Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 21

422 23 8
By FlorindaBrydon

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'That's impossible! I knew you were older than the Man In The Moon, but are you seriously telling me that you're older than the Earth?! And that you dug up the top of the planet to make it round and then made Australia out of it!?' I half yelled while flailing my arms at him.

Bunny chuckled at my confusion.

'Uh huh. Jack, I'm a time travela. Well, I used to be. I was the guardian of the whole universe and I was standin next to the King and Queen of the Golden Age, during the ceremony of baby MiM's birth. I was there the day that entire galaxy, kingdom and all of it's people were butchered without reason. Hundreds of thousands of people and planets, gone within a few days. All destroyed by Pitch, his Fearlings and Nightmare Pirates. At one point he even tried to kill his own daughta.

I watched the Earth be created and I watched it's people grow into what they are now. I've lived to see the destruction of my own home planet and I also watched my entire race come to the brink of extinction. I couldn't do a single thing to save any of them. If I die, that whole civilisation would be lost and forgotten. Even time itself would erase any trace of Pooka's existence. I can't let that happen.' Bunny explained.

'Ok, but if you had so much power, why did you give it all up?' I asked while calmly returning to my seat, again.

I've lost count on how many times I've gotten on and off this couch.

'Cause even with all of my powa, I failed at that one job I was given. I lost Santoff Clausen. That stupid little village filled with magic and inventors, the last wizard from Atlantis and his adopted daughta, the spectral boy and his moonbeam. They managed to wiggle into my lonley heart and I fell in love with that amazing little place.

Until a spell Ombric casted backfired. The whole place vanished into thin air, leavin North and I alone. It was North's home and he lived there for years, learnin spells and bonding with the people. I felt the most bad for him since he was nothin but the most wanted thief in all of Russia, and suddenly Ombric changed him into a good person. He gave North the home he neva had and the family he always wanted.

Within an instant, it was completely gone. I searched for years, jumping fowards and backwards through time tryin to find them and tryin to work out what exactly happened that day. I neva did. Even at one point I was desperate enough to break my biggest rules and go into different dimensions, lookin for them inside of otha alternate worlds, thinking that would be the only otha place they could be. But I think both North and I knew we were now searching for nothing but the dead.

I hated myself for letting them get so close to me personally and because of that, they are all gone.

I lost all hope in myself and in anything I did. Seriously, I couldn't see any point in having hope, it's not really real. If I can't find one missing magic village then what kind of guardian am I? That's when I realised that, that was my centa. It was hope. I was still lookin for them long afta North had given up. I seriously went to the ends of the Earth in "hope" of finding them.

Still to this day I haven't completely given up. I'll find them eventually. But even if they did somehow survive, they would have died of old age hundreds of years ago. Nightlight and his moonbeam are the only ones who could possibly live for this long. So, I'll keep lookin until I find him.

I think you would love Nightlight, he's almost exactly like you. Constantly wanting to run around and play tricks on people. He loved flyin and playin tag or hide-n-seek with MiM's moonbeams. He neva spoke a word, but extremely rarely he would say one single word. He was telepathic and communicated with his mind to his moonbeam, so he didn't feel the need to actually use his mouth to talk. He did love to laugh a lot though. That's the only thing you would eva constantly hear come from him. Kinda like you, only I can neva get ya to shut up.

Oh, now thinking about it, he even had the same white hair and staff as you too. Only his staff has a big Dimond on the top and his moonbeam lived inside it.' Bunny finished while chuckling to himself. I could tell he was trying to cheer himself up.

'Haha! Really!' I commented while laughing and running a hand through my hair, taking note on the colour.

'So what did you do after finding your center?' I asked while admiring the frost I was making wrap around my staff.

'Umm... Afta I had given up looking for them and I found my centa, I devoted myself to protecting the hope that's inside othas, especially children. It was like a payback for my failures. That's why I envy your centa Jack, fun is easia to spread than hope. I'm too old, I envy your youth. I've seen too much and I've watched too many people die.

Before you became a guardian I was startin to wonda why I was still even botherin with living. I didn't really have anythin left to live for, but then you showed up and made me relise how foolish I was being.' Bunny spoke obviously still extremely upset about losing all of his friends but happy to now have me as a permanent friend.

'Bunny!' I exclaimed while quickly tackling the sad Pooka in a hug. He toppled backwards onto the couch, slightly shocked about the sudden hug. After a second of awkwardness he relaxed and hugged me back.

'Bunny, no matter what happens, you are never alone, I'll always be here. We're brothers, and that's what family does, we stick together!' I said proudly while lying on his chest.

Oh! Come! On! I tackled him, remember. He's lying down.

'Family? Now that's something I thought I would neva get back. I guess I was wrong.' He replied while sitting up and moving me onto his lap. I smiled up at him, showing off my true cheeky and fun personality. It earned me nothing but an eye roll and a sigh.

'You sure know how to cheer me up, don't ya.' Bunny said while smirking and then dumping me off his lap, making me fall back onto the couch.

Before I could reply or even sit up, he suddenly attacked me with tickles.

I yelled out while laughing uncontrollably, trying to get him to stop. Obviously he didn't.

It's official we are true Bros.

|

|

|

|

|

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

|

'Crikey! Oi! Wait! Stop! That's too heavy for you to lift on your own!' Joey yelled from the top step of the back deck. We were fixing the backdoor and I was carrying the new replacement door on my shoulders.

'That was a bloody stupid thing to do Romanna!' Joey scolded while lifting the other end of the large 60+kg door.

'Aww, c'mon! I had it! It's not that heavy, I can do this by myself.' I complained back while walking with Joey up the back stairs to attach the new door to the old frame.

'I don't care how freaky strong ya think ya are. You will hurt ya back if ya lift things that are too heavy. It's bad enough ya carry thoes 30+ kilo hay bails every day without a fridge trolley! It's stupid and ya know it!' He exclaimed while moving me away and attempting to lift the new door into the doorway on his own.

'It's funny, ya tell me not to lift heavy things on my own, then ya go and do just that.' I rebutted at his futile point.

It was amusing watching him struggle with the door. He's trying to lift it into it's place, but not being able too.

'Aghh! Crikey it's too heavy.....' Joey complained while face palming in defeat.

'Oh really?! Is it now?' I replied in a mocking tone while pushing past him and lifting the door on my own and holding it up in place so he could drill it into the frame.

'Oi shut up. Ma point still stands.' He said while climbing up the small step ladder and drilling into the door's hinges.

I laughed out loud at his embarrassment. He has once again been out bested by a teenager.

'How are ya so bloody strong?! You can lift this door ova ya head without even breakin a sweat. It's like ya have supa powas. Oh, oh, I think I've just worked out who you secretly are! You're supa girl, arn't ya!' He joked while carefully stepping off the ladder. I let go of the now secured door and dusted my hands of.

'Haha, nope! Not supa girl. If I was I would be able to fly and have X-ray vision. The last time I checked, I can't do thoes things.' I joked back while opening the new door and walking into the kitchen.

Joey was half right though, I do have super human strength. I don't use it to it's full potential though, I don't want to accidentally activate my real and currently dormant powers.

That's what has caused it, my earth powers, the ones I had when I was a little kid. Even though I can't actually access them or use them anymore, they are still there and I've found a way to summon super strength when I need it. But that's it. That's all I can do, nothing else. No weather changing or plant growing. Just occasional super strength and the ability to heal really fast, that's all I have left of my once hugely vast powers.

'How's ya head?' Joey asked while pouring a cup of freshly made orange juice, thanks to Jessica.

'It's fine, just a scratch.' I replied while rubbing my forehead. I was telling the truth. The deep 2 inch gash I had sustained yesterday had almost completely healed. It was seriously just a tiny and almost invisible scratch now. The burn on my neck was already completely gone and so were the cuts on my feet.

Thanks to my not so completely gone powers, I heal really fast. That's another reason I wasn't too concerned about my injures, I'm normally completely healed by the next day.

'Wow I could have sworn that was really bad last night' He said while inspecting my face.

'What can I say? I heal fast.' I said simply in a sarcastic tone.

'Haha, I guess ya do' Joey said while handing me a cup of the cold juice.

Oh the irony! Is it bad that I seriously enjoy confusing this poor man. It's too fun and I really need to stop.

'Ah, thanks. So, are we gonna fix that step now?' I asked while sitting down.
My energy was running a little low since my body was still healing itself and I used a little too much of my tiny supply of power with lifting that door. I'll take a nap later to replenish my batteries.

'Uh huh, if we have the necessary tools. Ya don't mind runnin out to ya shed and gettin me a hamma and some nails?' Joey asked.

'Yup, sure!' I replied happily while running through the back door and down the stairs.

Right on cue I tripped over the broken step we were just about to fix and fell head first towards the concrete. I yelped while shutting my eyes, expecting to feel the pain of my head hitting the concrete....Again, but this time I didn't.

'You've got to be more careful.' A familiar voice spoke to me.

I opened my eyes to see Jack. He had caught me from falling and was holding me bridal style in his arms.

'It's funny because I was just about to fix it.' I replied while he stood me back onto my feet. We laughed for a moment before I spoke again.

'What's with you and savin me in the nick of time?' I joked while poking his shoulder and walking around to the side of the house.

'I wouldn't have too, if you would just stop getting yourself into trouble.' He replied while unlocking the garden gate and holding it open for me.

'You're a real gentleman arn't ya.' I joked while strutting through.

'The lady deserves nothing less!' Jack replied with a cheeky smile and gave me a proper gentlemen styled bow.

'You're really somethin Frost.' I commented while chuckling and raising an eyebrow at him.

'So whatcha doin here?' I asked while opening the small garden shed and digging through the cluttered mess, trying to find a hammer.

'Well I promised that I would see you again and everyone I know is dead asleep. Ok, I'm not so sure about Tooth or Sandy since they work 24/7, but if they are working, I don't want to disturb them.' He replied as I handed him the hammer to hold while I searched for the nails.

'Oh yeah, the time difference thing. Does that mean it's night time where you live?' I asked while standing on my tiptoes trying to see over the clutter of gardening equipment and tools.

'Uh huh. Actually that's something I really need to ask you. I know this is going to be a really annoying thing to ask, but I really need to get back to work. Winter in Burgess, my home, is staring to warm up and turn into a really early spring. I've been preoccupied with the crazy time zones and I'm sleeping during the day when I'm meant to be spreading winter and fun.' He said while fidgeting with his staff.

'Ok Frost, where's your point goin' I mumbled while slightly preoccupied with trying to find the nails.

'I need you to stay awake for as long as possible tonight. I need to be awake during the day so I can do my guardian jobs. If I neglect them anymore than I already have I will start losing believers and turn invisible again.' Jack said sadly in a begging like tone.

'Oh, Jack I'm so sorry! I didn't even realise! All this time you've been letting me sleep when you should be awake! Why didn't ya say somethin before, ya silly-billy! Of course I'll stay up for ya. It's not really that much of a big deal.' I replied while finally finding the nails and taking the hammer off him.

'Thank you!' Jack exclaimed while hugging me tightly, causing me to drop the hammer and nails I was holding. Luckily they missed his bare feet by less than a few inches.

'No worries! I'll have a movie marathon or somethin. You havin believers is way more important than me havin sleep. I still don't understand why you waited this long to speak up.' I replied while pulling away from the hug and picking up the stuff I dropped.

'Umm... Well... I kinda liked falling asleep with you. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to do work, I would rather be with you.' He said shyly while nervously rubbing his neck.

'Aww, Jack.' I replied in a very sweet tone.

On the outside I'm relaxed and just the slightest bit awwing. On the inside I'm having a major squealing fan girl attack.

Awwwww!!!!!! He's being all shy, it's sooo sweet!!!! Ahh, I can't handle his level of cuteness right now! Oh my god, he's blushing!!! Yup I can't... I just can't!

'You're too sweet.' I replied while kissing him on the cheek and attempting not to reveal that I was also blushing. But as I took a step away from him, he suddenly hooked his staff around shoulders and pulled me back into his grasp.

'You missed.' He whispered while smirking at me.

'Oh I did? Well I betta correct my mistake immediately.' I joked while closing the small gap between our faces. I was aiming for a small quick peck like kiss, but when his hand met with the side of my face, I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop.

'Romie! What's takin ya so long?' Joey yelled from inside the house. I was suddenly startled and quickly pulled away from Jack's grasp.

'Sorry! Coming!' I yelled back at him.

'Oops, my falt.' Jack said while unhooking his staff from around my body.

A/N

Hello Everyone!

So you've now seen deeper in the tormented mind of Bunnymund and you've also seen a little more of Romanna's powers.

Thanks for reading and voting!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 83 11
You have heard of the guardians which contains North (aka. Santa Claus), Sandy (aka. Sandman), Tooth (aka. Tooth Fairy), Bunny (aka. Easter Bunny), a...
55K 1.6K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...
619 43 9
My name, as you probably know, is Jack Frost. How I know that? Because the moon told me and this story will be full of drama, exciting new adventures...
724 16 5
When the Man in the Moon chooses you to be a Guardian of Joy and the Spirit of Autumn, you must learn your powers. But problems arise when Pitch Bla...