Out of Time (Loki x Reader)

By AislynMarie_

Upon practicing your magic on Asgard, you were banished by Odin, an Orphan was all you were to him. But bein... More

Chapter 1: Asgard
Chapter 2: The Ballroom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 6: Avengers?
Chapter 7: Control
Chapter 8: New Addition
Chapter 9: Good Old Days
Chapter 10: The Unexpected
Chapter 11: HYDRA
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: Home
Chapter 14: Cold Hearted
Chapter 15: The Garden
Chapter 16: No More Music
Chapter 17: Motherly Advice
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 19: More Headaches
Chapter 20: Destruction
Chapter 21: Party, Party
Chapter 22: Drinks on me
Chapter 23: The Villain
Chapter 24: Hulk SMASH
Chapter 25: Nine Realms
Chapter 26: Life
Chapter 27: Reminiscing
Chapter 28: Vulnerability
Chapter 29: Loki
Chapter 30: Secrets
Chapter 31: Liar
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: Sister?
Authors Note
Chapter 34: The GrandMaster
Chapter 35: Champion
Chapter 36: Tired.
Chapter 37: Different
Chapter 38: Move on
Chapter 39: Hela
Chapter 40: Disbelief
Chapter 41: Earth
Chapter 42: Christmas Eve
Chapter 43: Christmas
Chapter 44: New years Eve
Chapter 45: Tesseract
Chapter 46: The Winning Side
Chapter 47: Regret
Chapter 48: Barnes
Chapter 49: All of The Stars Above
Chapter 50: Ebony Maw
Chapter 51: Pretend
Chapter 52: The Sanctuary II
Chapter 53: Cell Block 17
Chapter 54: Traitor
Chapter 55: Wakanda
Chapter 56: Betrayal
Chapter 57: All For Love
Chapter 58: We Lost
Chapter 59: Grief
Chapter 61: Finding the Stones
Chapter 62: Vanaheim
Chapter 63: Our Garden Of White Roses
Chapter 64: The Missing Stone
Chapter 65: Old Friends
Chapter 66: Reunion
Chapter 67: Timeless
Chapter 68: The Final Stone
Chapter 69: Endgame
Chapter 70: You Cant Change The Inevitable
Chapter 71: Memory
Chapter 72: "Out of Time."
Chapter 73: "But Never, Out Of Love."

Chapter 60: Planets upon Planets

443 11 5
By AislynMarie_

It's the next day, everyone is sitting around the kitchen island after having breakfast.

Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Rhodey, Carol, Wanda and you. Tony was in the medical bay, awaiting fluids.

You are all speaking amongst yourselves when a close of the compounds front doors cause everyone to look towards the recipient.

Everyone is shocked by whoever this could be. You look up, meeting the black voided eyes of non other than...

"Nebula?" You ask, standing to your feet and heading her direction. She looked uncomfortable with all the eyes on her. But soon relaxed as she noticed you.

"I know where he is." She says quietly. Your eyes widen.

Thanos.

We all stood inside of the upstairs living room. Listening to the robot, which you knew as Nebula.

Steve, Natasha, Carol, Wanda, Rocket and Rhodey all stood around the kitchen island.

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even while I was disassembled, I wanted to please him." She grimaced and turned to lean over on the kitchen island.

"I'd ask "where would we go once his plan was complete?". His answer was always the same: "To the Garden." " she finished. You smirked to yourself.

"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodey said slyly. You smirked and looked at the floor.

"What, is he planting flowers? Growing vegetables?" Steve looked to you and then back to Nebula. Slowly becoming irritated by your lack of attention.

"So where is he?" Steve asked. Rocket walked over and led everyone through the halls and to the meeting room once more.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it..." he said.

"Until two days ago."  he pressed a few buttons before a hologram of a planet pops up, with a shockwave visibly traversing the surface.

"On this planet." He finished. You admired the hologram.

"Thanos is there." Nebula spoke once more as the hologram of the planet formed another shockwave around it.

"He used the stones again." You whispered.

"He still has them..." Wanda said shooting a look to you.

"So let's get him...Use them to bring everyone back." Carol said. You turned to her with a look of hope in your eyes.

"Just like that?" Rhodey asked.

"Just like that..." you whispered underneath your breath and stood up straight.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Natasha said confidently. She shared a small nod your way and your cheeks warmed at the thought of Loki.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Rocket asked from the back.

"Because last time, you didn't have me." Carol said cockily.

"And I wasn't at my best." You chimed I . Carol looked at you and smiled, you were on her side.

"Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey asked a little irritated by her confidence.

"Look it doesn't matter, if I have a chance to get Loki, Bucky, Stephen and Peter back. I'm taking it, if you're in or not." You said now standing up and in between Rhodey and Carol.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch." Steve said. Everyone looked at him, you slowly but surely gasped.

"Language Steven!" Your shocked expression, which you faked, soon turned to a smile. He shook his head at you.

"Never letting that go." You say as you nudge his arm. "Yeah- yeah I gathered that." He responded with a sigh.

Rocket led everyone to a space ship, one that Tony had gotten off of just hours prior.

As you all headed to the ship, Wanda grabs ahold of your arm. You turn to look at her. Her eyes saddened.

"I don't think it's a good idea that I go." She whispered. You bite your tongue and nod your head understanding her viewpoint.

"Keep an eye on Tony?" You ask her, she smiles and then nods. You couldn't help but feel her sadness.

"Promise you'll be okay?" You ask her, she slowly nods and without a second more, she hugs you. Her warm embrace was comforting.

"Update me." She whispers through your hair. You pull away and your brows furrow.

"Always." You reassured. She smiles and waves you off. As you turn to head back to the ship, loud footsteps approached. Dragging on the green fluffy grass below.

You turn and your eyes meet Thors. Without wanting to ask too many questions you link your arm with his as he walks over, slowly guiding each other to the ship.

You all got settled in, except Carol. Rocket stood at the controls and began take off.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked from the Captains seat. Steve, Natasha, and Rhodey rose their hands.

"Why?" You asked now turning back to the raccoon.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Rocket exclaimed.

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula said to Rocket, and to warn everyone else.

The ship jumps forward into a wormhole, and Steve holds onto his seat for dear life. Your stomach twists and you gripped the sides of your arm rests. The ship slows down, and the ship hovers in orbit of the planet seen in the hologram previously. Carol hovers in front of the ships window.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind." She pauses and looks to you in the seat jsut behind Rocket.

"It's just him." Carol said. You slowly looked to the ground.

"This is gonna work y/n..." Natasha whispered as she noticed your lack of engagement.

"What if it doesn't..." you asked.

"What if it does?" Rocket asked from the front. You looked up and smiled softly at him. Rocket exchanged a smile and then turned back to the controls.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch."

As the ship landed on the planet, Thor helps you out of the ship and stands back with you.

"Keep your cool Thor. We can't lose it in there." You said as he walked along side of you.

"I'll go for the head." He bitterly whispers. You looked to him in disbelief.

"Dont. If you screw this up, we could never get another chance at this." You said, scolding him. He slowly nodded.

You and Thor made your way to the house. Carol flies through the roof, knocking Thanos down, and grabbing his neck. Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor bursts from the ground, and grabs Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm.

As you approach, your team strikes an attack, and you see him. Thanos's whole left side is burnt black with blisters; He looks ridiculously pathetic compared to when you saw him last.

Thor flies in and slices off the Infinity Gauntlet. Rhodey flies down with Rocket and aims guns on Thanos' head.

Rocket goes over to the sliced off Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over, as everyone realizes that there are no stones in it.

"Oh no." Rocket whispered. You walked over to him and inspected the gauntlet.

"Where are they?" You said turning back to him.

"Answer the question!" Carol yelled.

"The universe required correction. After that- the stones served no purpose beyond temptation." Thanos said menacingly.

"You killed trillions." You said coldly.

"You should be grateful." Thanos fired back. You walked over and stood over him. You glared down at Thanos.

"Where are the Stones." You snarled.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." He responded. With no care in the world.

"You used them two days ago! How are they gone!" You yelled as you grabbed his gauntlet from the floor.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." You stood back, now in disbelief.

Your eyes glared down at him and Thor gripped your sleeve asking you to step away before you'd do something irrational.

"I am... inevitable." Thanos said while straightening himself up.

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he has to be lying." Rhodey said while tossing a basket off of the table.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula said now stepping away from the crowd.

"Ah, thank you, daughter." Thanos exclaimed quietly. Nebula looks down, a little uncomfortable.

"Perhaps I treated you too harshly." He finished. He looked over at Nebula and then to you.

"There's another stone. In which I couldn't properly destroy." Thanos starts. You look up and meet his gaze.

"Where?" You quickly question, leaving no room for others to speak.

"On a different planet." Thanos vaguely states. You look to Carol who had him in a head lock. As she tensed, her arm glowed, choking him. He struggled before choking out names.

"V-" his cry cut him off. You looked to Carol who loosened her grip, he paused, catching his breath.

"Vormir." He whispered, out of breath.

Thor's face filled with rage as he raises to summon his axe. You rushed to grab his sleeve but he gets out of your grasp too quickly.

"Thor, no! No-"

You throw a shield up, preventing Thors axe from slicing Thanos in half. Thor drops his axe. Having no need for it anymore.

As you drop the shield, Thor walks away. Thor slowly walks out of the shed, no real purpose in his steps.

"Magic isn't supposed to work here...that's why he chose it...he wouldn't be able to be outnumbered." Nebula said. She watched you curiously.

"So you do pay attention." Thanos says to Nebula. Carols grip tightened once more.

"Why Vormir?" You ask him. He lightly laughs.

"Because you'll never make it back alive." He laughs.

"I promise you a war. And your blood will be shed." You say bitterly. His laugh was cut off as you look to Carol. Her grip tightens, you turn and like the rest of the team, you all begin to walk out.

You hear Thanos struggle behind you. You look to the floor, picking up Thors axe, and as you all walk out, you hear the slight crack of Thanos' neck.

Everyone walks back to the ship.

Now there truly was no going back.

———

A/n: do I hate this chapter? A little, do I care to redo it? Not particularly 😂

I hope this puts a fun little twist on the story and not like, confusing,

I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to vote/comment! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 10.7K 121
You stuck by him through thick and thin, often leaving Thor's side to help him. You knew him to every last detail, the way he walked, talked, the way...
250K 6.5K 13
You want to find true love, so you escape to Asgard. Will everything go as planned? Loki X Reader
11.1K 361 32
She was healing my world..all the damage was fading....how could someone so pure love me. He was crude and harsh...I shouldn't want him...but why was...
116K 3.2K 50
A slow burn fanfic. Marvel, Loki x reader Y/n = your name E/c= eye colour H/c= hair colour This is my first fanfic so please be nice ;) , construct...