figures or shapes with them. He raised his head and dropped the rocks, however, his eyes lighting up as well. He got onto his feet and ran downstairs, where the butler was opening the door for the mailman. "Thank you." The butler said as he closed the door with one letter in his hand. The UA letter. "Is that the UA letter?" He asked excitedly. As the butler nodded, (Y/N) instantly snatched the letter and ran into the living room. "It's here!" He announced to his parents, making them both nervous.

(Y/N) ripped open the letter, only for a little disk thing to pop out. "What's this?" (Y/N) muttered as he tapped it, only for a hologram to emit from the thing. "I am here as a projection!" A voice that belonged to All Might roared. (Y/N) had gotten a bit scared by it since he couldn't feel it, not knowing it was even there. He couldn't make an outline out of light after all. "Hello, (Y/N) Beifong! You passed the written exam with a flaming 93% mark! That is magnificent!" All Might yelled as the smile on (Y/N)'s face became bigger and his parents' faces showed more worry. "Now onto the practical exam section. You got first place in the race! That basically guaranteed a spot for you in UA! We also loved your answers in the interview!" All Might informed the three, sweat dripping on Lao's forehead with every word. "Obviously, you passed. So welcome, young (Y/N)... to your hero academia!" All Might said as the projection disappeared. (Y/N) let out a cheer as he pumped his fists into the air. The cheer was mostly out of happiness, but it had a bit of 'In your face!' in it.

"So? Can I go to UA?" He asked his father as he looked at him in anticipation of a yes. "Uh..." Lao muttered as he nervously looked around. "You promised!" (Y/N) reminded him as he pointed at his father accusingly. "Yes, honey. You did promise him." Poppy said with a bit of venom in her voice. Lao stuttered for a bit more before he sighed, realizing that he couldn't win in this situation. "Fine. You can go to UA. Your first day is on Monday, I guess." The defeated Lao said as he lowered his head. "Whoo!" (Y/N) exclaimed as he ran back up to his room.

Timeskip

It was now Monday, the first day of the new school year. (Y/N) was dressed in the UA uniform, and to his annoyance, was wearing shoes. He had a backpack over his shoulder but there wasn't much inside it, just the stylus and slate he used for writing in braille. "Bye." He said to his parents as he entered the car that the driver drove. "To UA, correct, sir (Y/N)?" The driver asked him, to which he responded with a nod. (Y/N) couldn't sense his surroundings at the moment, not at all. Not only was he was wearing shoes, but he was in a car, something that restricted him from feeling the ground. 

When the car arrived at the famous school, a smirk made its way onto (Y/N)'s face. "Thank you." (Y/N) said as he opened the door of the car and stepped onto the ground. As the car drove off, (Y/N) took off his shoes and put them in his bag. "Finally, solid ground." He muttered, finally able to feel his surroundings. He wasn't afraid of a teacher asking him where his shoes were due to (Y/N) secretly getting the butler to send a letter to Nezu, requesting to allow (Y/N) to walk barefoot and explaining why he needed to do it. '1-A.' (Y/N) thought to himself as he entered the gates of the school. He could feel that he was getting looks from people, but he didn't really care.

He could sense that someone upstairs was incredibly nervous due to their heart beating incredibly quickly. He couldn't really blame them, to be honest. This was the moment that could make or break their hero career, after all. When he got to the same floor as the boy, he discovered that the boy was still standing in front of the door. "Is this 1-A?" (Y/N) asked the boy as he walked towards him, spooking him a bit. "Y-yeah." The boy answered as he nodded. Unlike the boy, (Y/N) didn't show any nervousness. He just walked in with a smirk. Inside the classroom, a boy with glasses was yelling at a blonde kid who had his feet up on a desk. The boy with the glasses then shifted his attention towards (Y/N) as he was entering the class. "Where are your shoes?!" Iida asked, bewildered by (Y/N)'s 'lack of manners'. "Mind your business, engine boy." (Y/N) replied, his smirk remaining on his face. He could sense that the boy had engines or something of the sort on his calves, which is why he called him that nickname. He then walked to the back of the class and sat down in front of a strong-looking boy, behind a boy with crazy red hair, and to the right of a boy with a bird head. The seat to his right was empty for the time being, however. 

"Engine boy..?" Iida muttered to himself, surprised by what just happened. He shook it off, however, and went to greet the green-haired boy at the door. Meanwhile, (Y/N) could feel someone staring at him from across the room. Using his Quirk, he noticed that it was the boy who was yelling with his feet up on his desk. He didn't know why the boy was staring at him, but he did know that he wasn't a fan of it. Before he could stare back, another man entered the room. (Y/N) was able to recognize him as the man who helped him in the writing exam, and a boy with two hair colours did too, along with a girl with a ponytail.

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Nice to meet you." Aizawa said, shocking some of the students. Unlike everyone else, (Y/N) couldn't see Aizawa's appearance, so he wasn't shocked like them. "It's kind of sudden, but put this on and go out onto the field," Aizawa said as he pulled out UA's sports uniform from his sleeping bag. (Y/N) didn't know what he pulled out at first, but he figured that it was a uniform judging by Aizawa's words. 

A few minutes later, (Y/N) was standing in the field along with everybody. Like everybody, he was wearing the sports uniform he was given by Aizawa. "A Quirk assessment test?!" A girl with a bob cut exclaimed, surprised by the teacher. "What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?" She asked him as she raised her hands in hope. Aizawa proceeded to turn his back to the students before speaking. "If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events." He said, confusing some of his students. "UA's selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes." He said, turning around to face them once again.

"You kids have been doing these since junior high, too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirks. The country still uses averages taken from students not using their quirks. It's not rational. Well, the ministry of education is procrastinating." He told them as he showed an example on his phone. "Bakugo, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right? In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?" Aizawa asked Bakugo as students looked at the blond. 'So he got first in the non-recommendations exam. I'll have to keep an eye out for him. Well more like a foot since I can't see.' (Y/N) thought to himself as he looked in the direction of Bakugo. "67 metres," Bakugo answered. "Then, try doing it with your Quirk," Aizawa said, making Bakugo walk into a circle after receiving a ball from Aizawa. "You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up. Give it all you have got." Aizawa told him as all eyes were on him.

Bakugo stretched for a bit before taking a few steps forward. "Die..!" Bakugo shouted as he threw the ball into the sky with an explosion. The ball soared through the air and created a couple of smoke rings in the sky. "Know your own maximum first," Aizawa instructed as the ball began to fall towards the ground. "That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero," Aizawa said as he showed them Bakugo's score of 705. (Y/N) was about to ask someone what his score was, but his question was answered when a blond boy said, "705 metres, for real?" The students began to get excited at this opportunity, making Aizawa a bit upset. "It looks fun, huh? You have three years to become a hero. Will you have an attitude like that the whole time? All right. Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential... and will be punished with expulsion." Aizawa said as he smirked, shocking the students. (Y/N) didn't seem to care much though, he was confident in his abilities and knew he wouldn't get last place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 344 12
in this story, izuku was born as a hybrid saiyan and his parents are inko midoriya and son goku. he was diagnosed as being quirkless, but due to the...
1.4M 37K 37
Everyone thinks Izuku is quirkless... even himself. When All Might crushes Izuku's dreams of becoming a hero, Izuku shuts himself into his house for...
77.8K 2K 59
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
55.4K 1K 11
Izuku lost everything the moment he was declared quirkless He lost his mother,father's love and was neglected and abused by them His friends left him...